Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Doers it matter what country you are in for wallet?  (Read 338 times)
Linkkoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 88

Online Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 04:13:09 PM

Most online wallets will ask you for KYC and other such requirements.
I never know that online(web?) wallet need KYC, even blockchain doesn't need to do KYC to use it, except for exchange.
If you mean 'exchange wallet', that thing is not good to hold coins for long time.

It will start changing soon.

Online cryptocurrency exchange - https://linkkoin.com
Buy BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, EOS, LTC, XMR, REP, ETC, ZEC with credit/debit card
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 02:24:18 AM

Please forgive me if its a stupid question, I have been away from Crypto for a few years, I live In Canada and I have  not been active and now am getting back to crypto, I use to use Blockchain.com wallet , is that wallet still good? and Does it matter which country I am in for wallet.  I registered with coinsquare  as a platform to buy bitcoins, but I heard  that it can take up to 4 days to  move BTC from there after purchase, is that true, I remember on localbitcoins it used to be much quicker but the price was higher obviously, so is coinsquare the best way to buy bitcoins for Canadians.  what wallet would you recommend for mobile.

Thank you.

This is not a stupid question, it's a valid question for me, and yes regardless on what country you are in you can use popular wallets , desktop and online wallet, Blockchain.com is still good in fact I am using it from my trading, just don't lose the email associated with your blockchain.com account or you will lose all your coins, for the best mobile wallet do check out this article
https://101.u.today/7-best-cryptocurrency-mobile-wallets-2019-for-android-and-ios
And I highly recommend that you also do your research.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 05:09:49 AM

Most online wallets will ask you for KYC and other such requirements.
I never know that online(web?) wallet need KYC, even blockchain doesn't need to do KYC to use it, except for exchange.
If you mean 'exchange wallet', that thing is not good to hold coins for long time.

It will start changing soon.
then you should remove web wallet as an option ,i dont think we really need web wallet if there are wallet already and dont have a 3rd party it is more secure than webwallet.
The only things why many people use that and risk to make a KYC is for the convertion to fiat currency.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 12:53:46 PM

then you should remove web wallet as an option ,i dont think we really need web wallet if there are wallet already and dont have a 3rd party it is more secure than webwallet.
The only things why many people use that and risk to make a KYC is for the convertion to fiat currency.
However, we still need an exchange/web wallet when we intend to sell our bitcoin. And most of the exchange will ask you KYC to make an account at there.

So, just wondering do we have another way to avoid it? I'll agree if the best platform to hold bitcoin is an offline wallet. But if you concern with the other thing like KYC it seems like you won't ever be avoid it.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 03:54:16 PM

However, we still need an exchange/web wallet when we intend to sell our bitcoin. And most of the exchange will ask you KYC to make an account at there.

So, just wondering do we have another way to avoid it? I'll agree if the best platform to hold bitcoin is an offline wallet. But if you concern with the other thing like KYC it seems like you won't ever be avoid it.
Basically Yes, we can avoid it but it's too risky, If you are really concerned about privacy and don't want to give any KYC details, you can sell your bitcoins directly without getting involved in the exchange, you can sell them to a "bitcoin guy" ( a person who offering service buying and selling bitcoin)  but make sure that bitcoin guy is trusted and has good reputation in your community and most importantly you know him in person (his details, where he lives, etc) or it's better if you can meet them offline, I personally did this and the reason why I did this because those bitcoin guys offering lowest fee than my exchange especially for bitcoin to cash. To be honest, I highly don't recommend this way since it's too risky they can run away with your coins, especially if you don't know them or not meet them in real life.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: