Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:03:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another crypto scam - ICORating.com. Our $8k seized. Stay away from them.  (Read 164 times)
av535 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:02:50 AM

Earlier this year we paid ICORating.com $8,000 for their services. Even though we were unsure when we'll be going ahead with our ICO, their team member (Leo) told us this is a "limited offer" and we can always avail their services later and if we decide to cancel the ICO later they'll be happy to refund the entire amount. He insisted we will won't get this offer again, and we might have to pay almost double later. So we paid.

Now when we decided to call our off our ICO, they're not refunding the amount even though their policy on their website states otherwise.

1.6. In the event that the Client intends to cancel the services / works provided by ICORating and obtain a refund, they can do so only prior to the commencement of works /services. The Client will also take responsibility for all transaction costs related to there-transfer of the Client’s funds back to the Client. In the event of the Client’s cancellation of services / works after the commencement of works / services,100% of the price of the works / services will not be refunded to the Client and will be retained by ICORating.

After paying them we never discussed or availed any of their services. Upon asking why they are going against their own policy, they made something up and said 1.6. policy number is only valid for advertising or listing. Nowhere on their policy page says so.

It shouldn't be a surprise that they don't mention anyone from their team on the website. Their main communication manager is not aware of who the CEO is and calls himself an ordinary employee who has no idea of management: https://imgur.com/a/imD3UcY
This industry is unbelievable and no short of scams. I did my due diligence on ICORating, but of course, I was wrong.

I just wanted to let you guys know. I don't want someone else to suffer losses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 02:59:57 PM

New projects need not go for ICO rating sites, majority of investors do not believe in these ICO rating sites anymore, just be transparent, show the great side of your project, why they will support and what it can bring to the community and most of all do a conference and webinars, not employing the services of these ICO rating sites.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 10:55:52 PM

This industry is unbelievable and no short of scams.
Anyone else sees the irony, here? Grin

But generally, you're right. Always gotta expect to get scammed. No deals without security. Sad, but it's true. Most learn this the hard way.

I just wanted to let you guys know. I don't want someone else to suffer losses.
Thanks for the heads-up, and thanks for not creating yet another token. We've got more than enough, already. Smiley

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 11:15:12 PM

1.6. policy number is only valid for advertising or listing

This begs the question - what exactly did you pay for? What are the "services" that cost you $8k with a "limited offer"?
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 11:22:52 PM

1.6. policy number is only valid for advertising or listing

This begs the question - what exactly did you pay for? What are the "services" that cost you $8k with a "limited offer"?

$8k is already big amount of money for small project considering that they are only paying for a rating website. They thought it can really help them in gaining potential investors. I don't know if there are still users here that believe those rigged ratings from those paid websites. So hard lesson for them. But this only proves that rating sites are not to be trusted at all. A good evidence to refer on.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 11:25:57 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say it was the usual money grab most of those ICO rating sites did. "Pay me an insane amount of money and I'll list your (scam) ICO with a review saying it's decent". That's how most of such sites I saw (and got the chance to talk to either the operators or those listing / trying to list there) operated.

But this only proves that rating sites are not to be trusted at all. A good evidence to refer on.
Sure, but at the end of the day, they're more or less a byproduct of ICOs themselves which "collect" / scam huge amounts of money from "investors" and of course, other "services" emerge which also want a piece of the pie. Might be annoying for those 2-3 ICOs which maybe had honest motives, but that's probably just collateral damage.

Never, ever give money to anyone without securities. Ever. Even less so in Cryptoland.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: