Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I could be wrong but this IPO could be an opportunity of a lifetime. Opinions?  (Read 2223 times)
hyunsookmom (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:35:15 PM

I'm launching a coin in the near future and will have an escrow service. If I can't find one, I probably shouldn't have an IPO.

People should NEVER just blatantly give their money away. That's fucking stupid.

As long as its not large amounts I personally like the risk taking that is needed to buy into the IPO's. Sure a sensible IPO would have it set up but it doesn't determine if an IPO is legit or not. Buying coins ALWAYS has a risk. Buying Bitcoin has a risk, buying dollars has risk, walking down the street has risks.

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:36:06 PM

DEMAND escrow to hold the funds. If the IPO promoter is serious, he will not come up with excuses.

Good idea but you got to have someone who is willing to do it who has some reputation on this forum. Until someone steps forward we can't know. He has said he will take it, but I didn't see anyone publicly say they would do it. So in that sense its not his fault if no one did it.
That does not invalidate my point. Without escrow IPO participants are at risk.

Furthermore, if the risk/reward is good enough for YOU, it is your business and your decision to send BTC. In this situation however, you are starting a thread promoting and defending the view that OTHERS should send money. It is also YOU that is being called upon. Nobody knows if you're just shilling ...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:37:45 PM

Unless you're you're investing in a scam (WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T INVEST IN), there should be an escrow, a clear-cut plan as to why there is an IPO and what it and the premine will be used for. Any lack of transparency after coin launch is proof of a scam. Find me any other reason.
hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:41:49 PM

Unless you're you're investing in a scam (WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T INVEST IN), there should be an escrow, a clear-cut plan as to why there is an IPO and what it and the premine will be used for. Any lack of transparency after coin launch is proof of a scam. Find me any other reason.

If you check the thread someone suggested an Escrow he agreed and asked the poster if they could be the Escrow provider. He hasn't had a reply. So in that sense he was compliant with the idea.

Its worth noting this IPO was partially free to the first so many posters who showed interest and also the buy in was only around 10 BTC as it is also a POW coin too. So my point is while 10 BTC is nothing its not the large amounts that get thrown at some IPO's that literally people can get rich from, so maybe he didn't think escrow was such a big need.  Personally I wouldn't go to the bother of this elaborate scam for 10BTC.

hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:50:58 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 07:01:47 PM by hyunsookmom

DEMAND escrow to hold the funds. If the IPO promoter is serious, he will not come up with excuses.

Good idea but you got to have someone who is willing to do it who has some reputation on this forum. Until someone steps forward we can't know. He has said he will take it, but I didn't see anyone publicly say they would do it. So in that sense its not his fault if no one did it.
That does not invalidate my point. Without escrow IPO participants are at risk.

Furthermore, if the risk/reward is good enough for YOU, it is your business and your decision to send BTC. In this situation however, you are starting a thread promoting and defending the view that OTHERS should send money. It is also YOU that is being called upon. Nobody knows if you're just shilling ...

Or I found something I think is potentially great, invested in it myself and am sharing about it...If I hadn't made this thread I'm sure no one would of seen this coin buried under all the garbage on this forum. I'm not suggesting anyone does anything, I'm highlighting what is already there and asking for opinions and discussion.

Demand Escrow then, I'm saying the guy wants to but no one will do it so far. I could do a million threads trying to promote something but people are free to act as wisely or stupidly as they want. I assume most on here are adults. We are not talking about being at risk of some life threatening disease we are talking about about 0.01 of a digital currency. Keep you emotions grounded in reality. Everyone on here knows they can lose money on coins in minutes on exchanges. I wont patronize people here and assume most here know the risks. Personally I got scammed once on a real scam, I still think it was the best lesson I learnt so far.

jonnysomething

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:02:42 PM

If you check the thread someone suggested an Escrow he agreed and asked the poster if they could be the Escrow provider. He hasn't had a reply. So in that sense he was compliant with the idea.

Its worth noting this IPO was partially free to the first so many posters who showed interest and also the buy in was only around 10 BTC as it is also a POW coin too. So my point is while 10 BTC is nothing its not the large amounts that get thrown at some IPO's that literally people can get rich from, so maybe he didn't think escrow was such a big need.  Personally I wouldn't go to the bother of this elaborate scam for 10BTC.

You highly under estimate what people will do for $6000.

He should have been offering an escrow service. One person saying "you should offer an escrow" and him replying with "can you be my escrow?" is not really trying that hard.
hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:10:27 PM

Thing is you got to take my points in relation to the complete lack of interest in what could be a great IPO.

I know it looks a lot like a scam. My point is in that situation I'm trying to give an opposite view to something to get at the truth. If tons of people were investing in this I would be the first one to say we should be cautious. Thing is we have a different situation where almost no one has touched it.

jonnysomething

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:13:17 PM

"A scam is a scam, no matter how small" -Dr Crypto Seuss
hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:21:23 PM

Unless of course its not...

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:42:48 PM

I like it when poop tries to appear sophisticated

jonnysomething

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:13:21 PM

Alright. So what purpose does this coin serve? Who will be buying it other than people hoping to get rich? Who will be spending it on products, and where? Where will this coin be used that bitcoin or litecoin can not?

Basically: Why does this coin need to exist?
hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:15:01 PM

Alright. So what purpose does this coin serve? Who will be buying it other than people hoping to get rich? Who will be spending it on products, and where? Where will this coin be used that bitcoin or litecoin can not?

Basically: Why does this coin need to exist?

You know you are in the alt coin section, right?

Well as clone of NXT then it will have tons more features than Bitcoin and Lite, IF it exists. Its a silly question and shows you don't know much about current developments in Cryptocurrencies. You've actually shown the hole in your thinking and argued against Bitcoin not for it.

And so to throw the question back at you, what does Bitcoin do that Dogecoin or Tittiecoin can't do?

hyunsookmom (OP)

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:49:42 AM

Now the coin IPO is being supported by a relatively good escrow I don't know why others haven't got on board this coin. I had to risk my money and still have if not legit but now people can invest safely. I think its getting covered over by crap coins. Its a NXT clone that's min-able, that's got to be pretty interesting if and when its launched.

micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 03:14:07 AM

I don't know.. i wouldn't invest in it.  I have invested in other things like GPUC and HVC looked like some effort was put in which required investment.

Most coins are just fun hobby projects.. it doesn't require people to invest even $1000 to do it.  People are paying just way too much for very little return.

Checkout PDR.. no IPO, we just doing it for free, hobby project: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524080.0

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Fatih-Brahman

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:22:44 PM

You don't have to be an early bird when you buy coins when they will come out. Wink
There is less risk and mostly a high potential of its value.
Remember my words.  Wink
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 06:03:40 PM

You don't have to be an early bird when you buy coins when they will come out. Wink
There is less risk and mostly a high potential of its value.
Remember my words.  Wink

Very true. Don't be afraid of missing the 'next big thing' because if the coin is going to rise in value, you have plenty of time to get in.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: