Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:37:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving for a House!  (Read 2310 times)
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 05:05:37 AM

We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
in my opinion, investing in bitcoin today will be profitable than investing in some altcoin because of the incoming halving next year
but always remember investing in crypto is risky
to make sure that you will not lose your money just hold it in your own pocket

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 05:08:03 AM

We are saving for a house down payment of 40K.  I don't want to leave it in the bank as there is a old judgement they can take any time so i want to store it in crypto as we grow it over the next 6 months.  Is a stable coin the best option?  Thoughts?
in my opinion, investing in bitcoin today will be profitable than investing in some altcoin because of the incoming halving next year
but always remember investing in crypto is risky
to make sure that you will not lose your money just hold it in your own pocket
To be honest, altcoin has a bigger room for profitability compare to bitcoin because altcoin do have a lot of options in the market while in terms of bitcoin, you will be sticking to bitcoin only. There are hundreds of altcoin that have potential and can give you hundreds of return in just a few weeks or months and they are just waiting for you to be discovered.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
shodik007

Activity: 896
Merit: 305

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 05:25:23 AM

stable coins don't give us a big advantage compared to other coins or altcoins, but they can still provide benefits. the risk of stable coins is also not too big, I suggest doing it 50:50 on bitcoin and stable coins (usdt) from the change of both will still generate profits.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
btcdie

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 05:44:19 AM

That kind of money is not playing, everyone will be tempted by these numbers and want to get it. this is my suggestion, if it happens to me. 70% of my assets are stored on reliable, stable coins. the reason is to keep from losing assets, and keep in mind, buy them at a low price, like Tether came down to $0.90. and 30% as capital for investment or even trading crypto coins or local shares, although this is a bit of a risk but it can be as capital to process your finances.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 10:07:17 AM

No, never risk the money that is intended for your house as there is no guarantee you'll succeed in investing.

Stable coin is good but the risk of your money getting hack in an exchange is high compared to your money put in the bank, why? because bank do have an insurance policy to cover your deposits, most exchange does not have any.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 12:05:13 PM

No, never risk the money that is intended for your house as there is no guarantee you'll succeed in investing.

Stable coin is good but the risk of your money getting hack in an exchange is high compared to your money put in the bank, why? because bank do have an insurance policy to cover your deposits, most exchange does not have any.

To take a high risk makes a very miserable in the end so better to assure everything first by having an alternative solutions. Each of us have our own way to take a risk in which it may a good for all and for many but to think about our way of living might be affected just like the house. I hope you may think it all over again before the final decision you've made.
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 12:18:55 PM

I appreciate your thinking but it's too risky to invest your saving money for your own purpose, I know that the banking system is boring but you have to find a good place where your money kept safe and generate more money. if you really want to invest in this blockchain system then there is only one coin that's Bitcoin, I think if you hold Bitcoin for a couple of months then certainly it will bring to you a good amount of profit, but you have to take a high risk, here you have another option is Ethereum, which is also almost as same as Bitcoin, Ethereum price is also comparable to the Bitcoin's price because the trend is same so either Bitcoin or Ethereum could be the choice for you.

wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 12:38:22 PM

Yeah, stable coin are the best choice, like USDT (Tether) or USDC. And make sure you always follow the news about coin you choose, just in case.
akmal1984

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 12:46:15 PM

You can actually just save at home without the need to save in a bank. However, if you really want to use crypto services, it's better that you exchange your fiat money for stable coins. Because the money you have is clear what you want to use it for. So it's rather risky if you exchange it for other crypto coins.
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 12:57:32 PM

In your case absolutely not. If you save up paper money you will need to deal with the inflation, but if you saving up money for example in a bank where it carries interest it just keeps the money's worth. but If you are still curious about cryptocurrencies I highly recommend you to invest somewhere from 10–20 percent of your savings. I think throwing all your eggs in one basket can indeed yield high returns if that market sees a boom. However, when a bust comes, and they always do, you could lose everything, EVEN a stable con is theoretical stable and there is no guarantee it remains stable.

Imagine that you had asked the question in December 2017 at peak Bitcoin and you put all in Bitcoin already. Your $40,000 would now be worth something around $20,000 after being as low as $9,000. If you can’t stomach losing 50 percent of your investment, you shouldn’t be investing it all in cryptocurrency. so never throw all your eggs in one basket. $10,000 in stocks, $10,000 in crypto, $10,000 in bank and etc. That way, if one market crashes, you didn't just lose your all savings.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 01:24:19 PM

if lives in indonesia might be with interest as our projects of the label set with thename of DOGEM to attracts investors interest as migth to helps us on funding as completing tasks as preparing projects to deliver as expecting the lauching of service by the following year of 2020

angrybirdy

Activity: 994
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 01:43:47 PM

You can actually just save at home without the need to save in a bank. However, if you really want to use crypto services, it's better that you exchange your fiat money for stable coins. Because the money you have is clear what you want to use it for. So it's rather risky if you exchange it for other crypto coins.
Yes, if OP decided to exchange it to crypto such as bitcoin then it would be risky especially for an inexperienced investor. It is best to keep his funds or go for a stable coin, it either of them. Investment should be done only with the investment you can risk to lose, and not the reserved fund where will be using in an important investment such as paying a house.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 02:02:16 PM

For the long term investing, buying the top altcoins and BTC can bring a good profit after a few years. Compound interest can be used for increasing the stack of holding cryptocurrencies, you need to make good research for choosing the potentially better projects. You can join the IEOs after taking your profits from the profitable altcoin trades or buy the promising altcoins for strong crypto portfolio, as you can see there are alternative choices depending on your experience, risk management.
OptimusPrime_3

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 02:15:09 PM

stable coin? Nah, that means you will be getting back your 40k after the 6 months without any interest. You can possibly invest it on currencies like btc,eth etc but can't predict the market turnout in the next six months

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 04:45:57 PM

Stable coins cannot make maximum profits, it is because the value of their token prices only follows the backed up currencies. But, if you want to invest in crypto by taking a big profits you can look at the Top 20 crypto currencies based on CMC or Coingecko. Do your research and analyze their development for your portfolio growth for the next 6 months. Goodluck!

Maybe it cannot maximize OP's profits but he preferred stable coins for himself because it might be the easiest way for him to secure his capital while earning profits even though it is not as big as when you invested it on coins that have higher volatility. Stable coins is a half savings and a half investment, so it is not that bad as a start for OP, assuming that he is a beginner or in the middle.
Apinya_Anong1111

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 04:56:21 PM

There are a lot of money worth thinking about investing instead of leaving your house in the bank. Choose the currencies that are highly appreciated by experts. Please do well.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 05:18:30 PM

The keyword here is "saving" for a house, so i will suggest putting your money in usdt/usdc/pax, then store in your private offline wallet (ledger or trezor). Please do not store in any exchange buy if you must, coinbase is good. Moreso, if you choose to invest the money, then my safest bet is on bitcoin

Kevondo

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:18:26 PM

Stable coins cannot make maximum profits, it is because the value of their token prices only follows the backed up currencies. But, if you want to invest in crypto by taking a big profits you can look at the Top 20 crypto currencies based on CMC or Coingecko. Do your research and analyze their development for your portfolio growth for the next 6 months. Goodluck!

Maybe it cannot maximize OP's profits but he preferred stable coins for himself because it might be the easiest way for him to secure his capital while earning profits even though it is not as big as when you invested it on coins that have higher volatility. Stable coins is a half savings and a half investment, so it is not that bad as a start for OP, assuming that he is a beginner or in the middle.
Stable coins are definitely not going to work. He needs to ponder p on his strategy. How is it possible to make profits from some asset that does not change its value? Stable coins are more of a saving as compare to an investment. For making big, a big time volatile crypto currency is required. The best is to invest in bitcoin as it produces the most profits. Ethereum is a bit slow one but can be trusted with reliability.
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 06:09:23 PM

I think it is a good choice, but I would rather not invest all your people in stable coins, it's good to invest some of it in top coins to get profit if you hold it within 6-12 months. And I think that will be more profitable than just investing in stable coins.
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 06:52:18 PM

That's risky. If you fail it will end badly. This isn't really money you can afford to lose. Why don't you invest the money into a company or idea you have or some sort of business?
I would recommend you do that over risking it for crypto. Only risk crypto investments if you already have crypto from the start or if you have some extra money you can use to invest that won't shake your whole world if you end up losing it in the end. Something like a house is too much of a risk to be playing games with.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: