Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long will existing encryption last?  (Read 2149 times)
elenag742

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 03:36:46 AM

Current encryption innovation goes to be less steady than we recently anticipated.

Bitcoin encryption and personal keys are going to be unprotected by 30.

In any case, just significant activities chipping away at it'll accomplish this accomplishment and expectation that none of them will ever assault Bitcoin.
 Smiley Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Voland.V (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 120

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2020, 09:10:39 AM

Current encryption innovation goes to be less steady than we recently anticipated.

Bitcoin encryption and personal keys are going to be unprotected by 30.

In any case, just significant activities chipping away at it'll accomplish this accomplishment and expectation that none of them will ever assault Bitcoin.
 Smiley Smiley
--------------------------------------
Nobody really knows when it's time for the Bitcoins to be completely vulnerable. Everyone here has different opinions.
I agree with those who are in a hurry, who want to speed up the transition of block-chain technology to more robust encryption algorithms.
But the key problem will never be solved in the future and will be just as dangerous as it is today - because of the possibility of compromising it.
As long as the encryption used by the user has the same key for all the information that the user encrypts, there will be a danger that not only the key will be stolen, but also cryptanalysis.

For these reasons, I don't think it makes much sense to implement more robust cryptography and leave the keys as a necessary encryption component.

Scammers don't break cryptography, they steal keys.

And a normal person, always wonders how to do that?
But statistics on cybercrime clearly show what can and isn't as difficult as we might think.
Yes, and most importantly, the keys cannot be stored in human memory, we have to trust the devices, and this is a vulnerability.

The only radical solution to the key problem is their absence. There is keyless encryption technology. Essentially, it is a technology that encrypts every little piece of information - with different encryption schemes, as if it were similar - encrypting every little piece of information - with new keys that are not passed from user to user, are not stored anywhere, and any new encryption rule (as if a new key) cannot be calculated from the old encryption rule (as if the old key) knowing only the encryption and the old encryption rule (old key).
This is the new technological solution to the key problem.
Voland.V (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2020, 09:27:56 AM

The number of attacks is constantly growing, the main vector of which is theft of keys and passwords. All over the world, confidential user data, including keys, passwords and user IDs, are fraudulently transferred or banally sold. It is possible to attack through keys and passwords quietly, crushingly, for a very long time, imperceptibly. What are the consequences of these crimes? Why is the statistics of this type of cybercrime steadily growing? 
The root of our protection is so weak that there are ready-made programs in free access for stealing private information and selling complex package solutions, which can be used even by an inexperienced cheater. The resource that dedicates humanity to fighting cybercrime is steadily growing, but we have not seen adequate positive results. 
The conclusion is obvious - the modern security system available to an ordinary user does not cope with its tasks and probably can only protect us from the same ordinary user, the user, but not a trained attacker.
Perhaps this is done intentionally, a real race of cyber weapons is unleashed. Perhaps some people are comfortable living in such a translucent digital world? Who knows? Who knows, is silent..
Voland.V (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 05:56:05 AM

The Office of Advanced Research Projects of the U.S. Department of Defense (DARPA) has signed a contract with ColdQuanta to create a new quantum computer.
As we were informed, the construction of a quantum computer for 1000 cubic meters will be possible in the next 40 months.

According to Bo Ewald, CEO of ColdQuanta, within the next 40 months, under the terms of this contract, a machine will be created which will consist of 1000 (one thousand!!!!) cubic meters, and it will be able to make the necessary calculations ... to create the drugs and... (it's not interesting and probably not true that it will be used for this) - and to break the ciphers.

All this suggests that users of today's asymmetric key cryptography have less and less time left. I don't think 1000 kbit will be able to crack a key longer than 2000 bits, but I think 10,000 kbit will appear after a 1000 kbit quantum computer. That's the problem.
In 40 months, the era of quantum cryptography for a strong world and keyless encryption for ordinary people will begin.
If there is much talk about quantum cryptography, then keyless encryption methods are considered fiction and not worthy of public attention.

jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2020, 12:15:06 PM

The Office of Advanced Research Projects of the U.S. Department of Defense (DARPA) has signed a contract with ColdQuanta to create a new quantum computer.
As we were informed, the construction of a quantum computer for 1000 cubic meters will be possible in the next 40 months.

According to Bo Ewald, CEO of ColdQuanta, within the next 40 months, under the terms of this contract, a machine will be created which will consist of 1000 (one thousand!!!!) cubic meters, and it will be able to make the necessary calculations ... to create the drugs and... (it's not interesting and probably not true that it will be used for this) - and to break the ciphers.

All this suggests that users of today's asymmetric key cryptography have less and less time left. I don't think 1000 kbit will be able to crack a key longer than 2000 bits, but I think 10,000 kbit will appear after a 1000 kbit quantum computer. That's the problem.
In 40 months, the era of quantum cryptography for a strong world and keyless encryption for ordinary people will begin.
If there is much talk about quantum cryptography, then keyless encryption methods are considered fiction and not worthy of public attention.

Is it really possible to have that kind of computers that could do so much cryptography? Really our world now are going through so much in computerization and it will be a matter of fact when all of the advance technology will become more advance. We had already seen heart transplant in medical and there is also a study about head transplant. I do not know if it was being successful but it is indeed true that a certain man who is sick and had having hard time on his condition made him decide to volunteer for the said experiment.

Computerization is really great and hoping that it will be apply to do things for comfort and not just creating it by the purpose of doing evil things.
Voland.V (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2020, 06:58:42 AM

Is it really possible to have that kind of computers that could do so much cryptography? Really our world now are going through so much in computerization and it will be a matter of fact when all of the advance technology will become more advance. We had already seen heart transplant in medical and there is also a study about head transplant. I do not know if it was being successful but it is indeed true that a certain man who is sick and had having hard time on his condition made him decide to volunteer for the said experiment.

Computerization is really great and hoping that it will be apply to do things for comfort and not just creating it by the purpose of doing evil things.

-------------------
In fact, no matter how much computing power a person invents, no matter how fast the computer that will be used to break cryptography, this battle will always be won by cryptographers, because mathematics is endless now, it can work with any numbers. And technologies are always finite for the present moment in time, so they are always limited in their capabilities.
I pay attention to modern cryptography, and raise the topic of its long or short life, precisely from the point of view of the availability and use of keys for encryption. No matter how perfect cryptography is, the presence of a key always instantly weakens it to zero in the event of an attack. All modern attacks are attacks to steal keys and passwords. And not a single attack from fraudsters - not on cryptography.
All talk about the threat of quantum computing is a false trail.
All conversations should be about how to protect the user from theft of keys, passwords, phishing.
It is this vector - no one discusses or, in the best case, offers "password managers" or two-factor authentication. And that and that way is a utopia, and cyber defenders pumping money out of users. This is their way of being and, moreover, forever. They do not offer a solution to the problem at the root, but polish an outdated mechanism.
I suggest looking the other way.
We need cryptography without a key and authentication without a password, and this means the main thing - without any permanent, long-assigned digital identifier.

Although many of my posts were deleted by the administrator, something remained here, this is the topic I'm trying to discuss there:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5204368.60
ichi

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2020, 11:47:16 AM

This couldn't be a danger, in spite of the fact that there are various amazing supercomputers these days, encryptions are made in crypto to totally scramble information. I realize somewhat about hashing however I'm not a PC proficient individual. I accept, what we are utilizing are hashing calculations that principally not permitting the information to be decoded returning to its source. Also, that innovation makes it the most secure and solid for individuals. Before long, these ground-breaking supercomputers won't be centered around decoding previously existing information, yet principally to make more grounded encryption.
Voland.V (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 09:11:26 PM

This couldn't be a danger, in spite of the fact that there are various amazing supercomputers these days, encryptions are made in crypto to totally scramble information. I realize somewhat about hashing however I'm not a PC proficient individual. I accept, what we are utilizing are hashing calculations that principally not permitting the information to be decoded returning to its source. Also, that innovation makes it the most secure and solid for individuals. Before long, these ground-breaking supercomputers won't be centered around decoding previously existing information, yet principally to make more grounded encryption.
You are wrong if you think that supercomputers and other technical innovations can improve the quality or reliability of encryption.
Good cryptorgery is not a technology and technique, but mathematics and the thoughtfulness of a system that creates a cipher on paper. This is theory and science, not a supercomputer.
Voland.V (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2020, 06:56:18 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 09:37:54 PM by Voland.V

Supercomputers can only help those who attack cryptography (cryptanalysts) or your security (hackers). In addition to all of the above, you should understand that your security will be attacked not through hacking cryptography, but through hacking the systems that protect your crypto keys and passwords.
Today, artificial intelligence is beginning to serve hackers, fraudsters, and other security attackers, not the other way around. This is no longer a theory, but a statistic. For example, artificial intelligence picks up passwords to your account using your social graph.
Interesting question.
We all use cryptography, although we don't notice it, because it is built into our security systems, is inside them.
We also use keys to our ciphers, but we don't know them, we haven't even seen them.
The question is, if they were switched, with ones that someone else knows, would we be able to notice it?
That is the question, the answer to which can change the attitude to cryptography based on keys and to authentication based on passwords or other stable factors - as a vestige of old technology, as a source of potential danger, and not vice versa.  
Voland.V (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2021, 12:28:35 PM

---------------------
There is no way to predict the level of future computers based on information about today's technology.
This has always been the case. But one thing is clear, in general terms, that technology will evolve. Therefore, first of all, the technology of stealing and phishing our confidential data, our keys and our passwords will develop and become more and more dangerous.
Fraudsters will never attack cryptography, any cryptography, even the weakest one - they won't. They will always steal keys and passwords.
Therefore, the time of key-based modern cryptography, in general any post-quantum cryptographic system based on keys - is a thing of the past.
We are waiting for totally new technologies of keyless encryption, passwordless authentication, a world without phishing.
In fact, it seems fantastic, seems silly and irrelevant.  But this has always been the case, the most fantastic assumptions have always come true and surprised people of the future, how someone in the past was able to foresee our future.
Think about it.
What will happen to our security when computers are millions of times more powerful than they are today? Will our security increase or decrease? This is not as simple a question as it may seem at first glance.
I invite discussion. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: