Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for the Speculators... (experiment)  (Read 505 times)
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 10:04:08 AM

even those people with a lot of experiences and high skills trader have a very low percentage to ended up with profit, the research say it all , mostly they claimed that less than 10% a trader can success making profit in the long run.
I think the problem with those people is that they try to make profit quick. No matter how long you have been trying to get trading to work for you, there simply isn't a way for you to make more profit than you have lost.

Most people make things worse for themselves by raising the stakes in an attempt to gain back what they have lost, but gamblers have been the prefect example in terms of exposing how dangerous revenge gambling really is.

People can't even get things working for themselves in the stock market they claim is very predictable. How on earth will they be able to have any success within crypto, a market that's truly unpredictable.
then we are agreed that people are impatient most of the times.

and that is one of the major factor makes them failed reaching the target to have a steady profit in trading. honestly i can not compare trading to how raising the stakes as a gambling, that is pretty much different. it is part of the strategy in money management though.

but here considering we are talking about speculation where i believe this kind behavior in trading is tend to a gambling.
indeed, things will never work out with that kind behavior.
nobody succeed through gambling, nobody succeed through trading with 100% pure speculation .
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 10:43:27 AM

They would surely lose something if they wouldn't be able to wait for the best time to sell. Short term investment wouldn't work well for now. There are coins that include Bitcoin which are good for a long term investment. Speculations might ruin our decisions so we might as well learn how to deal with the market.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2019, 07:16:02 PM

They would surely lose something if they wouldn't be able to wait for the best time to sell. Short term investment wouldn't work well for now. There are coins that include Bitcoin which are good for a long term investment. Speculations might ruin our decisions so we might as well learn how to deal with the market.
Of course, short-term investments are very profitable for generating income in an active cryptocurrency market, when the entire cryptocurrency has good volatility and constantly fluctuates in price.  Under such conditions, even daily trading can show very good trading.  But People already took advantage of short-term investments in 2016 and 2017, when they bought tokens of new projects during preliminary sales, with 50 percent bonuses, and immediately after listing they sold these tokens three or four times more expensive.  Of course, this very negatively affected the entire cryptocurrency market, and not just the projects themselves.  Those who have made investments for the long term are still waiting for their profits.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 07:57:09 PM

Most people will tell you that he'd lose money because that's the statistic. If you are able to make money on any market you're in the 20% of winners. If you're able to come out unscathed without losing money just going out with no profit or a very small loss you're in another 30%. The other 50% loses a lot and exits bitter.

If you had only the forum to read you'd probably make money, provided that you wouldn't panic. Most people here are bulls so you'd probably take a long from here.

Where did you get these statistics? I don't know what the statistics are for Crypto but I am assuming its like most other financial markets out there like Forex or Stock trading.

Basically when it comes to retail traders, something like 95% lose money and something like less than 1% are able to day trade and call it a living. The other smaller 5% or so most likely are either retired or they got a day job and just do it on the side. But the sad fact is that 95% of them lose money and not just break-even.

Its zero-sum and you need someone to lose money for you to make money. Look at the Bitmex or Bitfinex leadership boards there, you will basically see 1 or 2 whales and 100-200 smaller retail people who are at a loss while the whales are at a huge gain. This is no different than banks or institutions making money while the average investor struggles.
This is the reality folks and if you choose to ignore it then you are doing it at your own risk, most investors and traders are long term losers, we get blinded by the results of the few winners because they are very vocal about it while the people that lose everything do not want to share their experience because they are ashamed of the mistakes they made, and even if they shared their experiences many people are going to choose to ignore them because they do not think that will happen to them.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 08:35:11 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2020, 03:44:26 PM by teosanru

What would happen if we took a new trader, somebody with zero knowledge at all, and I give them I dunno, .01 Bitcoins for free, for them to get started trading with. What is that, about $200 worth?

But here is the experiment. The experiment is to have them ONLY read this Speculator forum and nothing else is allowed. They are not allowed to use any charts, not allowed to learn TA or FA.  They would just rely upon being just another bozo on the bus here at this Speculators forum.  So: all of their trades would have to be based upon what they read at this subforum alone.

What would the outcome be?  Big lose?  or Big win?
Better luck finding investors for your experiment because from my experience I can tell you the whole account will be burnt in half the time that's on your mind. Moreover to make it interesting let's even give him liberty to see charts use TA FA(being a new trader he will learn it side by side) and still the result won't really vary the whole account will still be burnt in similar number of days. Thing is that every person who has become a successful trader has made atleast one account complete zero. This is like paying a fees to learn trading. Wise are those who lose lesser amount. Some are still burning their accounts on daily basis 😂

What would happen if we took a new trader, somebody with zero knowledge at all, and I give them I dunno, .01 Bitcoins for free, for them to get started trading with. What is that, about $200 worth?

But here is the experiment. The experiment is to have them ONLY read this Speculator forum and nothing else is allowed. They are not allowed to use any charts, not allowed to learn TA or FA.  They would just rely upon being just another bozo on the bus here at this Speculators forum.  So: all of their trades would have to be based upon what they read at this subforum alone.

What would the outcome be?  Big lose?  or Big win?

Millions and millions if the person in question would just HODL  Roll Eyes

Where are you living in? Kingdom of fantasy trading? There is no HODL in trading and trust me HODL blindly has never been profitable using this as your strategy. You need to find the absolute right share or coin which could potentially grow big and yes you are not provided with fundamental or technical analysis so how do you expect to find coin to HODL?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 09:49:26 PM

But People already took advantage of short-term investments in 2016 and 2017, when they bought tokens of new projects during preliminary sales, with 50 percent bonuses, and immediately after listing they sold these tokens three or four times more expensive. 

I'm actually more of believe that the insiders and people behind the projects were dumping.

I'm sure there have also been short term flippers having made a sweet initial profit, but most of the noobs who bought into projects really believed they were going to change the world. Tokens that are going to change the world are kept for the very long term, which a lot people did and lost a lot of money with. Retailers have been rekt hard and won't touch this crap again any time soon.

The IEO hype was kinda similar, it just turned out to be a flop much sooner, where ICO's had around 1.5 years to thrive. The only good thing about that is the fact that fewer people fell victim to their own greed and shitty nature of the projects.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 26, 2019, 10:12:51 PM

The IEO hype was kinda similar, it just turned out to be a flop much sooner, where ICO's had around 1.5 years to thrive. The only good thing about that is the fact that fewer people fell victim to their own greed and shitty nature of the projects.

that's easy enough to explain: the IEO phenomenon emerged during a bear market and hasn't coincided with a bubble.

bitcoin investors have always been obsessed with securities investment. in 2012 and 2013, we had things like bitcoin savings & trust, havelock investments, asicminer stocks. NXT then brought forth the ICO model and ethereum popularized it. then came the 2017 ICO bubble and IEOs after that.

so IEOs might have their day yet. otherwise i wonder what the next fundraising model will be. something is gonna get hyped the same way during the next bubble. crypto investors are simply too greedy for me to assume otherwise.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: