Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Merits again] Discuss the velocity of Bitcoin  (Read 929 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 09:44:05 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (5), JayJuanGee (1)

The term "velocity" comes from the Equation of Exchange, MV = PQ, where M is the money supply, V is the velocity, and PQ is the total value of goods exchanged for the money. The velocity can be thought of the number of times a particular unit of the money is spent in the time period.

The velocity is important because it determines the value of the money supply. You can rewrite the equation as M = PQ / V. Since the number of bitcoins can be considered constant at 21 million (though we are actually not quite there yet), this shows that the value of a bitcoin depends on adoption (as measured by PQ) and the velocity. Assuming constant adoption, increasing the velocity results in a lower value and decreasing the velocity results in a higher value.

The velocity is affected by several factors, including hoarding, fractional reserve banking, and technology.

Hoarding: If a portion of the money supply is hoarded and thus spent very slowly, then that behavior, of course, reduces the velocity.

Fractional Reserve Banking: With fractional reserve banking, each actual bitcoin backs a larger number of apparent bitcoins. The ratio is called the money multiplier, and the velocity is increased by this ratio. You could instead apply the ratio to the number of bitcoins, but I think it is easier to apply it to the velocity and stick with a constant 21 million bitcoins.

Technology: One of the factors that affects the velocity is simply how quickly a person can spend money that they have received. For example, the artificial delay in money transfers in the U.S. ("3 to 5 business days") lowers the velocity. Technology can speed this up. Bitcoins can be spent again by a receiver even before the transaction has been confirmed. The Lightning Network allows bitcoins locked up in channels to be spent and respent over and over. Better technology increases the velocity.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 06:44:53 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I believe that in the case of Bitcoin, the velocity should be calculated using the quantity of coins that are apparently available and released for use. I believe this because Bitcoin means a variety of things to different people and organisation, and its capabilities are fairly complex.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 07:12:44 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

I believe that in the case of Bitcoin, the velocity should be calculated using the quantity of coins that are apparently available and released for use. I believe this because Bitcoin means a variety of things to different people and organisation, and its capabilities are fairly complex.

There seems to be a decent number of ways to consider the matter, Jet Cash.  Of course, if we are talking about effect of the actual physical coins, then we are talking about more of a hard effect rather than the soft effects of expectations, so I personally believe that it could be presented either way, and sometimes physical alone can be considered and sometimes expectations of future issuance and whether bitcoin is actually on schedule regarding issuance (which seems pretty concretely set  when it comes to bitcoin).

Of course, bitcoin is amongst the first of asset classes that is being attempted to be used as money and to have a solid scarcity.  Sometimes, I was taking issue with some of the stock to flow discussions because from my reading, sometimes I was missing the parallel that was being attempted, so they were trying to suggest that bitcoin is mined and new coins come into existence, and sure there is some truth to that, but we also know what that is going be with a decently high level of certainty, even accounting for the various scenarios in which consensus could be changed to inflate the BTC supply.

Many of us have also noticed another phenomenon and that is before bitcoin halvenings there is all kinds of pressures to attempt to keep BTC prices down, and even to spread FUD suggesting that bitcoin halvenings were going to cause the opposite effect than what logic would dictate, including the dumbass death spiraling of mining power based on loss of incentives to mine.  Anyhow, what seems to happen is the various powers that be in the bearwhale space push the BTC price down for as long as they can and as low as they can.  And it seems to me that part of the reason that we end up having such an explosion in the price that ends up happening a decent amount of time after the halvening is because the actual physical supply of BTC ends up being so constrained that there has to be a kind of physical resolution that does not even matter so much about what people think about the future, but then the explosion will cause a kind of piling on, too.  So the physical and the psychological will surely play off of one another, even when sometimes one or another might seem to be more of a driving factor under certain circumstances that are trying to be described or explained.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 07:47:59 PM

Do you even understand gresham's law?  
Respect my Copernicus bro!  Wink Everyone forgets Kopernik  Undecided  give the guy at least some merits yo?
Jokes aside;
Anyhow, what seems to happen is the various powers that be in the bearwhale space push the BTC price down for as long as they can and as low as they can.
Why would you think "they" do it? Is it only in order to acquire bigger quantities of coins and profit hugely later on?
Or maybe there is something else I don't even consider as a reason for such speculation-action? Is this even a speculation mechanics or a new bread of something?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 08:33:55 PM
Merited by poptok1 (1)

Do you even understand gresham's law?  
Respect my Copernicus bro!  Wink Everyone forgets Kopernik  Undecided  give the guy at least some merits yo?
Jokes aside;

I don't even understand the Copernicus reference.

Anyhow, what seems to happen is the various powers that be in the bearwhale space push the BTC price down for as long as they can and as low as they can.
Why would you think "they" do it?

It's likely that we cannot exactly attribute meaning to overall market behavior.  Of course, there are motivations to make money and there are also motivations to attempt to destroy the asset, if possible.  So the negative motives and the positive motives balance out to a battle, and sometimes there can be profits in other areas that are made by keeping BTC low.. for example if BTC is a threat to your business model or even some governments (to the extent that they are able) might engage in tactics to attempt to push the price down through rulings, prosecutions, FUD spreading, etc.

Is it only in order to acquire bigger quantities of coins and profit hugely later on?

Sure there is likely some of that going on, too.

Or maybe there is something else I don't even consider as a reason for such speculation-action?

Of course, the motivations are going to be diverse, and surely frequently even the bearwhales might not understand how far they can push matters, and surely it is more profitable if they can dump early and cause a contagion in which others end up going along with it while they are slowly acquiring back their position without pushing the price up (which acquisition might take place OTC while dumping may occur on exchanges to cause the most negative influence as possible), and surely sometimes even the bearwhales lose control and may switch sides to start to buy when they figure that they are no longer able to push the price down.. the trend is your friend, as we know.

Is this even a speculation mechanics or a new bread of something?

There is a mixture of the employment of old tools, but of course, bitcoin and other crypto is bringing about some different dynamics in trading, too, including more abilities for laypeople to get in which contributes to more extremes and manipulators trying to take advantage of way broader amateur traders.  Of course, there is some wild, wild west aspect, too in terms of trying to figure out what the asset is and attempting to figure out whether it should be regulated or not, so the extent to which any regulation exists in bitcoin and other crypto is a developing area - that also creates some new dynamics that likely play out differently from a more mature market.

Certainly there remains differences of opinion (and some people are going to bet correctly and some will get it wrong) regarding whether bitcoin is an actually new asset class or if the old tools will apply, and furthermore, there is differences of opinion regarding whether the four year fractal patterns are good predictors of BTC's likely price performance, and also disagreements regarding whether bitcoin is in a s-curve exponential adoption curve including what stage of the curve it is in, if it happens to be in such curve.  Some folks will be right and others will not, but does not stop the ongoing attempts to battle and to attempt to physically force the BTC price to go much further than expected and for much longer than expected, but part of my own personal theory remains that status quo institutions and whales are having quite a difficult time to try to keep bitcoin prices down, and sure they might have some more tricks up their sleeves, perhaps? perhaps?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2019, 09:04:37 PM

even some governments (to the extent that they are able)
Yeap, this is the thing I wasn't taking in to consideration at all. Damn FED and his minions  Grin
Absolutely stellar response, thanks for the effort and about this Copernicus "joke", I just checked the Wikipedia and yes, it's there, just look at the end of first paragraph, bold text  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham%27s_law
He's books were mostly on the forbidden list, that's why modern history forgot how great of an economist he was.
status quo institutions and whales are having quite a difficult time to try to keep bitcoin prices down
It's cool to read things like this, if it was true that would mean that we or rather satoshi, have already moved the scales a bit in our favour. Ah, another field where a battle with the forces of darkness parable fits like a glove.
Any ideas with what they can come up with next? The gov. I mean. More probable is "one world currency" or blockchain dollars?
I have heard some rumours that parts of EU are planed to move cashless in just one year form now... kinda scary.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2019, 10:46:33 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (5)

even some governments (to the extent that they are able)
Yeap, this is the thing I wasn't taking in to consideration at all. Damn FED and his minions  Grin
Absolutely stellar response, thanks for the effort and about this Copernicus "joke", I just checked the Wikipedia and yes, it's there, just look at the end of first paragraph, bold text  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham%27s_law
He's books were mostly on the forbidden list, that's why modern history forgot how great of an economist he was.

I had not realized the Copernicus connection, and I suppose that sometimes little facts like that could be tests about how much of an expert someone is on a topic.  I am merely familiar with the general principle that people tend to be incentivized to spend their most shitty money first and to HODL their money that is most likely to go up in value or to maintain its value.  Makes a lot of sense, and surely many of us have become more enlightened on such topic from the diptwats who are suggesting that we should strive to make bitcoin more spendable as if making bitcoin more spendable should be amongst our primary concerns - which does not make logical sense, and even people who are without much education are going to gravitate towards following gresham like behaviors if they have any kind of appreciation of the comparative value retention attributes of any kinds of monies that they hold.   Of course, some people give it no thought, but anyone who consciously attempts to achieve the most bang for the buck will frequently subconsciously engage in these kinds of behaviors without anyone teaching them... about gresham or having to explain any of the underlying theories.

status quo institutions and whales are having quite a difficult time to try to keep bitcoin prices down
It's cool to read things like this, if it was true that would mean that we or rather satoshi, have already moved the scales a bit in our favour.

For sure there is already a certain high degree of victory, even if bitcoin were to get squashed into the ground from here on out, the idea has been birthed and the idea has also been shown to have some functionality, so in that regard, there is a certain segment of the population that have come to better understand how money works including being better able to distinguish between sound money practices and not so sound money practices, and these kinds of ideas get into the heads of a variety of people the longer that bitcoin stays around, which assisted to become more powerful by Schelling point principles.

Ah, another field where a battle with the forces of darkness parable fits like a glove.

I don't know about fitting like a glove, but there can be a tendency for matters to kind of work themselves out in a way in which individuals gravitate in a direction to make things happen, and some of the nice things about bitcoin happens to involve how a lot of the built in incentives have a great way of playing out, which causes a lot of people to conjecture that the balancing of incentives with code and difficulty adjustments and proof of work and monetization came from a lot of deep thought, rather than merely getting lucky, even though there might have been some aspects that were lucky, too.

Any ideas with what they can come up with next? The gov. I mean. More probable is "one world currency" or blockchain dollars?
I have heard some rumours that parts of EU are planed to move cashless in just one year form now... kinda scary.

I hate to go down the road of speculating about their various plays, whether it is government, financial institution, rich people because there are a combination of things that they can attempt, yet part of the problem still ends up being that bitcoin gives hardly any shits because it has been designed to prepare for these kinds of attack attempts, so lucky for us that bitcoin has gotten off of the ground, and the longer that it exists the stronger it becomes, getting back to Schelling points  - so surely, attacking bitcoin would have had greater likelihood of success to nip it in the bud 5 years ago or more - so even if there might be some successful efforts to burden people more and more and to try to attack bitcoin in various regulatory  or prohibition ways,  there might be success in getting the price to go down for even extended  periods of time, and so in that regard there will develop stronger underground systems and even wacamole issues because even governments are not able to cooperate to attempt to get what they want because they do not agree upon what they want, and that is part of the genius of the incentives built into bitcoin including the fact that some governments might need to begin to attempt to develop their mining and acquisition of bitcoins rather than trying to bash bitcoin or create nonsense competition projects that are  likely to get swallowed by BTC in the longrun anyhow.

realknow

Activity: 546
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 02:42:59 AM

I think the impact of bitcoin price movements which is very difficult for all of us to describe is indeed a problem in the world of cryptocurrency.
to become a global currency with movements like now maybe many new people will definitely not believe.
for my country still not too good at the present time, its development began to be abandoned because the way of thinking is different maybe
but I hope one day bitcoin can still compete with legitimate currencies.

Coin_trader
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1169

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2019, 03:22:22 AM

What exchange/s are they using to determine the 90-day transaction volume of USD?  I'm concern about the legitimacy of the volume. We all know that the majority of BTC/USD pair is only wash trading since
the most major exchange is unregulated. Anyone can explain to me further details. Thanks in advance.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2019, 04:37:47 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2019, 05:36:20 AM by Danydee
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

my first thought is to go  to say that for a sustained velocity it needs a constantly new number of (new users/Interactions)..

qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 10:45:18 PM

Here is a definition of the velocity of Bitcoin and a comparison with the M1 and M2 US dollar money stock.
This is a comparison of apples and pears.
If anything, the 21 million Bitcoins on the Bitcoin network are comparable to the monetary base, i.e. M0 of the US dollar.

In fact, I've reminisced in the past that for a realistic monetary theory of Bitcoin, one should assume the existence of some form of M1 and maybe even M2, M3 for Bitcoin as well.
In the case of the MtGox fractional reserve, said "Bitcoin M1" was actually on the order of half a million BTC larger than its M0.

And yes, I know I'm a heretic, and I've said "Yehova" Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 11:45:21 AM

The first question I suppose is why is bitcoin worth anything at all. First it can have value as a medium of exchange, and second it can itself be a store of value.

I may be seeing things simplistically (I am seeing things simplistically - if there's one thing I know, it's that I don't know much) - but where are we right now? Bitcoin is not widely accepted in society as a medium of exchange. What can you buy with bitcoin? Not much. I can't go to the corner shop and buy a newspaper with it. This severely restricts the velocity, or how quickly bitcoin is circulating in the economy. It's not that bitcoin is accepted everywhere but no-one is using it, it's rather that society itself at the moment has a huge effect by enforcing a limit on what can be spent and where.

So bitcoin is not widely used as a medium of exchange. But people are still buying it. Why? Because they think it will be a medium of exchange in the future? Or because they think it will continue to rise in value? I would argue the rise in value is by far the major driver.

My amateurish conclusion then is that the velocity is not that relevant yet, as the opportunity just isn't there. We are still in the early days of crypto, before mass-adoption, we are buying bitcoin in order to hold it rather than to spend it, and velocity is relevant more as an indicator of the limits that society enforces on crypto rather than as an indicator of the performance of bitcoin itself.

Apologies if I've completely misunderstood what is being talked about - shoot me down if so!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 04:13:39 PM

The first question I suppose is why is bitcoin worth anything at all. First it can have value as a medium of exchange, and second it can itself be a store of value.

I may be seeing things simplistically (I am seeing things simplistically - if there's one thing I know, it's that I don't know much) - but where are we right now? Bitcoin is not widely accepted in society as a medium of exchange. What can you buy with bitcoin? Not much. I can't go to the corner shop and buy a newspaper with it. This severely restricts the velocity, or how quickly bitcoin is circulating in the economy. It's not that bitcoin is accepted everywhere but no-one is using it, it's rather that society itself at the moment has a huge effect by enforcing a limit on what can be spent and where.

So bitcoin is not widely used as a medium of exchange. But people are still buying it. Why? Because they think it will be a medium of exchange in the future? Or because they think it will continue to rise in value? I would argue the rise in value is by far the major driver.

My amateurish conclusion then is that the velocity is not that relevant yet, as the opportunity just isn't there. We are still in the early days of crypto, before mass-adoption, we are buying bitcoin in order to hold it rather than to spend it, and velocity is relevant more as an indicator of the limits that society enforces on crypto rather than as an indicator of the performance of bitcoin itself.

Apologies if I've completely misunderstood what is being talked about - shoot me down if so!

Yeah.. you seem to be needed to be shot down.. especially if you believe that spending is necessary and you place that first, and if you actually look at bitcoin, there are a whole hell of a lot of HODLers who are just stacking away their bitcoin... which is also going to have affects on circulating supply that is available to be affecting the price, and the lower the circulating supply, because so many people are not moving their coins, then there will be more and more upwards pressures on price with whatever supply happens to be circulating.

Furthermore, there remains a considerable ongoing lack of incentive to spend bitcoin if it seems to be the most sound of money and there exist a lot of other less sound monies that can be spent... gresham's law 101....

Surely, if orange coin go up, then there will likely develop a whole hell of a lot more incentives for HODLers to take some of their coins out of storage and to put them into circulation... which will either stop the coin from going up in price or bring the price down, and we have so far seen in BTC's history that the speculative component and the ongoing relative lack of liquidity as compared to other longer existing investment assets, such as gold, real estate, stocks and bonds, and currencies, that the ups and downs in bitcoin are likely to continue to shoot past reasonableness... but still does not signify that bitcoin is NOT valuable as a storage of value, medium of exchange or unit of account, but it does seem to suggest that orange coin must go up in price a whole hell of a lot more in order to make it become a lot less difficult to be bouncing around with such ongoing violence.. likely another 100x increase in price will help in that lessening of volatility direction... It won't solve volatility completely because price discovery is still growing, but it will likely help.. and probably will take a couple more 4 year cycles to get another 100x increase from here.. though we never know for sure with bitcoin and if the buying pressures are keeping up in terms of ongoing increasing awareness of its value... as well as network effects systems continuing to build around it to keep up with price finding, too.

Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 419

View Profile
June 08, 2023, 05:53:08 AM

Got up this morning and saw this huge assignment, I thought is something I can pass through. Frankly speaking I'm still new to this (Bitcoin) and I still see myself as a newbie in the Bitcoin section.
Maybe I'll take my time to read more comments on this thread as this is new to me, who knows I might grab something new. There's always room to learn and improve in what we do.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2023, 10:38:59 PM

Got up this morning and saw this huge assignment, I thought is something I can pass through. Frankly speaking I'm still new to this (Bitcoin) and I still see myself as a newbie in the Bitcoin section.
Maybe I'll take my time to read more comments on this thread as this is new to me, who knows I might grab something new. There's always room to learn and improve in what we do.

Yes.. a good place to start might be to improve in your post quality.. since you did not really say much of anything that might actually relate to the topic of this thread or to relate to the contents (or the points that were raised) of any of the recent thread posts.

Sexylizzy2813

View Profile
June 09, 2023, 02:43:40 AM

Yes.. a good place to start might be to improve in your post quality.. since you did not really say much of anything that might actually relate to the topic of this thread or to relate to the contents (or the points that were raised) of any of the recent thread posts.

You're one of the best in this forum when it comes to posting and getting more fact and I'd like to do same as you. But my question is how can one know if he/she is doing well in terms of dropping a quality post, sometimes I ask if I'm doing it right or not, it's gets me worried.
Is like you have it all on your finger tips, what's the secret, please don't tell me research Mr @JayJuanGee😅

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2023, 03:39:51 AM

You're one of the best in this forum when it comes to posting and getting more fact and I'd like to do same as you. But my question is how can one know if he/she is doing well in terms of dropping a quality post, sometimes I ask if I'm doing it right or not, it's gets me worried.

The reason that I wrote my above post in the way that I did was based on the lack of quality in your post that I was responding to.

You should not have to ask anyone whether your post was good or not, and surely if there was some kind of appreciation of your post then you might get some merits for the post - and even good/great posts do not always receive merits.

Is like you have it all on your finger tips, what's the secret, please don't tell me research Mr @JayJuanGee😅

You are right.  I am not sure if research is necessary, but practice does likely help, and also if you try to tie some of your experiences into your post, you ask questions, attempt to engage with other members, and even provide some insight (or sharing of your own experiences and opinions that relate to the topic of the thread or even to some issue that might be raised by one of the posts), then it becomes more likely that other members will recognize you as a contributor to the forum, and even if they might not sent you an smerit for that particular post, they might send you an smerit after seeing several of your posts and appreciating that you are providing some useful or even thought provoking information...

There is no exact formula, and each of us likely develop differing posting styles, so in that regard, sometimes you can agree with other forum members and other times you can disagree with them, and providing some of those kinds of responses might contribute towards your practicing and getting better in your post and your posting style.

I had not necessarily been a good poster on, and sometimes there are needs to research into topics or to go outside and have some life experiences (including reflecting upon some of your experiences) to figure out how various topics might relate to one another or maybe even asking questions about whether some topics might relate or if there might be some reasons that you suspect to be connected to a world event or some kind of a thing that is happening in bitcoin, and with that sometimes you can also criticize some article that you read and say why you might believe some parts and why you doubt other parts of the article (or video).

Many times it is best to find areas that you are interested or that you want to learn about and find your own ways of learning.. or even finding your own ways of explaining something to someone else, and maybe it takes you several drafts to put together your response, and then maybe other times, you are able to draft a response quickly because you already have a lot of ideas about the topic, and maybe other times, you will start to write a draft response, but then you decide to abandon posting such response because you realize that you do not know enough and that you might have to research that particular topic before you feel more comfortable posting about it or even asking some questions about it.

Sexylizzy2813

View Profile
June 09, 2023, 04:40:00 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2023, 06:47:36 AM by Sexylizzy2813
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3), Zlantann (2), Fiatless (1)

You should not have to ask anyone whether your post was good or not, and surely if there was some kind of appreciation of your post then you might get some merits for the post - and even good/great posts do not always receive merits.

Maybe what I said came out wrongly but with the way you painted it was why, that I should improve on my post quality, it was as if nothing have said in this Forum has ever made sense or weight up something of more informative concerning the topics or thread. I'm open to corrections but it doesn't mean I shouldn't air out how I feel and when I see good things I shouldn't say it, come on, things I said has nothing to do with getting merit in as much as is one of the goal or what is used to measure how good our posts are. Like I said maybe I made a mistake, still learning from you high ranked members though.

You are right.  I am not sure if research is necessary, but practice does likely help, and also if you try to tie some of your experiences into your post, you ask questions, attempt to engage with other members, and even provide some insight (or sharing of your own experiences and opinions that relate to the topic of the thread or even to some issue that might be raised by one of the posts), then it becomes more likely that other members will recognize you as a contributor to the forum, and even if they might not sent you an smerit for that particular post, they might send you an smerit after seeing several of your posts and appreciating that you are providing some useful or even thought provoking information...

You make me laugh senior, you know in life you can't give what you don't have, talking about experience, I haven't gotten much of that experience that you have or some other users have concerning Bitcoin on this Forum, I'm still new to it so if I'm learning or new where is the experience that I'm going to bring?
I don't want to start acting like I know it all like some users do just to fil among, mehn... I'll do what I have to do, I also like contributing in threads I find myself (don't kick me out on that Mr @JayJuanGee) I get your point and what you said iamd the way you put it, is hardly said by some users so you have to know that you getting me exposed to many things, I appreciate it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2023, 05:21:47 PM

Merits Bitcoin fees not transactions -> not transactions no velocity.. end dot!

Lida93

Activity: 742
Merit: 529

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2023, 05:28:16 PM

my first thought is to go  to say that for a sustained velocity it needs a constantly new number of (new users/Interactions)..
A constant entrant of new users to bitcoin isn't just enough to create a good level of velocity of the coin. With the current number of users of bitcoin all over the globe yet the velocity doesn't correspond with the users and that's because so many are using it as a store of value while a very few are the ones using it as a means of exchange for goods and services. Unlike dollar where almost all users mainly using the currency as means of exchange for goods and services all over the world.

Another important thing that can sustain a good velocity of bitcoin is the lifting of restrictions imposed on bitcoin by some countries around the world as this restrictions has made the users in these countries focus on just seeing the digital currency as a store of value whereas the BTC has so many usages that many users haven't experienced it with.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀