Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My prediction  (Read 2762 times)
Dan The Man (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 03:21:46 AM

One more plunge in the next day or two to something in the low $2 range, possibly even below $2. Then a rise, probably sometime near the weekend with some jumps and starts up to about 2.9, probably not going to be breaking $3.

This is just based on looking at charts and kinda guessing. But either way, I am confident that those calling for a new sub $2 normal price are crazy. It might touch below $2 for a short moment, but it is definitely going back up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2011, 03:54:50 AM

Predictions on sub 2 price are based upon a slow creep at low or constant volume. That is what happened last time so people are expecting it.

The same thing might happen differently this time, just so you can't predict the price accurately.
Oh there was a spike last time too, but so short you'd miss it if you aren't around...

The bidwall is just whoever cashed out being friendly, leaving the door open so to speak for the next one... who will arrive shortly after it has been pulled.
Revalin

Activity: 728

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 04:21:49 AM

The last few days have been courtesy of one or two individuals.  The market is going where they're pushing it.  You can't really model market behavior until they decide they're done.

You can: try to predict what their next moves will be; or try to predict what will happen after they quit screwing around; but you can't really say what will happen "in the next day or two" based on the charts.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 09:52:41 PM

Code:
           ,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
          dP"    "8,       `Y,
         d'       )Y,       `Yaa
        d'       ,P Y,        ,P
       d'       ,P   Ya      ,P
       `"aa,   ,P    d'     ,P
            "baP     `""""""    ,aa,
  Y"""""""Y,                  aP' `Y,
  ,P       Ya,   RECYCLE   ,P"'    `Y,
 ,P         `Y    YOUR     `b       `Y,
,P        ,d"'    POSTS     `b       )P
 "b      ,d'             ,a,  `b     ,d'
  "b    ,daaaaaaaaa    ,P 8aaaabaaadP'
   "b  ,8'        8   ,P           d'
    "b,8'         8  ,P           d'
      "8          8  `b          d'
       "b,        8   `b        d'
        `""""""""""    `b 8"""""'
                         "'

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2011, 10:04:56 PM

there will not be many more massive sales like the one we saw two days ago.
there's just not enough bitcoins for that.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2011, 10:06:35 PM

Famous last words.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 11:10:22 PM

How many times do you suppose 40k goes into 7.5M? I'm sure there are more than a few people who can do that kind of damage again. The question is, are they dumb enough (or smart enough, all depends on how you look at it) to do so?

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 16, 2011, 11:49:51 PM

How many times do you suppose 40k goes into 7.5M? I'm sure there are more than a few people who can do that kind of damage again. The question is, are they dumb enough (or smart enough, all depends on how you look at it) to do so?
Keep in mind: for every seller of 40k BTC, there is one (or more) buyer(s) of 40k BTC - perfectly free to dump them right again.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 12:09:59 AM

Keep in mind: for every seller of 40k BTC, there is one (or more) buyer(s) of 40k BTC - perfectly free to dump them right again.

and if you take into account some of them will acquire btc by other means, otc and such, and then sell on mtgox just to drop the price...

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 12:36:53 AM

and if you take into account some of them will acquire btc by other means, otc and such, and then sell on mtgox just to drop the price...

That's made up on the spot.

Wild speculation presented as fact.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 12:44:19 AM

I don't think people who buy BTC now are the kind to waste them in insane dumping moves.

There's also no profit in trying to anti-arbitrage by buying elsewhere if Mtgox price is particularly low. There is no magical mechanism that makes one market reduce prices on another.

And finally, it wasn't a volume of 40k, it was over 360k BTC. Even if quite a bit was traded twice, that is extremely large and does not have much room to get even larger.

This price dumping while the market is being flooded with BTC volume is stupid. There are and will be people buying who do not join this party, and these people are the ones ending up with coins in the end. Then, the selling just stops. The lower the price goes, the easier it is for bulls to just buy everything and end the strange show.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 12:47:47 AM

I still believe the initial drop was a buyer who wanted to double down at a discount.  Dump your holdings, then buy all the panic sells.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 12:55:39 AM

And finally, it wasn't a volume of 40k, it was over 360k BTC. Even if quite a bit was traded twice, that is extremely large and does not have much room to get even larger.

I agree about the 24hr volume. That was huge!
The 40k was the initial sell-off. The majority of the rest was panic selling/opportunistic buying. The rest of the day was nothing compared to the butt-hurt of the first $0.50 drop, followed by the aftershock $0.30 drop a short time later.   

old_engineer

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 09:04:02 AM

If someone else wanted out of bitcoin, we'd see a huge dent taken out of one of the bidwalls that were at 2.50, 2.20, and now 2.10.  Maybe there was at one point - I wasn't paying that close of attention - but I don't think there was.

No, there can only be a handful of entities that are holding 100k+ bitcoins and want to sell out.  But I think the number is exactly 1, and this is a one-time dump/opportunity.

Dan The Man (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 03:17:56 PM

One more plunge in the next day or two to something in the low $2 range, possibly even below $2.

First half of prediction... check.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 04:00:26 PM

One more plunge in the next day or two to something in the low $2 range, possibly even below $2.

Yeah, makes me wish I had started my latest short position at something higher than 2.17.  Well, at least by holding on tight and keeping my lunch down, I was able to keep all my limbs during the ride.  Now, whether to take a long position from here...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Dan The Man (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 04:02:14 PM

Yeah, makes me wish I had started my latest short position at something higher than 2.17.  Well, at least by holding on tight and keeping my lunch down, I was able to keep all my limbs during the ride.  Now, whether to take a long position from here...

Most definitely go long until 2.9 Just don't leverage so bad that you can't take a few bumps on the way.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 04:16:35 PM

Yeah, makes me wish I had started my latest short position at something higher than 2.17.  Well, at least by holding on tight and keeping my lunch down, I was able to keep all my limbs during the ride.  Now, whether to take a long position from here...

Most definitely go long until 2.9 Just don't leverage so bad that you can't take a few bumps on the way.

HRm well now it appears I am only able to do 2.5x leverage on bitcoinica... anyone else still can do 5??

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 04:58:58 PM

In the future one week, we will roll out an update that allows you to choose your favorite leverage level from 1:1, 2.5:1, 5:1 and 10:1 (subject to verification). Meanwhile, if you are not satisfied with this change, you can request an increase of leverage to 5:1 by sending an email to support@bitcoinica.com or submitting a support ticket. We will fulfill your request immediately as we see it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52092.msg621746

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 05:02:33 PM

HRm well now it appears I am only able to do 2.5x leverage on bitcoinica... anyone else still can do 5??
Zhoutong lowered it for everyone.  See other thread in this subforum by him.  He seemed kinda upset that his system was partly to blame for pushing the price down so far with 1:5 leverage.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: