Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:45:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IPL Mutual Pool Discussion.  (Read 1883 times)
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 06:55:12 PM

or will they move it to 3rd or 4th quarter this year ?

Schedule of all T-20 Domestic leagues.

You can see other countries already has their own T-20 leagues to run and in between everybody has International / Bilateral cricket commitment as well. So i would be very surprise if IPL moves into Q3 or Q4. Its safe to say No_IPL this year.

Edit : And don't forget we have T-20 world too this year (Oct). Even WC could get cancel if situation gets out of the hand.

T-20 World cup will be in 2021 as now its going to disturb PSL next year or may be played in February today check few talks about CPL as West Indies Cricket Board is still in limbo about this event but will announce all in next few days things are not good for this years IPL hopefully we will able to be normal in next few months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
March 26, 2020, 10:17:42 PM

^^^^ If they goes ahead with a mini-IPL , then it is going to be a historic blunder. First of all, many of the international players won't be available. And adding to that, the revenue will be much less than what they are expecting, since the duration will be curtailed. And additionally, any mini-IPL this year can have a negative impact on the revenues for next year (for IPL 2021). It's not rocket science. All Sourav Ganguly has to do, is to call a press conference and inform that the IPL for this year is cancelled. They need to reimburse the sponsors, franchises and the players. But given how vast their reserves are, I don't think that it is going to be a problem for the BCCI.

Yes, bad choice in terms of quality if they go with mini IPL. Some fans might be okay with it which i can understand.

About Financial loss and reimbursment ; I think BCCI already has some kind of insurance for this. Not sure or don't know any details but its very much possible.

This calendar looks very tight and the situation we are in now is going to change it massively to cope with the re-scheduling. Let's hope that we go back to normal lifestyle very soon.
Indeed, Jam packed.

T-20 World cup will be in 2021 as now its going to disturb PSL next year or may be played in February today check few talks about CPL as West Indies Cricket Board is still in limbo about this event but will announce all in next few days things are not good for this years IPL hopefully we will able to be normal in next few months.

Not sure about CPL as i don't know much about it but for PSL its early to say "PSL schedule clashing with T-20 WC".

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 12:57:50 AM

About Financial loss and reimbursment ; I think BCCI already has some kind of insurance for this. Not sure or don't know any details but its very much possible.
Million dollar event and being insured is just common sense.

Check this: https://www.livemint.com/sports/cricket-news/cricket-in-times-of-coronavirus-lot-at-stake-as-ipl-targets-smooth-start-11583411197345.html
There are multiple practical reasons why the T20 extravaganza will be held as per schedule

It was too early LOL

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 07:18:59 AM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (2), JSRAW (1)

Check this: https://www.livemint.com/sports/cricket-news/cricket-in-times-of-coronavirus-lot-at-stake-as-ipl-targets-smooth-start-11583411197345.html
There are multiple practical reasons why the T20 extravaganza will be held as per schedule

It was too early LOL
Wow. That article is dated March 5th. Hope those paid journalists have either revised their views. I think it is hugely irresponsible to assume that holding IPL would have no consequence. The article also took hope from the fact that Tokyo 2020 is going to be held as scheduled, which is now postponed.

I hated that last quote. "We will see if people come or not due to corona scare. If tickets are bought then stadiums will be packed". Could these people be anymore irresponsible? Why are they even talking about money when it is about lives? Just what we need to do is to maybe pass time with some online slots or follow esports of some sort for now.. Roll Eyes
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 07:37:08 AM

or will they move it to 3rd or 4th quarter this year ?

Schedule of all T-20 Domestic leagues.

You can see other countries already has their own T-20 leagues to run and in between everybody has International / Bilateral cricket commitment as well. So i would be very surprise if IPL moves into Q3 or Q4. Its safe to say No_IPL this year.

Edit : And don't forget we have T-20 world too this year (Oct). Even WC could get cancel if situation gets out of the hand.

If we move any tournaments, there will be lot overlapping between the tournaments and some players may not be available for some tournaments. Since we have cricket all over they year, there is no free space where tournaments can be shifted. The only option is to cancel the tournaments which cannot be played on the scheduled time.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 08:10:45 AM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (2), akhjob (1)

Yeah, its Billion dollar brand so insurance is obvious thingy but i was not sure about the details, still not... Undecided

It was too early LOL
looking back at old content (related to IPL speculation) it seriously looks like some serious quackery.

off topic - but its funny  Grin
Honest Government Ad

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 08:31:11 AM

This video made my morning. 2 sMerit for sharing it :-D

Wow. That article is dated March 5th. Hope those paid journalists have either revised their views. I think it is hugely irresponsible to assume that holding IPL would have no consequence. The article also took hope from the fact that Tokyo 2020 is going to be held as scheduled, which is now postponed.

I hated that last quote. "We will see if people come or not due to corona scare. If tickets are bought then stadiums will be packed". Could these people be anymore irresponsible? Why are they even talking about money when it is about lives? Just what we need to do is to maybe pass time with some online slots or follow esports of some sort for now.. Roll Eyes
The change is very dramatic. It was very quick and in around 20 days we are experiencing the opposite news now the media people are busy spreading fears among people especially those politicians in some of the countries. I hope everyone is listening qualified doctors and not listening the social media experts.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 11:10:36 AM

Found in WO  Grin
The change is very dramatic. It was very quick and in around 20 days we are experiencing the opposite news now the media people are busy spreading fears among people especially those politicians in some of the countries. I hope everyone is listening qualified doctors and not listening the social media experts.

Surprisingly majority of Indian media house and politicians are acting very responsible in comparison of many countries (it gives some hopes) and they are avoiding unnecessary fear-mongering with one motto. "Take precautions but no panic"

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2020, 04:50:26 PM

Star Sports purchased the IPL right at a rate of $510 million per year. I am not sure how much of it will be reimbursed by the insurers, but the BCCI is going to take a huge hit. Adding in the franchise fees and sponsorship, the total loss may exceed $1 billion. I am not sure about the insurance deductibles and limits, but I guess BCCI will have to bear at least 50% of the losses (someone please correct me in case I'm wrong).

BTW, you guys need to take a look at this:

https://www.insidesport.co/no-insurance-protection-against-coronavirus-to-ipl-stakeholders-insurance-expert/

The Indian Premier League stakeholders will have to bear any and all losses if the 2020 season is called off due to Coronavirus menace. The COVID-19 impact had been excluded from the insurance covers for the IPL Season 13.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
March 27, 2020, 05:52:11 PM

Found in WO  Grin

Surprisingly majority of Indian media house and politicians are acting very responsible in comparison of many countries (it gives some hopes) and they are avoiding unnecessary fear-mongering with one motto. "Take precautions but no panic"

Most of good reponses coming just because of Italy Spain because too many Videos on social media and peoples realizing if they will not act as good citizen then surely they will be on losing side like these countries so good and responsible is in their own favour hopefully this all will end soon and we all will be normal.
JohnBitCo

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 04:25:53 PM

Found in WO  Grin

Most of good reponses coming just because of Italy Spain because too many Videos on social media and peoples realizing if they will not act as good citizen then surely they will be on losing side like these countries so good and responsible is in their own favour hopefully this all will end soon and we all will be normal.

Its now very clear that there will be no IPL this year. The world is unable to deal with coronavirus and i doubt that we can even see any sports for 3 -4 money after the virus disappeared, as a precautionary measure.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 05:08:35 PM

Yeah, otherwise high density cities could turn into war-zone situation. take the recent example of migrant workers who are facing their worst nightmare in Delhi. Before Delhi-UP were trying to ignore them due to their petty political ego, lack of responsibility, miscommunication or whatever the %4#% reasons. But after media outrage/coverage they are taking actions.

Cheeky insurance company  Grin

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2020, 06:03:21 PM

How can the insurance companies run away from this and do not cover the coronavirus ? The life insurance or medical insurance covers everything including coronavirus. Now these insurance companies seems to be in trouble as number of deaths started to increase. I think government should take action on it and players insurance should be protected against coronavirus.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 28, 2020, 06:21:35 PM

snip...

Its now very clear that there will be no IPL this year. The world is unable to deal with coronavirus and i doubt that we can even see any sports for 3 -4 money after the virus disappeared, as a precautionary measure.
Possibly without any spectators it may happens but we are not sure how long it will take to completely eradicate this virus.And also more research coming that corona 19 can end up as seasonal attack like sars so it may disappears as how it appears in most unexpected way but at the same time it may attack the people next season which maybe months or years.
JohnBitCo

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 04:51:49 AM

snip...

Possibly without any spectators it may happens but we are not sure how long it will take to completely eradicate this virus.And also more research coming that corona 19 can end up as seasonal attack like sars so it may disappears as how it appears in most unexpected way but at the same time it may attack the people next season which maybe months or years.

If you remember, the PSL last few matches were played without any spectators , but there were also not risk free. We had the news that one of the Players of a certain league showed the symptoms of coronavirus and the tournament was immediately stopped.
The idea of playing without spectators is good one, but this virus is far more dangerous and no player would want to take any risk.
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 06:22:00 AM
Merited by JSRAW (1)

Wear n95 masks ad stay away from any individuals while you are working.Be safe buddy. Smiley
Thanks for the concern. My work will be ensuring the proper movement of essential goods and services in the state, mostly supervising work. So, I guess that I would be roaming around the city in the vehicle allotted. And I heard that the vehicles are disinfected daily and that they will provide masks.  But the one thing that I learned is that using N95 Masks/Respirators are not advisable to be used unless you are a health care personnel, who attend to the infected or having respiratory issues. It just gives you false hope to the user and unnecessary usage will only result in the hike of mask prices. The most effective recommendation from WHO is maintaining hand hygiene and social distancing. Check:- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks.

snip...

This would be the most possible outcome. Earlier it was discussed that to avoid Players travel across states, the matches are to be restricted to Maharastra as the state has 3 stadiums in Mumbai and 1 in Pune. But at the moment, Maharastra reports the highest number of COVID 19 affected cases in the Country. With the current increasing numbers, I believe the nationwide lockdown in India until April 14 will be extended and we'll have to forget IPL for this year.    
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:30:33 AM
Merited by JSRAW (1)

snip...

If you remember, the PSL last few matches were played without any spectators , but there were also not risk free. We had the news that one of the Players of a certain league showed the symptoms of coronavirus and the tournament was immediately stopped.
The idea of playing without spectators is good one, but this virus is far more dangerous and no player would want to take any risk.
I am not saying that we need to have IPL at the moment without any spectators, oly if virus is under control and there is no more lockdown situation still tournaments have to be played without spectators.
Wear n95 masks ad stay away from any individuals while you are working.Be safe buddy. Smiley
Thanks for the concern. My work will be ensuring the proper movement of essential goods and services in the state, mostly supervising work. So, I guess that I would be roaming around the city in the vehicle allotted. And I heard that the vehicles are disinfected daily and that they will provide masks.  But the one thing that I learned is that using N95 Masks/Respirators are not advisable to be used unless you are a health care personnel, who attend to the infected or having respiratory issues. It just gives you false hope to the user and unnecessary usage will only result in the hike of mask prices. The most effective recommendation from WHO is maintaining hand hygiene and social distancing. Check:- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks.
I will say don't risk your life,wear mask when you are at outside environment because it is proves that virus can be alive in the air for 3 to 4 hours so who knows it may hit you while you are roaming and at the time if you don't have any mask on then it will straightly go inside.
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 07:11:33 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2020, 07:25:22 AM by akhjob
Merited by JSRAW (1)

I will say don't risk your life,wear mask when you are at outside environment because it is proves that virus can be alive in the air for 3 to 4 hours so who knows it may hit you while you are roaming and at the time if you don't have any mask on then it will straightly go inside.
Of course, I am going to use the mask when they are given by the Government for free. But, COVID 19 ranges < 0.2 microns and travels via aerosols particles of the size range 0.5 - 3 microns resultant from coughing or sneezing, while the respirators can only filter particles >0.3 microns. Maybe it will block the aerosols not the virus. I believe that it's a common misconception that masks/respirators are going to protect us from viruses.  
Anyways, sorry for derailing this topic towards Corona. Let's stick to the possibility of having IPL this year. Smiley

Edit: Got some facts wrong edited accordingly.
pakhitheboss

Activity: 2114
Merit: 774

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 07:45:52 AM

Of course, I am going to use the mask when they are given by the Government for free. But, COVID 19 ranges < 0.2 microns and travels via aerosols particles of the size range 0.5 - 3 microns resultant from coughing or sneezing, while the respirators can only filter particles >0.3 microns. Maybe it will block the aerosols not the virus. I believe that it's a common misconception that masks/respirators are going to protect us from viruses.  
Anyways, sorry for derailing this topic towards Corona. Let's stick to the possibility of having IPL this year. Smiley

Edit: Got some facts wrong edited accordingly.

What I am aware of is tha the virus is the size of 1/5 of water molecule, so mask is useless if you think it will prevent you from this virus but, it is beneficial to others if you already have the virus and do not want others to have it. The only preventive measure that you can take is to stop putting your hand on you face. Which of course is difficult as we tend to put our hands 23 times on our face in one hour.

That's why the emphasis is on cleaning our hands constantly with sanitizer or soap.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2020, 02:13:36 PM
Merited by JSRAW (1), teosanru (1), akhjob (1)

Can I slightly take this discussion off-topic? Because I want to have a debate about the player salaries.

I came across this article recently:

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1123792/who-gets-paid-what-in-cricket

And I was surprised to learn that the annual contract pay for Steve Smith ($1.469 million) was greater than that of Virat Kohli ($1 million). And even more surprising is the fact that within the Indian team, the individual with the highest package is the coach Ravi Shastri (popularly called "Damaadji" in India), with a package of $1.17 million per year.

Here is how Shastri's salary compare with the salary of other coaches:

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: