Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:45:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Need to Reconsider Holding altcoins  (Read 1182 times)
volporg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:34:21 PM

For example, I am pretty impressed with their community listing program. Have you heard something about it already? The main point here is letting community to choose the most in demand tokens from Binance DEX that will be listed on Binance. Of course, there are requirements that must be met, like trading volume etc

Oh, I haven't heard of such a program, is it a new one? Are there any favorites already?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Govorrrue

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 07:37:44 PM

Oh, I haven't heard of such a program, is it a new one? Are there any favorites already?

Yep, there are. One of the most popular and in demand solution is Verasity. And their VRA token is in very high demand on Binance DEX, so they are now having huge chances to be listed. What I also find very attractive here - the platform itself. It is currently used by more than 700k people and roadmap looks very impressing
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 11:43:50 PM

Reconsidering altcoins is by choice and the particular Altcoin as no one can stand to trust all altcoins. Just few out there are to be trusted but getting real ones has to do with adequate research in order to know what is on ground and reasons to reconsider it after dip . As for me the altcoin I can reconsider is something like ETH or the ones I have done proper research and notice their failure resulted through general dip and they have working product.

ntb85

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

ETHEREUM BULLISH

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 10:07:21 PM

Seems you are more concerned about the price of the cryptocoins (and their ROI) than what they have to offer.
You should probably take a look at the coins daily volume and total supply... not that encouraging in my opinion.
I wonder why Blockv price increased by about thousands of percent in a short time. Was it pumped or something?

I wonder the same.... DOes the token it really have a value?
Project is interesting and could be everything Milleniums need in the future. They should work on a platform like Instagram...
 Grin
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 10:54:23 PM
Merited by ntb85 (1)

The altcoin markets has been favorable to few but not all. it is presumed that the early and private investors rake out big cash on New and old altcoin projects leaving many projects at the mercy of the cryptomarkets for survived.  Although Most altcoins that has gone down below ROI to the verge of disappearing from the market are increasing daily.
One of the ideology we all know about the cryptocurrency is the knowledge of Holding back some altcoins we believed that will do well in the long run. it is an interesting thing to NOTE that these TWO Altcoins made me have a strong feeling that cryptocurrency can be a fortune if you are lucky to invest on it

BLOCKV
 https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/blockv/

and
THORECOIN
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/thorecoin/

A closer look on these two altcoins will make you have a rethink about holding some altcoins, what to hold and Not to sell off everything if you have to sell. Both token raised from zero usd to a high price. even contesting with the top 100 coins on CMC. i am sure there are other altcoins that made this moves in the market but it's quite unfortunate that few people are holding such while some has sold off.

So, before you make that decision of selling off everything that you have in wallet because the market is down and out. please reconsider before you regret your moves. you might be holding a token that worth millions in the next 2 years.

With the almost dull state of market right now, it will be the best time to find projects like these to invest to. Buying coins and tokens at this low prices, can greatly increase your profit. Of course, you first have to understand and accept the risk of the project not surviving in the end or get negative profit from it. It is no guarantees but for many, it is worth the risk

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
ntb85

Activity: 97

ETHEREUM BULLISH

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 10:55:05 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2019, 11:18:32 PM by ntb85

From what I know, the two coins mentioned by the OP are not traded in large exchangers. If it is still traded on a small exchanger, then the opportunity for investors to know about coins is quite small. In my opinion, if a token or coin wants to be recognized quickly, listing in large exchangers is an efficient way because it will raise investor confidence

BlockV Vee is on bittrex  Huh
the real value of this token cannot be that low Smiley the correction happened to all great coins.

under 0.00000150 BTC its far from it's average

It might probably even be the next XLM or STRAT if they make great collabs and partnerships. its personally the only coin i hold with faith  Roll Eyes

what if what if...
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 23, 2019, 11:27:45 PM

The altcoin markets has been favorable to few but not all. it is presumed that the early and private investors rake out big cash on New and old altcoin projects leaving many projects at the mercy of the cryptomarkets for survived.  Although Most altcoins that has gone down below ROI to the verge of disappearing from the market are increasing daily.
One of the ideology we all know about the cryptocurrency is the knowledge of Holding back some altcoins we believed that will do well in the long run. it is an interesting thing to NOTE that these TWO Altcoins made me have a strong feeling that cryptocurrency can be a fortune if you are lucky to invest on it

BLOCKV

and
THORECOIN

A closer look on these two altcoins will make you have a rethink about holding some altcoins, what to hold and Not to sell off everything if you have to sell. Both token raised from zero usd to a high price. even contesting with the top 100 coins on CMC. i am sure there are other altcoins that made this moves in the market but it's quite unfortunate that few people are holding such while some has sold off.

So, before you make that decision of selling off everything that you have in wallet because the market is down and out. please reconsider before you regret your moves. you might be holding a token that worth millions in the next 2 years.

It is difficult to decide which altcoin to hold, as much as we want to invest in multiple coins and tokens, we are not all financially equipped to do so. It is also not the best time to sell off and indeed, it will good to see what 2020 will have to offer in the market. Hodling is a difficult and patience-killing task but don't give up easily by FUD that circles around you.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 05:45:26 PM

Portfolio rebalancing is one of the most important parts, you cannot hold the same altcoins forever. But investing big amounts right now, by selling alts that dropped by x10, is not the best idea at the moment and I would definitely wait.
Wait for what? If an altcoin has lost more than 90% of its value and it is not one of the top coins in the market I can assure you that such a coin is not going to ever recover, it is better to sell it now and obtain whatever you can out of it, I know that no one wants to do that because it is really difficult to admit that you have made a mistake and that such a mistake has cost you some much money but if you want to improve as a trader that is something that you will have to do.

Holding altcoins for the long term has never been a good idea, you should always be ready to get rid of them in the case something goes wrong but newbies keep ignoring this advice and they suffer the consequences of it.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 06:13:16 AM

I don’t believe this kind of coins there is several example I can give by holding this kind of coins what happened . This kid of coins hype coin based on hype it will work some day soon it will be disappear . Now a days most of the coins are disappearing from exchange how can we believe this coin won’t follow the same path . Beware about project having sudden growth . Check last 24 hours volume it will give clear picture about the project.
cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 01:35:27 PM

There is always a need to rebalance your portfolio, otherwise, you will lose money. It cannot be that you are always making the right choices, so it happens to everyone. Be up to date and invest smartly in great alts.

wxa7115

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 03:40:28 PM

I don’t believe this kind of coins there is several example I can give by holding this kind of coins what happened . This kid of coins hype coin based on hype it will work some day soon it will be disappear . Now a days most of the coins are disappearing from exchange how can we believe this coin won’t follow the same path . Beware about project having sudden growth . Check last 24 hours volume it will give clear picture about the project.
Instead of just checking the volume of a coin during the last 24 hours do that but check the volume of the last six months, if the volume is abnormally high for such a coin then you will realize that something is happening, it could be something positive, maybe the coin is actually growing and it could be a good investment but this could also be a sign of several pump and dump groups taking over that coin and manipulating it for their ends.

Whenever you invest in an altcoin that is not really well known by the community you need to always be very careful since it is not rare for those coins to crash incredibly fast after they have grow in value for some time and you don't want to be the person holding those coins at the end.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:06:32 PM

Portfolio rebalancing is one of the most important parts, you cannot hold the same altcoins forever. But investing big amounts right now, by selling alts that dropped by x10, is not the best idea at the moment and I would definitely wait.
Wait for what? If an altcoin has lost more than 90% of its value and it is not one of the top coins in the market I can assure you that such a coin is not going to ever recover, it is better to sell it now and obtain whatever you can out of it, I know that no one wants to do that because it is really difficult to admit that you have made a mistake and that such a mistake has cost you some much money but if you want to improve as a trader that is something that you will have to do.

Holding altcoins for the long term has never been a good idea, you should always be ready to get rid of them in the case something goes wrong but newbies keep ignoring this advice and they suffer the consequences of it.
I agree with some points, the need to hold altcoins lost its meaning in the bear market. If the trader decided to get rid of the specific altcoin due to the poor result, it happens because of the bear market. In case of having a another alternative based on good prediction, selling the last trade in loss is acceptable. Otherwise, jumping from one to another altcoin is timewasting in a downtrend, the consequences will be the same.
satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:27:36 PM

You are probably a beginner, because you do not understand that this growth is not natural, it is artificial and you will not be able to predict such growth in the future on other coins. Earlier in the distant 16-17 years, such lumbago was a regular event and then it was still possible to track them, but now it is something not possible.

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:32:08 PM

In my opinion, it is bad idea to sell altcoins which you are being holding for a long time already. They likely cost 10 or more times less since the time you bought it, so if the project is good enough, it will grow during the next altcoin season.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 05:41:51 PM

I am really scared of hodling altcoins. That is my most of my asset is in BTC and ETH. If I cannot be certain about which altcoin is going to rise in price then I will rather not invest in it. Although, I am taking a look at some exchange coins and considering investing there instead

surgical_duude

Activity: 349

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 06:56:47 PM

BLOCKV

and
THORECOIN

Altcoin now is a vast category to generalize as one. Many of the altcoins have performed better than bitcoin.
Investors should study the coins they are intending to invest on and diversify between different nature of coins and priorities the high cap coins if you are looking for safer investment.
It's really hard to judge an altcoin at the moment.  But maybe altcoin is in its recovery phase, we only know hope when this trend comes back again or it becomes shitcoin.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 06:58:10 PM

It's scary holding Altcoin these days but some are worth holding as they have future and a great team. To hold should requires follow up and monitoring to know how deep team are going or they have nothing to showcase in the long run. Some altcoins are worth reconsidering.

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 08:26:06 PM

It's scary holding Altcoin these days but some are worth holding as they have future and a great team. To hold should requires follow up and monitoring to know how deep team are going or they have nothing to showcase in the long run. Some altcoins are worth reconsidering.

The follow up is important and lately as we are having IEO, many swap is happening for coins that have not been doing well. So swapswapping can change the fortune of a coin. Selling off every token on loss isn't always the best.
Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 340

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 08:52:46 PM

Some coins having such massive growth with poor trading volume is obviously pump and dump, reason why I don't get moved when coins make such moves. I believe in gradual growth with very good trading volume and not otherwise. Well I like the point of OP, sometimes you hold coins you believe in for long term, but this doesn't mean one shouldn't sell when need be.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
wxa7115

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 06:22:50 PM

I agree with some points, the need to hold altcoins lost its meaning in the bear market. If the trader decided to get rid of the specific altcoin due to the poor result, it happens because of the bear market. In case of having a another alternative based on good prediction, selling the last trade in loss is acceptable. Otherwise, jumping from one to another altcoin is timewasting in a downtrend, the consequences will be the same.
I forgot about that and you are right, selling your altcoins means that you will have to buy something else with your money if you decide to keep yourself in this market and it will be a huge mistake that after you invested in an altcoin that made you lose so much money that you once again decide to invest in an altcoin just so you could lose even more money, at this point in the market there are only two good investment options, the first one is to invest your money in bitcoin and the second is to get out of this market until you understand it better.

None of those two options seems that attractive right now and I get it but compared to investing in altcoins they are great options.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄