Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:42:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [FEATURE] Option to select subject titles as favorite for this forum  (Read 239 times)
alamjob239 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 12:24:39 PM

[FEATURE] Request to have option to select subject titless as favorite for this forum. It will be nice if I can organize all the subject
title organize because there are many subject titles that I want to go back and read for reference. Is it possible to have this feature for this forum.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2324
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 12:53:17 PM

You can use WatchList

Profile > Notification & email > Choose this one:
Automatically watch topics after replying to them.
You can click Do it to activate that one: You can add all of your posted-in topics to your watchlist.

And after logging in your account, you can use that page to view and manage your WatchList page: https://bitcointalk.org/watchlist.php

But I would prefer to use bookmark feature of browsers or manually save my favorite topics in sheets of excel.
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 01:05:52 PM

Bookmarking all your favorite topics could lead to a pile of saved links and it would create difficulty when sorting them as the links will not bear the name of the topic.
You can create a note with the links to your favorite posts and add a little description beneath it to guide you when sorting through.
There is no in-forum feature for that function at the moment.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
yehestielsiburian

Activity: 314
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 02:03:15 PM

I think to filter favorite topics already in this forum.
Look at the picture :

If you like to talk or your favorite discussion about Bitcoin,Development & Technical,Mining,Bitcoin Technical Support, and Project Development . You can go to Bitcoin Board , If your favorite discussion about Economy , you can go to ECONOMY BOARD , If your favorite discussion is talk Other or Off topic you can go to Other Board , if you like to discuss about Cryptocurencies you can go to Alternate cryptocurrencies Board , If you like to talk about bitcoin forum using your own language you can go to Local Board.

Each board has its own subboard for the choice of favorite topics that you like. This is the answer for alamjob239 , I hope this answer can make you feel satisfied.
Enjoy the forum  Grin
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2324
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 01:34:50 AM
Merited by Upgrade00 (1)

Bookmarking all your favorite topics could lead to a pile of saved links and it would create difficulty when sorting them as the links will not bear the name of the topic.
You can create a note with the links to your favorite posts and add a little description beneath it to guide you when sorting through.
There is no in-forum feature for that function at the moment.
You can create as many folders in your bookmark page as you wanted, with good folder names to remind you which posts or topics stored in each bookmark folders.

For example, you can create a main folder: Bitcointalk
Then, creating sub-folders:
- Forum rules
- Plagiarism
- Pyramid/nested quotes
- Merit system
- Miscellaneous
- theymos' opinion.
- Mine (for your good posts or topics).

For each bookmark link, you can also give a name for each link. From my experience, using bookmark is more convenient than saving links in Excel sheets.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 08:25:10 AM

I don't expect your feature to be implemented, as this is something you can easily do client-side. There are millions of websites, and it would be a terrible idea if all of them have to implement their own bookmark system, while instead your browser can handle all of them at the same place.

What webbrowser are you using? I don't think I've ever seen a browser that saves bookmarks without the <title>.

You can create as many folders in your bookmark page as you wanted, with good folder names to remind you which posts or topics stored in each bookmark folders.

For example, you can create a main folder: Bitcointalk
That is exactly what I did a long time ago.

yehestielsiburian

Activity: 314
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 04:45:40 PM

For each bookmark link, you can also give a name for each link. From my experience, using bookmark is more convenient than saving links in Excel sheets.
This seems like a good idea, so far I only save it in Excel, but using bookmarks is easier to use. Thanks for the idea
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2019, 10:40:26 AM

You can use Bitcointalk++ userscript to do this, in case you do not want to keep it in bookmarks.
After installing the add-on, you need to go to the specific comment or reply given and click on Add to bookmarks.
Bookmarked tpics will appear to you as shown in the image below.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██