Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Altcoins getting Boycotted?  (Read 3708 times)
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 05:33:33 PM

After reaching a peak Bitcoin dominance is getting dipped day by day and it is at 65.8% now and even BTC is falling from its support of 8400$ which is not so good sign for alts. BTC needs to move steadily or at least sideways for sometime in order for alts to get a good volume inflow. BTC fluctuations at this moment might be common because of halving effect. We may see altcoins pumping again once BTC gets stabilized.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 05:55:50 PM

I really don't think so, I feel only the unreal project might get boycotted am saying this because I know of couple of altcoins that are doing amazingly well

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
Latines

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 06:04:40 PM

I don’t understand why everyone is so categorically opposed to altcoins. Everyone says they need to invest in bitcoin and in top 10. Everything else is coins without a future. But many forgot that the big part of the top 10 at the moment did not hit the top right away. Therefore, you just need to look good, before you could buy any coin, now you just need to think before buying, that's all the changes.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 05:37:27 PM

I don’t understand why everyone is so categorically opposed to altcoins. Everyone says they need to invest in bitcoin and in top 10. Everything else is coins without a future. But many forgot that the big part of the top 10 at the moment did not hit the top right away. Therefore, you just need to look good, before you could buy any coin, now you just need to think before buying, that's all the changes.
What I do not understand is why you do not seem to understand why people are opposed to altcoins, people are so opposed to altcoins because the majority of them are scams and if at some point in time you decided that you wanted to invest in icos then most likely you lost most of your money, the stories of people earning huge amounts of money are exceptions to the rule, most people lost money and in some cases they lost everything that they had to those scammers.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 05:43:25 PM

What I do not understand is why you do not seem to understand why people are opposed to altcoins, people are so opposed to altcoins because the majority of them are scams and if at some point in time you decided that you wanted to invest in icos then most likely you lost most of your money, the stories of people earning huge amounts of money are exceptions to the rule, most people lost money and in some cases they lost everything that they had to those scammers.
But I have another reason that the price of bitcoin is increasing and the altcoins are remained a little bit at back, the reason is that in this year the bull run has been started because of the bitcoin halving and as we all know that this event is for bitcoin so the price of bitcoin will increase and so from now everyone is investing in bitcoin. When people will get the expected profit from bitcoin then they will start their trade with other coins.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2020, 06:22:13 PM

If everyone was opposed to altcoins, then how come they are having a market capitalization of close to $70 billion? The problem is that most of these altcoins are overpriced, and those who invested in them are stuck with their holdings. During the recent months, most of these coins have lost up to 50% of their exchange rates. Now the investors are facing a dilemma on whether to sell them at loss, or to continue to hold them.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 06:58:23 PM

I don't think that they are getting boycotted. They just consider Altcoins as second choice when they invest their money die to risk factors. Bitcoin shows the consistent less risky main coin. They just made their life simple because they know that Bitcoin will not really lose its value overnight.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 09:16:18 PM

It is caused by fear. People are afraid to spend money on cryptocurrencies, especially on those one that are not so popular as Bitcoin. They have heard in medias about Bitcoin many times, but never heard about others, so why they should buy something else? They need a time to understands the potential of altcoins.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
TemTum

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 10:33:24 PM

Tokens such as TemTum are making great progress, 3X since launch, all milestones met, 2 exchanges, a live mainnet, strong use cases

I think only coins with no technical advancements are not doing so well - golden coins like TemTum are out performing the top 10 !
mrSamuel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 11:43:29 PM

Altcoins are boycotting due to high risks. Everyone remembers how the market fell compared to 2017. And many altcoins simply left the market, causing huge losses to their investors. It's easier and safer to invest in bitcoin. However, there are promising altcoins in which you can invest without fear.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 12:47:43 AM

It is caused by fear. People are afraid to spend money on cryptocurrencies, especially on those one that are not so popular as Bitcoin. They have heard in medias about Bitcoin many times, but never heard about others, so why they should buy something else? They need a time to understands the potential of altcoins.
From how they see the situation right now, fear really affecting them from investing to something that they've seen the big risk. Although for those who are inside this business, taking advantages of other's emotions can be a good tool to gained much better success.
Know what you are investing, a good way to attained success from this industry.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 01:00:21 AM

on my understanding , the word boycot means that  some higher people restrict it or ban it  but fear is a different word or has a different meaning  . the reason why bitcoin is popular its because its the first , it has also a better benifits than the others but other coins were also being promoted but not oftently as bitcoin  . for a casual people normally they will prefer that is more familiar and easy for them to understand so they skip those alts  but for a true investor they still consider those as a gem .
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 01:11:34 AM

I really don't think so, I feel only the unreal project might get boycotted am saying this because I know of couple of altcoins that are doing amazingly well
Unreal project means scam project. The crap project will not only be boycotted but that will be also banned by the community as it is a scam project and it will never alive again.
Only trusted project that can bring a huge demand. People are so smart these as they will always try to do deeply research first before try to put their money.
Not all altcoins are getting boycotted but only for scam project.
vyactor

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 01:53:19 AM

No, they're not being boycotted. I know altcoins badly fell off in 2017 while they're in good condition now.
If investing in Bitcoin and Altcoin was only my choice then I'd have went for Altcoin since because of the current market cap. You'll need to understand that there is always a risk in investing money.

Investing in altcoins also lets you learn more about cryptocurrencies in general, so that’s why you should invest in them too. Many people have lost money in altcoins, and it’s only a select few who are able to get massive returns from their money. This is like 50/50 and you'll either have to bare your loss or enjoy your profit.

Altcoins are basically other cryptocurrencies aside from Bitcoin, and there currently are more than 1300 of them. However, you should only look to invest in the top 100 or 200 ranked altcoins, because the lower their rank, the riskier the project is. I personally prefer http://coinmarketcap.com/ to see the current top 100 or 200 ranked altcoins. These altcoins are quite like stocks, in that they each have a price and a market capitalization.
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 02:30:50 AM

Unreal project means scam project. The crap project will not only be boycotted but that will be also banned by the community as it is a scam project and it will never alive again.
Only trusted project that can bring a huge demand. People are so smart these as they will always try to do deeply research first before try to put their money.
Not all altcoins are getting boycotted but only for scam project.
there have been many scam projects found in this forum, unfortunately there are still many who are trying to make new projects with various kinds to try to give effect to traders or investors who still do not have the experience of knowing the difference between scam projects or not to participate and invest there.
a little information for all new members in this forum you can see all the project scams here

Creator : ICOEthics
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5110020.0

Creator : TalkStar
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5179931.0

Creator : tvplus006
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5181153
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 02:34:07 AM

Altcoins are boycotting due to high risks. Everyone remembers how the market fell compared to 2017. And many altcoins simply left the market, causing huge losses to their investors. It's easier and safer to invest in bitcoin. However, there are promising altcoins in which you can invest without fear.
Altcoins are still the investment of choice because this is the fastest way to make a profit and this year most of the altcoins I know are in very high growth. I think there will be many new projects this year for you to consider investing in the future but be careful because not all projects bring good profits for you. In addition, you can also join IEO at some high liquidity exchanges if you like because this is the investment form that many people choose.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀