Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:33:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PonziDOGE... this naugty shibe started a transparent ponzi game  (Read 12994 times)
ratty

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:07:42 AM

Short rounds sounds like an interesting idea, people might be less inclined to dump huge deposits since you can't be sure if there will be lots of deposits in every single round. I know I would use smaller amounts, though it would certainly be less exciting. Its like the difference between a beer every day for a month versus 29 days with no beer then drink all 30 in a night. Smiley
poncrypto (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:09:33 PM

Short rounds sounds like an interesting idea, people might be less inclined to dump huge deposits since you can't be sure if there will be lots of deposits in every single round. I know I would use smaller amounts, though it would certainly be less exciting. Its like the difference between a beer every day for a month versus 29 days with no beer then drink all 30 in a night. Smiley

Will see, but PONZI Doge like Champagne!

NEW ROUNDS FOR LTC and DOGE Starting soon

Blue Neck

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 02:52:33 AM

If you guys still play this, I created a spreadsheet to monitor the game.

http://www.filedropper.com/ponzi-copy

The data was from Round 1. For the current round just copy paste the deposits from the website into Col D 'Deposit' everything else should be formulas.

• Total Deposits are all the deposits up to that line
  • Total Returns are all the returns needed to be paid to that line
  • Deposit is the deposit for that line
  • Return is the return for that line
  • 5% Fee is the fee for that line
  • Status is whether it was paid to the current line
  • Last Paid is the last deposit amount paid
  • Balance is the balance of Dogecoins left in the game for that line after all returns have been paid
  • To Pay Out is the amount of Dogecoin needed to pay out that line
  • Deposit to pay is the number of deposits made after the deposit on that line were needed in order to pay out that line
  • 10 Avg is the average of the last 10 deposits up to that line

Charts are on the second tab.

Enjoy!
ratty

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:26:19 AM

http://www.filedropper.com/ponzi-copy

I just uploaded that to google docs so its easier to view.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gy0bM1d9Fdyxnm2MXak7GuSxt9J0BuPIopClkcmmL4Q/edit?usp=sharing
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:31:38 AM

Yep cool stuff! Glad to know that more and more people enjoy playing. Smiley
Once they figure out how to win it seems pretty fair.

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 05:35:05 AM

I also realized that there was no bots... since  the top heavy players use console or a script to send(screenshots on twitter). But captcha will prevent most of the future bots Smiley

They are just quick with fast PC good internet connection many nodes... etc.

I personally find that QT clients are super slow unless you have SSD

ratty

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:38:18 AM

I won by having direct fiber connection to the Dogecoin HQ, I know the CEO.
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:26:30 PM

I won by having direct fiber connection to the Dogecoin HQ, I know the CEO.

Lets test your connection, the new round starts in 30 minutes!

poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

The game has evolved and it seems that people want to play only in the first few minutes, so to make it interesting we are going to change round length to 30 minutes. This will also allow to have a game round every night!

Once current rounds end in about 30min for DOGE and 1hr30min for LTC. (CHANCE to win 200%)

The new rounds will start tonight with a 30 minute limit.

There also should be an Article coming out tonight which should bring new players.

http://ponzidoge.com
http://ltcponzi.com

jkister

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:41:05 AM

Hey Blue Neck (and all):

I set up the spreadsheet for last round:
sendspace.com/file/9bl8i3

This shows that #14 should be paid.  But according to the /last_round webpage (mirrored at http://kister.net/tmp/ltcponzi.com/last_round) #14 was not paid.

I tried to take this up with @Ponzidoge1 on twitter, but didnt get very far.

Who's math is wrong here?  Shouldn't #14 have been paid ?
ratty

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:39:42 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 10:30:17 AM by ratty

I told one of my friends about it, and we've both won every single round played (3 so far). I'm sure it will make for an uncomfortable moment when one of us wins but the other doesn't. Smiley
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:21:00 PM

Hey Blue Neck (and all):

I set up the spreadsheet for last round:
sendspace.com/file/9bl8i3

This shows that #14 should be paid.  But according to the /last_round webpage (mirrored at http://kister.net/tmp/ltcponzi.com/last_round) #14 was not paid.

I tried to take this up with @Ponzidoge1 on twitter, but didnt get very far.

Who's math is wrong here?  Shouldn't #14 have been paid ?

I private messaged you with explanations that due to our fees #14 was not paid. I think you deleted your tweets after that.

ratty

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:39:41 AM

I have a question, how does it work with that last payout getting double? It would have to leave aside some dogecoins to pay that person, so how can you predict that? Right now I'm #19 in line with my 175k deposit (192k payout if win), there's about 259k after me, so what determines if #19 is declared a winner? Does it just reserve the max bet, then reconcile it all at the end of the round?
jkister

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:25:44 AM

I private messaged you with explanations that due to our fees #14 was not paid. I think you deleted your tweets after that.

Right, we were DMing.  But I was looking for a detailed explanation on why #14 was not paid and all I got was "we don't pay more than what we have in the bank" and "did you include our 5% fee", neither of which held water due to my calculations and figures that I've been providing.

Due to the detailed figures I've provided, I think #14 should have been paid.  I am hoping to get detailed information/figures back that shows why it should not be paid.  I thought more people here would care and have chimed in, but i guess not.  Or maybe that's why the last two rounds have less than 10 players :-/. 

BTW: I only deleted a tweet that was OT to this.  Our DMs are still there.
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:05:35 AM

If you took 5% into the calculation it should have answered you question. You did not DM me back....so how was I supposed to know to respond?

Again ... its very simple we can only pay what comes in....its automated we dont make decision who to pay or who not to pay. Its a program... if there is enough balance the deposit gets paid.

ratty

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:40:22 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 06:05:29 AM by ratty

I believe you are running this honestly, but professional victims might end up being effective in smearing you if this kind of stuff isn't just destroyed on sight. One thing that would help are more stats. What is there now is enough, but more stats could go a long way in easily proving the fairness. For example, a list of the incoming deposits, with a little running total column next to it. Then you can just read it, and see for yourself where the dogecoins are going, and if you know the logic, you can just easily see that it is matching.
Someone could still accuse you of fudging the numbers, but this way they can point at a particular number and say "math error here, where did these coins go?" and its easier to discuss it if there is a report to look at.
If you try to add all of this on the main page, it might confuse people. I like the simple design of the web page, I wouldn't suggest cluttering it.
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:49:43 AM

The site looks good. I'l try to double my doge

please unban me.
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 09:27:27 AM

I believe you are running this honestly, but professional victims might end up being effective in smearing you if this kind of stuff isn't just destroyed on sight. One thing that would help are more stats. What is there now is enough, but more stats could go a long way in easily proving the fairness. For example, a list of the incoming deposits, with a little running total column next to it. Then you can just read it, and see for yourself where the dogecoins are going, and if you know the logic, you can just easily see that it is matching.
Someone could still accuse you of fudging the numbers, but this way they can point at a particular number and say "math error here, where did these coins go?" and its easier to discuss it if there is a report to look at.
If you try to add all of this on the main page, it might confuse people. I like the simple design of the web page, I wouldn't suggest cluttering it.

Yea some people get pissy and start accusing. So I ask them for their calculation and that is when they usually stop and back down. Nobody apologized yet though.

We are working to increase the game quality and transparency. Cool stuff coming soon!

jkister

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 09:20:13 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 09:33:15 PM by jkister

If you took 5% into the calculation it should have answered you question. You did not DM me back....so how was I supposed to know to respond?

if you opened the spreadsheet i sent twice you would see the 5% is accounted for.  everything is accounted for.

in case anyone is afraid to open the spreadsheet, here it is as an image:
http://jeremy.kister.net/tmp/ltcponzi.png

row #15 (because row#1 is a description field) is actually row#14 on ltcponzi.

what it seems, though, is that the 200% final deposit is not being taken from the 5% pool but rather from the investor pool.  if this is correct, it explains why #14 was not paid.

you've mentioned several times that the the 5% fee and late deposits are needed "in case the last recorded transaction is 30 LTC" -- e.g., http://ltzponzi.com/faq says that the reason you keep late deposits are "for future cases when there may not be enough transactions to cover the 200% pay back" -- so I am under the impression the final 200% was not coming out of the investor pool.  am I wrong there ?
poncrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:32:40 PM

200% comes from the general pool if it is available. Otherwise if there was no 200% at then end we would just keep the unclaimed balance... since we don't send incomplete payouts. However if .... the end game is big... this is how the coins get used according to rules in the FAQ

If your transaction is not the last one or it is not recorded those coins go according to following order:
1. Pay the 200% bonus to the "last recorded transaction"
2. Pay outstanding transactions in the regular order from oldest to newest
3. Remaining unclaimed balance that is not enough to pay next in line will remain with operator
(For future cases when there may not be enough transactions to cover the 200% pay back of "last recorded transaction")

All pretty fair... we use the same balance since it is in the same wallet... Not planning separating end game and main game.

Its simple ... if there was no end game... #14 would not go out... it could have reached enough to go out due to the end game if there was 5 more LTC?

We use late/early deposits as available to pay the 200%

So is your question answered?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: