Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:02:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are owners of this forum? (Bounty Manager or Users?)  (Read 866 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4154

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 08:44:11 AM

Is the OP still confused? I think i should just drop my opinion although it won't be different from what most well reputed users on the forum have said but it might add some additional thoughts, first the OP should understand the bounty campaign aren't regulated by the forum so they're a body of their own but since they're been hosted on the forum, they're obligated to follow the guidelines of the forum's unofficially rules and regulations, that's why most of their campaign rules is drafted out of that of the forum. (e.g no spamming etc)

That a campaign doesn't accept alts doesn't automatically mean you can't have alt on the forum although since they (campaign) have stated clearly you won't get paid when you're caught that's the punishment you will get. And in the scenario of recieving red tagged, it's due to the fact your actions can be deem untrustworthy on the forum since you were willing to cheat a member of the forum (the BM). If you observe most bounty managers don't tagged bounty cheaters but definitely they won't pay them since that repercussion was already indicated on their campaign rules.

PS: Your freedom ends where the BM freedom begins, you have freedom to have alts but the BM has freedom not to accept your alts into his campaign and when you try to cheat your way in by denying the BM he's right, you get the consequence of your actions

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2019, 11:18:35 AM

Additional:
The forum rules say "you can use alternative accounts".
Rules don't say, "You can't join the same ad campaign."
I have not follow all the comments in this thread but just few before this quoted post above. Your answer is here already given by the user taufik123.

The OP seems to be clueless and cannot distinguish between Forum rules and Bounty rules.

And you indeed is having problem to understand it. Read his full post.

I hope it already made sense to you.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 10:35:20 PM

Reading the particular rules of a bounty as stated by Royse777 will let you know if you are able to use multiple accounts in that bounty. Noone is saying do not have multiple accounts. Managers just have rules that they expect everyone to follow.

Some managers allow multiple accounts, some don't. I think most bitcoin paying signature campaigns do not allow a user to have multiple accounts in a campaign. Bounties are where that rule is much different. Some allow multiple twitter accounts, some allow multiple facebook accounts, and some allow multiple accounts in anything they are paying a bounty for. It's all about reading the rules.

This also goes both ways when it comes to the scambusters. They need to read the rules of a bounty before outing users that used multiple accounts and trying to get them tagged.

There are many people trying to accuse people who own multiple accounts by checking their wallet address. I am sure you know this. And I am a victim. No matter how I explained it, they still didn't accept it. As a result, I have a lot of negative trust. Even when I and my friends were working together on this forum, I received an additional negative trust. And you see, I can't take part in any campaign right now  Undecided

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 05:48:34 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

Wow,Looks like the thread blew up with TOAA coming into the fray. Haven't really read yet whats going on. Just going to reply oeleo and then read.
I'm struggling to envision a scenario where a brand new account is going to be easier to trade from than an established account, unless the established account is red trusted, in which case making an alt account to avoid the red trust is completely unethical.
There are accounts which maybe established but can be linked back to real world identities without too much work. You want to start some kind of p2p trading and realize that it is better to keep it completely anonymous for privacy purposes. I think in that case someone may decide to start an honest business from scratch with a new account. Those are in fact the kind of scenarios due to which the forum allows unknown alts. Like every other good thing, this is also misused. Humans!!

I'm not sure I'd call them allegations when they have been definitively proven. I'm also not sure I'd say he's tempered, he's just moved most of his activity to another alt account.
That is why I remain so interested in him. He is quite a persevering operator in sneaky activities.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 11:39:44 AM

There are accounts which maybe established but can be linked back to real world identities without too much work. You want to start some kind of p2p trading and realize that it is better to keep it completely anonymous for privacy purposes.
Ahh yeah, fair point. I always forget how much people play fast and loose with their personal details and link all their online activities to their real identity.

Like every other good thing, this is also misused.
I have nothing against alt accounts, and people should be absolutely free to use them to post things which they don't want linked to their main account for whatever reason. My issues are only when people use alt accounts to cheat the system, by enrolling multiple times in campaigns which don't allow it, enter multiple times in to giveaways or competitions, evade bans or red trust, etc.
The-One-Above-All

Activity: 252
Merit: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 03:20:52 PM

From revisiting this thread is is apparent most people simply do not understand the reasoning we have presented. Of course they can not debunk it because it is undeniable once you do understand it.

They are correct that alts should not be permitted but still are promulgating the INCORRECT reasons for this. AKA projects make their own ruled ...end of story.

There is no point continuing to claim alts are not allowed purely because project owners can set their own rules whatever they may be. It is completely moronic. Their rules don't mean shit if they are opening up deliberately honest members to be scams. Do you say scammers have the right to set their own project rules that put them and an obvious and scammy advantage ?? NO that's just because it is clearer to most people that they are DIRECTLY scamming so they call them scammers not project mangers/dev teams, well ..... bounties/sig campaigns are just not as DIRECT so most people do NOT realize this is actually the way the BIGGEST scams operate.

You may as well say scams can set any rules they like since they are the project owners right??

Let us try and explain it in another way that you may understand better.

Say the project owners said ONLY alts are allowed to join are of the first 5 people to join the promotion (sig campaign)(who will be them and their pals since they know exactly when it is launched). It's their rules right?? Imagine a project where a substantial amount of the initial distribution is given in that bounty. So how would that end up??  YES completely dangerous for all members to get involved with. The easier for a few people to control and collude and market make = SCAM or if you don't believe it meets the criteria of scam it is fucking super super dangerous to get involved with or trade those tokens. You want a WIDE initial distribution, the narrower the more dangerous and scammy.

The rules projects make here are NOT UP TO THEM really. Well, they can make any rules they like, but honest members can certainly call them out for dangerous / scam projects and make them pariahs unless their campaign managers provide transparent rules to ensure all members have a fair(ish) chance of acceptance. 

ALTS must be prevented where possible else you are opening up the honest members to be fleeced and scammed. Also if there are only a few high paying sig spots these should be given to the REAL best posters and NON SCAMMERS and rotated if possible if you want it to be fair and not again be open to abuse and kick backs.

If you do not have TRANSPARENT RULES that ensure fair treatment of all members then you have ABUSE AND GAMING = dangerous and scamming. It is not difficult to understand. Have another read and think about it.  If campaign managers can NOT present a clear and strong case where you have been fairly assessed in the context of others that were accepted/denied and demonstrate clearly why you were accepted/denied then they are NOT doing their job and are very very very LIKELY to be corrupt and dangerous. I mean behind the curtain of WE DO WHAT THE FUCK WE WANT FOR WHATEVER REASONS WE THINK BEST  then anything can be going on.

Most DT members here have no clue, most highly merited members here have LESS of a clue. I laugh when I read their reasoning and ideas. Most are likely housewives or other unemployable stay at home dregs. How can you expect them to understand anything that is not completely obvious??

TLDR = no fucking alts in the same project for numerous reasons. FAIR TRANSPARENT RULES where the campaign manager actually does his job and weeds out the best posters ( or posters above a certain threshold of quality) and NO SCAMMERS - first come basis (but watch out if he is selecting the same people who mysteriously come to his campaigns first everytime) perhaps some rotation if that keeps happening to give everyone a fair chance who meets the required thresholds.

Read it, Undestand it, then agree or debunk it.

BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 04:06:37 PM

The forum has a very basic problem and contradiction.
Management says "you can open alternative accounts, this way you can express yourself better"
If the identity of your account is known, you cannot express yourself freely.
So it makes sense to open an alternative account. For free thoughts.

But, Bounty manager and some DT member says, "You can't use different accounts."
That's exactly where all the fights start.

There are enough answers to the OP question but i want to address the statement which is mentioned in the title  

"Who are owners of this forum? (Bounty Manager or Users?)"

For me the USERS are the owner of this forum. Some reputed bounty managers and DT members, Staff , moderators have additional roles which is helping the forum but all of them are still USERS.

The Real Owner of the forum is one and only, Theymos
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 06:27:28 AM

Okay, I am going to do the unthinkable and try to make sense of what TOAA is trying to say here. I think he/ they/ The Swarm does say a lot of things that need to be said, albeit in a different manner. I am just going to try and see what they are saying. I am also going to try to snip some portions of their reply so it makes more sense.

There is no point continuing to claim alts are not allowed purely because project owners can set their own rules. Their rules don't mean shit if they are opening up deliberately honest members to scams.
Should  scammers have the right to set their own project rules that gives them an obvious and scammy advantage ??

IMO, bounties/sig campaigns don't look like DIRECT scams so most people do NOT realize this is actually the way the BIGGEST scams operate.

You may as well say scams can set any rules they like since they are the project owners right??

The question is whether these bounty projects, which are inevitably linked to ICO scams should be allowed to formulate their own rules when they use the BCT forum as a cheap way to spread their scammy tokens?
The opinion that the forum should have certain guidelines that don't allow such scams to be free to make whatever rules they want holds some merit. Yet, this issue has been long settled on this forum. Go to the Sl no: 6 of this message here. It was settled long ago that there won't be any policing. People are free to judge.

Also if there are only a few high paying sig spots these should be given to the REAL best posters and NON SCAMMERS and rotated if possible if you want it to be fair and not again be open to abuse and kick backs.

FAIR TRANSPARENT RULES where the campaign manager actually does his job and weeds out the best posters ( or posters above a certain threshold of quality) and NO SCAMMERS - first come basis (but watch out if he is selecting the same people who mysteriously come to his campaigns first everytime) perhaps some rotation if that keeps happening to give everyone a fair chance who meets the required thresholds.

Read it, Undestand it, then agree or debunk it.
Now, TOAA has come to the issue of Signature campaigns. This is where a@actmyname gave them a chance to come clean.

--snip--
I want you to try a simple thought experiment: start tunneling down to the intent of your transparency, start asking questions like "why do this?" and let me know how the results flow. Smiley
Although he/ they/ the swarm refused to go down the intention rabbit-hole as suggested by actmyname, the intention is that some people think they deserve to be on better campaigns and to be making more SATS here on the forum compared to a lot of others. Hell, even i think that i deserve to be on a comfortable campaign that doesn't make me post 25 shitty posts for 0.002 BTC per week. Unfortunately, and to my continued chagrin, this is where the facts come in:
we don't intrinsically have a right to campaigns, really.
We all wish that the sig campaigns chose us over those who seem to be have much lesser post quality. Yet, a majority of them don't need your content. I was rejected multiple times by pretty famous managers because of non-gambling/ low post count in the past days. I promised that I'll spew a lot of banter but to no avail. LOL.

But yeah, this is how things work in the "25 posts for 0.002 BTC". They want more eyeballs. There are many many users willing to spend more time than me here at the forum. A lot of them are doing much better work compared to me too. So the facts remain, no matter how I may "feel" about my post quality or merit history.

As far as the higher paying campaigns are concerned, I think Darkstar does a pretty unenviable and good job at removing old people and ensuring that a few better ones get the chance. There just isn't enough space at the White-house.
Some of the other high paying gambling ones maybe a bit questionable but more or less, those are awarded fairly. What maybe going on "behind the curtains" is simply conjecture and mere opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: