Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:34:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IPL Mutual Pool Discussion.  (Read 1883 times)
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:28:48 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2020, 11:24:29 PM by JSRAW

And I was surprised to learn that the annual contract pay for Steve Smith ($1.469 million) was greater than that of Virat Kohli ($1 million).

This Article and numbers focus on contract only so annual contract is not solid criteria for complete picture IMO if we are analyzing total income.

Indian cricketers earn less in annual contract but their majority of income comes from endorsement and this not apply for foreign cricketers, for example if we check Virat's annual income then he earns approx $20-24 M annually alone from endorsements (We can add annual contract too)so they are okay with it. In comparison Steve Smith only earn $4-5 Million and Australian players were fighting with CA ( 2017-2018 salary dispute which was led by David warner) over annual salary because they don't gets much endorsements.

Ravi Shastri
He's disappointment and overpaid though. couple of years back people were questioning his package due to his fuckery, they still do.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 02:33:00 PM

The virtual IPL has started. Can we have a Pool for that ?
I guess it will keep the things interesting and we can enjoy despite being in lock down.

I got an email from sportsbet has launched a simulated version of IPL to bet on the matches. The results of these matches will be based upon AI.
So, we can also watch these simulated matches too or you will only show the result ?
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 02:50:17 PM

I guess it will keep the things interesting and we can enjoy despite being in lock down.

I got an email from sportsbet has launched a simulated version of IPL to bet on the matches. The results of these matches will be based upon AI.
So, we can also watch these simulated matches too or you will only show the result ?
Interesting. I haven't checked sportsbet for a while. Will do later tonight. But how AI will detect the result is a big question. Will it be based previous records of players? If available, can you please share some blog from sportsbet on this?
Regarding pool, I don't think it's possible because superbru won't have that option as the actual tournament is yet to be started.

JohnBitCo

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 03:40:05 PM

Interesting. I haven't checked sportsbet for a while. Will do later tonight. But how AI will detect the result is a big question. Will it be based previous records of players? If available, can you please share some blog from sportsbet on this?
Regarding pool, I don't think it's possible because superbru won't have that option as the actual tournament is yet to be started.

Here you go.

teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 04:05:14 PM

Looks like sportsbet are going to continue betting no matter if matches happen in real or not  Grin they have found a new way to keep minting money. But I think this would be really partial. Wouldn't they automatically make the team on which they earn more win? I mean it's really awkward AI could be biased towards the house? Let's see what's the response of gamblers on such a thing personally i didn't liked it even a bit.
Can I slightly take this discussion off-topic? Because I want to have a debate about the player salaries.

I came across this article recently:

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1123792/who-gets-paid-what-in-cricket

And I was surprised to learn that the annual contract pay for Steve Smith ($1.469 million) was greater than that of Virat Kohli ($1 million). And even more surprising is the fact that within the Indian team, the individual with the highest package is the coach Ravi Shastri (popularly called "Damaadji" in India), with a package of $1.17 million per year.

Here is how Shastri's salary compare with the salary of other coaches:

I think it's primarily due to differences of cost of living and purchasing power in India and Australia. A million dollar in India has much more purchasing power than $1.469 Million in Australia. Maybe this is why it looks like this to you. This is the sole reason why Indian celebrities look underpaid in front of there US counterparts even though Indian celebrities have crazy fan following.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2020, 06:27:06 PM

I think it's primarily due to differences of cost of living and purchasing power in India and Australia. A million dollar in India has much more purchasing power than $1.469 Million in Australia. Maybe this is why it looks like this to you. This is the sole reason why Indian celebrities look underpaid in front of there US counterparts even though Indian celebrities have crazy fan following.

Nope... I never said that the Indian players are underpaid. That is how the system in India works.

In India, we have 37 first-class sides and each of these sides have U-16, U-19, U-23 and Women's teams. The domestic cricket structure in India is huge, and it is almost 10 times the size of any other nation. The BCCI has to support huge number of players (many thousands) and they need to pay for facilities, scorers, umpires, curators.etc. So the national players are paid a smaller percentage of the total revenues when compared to the other countries.

In Australia, they have only 6 first-class sides. So a larger proportion of the revenues can be paid to the national players. That said, Indian players earn much more than the Australians or the Brits, from various sponsorship and endorsements.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2020, 07:15:55 PM

Looks like sportsbet are going to continue betting no matter if matches happen in real or not  Grin they have found a new way to keep minting money. But I think this would be really partial. Wouldn't they automatically make the team on which they earn more win? I mean it's really awkward AI could be biased towards the house? Let's see what's the response of gamblers on such a thing personally i didn't liked it even a bit.

If they do not cheat with the AI, then it would mean that the results will be based on the pervious performance of the players and team. So if anyone who can analysis properly the past performance, they could predict the right winner of most of the matches.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 06, 2020, 08:34:40 PM

If they do not cheat with the AI, then it would mean that the results will be based on the pervious performance of the players and team. So if anyone who can analysis properly the past performance, they could predict the right winner of most of the matches.
If they are taking into consideration the past results and performance then Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians will be the strongest teams and MS Dhoni is the best captain in the IPL and when it comes to the number of runs scored Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina and Rohit Sharma and even if they have all the data how can we expect the outcome to be fair. Will see how it goes and then will plan on waging a bet.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 02:19:55 AM

~snip~

Where in sportsbet? Can't find the section... Cricket section seems empty to me or i am missing something here?

cost of living and purchasing power in India and Australia.
-Edited out-
we have 37 first-class sides and each of these sides have U-16, U-19, U-23 and Women's teams. The domestic cricket structure in India is huge

--Edited out--

In short BCCI pay almost 10k professional cricketers including retired cricketers.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 02:02:04 PM

Here you go.

Doesn't sound too cool TBH. Who will verify that Sportsbet isn't cheating? I know they are such a reputed site that they won't go cheating but still as long as you don't have any clue whether they are cheating or not, I wouldn't recommend to bet.
On the other hand, if AI get the results from historical matches, it's pretty easy to build an AI for yourself with all the available data from IPL and bet as per your result, in that way, you can beat their AI, however, if the result doesn't be the same as sportsbet, they will definitely be cheating but there will be no way to claim that.

JohnBitCo

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 03:18:48 PM

Here you go.

Doesn't sound too cool TBH. Who will verify that Sportsbet isn't cheating? I know they are such a reputed site that they won't go cheating but still as long as you don't have any clue whether they are cheating or not, I wouldn't recommend to bet.
On the other hand, if AI get the results from historical matches, it's pretty easy to build an AI for yourself with all the available data from IPL and bet as per your result, in that way, you can beat their AI, however, if the result doesn't be the same as sportsbet, they will definitely be cheating but there will be no way to claim that.

To tell you truth i also do not know how the algorithm will work at the back ground. Anyone here betting on sportsbet on this virtual IPL matches can better share the experience with us. I was excited to get the email about this from sportsbet but look like it will not be successfully among the gamblers.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2020, 04:11:43 PM

In short BCCI pay almost 10k professional cricketers including retired cricketers.

As far as I know, contracts are not offered to domestic players. Their earnings mostly composes of match fees. But at the end of every season, the BCCI pays them a fixed amount (surplus from the budget). These are the match fees for domestic players:

4 day matches (Ranji Trophy): ₹160,000 per match
ODI and T20 matches: ₹40,000 per match

U-19 and U-16 ODIs: ₹12,000 per match
U-23 ODIs: ₹40,000 per match
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 04:39:53 PM

As far as I know, contracts are not offered to domestic players. Their earnings mostly composes of match fees. But at the end of every season, the BCCI pays them a fixed amount (surplus from the budget). These are the match fees for domestic players:

4 day matches (Ranji Trophy): ₹160,000 per match
ODI and T20 matches: ₹40,000 per match

U-19 and U-16 ODIs: ₹12,000 per match
U-23 ODIs: ₹40,000 per match

I was not objecting per se.. But was backing your statement by giving lump sum numbers of players who are solely dependent on BCCI.

About match fees of domestic players, guess its based on experience (old-new) right now.

This article is good
https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/indian-domestic-cricket-salary-increased-enough

BCCI might introduce Contract for domestic players too.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/monetary-boost-domestic-players-to-get-contracts/story-HkYlVBwGauapKIxkXGqR9H.html

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 08:55:19 PM

To tell you truth i also do not know how the algorithm will work at the back ground. Anyone here betting on sportsbet on this virtual IPL matches can better share the experience with us. I was excited to get the email about this from sportsbet but look like it will not be successfully among the gamblers.
I am also waiting for someone to verify how this virtual IPL will match up and how the algorithm plays out, it is an experiment by them and there is no way to understand how they have set the algorithm but the house edge they will be having will favor them and it might depend upon the number of bets they receive. Looks like a lottery but with better odds to win Cheesy.
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2020, 02:50:51 AM

Where in sportsbet? Can't find the section... Cricket section seems empty to me or i am missing something here?
Bitcoin featured bookies are not always cricket friendly. You can try bet365. As far as I know they are the biggest but you will have to deal with fiat money.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2020, 01:30:59 PM

I am not going to support this move. For the national team, it is OK. For domestic teams the team selection is not being done in a transparent manner and there is a lot of bias and nepotism. So in the end we'll be having sub-standard players getting the contract (at the expense of the good players) and they may play only a handful of matches during the entire season. I would rather go for the current system, where the salary is decided based on the number of matches played.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 08:32:19 AM

Bitcoin featured bookies are not always cricket friendly. You can try bet365. As far as I know they are the biggest but you will have to deal with fiat money.
Never tried it, will check out once situation gets better. Although i like crypto betting more.

I am not going to support this move. For the national team, it is OK. For domestic teams the team selection is not being done in a transparent manner and there is a lot of bias and nepotism. So in the end we'll be having sub-standard players getting the contract (at the expense of the good players) and they may play only a handful of matches during the entire season. I would rather go for the current system, where the salary is decided based on the number of matches played.

Not going to deny that nepotism and bias doesn't play any role in domestic cricket as this is harsh reality but i feel that contract based system can help players for simple reason - Financial stability - with this players can concentrate on 4 days cricket instead of IPL gigs, BCCI should also introduce grade system in Domestic level too similar to national team  (Top grade players should receive big contract)

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2020, 05:42:26 PM

Not going to deny that nepotism and bias doesn't play any role in domestic cricket as this is harsh reality but i feel that contract based system can help players for simple reason - Financial stability - with this players can concentrate on 4 days cricket instead of IPL gigs, BCCI should also introduce grade system in Domestic level too similar to national team  (Top grade players should receive big contract)

Hmm.. well.. let them come up with the contract system. But then, there should not be any reduction in the match fees for the players. But the current domestic system needs a revamp. For example, Uttar Pradesh (with a population of 250 million) may be having 14-15 contract players and at the same time states such as Sikkim and Chandigarh (with population less than 1 million) may have similar numbers with the same salary band. It is going to be unfair to emerging cricketers in larger states such as Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.

BTW, I would like the IPL to be expanded to 10 teams. Right now, the teams are concentrated in South and West of India, with the Central and Eastern parts scantly represented. I would like one additional team from UP/Bihar and one more from Madhya Pradesh or Orrissa.
JSRAW
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 07:07:36 PM

~snip~

Hmm.. well.. let them come up with the contract system. But then, there should not be any reduction in the match fees for the players. But the current domestic system needs a revamp. For example, Uttar Pradesh (with a population of 250 million) may be having 14-15 contract players and at the same time states such as Sikkim and Chandigarh (with population less than 1 million) may have similar numbers with the same salary band. It is going to be unfair to emerging cricketers in larger states such as Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.

BTW, I would like the IPL to be expanded to 10 teams. Right now, the teams are concentrated in South and West of India, with the Central and Eastern parts scantly represented. I would like one additional team from UP/Bihar and one more from Madhya Pradesh or Orrissa.

Players can always migrates to other state, they do all the time and its working quite well for many players.

I am in favor of extra teams playing in any tournaments, be it IPL ( even WC). I would like to see one team from northeast too.

OFFICIAL
PARTNERS
2022/23
    █ ▄█       ▄▀ ▄▀▀
  █▐▌▌▌▌      ▄▀ █▀▄▀
  ▀█▄▀▌▀▄    ▌█▄███▀
  ▀█▀█▄▀ ▀▄▄▐██▀▄█
    ▀▄███▄▄▀▄▀▌▐▀
  ▄  ▄▀▀█▄▄▀▄▀▄█
   ▀▀████▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▄
 ▄
  ▀▀▀▄▀▀▄█▄█▀ █▀    ▄
▐█▌
       █▄█▄       ▐█▌
▐█▌██▄ ▄▄
▄██▄▄▄ ▄██▐█▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███▀██▀███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▌
 ▀▄█▄
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀ ▄█▄▀
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
    ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄    ▄     █
   ▄███████▄ ▀██▄   █
█  ▄███▄ ▄▄█▄▄███▄  █
  ▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄█▀▄▄▄▄  █
  ▄████ █ ▀ █ ████▄  █
  ▀████ ▄▄▄▄▀  █
█   ▄▀▀▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▀ ▀  █
█  ▀ ▀▀▄██ ██▄▀▀ ▀  █
▀▄ █▀▀▀ █▄█ ▀▀▀█ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀ ▄▀
▀▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▀
▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
BURNLEY FC
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN   
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2020, 07:16:49 PM

Players can always migrates to other state, they do all the time and its working quite well for many players.

I am in favor of extra teams playing in any tournaments, be it IPL ( even WC). I would like to see one team from northeast too.

I don't want the smaller states to be dominated by players who are not from their ethnic background. For example, I have seen teams such as Meghalaya and Chandigarh, with hardly 2-3 native players in their playing XI. This may have a negative impact on the growth of cricket in these states. Do these teams even deserve a chance to play in the Ranji Trophy? Chandigarh isn't even a state. It is a Union Territory composed of half-part of a city.

BTW, I would love to have one team from the NE in the IPL. But the problem is that there are very few recognized players from that region. Assam and Tripura have been playing Ranji Trophy for many decades now, but till date very few of the players have caught the attention of the national selectors. Other teams such as Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur have started playing very recently.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: