Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:20:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big money moving in next year, means greater demand for DEX projects?  (Read 1536 times)
LeoBTCGod

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 04:05:28 PM

The idea that Privacy lovers can start using Dex exchanges more than any is highly possible but not all privacy coins will be delisted from Centralized exchanges, and again pray that this never happens, privacy coins are lagging presently and if eventually every single one of them get delisted from Centralized exchanges there will be problem, why? Dex has no good volume, bad experience overall, low Liquidity and Dex doesn't solve hacks

I see nothing wrong with delisting private coins from centralized exchanges. Any centralized exchange contradicts the ideology of private coins. I think it will be good if they are used for what they were created for - which means they will go past centralized exchanges and will be used directly by people.

That's true, but there aren't really that many people who transact between each other, so privacy orientated coins fits nicely on decentralized exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 20, 2020, 06:07:35 PM

The idea that Privacy lovers can start using Dex exchanges more than any is highly possible but not all privacy coins will be delisted from Centralized exchanges, and again pray that this never happens, privacy coins are lagging presently and if eventually every single one of them get delisted from Centralized exchanges there will be problem, why? Dex has no good volume, bad experience overall, low Liquidity and Dex doesn't solve hacks

I see nothing wrong with delisting private coins from centralized exchanges. Any centralized exchange contradicts the ideology of private coins. I think it will be good if they are used for what they were created for - which means they will go past centralized exchanges and will be used directly by people.

That's true, but there aren't really that many people who transact between each other, so privacy orientated coins fits nicely on decentralized exchanges.

That is not the point here. Whether they do buy privacy coin or simply BTC alone. They need to be anonymous and skip KYC no matter what and if they stay in centralize exchange, they are required the mandatory submission to KYC/AML which in turn doesn't make them anonymous.

They can be anonymous buying just about any coins as long as they are in the DEX which is why they need to move out from CEX. And if all these takes place, the liquidity could improve to be enough for good trading volume.

LeoBTCGod

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 12:49:58 AM

That is not the point here. Whether they do buy privacy coin or simply BTC alone. They need to be anonymous and skip KYC no matter what and if they stay in centralize exchange, they are required the mandatory submission to KYC/AML which in turn doesn't make them anonymous.

They can be anonymous buying just about any coins as long as they are in the DEX which is why they need to move out from CEX. And if all these takes place, the liquidity could improve to be enough for good trading volume.

That's pretty much what I meant. Anyone looking to get into privacy coins should do so on a DEX, and NOT a centralized exchange which can easily match your identity with your Monero address you use to withdraw to.

However, if you buy BTC on Coinbase, send it to your wallet. Open up the Blocknet DX platform, and exchange it for a privacy coin, nobody can track you down, since as soon as you exchange for another coin, you're trails are vanished pretty much.
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2020, 03:37:17 PM

we are already in Q2 2020, and no Big Money has yet arrived,
and no DEX project has gone up to All Time High, maybe not this year, still seeing  Smiley

The altcoin run has only just started, slowly but steadily will BTC lose it's dominance, trust me. The market moves in cycles.

DEX's will be used by millions of people in the future, why else do you think Binance made their own (fake) DEX? They are afraid of the competition. It's that simple.
LeoBTCGod

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 12:19:25 PM

we are already in Q2 2020, and no Big Money has yet arrived,
and no DEX project has gone up to All Time High, maybe not this year, still seeing  Smiley

The altcoin run has only just started, slowly but steadily will BTC lose it's dominance, trust me. The market moves in cycles.

DEX's will be used by millions of people in the future, why else do you think Binance made their own (fake) DEX? They are afraid of the competition. It's that simple.

I did some research on Blocknet, since it's mentioned by the OP, and apparently you need to download the full blockchains you want to trade before accessing the DEX. This is not very user friendly, which is why the DEX itself doesn't get as much trade volume yet

However, they are soon releasing their Litewallet which doesn't require this - Instead you just download, send funds to the wallet, and trade with a simple button, much like Shapeshift in a way. Pretty damn cool, and definitely something I think will 10x the volume on the Blocknet DEX in no time - Especially because it's not a DEX based on ETH.
Marckolind (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

XMR is dominating the volume on Bisq from what I can see, twice as much volume compared with BTC, which is pretty damn surprising.

XMR has recently been added to Blocknet's XRouter, which is pretty damn cool Smiley
Wh00re

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 02:18:30 PM

XMR is dominating the volume on Bisq from what I can see, twice as much volume compared with BTC, which is pretty damn surprising.

XMR has recently been added to Blocknet's XRouter, which is pretty damn cool Smiley

So has NEO, so they are definitely making good progress,  Grin (Yeah I hold NEO, so this is good news for the NEO community as well).
JumangiMan

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 03:42:15 PM

Big money is already here! Wall Street already own more BTC then Satoshi!
https://newsblockchain.io/news/grayscales-continuous-growth-hitting-38-billion-usd
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 04:53:54 PM

There is no definite movement about this, I am waiting but it seems to be ignored and come back when there is big news. At present, they only have fake volumes that are moving for popularity.
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2020, 06:37:53 PM

https://newsblockchain.io/news/grayscales-continuous-growth-hitting-38-billion-usd

This is only the beginning. We need venture capital firms, and millionaires to enter the scene, which will make the whole market boom yet again. Once we break $20k alt's will likely surge once more.

There is no definite movement about this, I am waiting but it seems to be ignored and come back when there is big news. At present, they only have fake volumes that are moving for popularity.

DEX's are being worked on constantly, and they get better and better. The growth of these DEX's (in volume) has grown into the millions already.
BTCXRPADA

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 02:25:28 PM

Where do you see fake volume on DEX's? As far as I know there isn't any, I coul be wrong though. From looking at: https://twitter.com/dxstats it seems like Blocknet has a lot of swings in daily volume. Anything from $20k - $1k / day. Which is more than it was last year, where only a few hundred dollars worth was traded on there daily.
Wh00re

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 02:02:31 PM

Oh the irony. DEX's has millions of dollars in daily volume, and they keep getting more and more traffic from people sick and tired of undergoing KYC/AML on traditional exchanges.

Coinbase goes down every time BTC does a major pump/dump, a DEX will never face this issue as it's decentralized and is hosted from multiple places.
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 10:24:33 PM

These wallstreet guys doesn't give a shit about decentralization, so it really doesn't matter. The public needs to wake up, and they will eventually. Which will put a TON of pressure on DEX's worldwide as they'll be used as money transmitters by people not wanting to expose their identity. There are many reasons for this, doesn't have to be illegal stuff.
LeoBTCGod

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 05:28:54 AM

Alright, so after playing around with the DEX, and the Litewallet (it's in Beta right now). I can safely say that I'm sure the Litewallet will catapult the volume upwards, as it's way way easier for any newbie to get started.

Pretty damn cool!
leea-1334

Activity: 2226
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 05:46:03 AM

Alright, so after playing around with the DEX, and the Litewallet (it's in Beta right now). I can safely say that I'm sure the Litewallet will catapult the volume upwards, as it's way way easier for any newbie to get started.

Pretty damn cool!

I hope so:) But it does remind me a LOT about the old Waves client,,, if you remember the super Litewallet was so fast and easy AND it accepted multiple crypto, which you could immediately use assets for just like ERC20,,, plus a DEX all built in. You could lease, and loan, and now the new version DeFi it all you want.

But still the volume took forever to grow:(

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LeoBTCGod

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 01:28:59 PM

Pretty damn cool!

I hope so:) But it does remind me a LOT about the old Waves client,,, if you remember the super Litewallet was so fast and easy AND it accepted multiple crypto, which you could immediately use assets for just like ERC20,,, plus a DEX all built in. You could lease, and loan, and now the new version DeFi it all you want.

The volume takes time to "mature" into something huge. I do however believe that more and more people is starting to care about their privacy, now when Coinbase is collaborating with the IRS and the government to expose traders identity.
Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/gz14hn/coinbase_is_fueling_increased_us_govt/
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 01:49:08 PM

Pretty damn cool!

Waves is still alive and kicking as far as I know.

I believe once the bull market really kicks in, that we'll see all these services and dApps used MUCH more, which will reflect on the market price of the project itself.

Blocknet will have so much utility usages that investors are gonna FOMO in to take the fees from the services. Same can be said with other projects too.
Wh00re

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 09:21:30 AM

You can easily buy BTC locally if you want to skip KYC/AML. The biggest problem is CEX's demanding KYC just after opening an account. Regulation has definitely gotten a lot worse, and will continue to be tightened.

DEX's fit the gap pretty nicely, as if you already got a position in crypto right now, you can transact freely without anyone knowing what you hold.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 10:57:59 AM

Unfortunately the BTC halving that has happened this year is not as expected by many investors, the price has indeed gone up but
did not reach all time high prices. Even so that does not mean the price of crypto can not return to the price of all time high, I still
have confidence that in 2021 the price can reach an all time high price. So the best step is to hold the crypto that you have, then
about DEX projects not happen huge demand. Because of the fact centralized exchanges are still more desirable than decentralized
exchanges. Many people need cashout in the form of fiat currency, and centralized exchanges provide these features.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Russlenat

Activity: 2772
Merit: 905

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 11:20:30 AM

Unfortunately the BTC halving that has happened this year is not as expected by many investors, the price has indeed gone up but
did not reach all time high prices.
Bitcoin is unpredictable so normally majority are wrong with their expectation, but at least we see some good price improvement.

Bitcoin did not reach its ATH in halving, but the good news is while people are expecting the market will dump due to covid-19, the opposite did happen and that is a good news for us. So, maybe we should be thankful and just wait until next year maybe we will see a new ATH.

Even so that does not mean the price of crypto can not return to the price of all time high, I still
have confidence that in 2021 the price can reach an all time high price. So the best step is to hold the crypto that you have, then
about DEX projects not happen huge demand. Because of the fact centralized exchanges are still more desirable than decentralized
exchanges. Many people need cashout in the form of fiat currency, and centralized exchanges provide these features.

Huge demand but still small compared to the centralized market total trading volume.
They have billions of daily trading volume, so probably if DEX can get at least $100 million, that would be considered an improvement but not a success yet.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀