Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the single most influential person in Bitcoin?  (Read 830 times)
Chain Clash (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

https://chainclash.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2019, 01:49:18 PM

Either "no one" or "Satoshi Nakamoto". Thankfully, Satoshi isn't around anymore, making it currently no one.

This is a good thing, because extremely powerful influencers are a naturally centralising force on decision making. Many people prefer to follow someone they agree with and stop thinking critically when that person says something they otherwise might disagree with if said by someone else.

There are some people that I consider very influential, very clever, and very aligned to my views. People like Andreas Antonopoulos, Saifedean Ammous, many of the core devs, and so on. However when I find myself agreeing with them too much, I often go out of my way to find things I strongly disagree with them on so that I can maintain a healthy level of criticality when they say something else that requires careful examination.

To note: I haven't yet found anyone that I agree 100% with; and I consider that to be very positive. I even probably disagree with Satoshi about a couple of things based on some statements he made, but since he's not around to discuss them and elucidate/clarify his opinions further, I won't say that with certainty. I will say however that I disagree with the interpretation I have of a couple of things that he said.

Very true, and of course it's hard to find anybody you'd agree with on all the things. I think this also goes for pretty much everyone who by design *is* the most influential person in any other given project, like Vitalik for Ethereum, who is also controversial.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
★☆         Chain Clash Pre-sale is live!        ★☆
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 01:55:19 PM

John McAfee is the single most influential person in Bitcoin.

What do you think?
Most? I don't think so, he's influential but he's not to that point anymore. People on the forum doesn't look to him as the same guy who's very optimistic about bitcoin before. He's changed and as you know, he has shilled a lot of altcoins.

So, putting him on the list as the most influential person for bitcoin is already crossed out. Everyone has the same opinion about Andreas to be the guy that's very influential, I've watched an interview of him and it's not just the influence that he brings. You can see the passion in what he does.

I think that everyone of us has the power here, there is no influential or not, what we have is acceptance from most people, imagine despite the fact that government officials are not in favor at this at first but still we all manage to encourage a lot of people, we manage to make them believe and introducing and letting them know the power of blockchain and technology.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 02:24:29 PM

for me, he is not famous person, i know him via internet, join some group than asking something about bitcoin. he teach me like brother. you know how difficult to teach someone that dont know about bitcoin (but i know because im little trader before) but he teach and introduce all about bitcoin. he is not influential at all, but he is influential for me.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 07:40:56 PM

Most? I don't think so, he's influential but he's not to that point anymore. People on the forum doesn't look to him as the same guy who's very optimistic about bitcoin before. He's changed and as you know, he has shilled a lot of altcoins.

So, putting him on the list as the most influential person for bitcoin is already crossed out. Everyone has the same opinion about Andreas to be the guy that's very influential, I've watched an interview of him and it's not just the influence that he brings. You can see the passion in what he does.

I think that everyone of us has the power here, there is no influential or not, what we have is acceptance from most people, imagine despite the fact that government officials are not in favor at this at first but still we all manage to encourage a lot of people, we manage to make them believe and introducing and letting them know the power of blockchain and technology.
Everyone has the power? but we are not that too powerful as these personalities. They've made their name and became popular because of what they've done to cryptocurrencies. And this what Andreas became the most influential in everyone's opinion.

He's been conducting seminars and talks in different conferences just to let the others what bitcoin and blockchain can do. We're too small compare to him but we can do the same in other manner.

crypto_fan_boy

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 10:26:30 PM

Warren Buffet, considering he would at least accept Bitcoin as real currency. He has been one of the best businessman and trader in market. He knows what the financial markets need and he adapts. Think of it as a giant step forward in bitcoin evolution, billionaires accepting cryptocurrencies.
IwantMoonBefore2020

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 03:02:00 PM

for me, he is not famous person, i know him via internet, join some group than asking something about bitcoin. he teach me like brother. you know how difficult to teach someone that dont know about bitcoin (but i know because im little trader before) but he teach and introduce all about bitcoin. he is not influential at all, but he is influential for me.

Did he explain you how world was going to be with bitcoin and we was going to be worldwide with bitcoin ? Did he told you he was going to leave because his brain was working to much and it was difficult to think about how change world and think about governement all the times ?
He told you about the comeback 10years later ?
you will understand Smiley
Thank you
BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 06:16:17 PM

For majority you find people that are influential might not be famous celebrities, Satoshi was not a famous person when he introduced the bitcoin white paper but the content was special enough to attract many in the market and that how bitcoin started, i do not believe in any endorsement by any celebrity, all these endorsement by these celebrity can be misleading as they will do any endorsement for money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: