Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:33:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Speculators Club Is Here ...  (Read 3563 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:57:14 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 11:00:51 AM by Armis

This invitation is to all those who see bitcoin as an income as well as an asset, who want profits when it rains and when it shines, who look at charts multiple times a day, who can value a position based on a concrete set of criteria, and who are willing to share financial strategies and tactics.

Our primary objective is to create enormous personal wealth.  The membership will likely be small, perhaps 100 members within a month, but will steadily grow with proven performance and responsible actions.   If this sounds like something for you -- WELCOME ABOARD.

Please identify yourself by one of the following (you can change it at anytime):  

1) Speculator -  day traders who will share effective btc strategies and tactics, and support club activities, but not expected to make recommendations; these individuals are the core of the club.
2) Prognosticator - day traders who intend on making recommendations, sharing knowledge, and participating in club activities; these individuals are the axis on which the club turns
3) Holder  - those here to learn about day trading and to provide club support
4) Supporter -  those who want to support the club and aspire to day trading.

This thread will be used for all public communications until otherwise determined; te opening post will be amended from time to time to reflect updated club:
 - roster
 - leader board
 - protocol (the way the club chooses to do things)
and
 - benefit

Our main focus is profitable prognostication, members are encouraged to get to know one another with engaging and informative discussions as we ramp up to eventual recommendations. I invite you to discuss your favorite currencies, share situations that you feel may have value to the community, indicate what you expect from the club, and what the club should have on it's 'to do' list.

Club To Do List
Immediate - get to know one another, decide on club name, club motto, finalize protocol for formal recommendations, create protocol for the process of raising an issue for eventual recommendation, and  create voting protocol,
Short term (3 mos) - create logo, election of officers if 100+ members, committees if 200+ members,  
Long term - security, service provider certification,
Ongoing -  to be a beacon for the btc community, design incentives to make day-to-day wealth building fun

You are cordially invited to join The Speculators, for sustainable wealth, ... or ... The Bitcoin Investment Club,  a wealth building network. ...
[all terms, and phrases use often, including club name and motto are up for discussion until voted adopted]

Members
chessnut, 'Jack Of All Trades'
RyNinDaCleM, Teacher/Speculator  
dreamspark, Speculator
stylin, Speculator    
Pente, 99% HODLer, 1% Speculator             
thresher, Holder
shmadz, Holder
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:16:56 PM

I'll offer some input from time to time...

I would like to propose one more category; Teacher. I prefer to help people learn TA/EW/fibo rather than giving out all my secret sauce. (O_o) I hope you understand!

Edit:
I guess this falls under "Speculator"

thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:50:46 PM

Holder (by your classifications)
- Sometimes I buy and immediately sell, sometimes I hold (always hold a little), sometimes I fuck myself lol.  My strategies are based off nothing other than attempting to buy when the numbers are clearly low in a crisis, and selling when the bulls are buying. I occasionally buy when i'm assuming the price is at a daily low and the numbers are going crazy, but that is complete pissing in the wind.           
- I don't have time to study charts all day, but if someone is making right decisions and wants the club members to buy certain coins at certain intervals, sell at certain points, mine certain coins, I'm willing to contribute to the cause...assuming it works.   
- I like the idea of us little guys getting together since there are people with tons of resources that single handled manipulate coins, so fuck them we'll do the same. 
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:04:38 AM

I'm in, for sporadic discourse.

I'd be a holder, by your definitions, just curious mostly.

If I could offer any advice to the real speculators out there (or "in here") would be to pay close attention to the history of bitcoin, and when price action does not fit conventional technical analysis, be prepared to accept the fact that this is not like anything that has been traded before and traditional technical analysis may not always hold true. (It mostly does, but please do not stay married to your position when the market is moving the wrong way, no matter how hard the technicals are screaming at you, because bitcoin)

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

If I could offer any advice to the real speculators out there (or "in here") would be to pay close attention to the history of bitcoin, and when price action does not fit conventional technical analysis, be prepared to accept the fact that this is not like anything that has been traded before and traditional technical analysis may not always hold true. (It mostly does, but please do not stay married to your position when the market is moving the wrong way, no matter how hard the technicals are screaming at you, because bitcoin)

This holds especially true for the perma-b _ _ _s out there. Technicals should keep you from marrying your position. To be successful at daytrading any market you must have a plan and an exit strategy. "Plan the trade and trade the plan".

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:15:26 AM

Technicals should keep you from marrying your position.

Exactly. Perma bulls and perma bears are not technical analysts. They are buffoons.
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:37:01 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 10:57:28 AM by dreamspark

Im in,
By your criteria I guessed Id be a speculator.

Id consider myself abit of a holder as well as I'd rather hold BTC with the price going down than $ with the price going up. One of the most important things ive learnt about trading BTC is knowing when to cut your losses.
Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:49:54 AM

Technicals should keep you from marrying your position.

Exactly. Perma bulls and perma bears are not technical analysts. They are buffoons.

Most of the time in bitcointalk, the perma bulls are treated like technical analysts. There was no reason whatsoever to think that the BTC market will turn bullish after MtGox loss of customer funds. But most of the forum cheered for couple of buffoons that somehow were so sure of it.
The funny thing is that soon those buffoons will start acting like they always knew that this "uptrend" won't succeed. And the sheep will follow them in "always knowing about it".
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:53:24 AM

Hi Im in.

at your service. I am a jack of all trades and I consider that a good thing. when one gets caught up in fundamentals, TA, indicators, or sentiment on their own, it just doesnt work out.

I hope I can add a consistent balance to the forum.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:44:10 PM

I'll post the first chart  Tongue

Some common levels used in channels to show support/resistance during a trending move.
The more points of contact, the more reliable the channel. In a downtrend, connect two (or more) points on the top and make a parallel line at a low. In an uptrend, connect two lows and make the parallel on a high.

Yes, this only works until it doesn't, but you can see that this has merit in the traders toolbox.

stylin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:58:44 AM

I'm in as a speculator. Once we get enough people we need to share how much we all have in our trading stash, to determine whether we have enough to move markets or not. We can make more money with different strategies depending on the answer to that question

Honorcoin | 100% PoS | 2% Free Distribution
XHC: HEjJZdyJWBjaLH7w12k2nfqAKMEC9h2Lvt
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:28:53 AM

I'm in as a speculator. Once we get enough people we need to share how much we all have in our trading stash, to determine whether we have enough to move markets or not. We can make more money with different strategies depending on the answer to that question

I'm not sure that collusion was the objective of this club  Undecided
I won't be disclosing my trading balances here

Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:21:22 PM

I tried an experiment, learn a lot by way of it, would like to see if others share the view.  I've found that there are some times of the day that appear to be ideal for trading specific coins. so the questions are:

- have you found that to be the case for you,
- if so, what is the best time of day to day trade in general, and
- what might be some of the cryptocurrencies, exchanges, or venues that you are able to benefit more from at specific times of the day?

Here are some of my findings:
for coins that are widely held and like LTC and BTC, time of day seems to have little impact,  but for some highly volatile coins I've notice that between 2 - 4am est when many are sleeping, and many computers are on auto maintenance (cleaning, formatting, defrage, backing-up, etc ...), exchange activity is basically very few humans against very few bots.  

The second best time was between 5am and 5:45am, perhaps this is the period just before viewing the computer, or during S/SSS.

But the sweet spot appears to be that time when the kids are giving you a hard time waking up, breakfast is being consumed, and the mad dash is taking place -- 7am to 7:30am

What's your experience?
stylin

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:03:38 AM

I tried an experiment, learn a lot by way of it, would like to see if others share the view.  I've found that there are some times of the day that appear to be ideal for trading specific coins. so the questions are:

- what might be some of the cryptocurrencies, exchanges, or venues that you are able to benefit more from at specific times of the day?

for coins that are widely held and like LTC and BTC, time of day seems to have little impact,  but for some highly volatile coins I've notice that between 2 - 4am est when many are sleeping, and many computers are on auto maintenance (cleaning, formatting, defrage, backing-up, etc ...), exchange activity is basically very few humans against very few bots.  

The second best time was between 5am and 5:45am, perhaps this is the period just before viewing the computer, or during S/SSS.

But the sweet spot appears to be that time when the kids are giving you a hard time waking up, breakfast is being consumed, and the mad dash is taking place -- 7am to 7:30am

What's your experience?

Agreed. I'm not sure if this would make it the "best" time to trade, but there certainly seems to be more action around the time when the US wakes up (7-9am EST) and during dinner time for me (7-8pm EST)

Honorcoin | 100% PoS | 2% Free Distribution
XHC: HEjJZdyJWBjaLH7w12k2nfqAKMEC9h2Lvt
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:51:35 AM

What's your experience?

Agreed. I'm not sure if this would make it the "best" time to trade, but there certainly seems to be more action around the time when the US wakes up (7-9am EST) and during dinner time for me (7-8pm EST)

oh, perhaps I should have qualified my statement, that seem to be the best time to get the lowest buy prices (bargains)
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:27:52 AM

I won't be disclosing my balance, besides the amount of coins you will find between people who are participating in this discussion and sharing of information won't have enough to move markets. There's several people with 1000's of coins who collude with each other on private IRC channels etc so you would stand no chance at moving the market against people like that.

In regards to the topic at hand, I can see us continuing this slow grind downwards.

The bidsum has dropped form $20 million to just over $11 million in the space of a few weeks. This tells me either the buying pressure isnt there or more people are not leaving money on exchanges. The latter should add to the volatility as the volume rises due to there being less liquidity on the exchanges.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:44:13 AM

Someone asked me the following question, since I didn't have a clue I present it to you:

Trader had multiple sell orders open:

1)   100 xyx @ 3.459 BTC
2)   100 xyx @ 3.509 BTC
3)   100 xyx @ 3.519 BTC
4)   100 xyx @ 3.590 BTC
5)   100 xyx @ 3.605 BTC
6)   100 xyx @ 3.609 BTC
7)   100 xyx @ 3.659 BTC

Suddenly, 7 trades are done simultaneously for tiny bits (ie: .004528) of each sell order right up the line.   All while the ask and sell price appeared frozen.  
This occurred multiple times, once when the ask and sell quantity were high, and other times when the quantities were either low, or high and low.  

Questions;

1) What is that called?
2) Who could initiate that: trader manual, trader bot, exchange, or some or all of the above?
3) What is the reason(s) for it?

thanks in advance

chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:55:03 AM

I gave up my long this afternoon and shorted at 575.  the rally has had it's chance, and it never came.

this evening the magic number for me is 3400 on huobi. this level broken means any price within reason is exposed, and I would say we will have a good chance of a spike into the 400s.

This level is the shelf formed yesterday after the PBOC announcement. if it can move effortlessly through that point, the market will free-fall.

If bitstamp can break 556 It would have similar meaning but china is calling the shots.

target open but finger on the trigger. I will take profit asap after any large move. the down fall is exponential, so it will end quickly and sharply.  with any high volume I would consider a scalp long.

Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:12:34 AM

I gave up my long this afternoon and shorted at 575.  the rally has had it's chance, and it never came.

this evening the magic number for me is 3400 on huobi. this level broken means any price within reason is exposed, and I would say we will have a good chance of a spike into the 400s.

This level is the shelf formed yesterday after the PBOC announcement. if it can move effortlessly through that point, the market will free-fall.

If bitstamp can break 556 It would have similar meaning but china is calling the shots.

target open but finger on the trigger. I will take profit asap after any large move. the down fall is exponential, so it will end quickly and sharply.  with any high volume I would consider a scalp long.

Thanks for the heads up.

Question: I noticed something about no transactions fees (world's first), is that just for banking or for exchange trading too?
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 09:29:54 AM

lol sorry Armis, I thought that was a funny question. I didnt realise you were talking about Huobi transaction fees. of coarse you know about BTC transactions  Grin

yeah I heard Huobi was going free too, but they will use the spread to make money.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: