Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:05:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think it's a good idea to convert some of your BTC to GOLD?
Yes - 37 (60.7%)
No - 24 (39.3%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to GOLD  (Read 2540 times)
Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 04:19:54 PM

I think everyone looking to really build a portfolio and all you are sitting with is gold then yeah I would definately convert some to gold.  Even if bitcoin outperforms gold that is fine. 
gold is always your best bet to gain profit in long term purpose as the behavior of gold like everyone already knows. even bitcoin is the fastest way to actually earn money but it's not that case if you can't get anything from it as the price right now is really bad honestly. would prefer to invest on gold instead in this situation.

The price is really bad for bitcoin, then that's when you want to buy, and sell when the price is really good (higher)  you need a really bad market to make money in a good market no way around that, just have to get comfortable when things are red  Wink
yes its like take profit but with high risk, buy bitcoin and sell in higher price is risk for trader. especially for now the bitcoin price look bad if you buy now you will need more time to get profit so in this case i think better to convert your bitcoin to gold especially to investment for long term gold is good choice.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 06:49:32 PM

yes its like take profit but with high risk, buy bitcoin and sell in higher price is risk for trader. especially for now the bitcoin price look bad if you buy now you will need more time to get profit so in this case i think better to convert your bitcoin to gold especially to investment for long term gold is good choice.

gold and bitcoin have in common that we buy the item and hope that the price will increase, or there are other people who will buy ours at a higher price, the principle is to speculate, but this is the fact that you buy gold or bitcoin for to make a profit or to avoid inflation.
californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 08:32:53 PM

Yes I think it would be a good thing to convert BTC to GOLD especially since i am an American and our money is based on the value of gold. Right now BTC is not really recognized as money in the UNITED STATES but I hope it will be soon enough.

hate to burst your bubble but your USD fiat hasn't had any relation to gold in quite some time

Man... USD has not been redeemable for gold since the end of Bretton Woods Agreements in 1971, pretty much opening the pandora box.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_11110

At least, you're in the right place here. lol

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 01:20:23 AM

Yes I think it would be a good thing to convert BTC to GOLD especially since i am an American and our money is based on the value of gold. Right now BTC is not really recognized as money in the UNITED STATES but I hope it will be soon enough.

hate to burst your bubble but your USD fiat hasn't had any relation to gold in quite some time

Man... USD has not been redeemable for gold since the end of Bretton Woods Agreements in 1971, pretty much opening the pandora box

And where's Pandora's box here?

The US trade deficit is covered by the "export" of American dollars. Technically, it should be covered by the dollar inflation which would balance out the differences between imports and exports but since the dollars which make this difference never make back to the US, we can safely assume that these dollars are just another entry in the trade balance of the United States. Simply put, Uncle Sam is exporting his dollars

elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 02:10:54 AM

It is okay to want something for your own sake, but it must be seen for the benefit of many who are directly related should be accustomed. obviously bitcoin is different from gold and in some countries gold investment is very slow compared to course with bitcoin. so it's better to keep bitcoin first.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 08:04:34 AM

It is okay to want something for your own sake, but it must be seen for the benefit of many who are directly related should be accustomed. obviously bitcoin is different from gold and in some countries gold investment is very slow compared to course with bitcoin. so it's better to keep bitcoin first.
I agree that bitcoin is faster in terms of creating returns for its investors but we should remember that there are different type of investors, there are conservative and there are risk takers who can risk majority of their capital for a higher and faster reward. For me, gold is a good investment to diversify some of our money so we can have a back up for bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 08:12:48 AM

When comparing it to gold? I will go with gold.

I am not saying that Bitcoin is bad, but it is just that it is gold. And gold will be gold, Bitcoin will be Bitcoin. Bitcoin has higher risk despite its higher probability of giving profit than gold. As gold is quite stable, Bitcoin is quite the volatile one. In the long run, I will go with gold, but for now, I would stick with those two, though I don't have any investment in gold.
SoeNan89

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 08:15:24 AM

I agree that bitcoin is faster in terms of creating returns for its investors but we should remember that there are different type of investors, there are conservative and there are risk takers who can risk majority of their capital for a higher and faster reward. For me, gold is a good investment to diversify some of our money so we can have a back up for bitcoin.
Investing with Bitcoin is certainly too risky but also very profitable, you have to be really ready if your assets will run out in a flash or grow to 100%.  Meanwhile, if investing with gold, it will always be stable of your assets. I agree investment with gold is the right choice in this era.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 08:36:38 AM

You might want to hold your horses there fellow member. There is not going to be an acceptance of bitcoin into massive proportions without massive anti-bitcoin movements. See although here you might see the pro-bitcoin attitude but trust me, out there it is not so. Because here members are those who are interested and trading bitcoin thats why this target population is responding like this.

But trust me, the people of this world dont really believe all things bitcoin stands up to. The percentage of bitcoin users is still very low even in America. Now gold is an investment you thus would want to keep aside for future. There is no guarantee that in future your country will be pro-bitcoin whatever the situation now is. Then what would you turn to? So keep both and see what happens in future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cutesgirl

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:25:56 PM

The same investment way between bitcoin and gold but have different way to get much profit, with bitcoin we can earn profit with short time and by investing with gold need one year to see gold change to higher price, but for safety investment is only with gold where your money keep satble and never have inflation value,
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 12:38:56 PM

The same investment way between bitcoin and gold but have different way to get much profit, with bitcoin we can earn profit with short time and by investing with gold need one year to see gold change to higher price, but for safety investment is only with gold where your money keep satble and never have inflation value,

Well you are right that investment in gold is safe because of its stable value but i think people do investment for the sake of profit and in gold there is no potential increase in price which means that you have just hold your money and nothing else, while in case of bitcoin everybody is sure of profit even it is smallest but yet there is profit.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 09:49:49 AM

Well you are right that investment in gold is safe because of its stable value but i think people do investment for the sake of profit and in gold there is no potential increase in price which means that you have just hold your money and nothing else, while in case of bitcoin everybody is sure of profit even it is smallest but yet there is profit.
It's true that investing in gold is much safer than bitcoin because of it's stable price, but in my own opinion investing in bitcoin is much better, even it is a risk because you could earn more profit to it when the price of bitcoin will increase it's price. It is the reason why more people are buying bitcoin today.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 11:38:43 AM

It's true that investing in gold is much safer than bitcoin because of it's stable price, but in my own opinion investing in bitcoin is much better, even it is a risk because you could earn more profit to it when the price of bitcoin will increase it's price. It is the reason why more people are buying bitcoin today.
I agree that investing in bitcoin has a lot of profit potential but you should not put all of your capital in one basket and you should learn how to diversify because diversification or well spread risk is the best in long term basis because you will not be at high risk of losing money since you have different sources of income that you can rely on even in a financial crisis.
Triffin

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 03:54:23 PM

No it is not good idea at all because investing in good can never be better than bitcoin we know bitcoin is best coin that has so many investors and since long it’s improving in price. It’s volatility that gives people profit so we should keep investing in bitcoin and use gold but in limited quantity just to wear on occasions.

petuel

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 04:20:14 PM

Investing with Bitcoin is certainly too risky but also very profitable, you have to be really ready if your assets will run out in a flash or grow to 100%.  Meanwhile, if investing with gold, it will always be stable of your assets. I agree investment with gold is the right choice in this era.

I don't really understand why are you putting it like that.
You can look at USD/GOLD chart and will notice - it is damn volatile so you can lose your money pretty easily.
At this point the safest place to keep your funds is stock market (I mean big companies with low risks like ferrari or apple)
riso2015

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 04:42:01 PM

Investment with Bitcoin You must be prepared to accept the risk, because Bitcoin Investment is indeed full of risk, but most people choose Bitcoin because they can quickly become rich when prices rise. For the type of investor who does not dare to take risks, they will take gold as their investment asset.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 04:48:12 PM

I think this is not the best time to change BTC for anything. The bear market is over or it will end soon and price increases will start. We know very well that gold is not able to grow as much as cryptocurrencies at the moment. The risk of further falls of BTC price is small and the potential for growth is very high. This is the main reason why I would stay with BTC.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
jhontwis

Activity: 756
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 10:45:38 PM

I've been trying to make more sensible plans lately. Gold is the right choice. I bought both gold and Ethereum. Bitcoin price is moving too much. I'm still hopeful for the Ethereum. I think 2020 will be the year of the altcoins. So you can: D
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 06:00:33 AM

I'm a high risk investor so I will not "yet" convert my bitcoin to gold unless the market crashed. I said "yet" on purposely because I plan to convert it when the financial crisis comes. Even I'm a high risk investor, I still have plan to protect my funds and by converting my bitcoin to gold can help my funds to be protected. Gold is a safe investment and it can help us to survive if the financial crisis will come.
Shasha80

Activity: 1876
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 06:18:54 AM

In my opinion it is not a good idea to convert Bitcoin to Gold, because in 2020 bitcoin will rise and the price is likely will return to $ 20k.
Moreover, bitcoin will happen halving this year, if we look at the history of halving bitcoin then it's likely this year halving will also make
the price of bitcoin rise. Therefore, if we convert to gold, we will miss the opportunity to earn big profit. So in my opinion you should
convert to gold postponed first. If we succeed in getting profit from bitcoin, the profit can be converted into gold.

BIGGEST AND MOST
TRUSTED FULLY LICENSED
CRYPTO CASINO
▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄
▄█████████████▄
███▀▀███████▀▀███
█▀      ▀█▀      ▀█
███████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
█████████████