Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoax is a hoax  (Read 2034 times)
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:28:07 AM

All you are showing that if hoaxes are hoaxes, we can't believe anything until it is taken to a jury with real tests, and real witnesses, and evidence, before we can believe. Get them on the stand, under oath with penalty of death, and let them prove what they are saying.

Cool

Facts and evidence aren't enough to convince people though. We have mountains of factual evidence, and still that isn't sufficient proof.
Just yesterday, 11,000 scientists published a paper warning of a climate emergency (and including lots of evidence, 29 charts to start with, plus references to supplementary evidence). They also list the actions we need to take. That is, actions to change human behaviour, to rein in human-caused climate change:

• Use energy far more efficiently and apply strong carbon taxes to cut fossil fuel use
  • Stabilise global population – currently growing by 200,000 people a day – using ethical approaches such as longer education for girls
  • End the destruction of nature and restore forests and mangroves to absorb CO2
  • Eat mostly plants and less meat, and reduce food waste
  • Shift economic goals away from GDP growth
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:13:33 AM

Use energy far more efficiently and apply strong carbon taxes to cut fossil fuel use
You forgot that global warming is a hoax as well. Recursion. Smiley
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:28:01 AM

Globe earth is a hoax, "global warming" is a hoax, the dangers of atomic energy is a hoax and, "peak oil" is a hoax.

Jesuit mind control is a fucking bitch, remember the 5th of November!

-- https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/
styca

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:11:55 PM

Globe earth is a hoax, "global warming" is a hoax, the dangers of atomic energy is a hoax and, "peak oil" is a hoax.

Evidence is a hoax, though? Fact is a hoax?
You can't just dismiss facts without considering them and explaining why you disagree.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 01:32:37 PM

^^^ You mean like the fact NASA can't produce a photograph of the globe or, that I can go swimming and drink the water in the cooling pool of a uranium nuclear plant with no ill effects?

Feel free to disregard everything I say, you tow the "official narrative" on every issue thus it's pearls before swine offering you any facts. If you're interested in any of my claims then do your own research.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 02:24:51 PM

I can go swimming and drink the water in the cooling pool of a uranium nuclear plant with no ill effects
Yeah, good luck with that:

In our reactor? You'd die pretty quickly, before reaching the water, from gunshot wounds.

Turns out the nuclear people are even more serious about keeping the truth under wraps than the missile commanders defending the Antarctic ice wall.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 03:56:46 PM

^^^ You mean like the fact NASA can't produce a photograph of the globe or, that I can go swimming and drink the water in the cooling pool of a uranium nuclear plant with no ill effects?

Feel free to disregard everything I say, you tow the "official narrative" on every issue thus it's pearls before swine offering you any facts. If you're interested in any of my claims then do your own research.
There are countless thousands of globe photos. But fanatics are simply dismissing them without any argumentation.
All what they can say is "CGI" or "Photoshop". Then why even bother to ask, you will tell the same.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 04:51:28 PM

^^^

Name: Robert Simmon
Title: Lead Data Visualizer and Information Designer
Formal Job Classification: Senior Program Analyst
Organization He Works For: Code 613, Climate and Radiation Branch, Earth Sciences Division, Sciences and Exploration Directorate
Source: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/about/people/RSimmon.html

Robert Simmon Big Blue Marble "It Has to Be Interview" -- https://youtu.be/CbRQlgt0mfE
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:06:10 PM

All you are showing that if hoaxes are hoaxes, we can't believe anything until it is taken to a jury with real tests, and real witnesses, and evidence, before we can believe. Get them on the stand, under oath with penalty of death, and let them prove what they are saying.

Cool

Facts and evidence aren't enough to convince people though. We have mountains of factual evidence, and still that isn't sufficient proof.
Just yesterday, 11,000 scientists published a paper warning of a climate emergency (and including lots of evidence, 29 charts to start with, plus references to supplementary evidence). They also list the actions we need to take. That is, actions to change human behaviour, to rein in human-caused climate change:

• Use energy far more efficiently and apply strong carbon taxes to cut fossil fuel use
  • Stabilise global population – currently growing by 200,000 people a day – using ethical approaches such as longer education for girls
  • End the destruction of nature and restore forests and mangroves to absorb CO2
  • Eat mostly plants and less meat, and reduce food waste
  • Shift economic goals away from GDP growth

The article you linked talks briefly about how some climate change people are taking things to court to make climate change a legal thing. Let's get the scientists on the stand, themselves, under oath, so that they can show exactly the research that they did, and swear that it is as they say.

Then, let the opposition do the same.

But before this is done, we need to get the media on the stand to prove that there were 11,000 scientists the way they say.

Are they all willing to put their money where their mouths are? If they aren't, this is simply some kind of a game they are playing. but it might turn into damage for the public if they are lying, or don't know what they are talking about.

Btw, we need more CO2 in the atmosphere so we get more GW, so that we get more moisture and heat up there, so that we can open more lands up for cultivation and habitation.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
styca

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:08:42 PM

I can understand people saying 'conspiracy!' when it's just a few voices claiming something as fact. But when it is literally thousands of the world's greatest experts, armed with vast amounts of cold hard facts, surely it becomes harder to dismiss?
Soon the conspiracy will be so big that almost the entire world will be in on it!
styca

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 08:11:26 PM

Btw, we need more CO2 in the atmosphere so we get more GW, so that we get more moisture and heat up there, so that we can open more lands up for cultivation and habitation.

Whilst we're on the subject of conspiracies I'd like to offer my own: the Russians benefit from global warming!
At least as far as I see it from my admittedly amateur position. GW opens up the vast Siberian wastelands for habitation and development. Whilst everyone else bakes and suffers with fire and drought, the great wastes of Russia gradually thaw out. Russian influence on the world has been far smaller than you'd expect over the years, given its size - largely because it lacks a warm water port - global warming will provide the answer to this as well.

What do people think? Does this sound reasonable?

Balthazar (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 09:23:31 PM

Whilst we're on the subject of conspiracies I'd like to offer my own: the Russians benefit from global warming!
Actually, they don't. Because it will open the way for infections we don't have since 1930s, like malaria or other tropical diseases. Roll Eyes
So it must be americans, they're trying to attack Russia with climatic weapon, just as usual.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 09:39:59 PM

I've seen a lot of "Evolution/Vaccination/ISIS/Global warming/XXX is a hoax" threads, so I came to conclution that we need a more generic one.

Dear antivaxxers, feel free to comment this chart:

Correlation does not imply causation.

It is a logical fallacy to assume causation based solely on correlation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 04:01:09 AM

Another benefit comes from the Northwest Passage, a formerly unnavigable shipping route between Western Europe and Eastern Russia by way of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. Crossing the Arctic Archipelago used to require a sleigh, but now that it's starting to become accessible by boat, the economic advantages to Russia are obvious.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
styca

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 05:52:03 AM

Another benefit comes from the Northwest Passage, a formerly unnavigable shipping route between Western Europe and Eastern Russia by way of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. Crossing the Arctic Archipelago used to require a sleigh, but now that it's starting to become accessible by boat, the economic advantages to Russia are obvious.

Indeed. For those of us who do believe in and are deeply troubled by (human-caused) global warming, Russia is a huge cause for concern.
As the climate worsens, you can envisage a lot of countries coming on board and starting to take steps to counteract the problem. Even the US, once that orange fuckwit has been impeached, and once they've had enough of flooding Louisiana and burning California, and when Miami is the world's first undersea city.

Russia though? I know they're not the cartoon villains they're portrayed as, but still, they gain significant strategic advantages by watching the rest of the world burn.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 02:52:49 PM

Ok, guys, let's turn this way around. according to the study of science, mythical creatures are not real. in short, they are a hoax, what if they are not hoaxed? as they claimed. I'm talking about (Giants, Elves, Dragons, and Fairies) you guys always talking everything is a hoax, I can accept the other things but it seems too hard for me to understand why the other facts is also a hoax. every study of science comes at theory at first, if they can prove it after sometimes they can assure it as a fact and if they failed, they will make another theory out of it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 01:17:05 PM

Ok, guys, let's turn this way around. according to the study of science, mythical creatures are not real. in short, they are a hoax, what if they are not hoaxed? as they claimed. I'm talking about (Giants, Elves, Dragons, and Fairies) you guys always talking everything is a hoax, I can accept the other things but it seems too hard for me to understand why the other facts is also a hoax. every study of science comes at theory at first, if they can prove it after sometimes they can assure it as a fact and if they failed, they will make another theory out of it.

What they believe is they believe and also they show it to others so some people who have a lack of knowledge from everything do believe easily. There's a lot of cons and prons of the happenings outside here or from hoax topic.

In my observation some people do make story for us to believe that other thing can be true even if its not based on how they present it even without evidence we believe.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 02:03:15 PM

Regarding hoaxes and things that are called hoaxes, prove it.

Either way, prove it.

If you don't even look at the facts or evidence of both sides, how can you ever even begin to know if something is a hoax or not?

One of the best ways is to take it to a common law court of law, with people getting on the stand, and swearing to tell the truth. If we added execution for liars on the stand, people would be very careful to tell the truth.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
styca

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 03:53:35 PM

Regarding hoaxes and things that are called hoaxes, prove it.

Either way, prove it.

If you don't even look at the facts or evidence of both sides, how can you ever even begin to know if something is a hoax or not?

It's a good point, and it's important to see both sides and challenge your own viewpoints.
It can be difficult though - what one side considers overwhelming proof, say on man-made climate-change, the other side sees fake papers, global network of climate scientists lying to us etc. Personally I see people linked to oil companies and establishment interests lying to us by denying climate change so they can protect their vested interests.

It's difficult. We each see conspiracies on the other side. All we can do, either side, is accrue and present what we think is evidence.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 06:55:20 PM

Flat Earthers, Atheists, Feminists, Anti-social, etc.

A lot of things can be said as facts, and those so-called facts can also be said as a hoax--false, hearsay, just like that (easy, right?). But then again, those who claimed that these facts are a mere hoax and false claimed facts they themselves do not provide "evidence" that these are indeed false claims, hence makes them a hoax themselves. I can't stress this enough, conspiracy (theory crafting) about facts being a hoax, in the end, are hoax themselves.

Heck, after reading all these makes me think that words in the dictionary are a hoax as well, that these didn't really mean what is written, and people who translate from language to another aren't accurate or correct at all. And when I think about it, "religion" always comes to my mind, that the "bible" we know now is just a propaganda of a hidden organization that is playing the strings of how the world works right this very moment.

I mean look at it now, "religion" has a huge influence.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████