Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:17:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: paxful scam alert  (Read 417 times)
WHellscryp (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 10:30:37 PM

hello everyone don't you ever try to stock your bitcoin in to paxful ther are a scam they scam me and rip me for 0.40 btc I try to call them no one respnad and in the live chat no one respand and when I send them a message all have the same anwser sience 11 days thank you for your pationt we will fowerd this to our admin so Im here to let you know that if you pute any amount of bitcoin to any paxful account you are risking to lose your funds dont you ever do that .
so you start to buy and sell normally without any problem when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen when you try to contact them your problem will never resolved be careful

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
December 06, 2019, 11:42:41 PM

Did you get your account locked or your balance frozen? What's your account username in paxful and how you got that 0.4 btc ? I don't expect that you deposited them at once. Did you try to contact the support via mail ?  Paxful forced KYC for its users, may be you just need to verify your account. Please check again your mail box and try to get the answer about why this did happen to you.

By providing more details about the case and how you got scammed by Paxful, you can start an accusation thread against them in the Scam Accusation board so people may find a way , somehow , to help you or at least rise the awareness about the risk of using them.
Let's not forget that paxful is not the right place to store big amounts, as it's not also that trusted to make large trades.

Am so sorry about your lost funds and wish you to get them back.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 01:57:40 AM

What's your account username in paxful and how you got that 0.4 btc ?
You don't need to show this here.

So you're selling and/or buying in paxful, and you have 0.4 BTC, there are you sure there's no outgoing transaction on your account?

And by "lose your funds" you mean your account's balance was frozen or it just disappeared without outgoing transaction?

Are you kyc verified there and your account was frozen when you deposited that 0.4? as per your
"when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen"

For faster response you can message all there social media handles as well.
https://www.facebook.com/paxful
https://twitter.com/paxful
https://www.instagram.com/paxful/
or even post on there subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/paxful/
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2019, 08:00:39 AM

when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen when you try to contact them your problem will never resolved be careful
This topic reminds us not to keep a lot of money on the platforms, just as much as we can trade.
@WHellscryp mentioned that his account was frozen when he deposited some Bitcoin, I think you need to prove the source of your money? There are some reports of accounts frozen due to some deposits related to gambling or money laundering or even coinjoin[1].
Did you send 0.4 at once? Meaning that you made an unfamiliar payment?
Generally, the support team is the only one who can solve your problem, try to explain it better.

[1] Paxful account was frozen due to coinjoin

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 03:14:46 PM

Posting some screenshots and having a more detailed information for your scam accusation will help make other members have a better image on your current situation, so that we aren't also second guessing what happened to your funds. Since I know Paxful is a trusted service and you might have done something against their rules that's why your .40 BTC is locked in your account. Because I'm sure that Paxful won't just lock/freeze your account for no reason.
jesusxcv

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 03:42:07 PM

same here, they ask me to verify account, and give selfy photo, and many documents.

i told them i want to leave paxful and withdraw my balance but they rejected to give me my balance.

i was active on paxful since years, and i really loved them but yes, they turned to scam at the end.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 03:43:24 PM

It is not a random website to accuse without any proof. You need to make the things cleared what has been mentioned on your locked funds then it's possible to find why its happened and is there a possibility to retrieve it.

Possibly you violated their terms that is why you are in that situation.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 04:19:09 PM

same here, they ask me to verify account, and give selfy photo, and many documents.

i told them i want to leave paxful and withdraw my balance but they rejected to give me my balance.

i was active on paxful since years, and i really loved them but yes, they turned to scam at the end.
Most of these services such as paxful, skrill, lbc need KYC (if I'm not mistaken) due to do their compliance on US AML laws whenever their users have reached x amount of trading, or more likely when there's their so-called suspicious activities.

So your funds will be hostaged on their platform, and it's either you let your funds there or do their KYC verification.
Findingnemo

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:11:39 PM

Most of these services such as paxful, skrill, lbc need KYC (if I'm not mistaken) due to do their compliance on US AML laws whenever their users have reached x amount of trading, or more likely when there's their so-called suspicious activities.

So your funds will be hostaged on their platform, and it's either you let your funds there or do their KYC verification.
If they were accused of money laundering then funds will be locked there forever. Because I faced same issue on localbitcoin when someone tries to launder his money y responding to my ads I reported him and he never got his money back until now.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 10:21:26 PM

Well, you should expect that because it's there incase of money laundering. 0.4 BTC is a huge amount though and you shouldn't have deposited it st once.There's nothing you can do because they will tell it's part of the T&C uou sgreed to when signing. There's no choice here than to comply with their KYC so that you can get your funds out of there.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 09:41:48 AM

hello everyone don't you ever try to stock your bitcoin in to paxful ther are a scam they scam me and rip me for 0.40 btc I try to call them no one respnad and in the live chat no one respand and when I send them a message all have the same anwser sience 11 days thank you for your pationt we will fowerd this to our admin so Im here to let you know that if you pute any amount of bitcoin to any paxful account you are risking to lose your funds dont you ever do that .
so you start to buy and sell normally without any problem when you add bitcoin they make your account is frozen when you try to contact them your problem will never resolved be careful

You might want to give us more information if you want to create a "good enough" accusation.

1. Probably provide some relevant screenshots.
2. Expound more on what happened. My guess is that you deposited a big amount of money(in contrast to their limits), and now they're requiring KYC. Just to make sure you're not using a stolen credit/debit card and such.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 11, 2019, 08:31:37 AM

Sorry about your loss, i doubt if there is anything paxful can do about it but you can still be patient and wait for their final response.
I often receive login email alert on my paxful account despite the fact that i did not do it myself, this makes me not to make any deposit into the account.
The actual problem is that paxful account security is not solid and users can easily break into other users account and steal their funds without been checked.
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 06:20:26 AM

This exact same thing has happened to a friend and it was with this same paxful, it has made me so wary of them, I could never use the wallet, what is the need of storing a decentralised currency when the wallet providers could simply freeze my funds when it gets to the wallet? It just doesn't make sense, when it happened to my friend, even when he had proven how he got the funds, they refused to release the funds, if that isn't a blatant scam, then I don't know what is.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 12:19:38 PM

Its unfortunate that Paxful and even businesses operating in crypto generally just throw caution in the winds without the moment they change their policies to the detriment of their customers. What they are doing is simply what banks would do the moment they want you to provide additional details for your account by placing a lien on it. Even if you choose to close the account, they are not returning your money. You can then provide what they needed then withdraw. Paxful for me should have just told users to withdraw their funds before implementing their rule.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 01:00:10 PM

Seems like it isn't pair to corner a party without any proof. I have looked for on scam accusation and also tried to googling  a credibility of paxful especially related to scam issue but there is no clear about it.

I found one thread that stated that paxful is scam but there is no proof, you can see on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5062687.0

Just make it clear if you really have been scammed then show the proof so as the user of this forum will do something and even they will help you for at least to spreading this issue.
Findingnemo

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 03:26:40 PM

Seems like it isn't pair to corner a party without any proof. I have looked for on scam accusation and also tried to googling  a credibility of paxful especially related to scam issue but there is no clear about it.

I found one thread that stated that paxful is scam but there is no proof, you can see on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5062687.0

Just make it clear if you really have been scammed then show the proof so as the user of this forum will do something and even they will help you for at least to spreading this issue.
Possibility of accounts will get freeze or banned when they violate their ToS but people can't accept their fault and starts to blame the trading platforms.Anyone who wanted to use any service needs to learn their terms and privacy policies but we are just checking it without reading so these things will happen.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 09:05:02 PM

I think you should follow the verification they need. It is a necessity to ensure your identity. It is not difficult for you to give up your money. You cannot conclude they scam in this way. By making the necessary verification, then giving evidence, the people in this forum can help you in some way.

Why don't you verify your identity when you've been active for many years? This is ridiculous.

You should keep a picture (may be screenshot) of their fraudulent actions. It is the only way for you to get help, otherwise you are just a liar. Sorry if I was overreacting, but it was true. Wish you get your money back soon.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 09:12:23 PM

Possibility of accounts will get freeze or banned when they violate their ToS but people can't accept their fault and starts to blame the trading platforms.Anyone who wanted to use any service needs to learn their terms and privacy policies but we are just checking it without reading so these things will happen.
Most people are guilty about this, including me. But I always try to go through the ToS first before battling with customer support or creating a scam accusation about it.
Some even blame the entire Paxful for getting scammed during a trade. Some people need to grow up and start to admit their mistakes.
Findingnemo

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 06:56:49 PM

snip~
Most people are guilty about this, including me. But I always try to go through the ToS first before battling with customer support or creating a scam accusation about it.
Some even blame the entire Paxful for getting scammed during a trade. Some people need to grow up and start to admit their mistakes.
Everyone make mistakes but they can't accept their fault which brings lot of chaos in crypto space so as you said we need to grow up, doing the same mistake for 100 times won't make it as right so everyone have to learn the terms if we violate we may lose our account any time.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 09:42:01 PM

snip~
Everyone make mistakes but they can't accept their fault which brings lot of chaos in crypto space so as you said we need to grow up, doing the same mistake for 100 times won't make it as right so everyone have to learn the terms if we violate we may lose our account any time.
Isn't it quite unusual to see the cases are acted upon instantly on the disobedience of the Terms and Conditions when cryptos are involved? Well, users lose their funds and the company takes them. This isn't doing the right thing but stealing. Also, most of these companies don't pay taxes and don't comply with government regulations. A user gets fucked both ways. I'm glad I don't use any services neither have a reason to.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: