Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:25:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solutions  (Read 956 times)
fatsy (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:48:49 PM

My solution for gun control is a combination of several lubricants to make the gun fire easier, thereby reducing drag on the trigger, and giving the shooter better controle that way.

I have many solutions in the medical research arena... depending on the kind of research we are doing. A simple glucose solution will do for calibrating (zeroing out) a standard gas chromatograph. See Medicine man (1992), with Sean Connery and Lorraine Bracco.

Cheesy
Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Devil's advocate question: How will your idea save lives?

Well, there are two ideas... the gun idea, and the research idea.

Common people with the gun solution will have a better chance of hitting the terrorist before he can kill more people.

The glucose solution will make it so that the gas chromatograph readings are more accurate, thereby making more accurate medicine the research outcome... saving more lives medically.

Cool
So, several lubricants on guns will save lives? Cause that's what I was referring to. Not the glucose thing.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:51:14 PM

My solution for gun control is a combination of several lubricants to make the gun fire easier, thereby reducing drag on the trigger, and giving the shooter better controle that way.

I have many solutions in the medical research arena... depending on the kind of research we are doing. A simple glucose solution will do for calibrating (zeroing out) a standard gas chromatograph. See Medicine man (1992), with Sean Connery and Lorraine Bracco.

Cheesy

Common people with the gun solution will have a better chance of hitting the terrorist before he can kill more people.

The glucose solution will make it so that the gas chromatograph readings are more accurate, thereby making more accurate medicine the research outcome... saving more lives medically.

Cool
So, lubricants on several places on guns will save lives? Cause that's what I was referring to. Not the glucose thing.

I take it that you are not a gun person?     Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 11:03:39 PM

Cheesy

Cool
So, lubricants on several places on guns will save lives? Cause that's what I was referring to. Not the glucose thing.

I take it that you are not a gun person?     Cool
I love guns. I have a 9mm Glock, a S& W .45 revolver, and a Cobray M11.

Unfortunately, I came down with ALS 12 years ago so I can no longer enjoy them.
PopoJeff

Activity: 414
Merit: 182

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 11:13:17 PM

What freedom and liberty? The freedom to shoot and kill anybody at will?

Ok, you are just a troll..
By
Why are you calling me a troll? What am I doing that's troll-ish?

Ive been nothing but honest, respectful and logical with responses to your ideas and theories.  The reason this fellow is calling you a troll is your dismissive attitude towards any contrary logic or facts.  You've done absolutely nothing to show how this will actually work/succeed, and offer defensive retorts to opposing thoughts. There have been zero replies supporting your ideas working, and a plethora indicating otherwise.

Like the statistics I posted above. Your response is "think it doesn't matter to that .0038% ?".  Thats simply an assanine response.  You are being shown facts that clearly indicate your perceived solutions for a problem dont work, will not work, and really isnt a statistical issue in the grand scheme of things.

You want to save a few kids from irresponsible parents, fine. I'm cool with that.  Maybe this will help in that department. But we've already shown you it has major flaws, even for that application.
That's your opinion.

I've asked others to share their ideas, including you, and have gotten no replies.

Perhaps others are afraid to voice their ideas in fear of getting flamed.

Me, I don't give a shit what other people think of me. So I'll just keep posting until I don't feel like it or I get banned (It wouldn't be the first time.)

^^^^^ exactly what I'm talking about.  You shared an idea. It wont work. You've been shown it wont work. Yet you still defend it.  And you never requested ideas from others.  This is your thread, about your ideas.this is why liberals are laughed at. Your liberal ideas seem wonderful in theory to yourselves. But when you take the first step of implementation, the implosion occurs.

If my opinion, and the opinion of literally everyone else who responded, are wrong..... then go ahead and implement your grand solution and prove us wrong.
How do know for sure that my ideas won't work if they'd never been tried?

Again, WHAT ARE YOUR IDEAS? LET'S HEAR THEM. Please.

Have you read none of the 5 previous pages?   You were offered several reasons why this will not work. The easiest to comprehend are the lack of reliable cell phone coverage in the US, and the fact you expect gun manufacturers to create 383,000,000 guns for free. You skirted right over those, and never explained how you would surmount those hurdles.
I never offered any ideas to solve your perceived problem. One theory I'd support is somehow creating less pansy-ass millennials who think the government can save them.

Home garage miner: (3) S19j pro
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 01:16:53 AM

I do, however, live in the real world where I don't have to worry about attacks from deer, Russians, or zombies. ...

How about you do what you want, and I'll do what I want?

Or what I think is best for my protection and that of my family?

Obviously, you've never encountered a hostile wild pig, a rabid dog, been involved in a carjacking, or many other real world things.

If you insist on trying to devise a scheme for others, who have other realities that yours, you will look foolish.
No, I haven't been involved in any of those things.

I just thought of solutions to some problems. I know that these solutions won't work for everyone but at least it's a start. I don't see any other solutions. Do you?

Sure. First you have to accurately define the domain in which a proposed "solution" applies. You forgot to do that. So please let us know if we are looking for a solution for "gun control" a long term underwater nuclear submarine, or a island with fourteen people, or perhaps a unwed mother's home. Or some other group/sub-society of your choosing.
fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 05:34:30 PM

I do, however, live in the real world where I don't have to worry about attacks from deer, Russians, or zombies. ...

Obviously, you've never encountered a hostile wild pig, a rabid dog, been involved in a carjacking, or many other real world things.

If you insist on trying to devise a scheme for others, who have other realities that yours, you will look foolish.

I just thought of solutions to some problems. I know that these solutions won't work for everyone but at least it's a start. I don't see any other solutions. Do you?

Sure. First you have to accurately define the domain in which a proposed "solution" applies. You forgot to do that. So please let us know if we are looking for a solution for "gun control" a long term underwater nuclear submarine, or a island with fourteen people, or perhaps a unwed mother's home. Or some other group/sub-society of your choosing.
Let's start with this...

Targeted Domain: All hand guns and rifles

Purpose: To make the guns safer by equipping them with Smart Gun Technology (SGT.) This technology will make the guns safer by preventing the accidental firing of the gun. A biometric feature built in the handgrip, for example, will allow the gun to fire only by the owner or a designated person(s) The technology would also record the last time the gun was fired, by whom, and how many rounds were fired.

Cots: No cost to the owner but subsidized by the the federal government to help the manufacturers with the costs.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 06:02:30 PM

Let's start with this...

Purpose: To make the guns safer by equipping them with Smart Gun Technology (SGT.) This technology will make the guns safer by preventing the accidental firing of the gun. A biometric feature built in the handgrip, for example, will allow the gun to fire only by the owner or a designated person(s) The technology would also record the last time the gun was fired, by whom, and how many rounds were fired.

Cots: No cost to the owner but subsidized by the the federal government to help the manufacturers with the costs.

Why is that not so smart?

Oh, I remember...

https://thehackernews.com/2017/07/smart-gun-hacking.html

Actually, I meant "domain" in the sense of "geographical domain."
PopoJeff

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 06:19:14 PM

Right there is my big NO vote.

Subsidized by the Federal Govt means taxes.  This "problem" affects 0.0044342507645259936% of the population   (327,000,000 population / 14500 homicides by gun)

We already tax the ever living crap out of the working folks. Quit taking my money.... remember a few pages back where i said my YTD deduction are already over $35k?

Guess we could tweak that number a bit if we're just looking at accidental deaths by firearms.  Since we know this wont stop the criminal.
Accidental firearms deaths per year  = 495.   https://www.aftermath.com/content/accidental-shooting-deaths-statistics/

Now we take that 495 accidental firearms deaths per year against the 327,000,000 population.... and here's the percent of US citizens it affects   0.00015137614678899082%

fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 10:11:38 PM

Subsidized by the Federal Govt means taxes.  This "problem" affects 0.0044342507645259936% of the population   (327,000,000 population / 14500 homicides by gun)

We already tax the ever living crap out of the working folks. Quit taking my money.... remember a few pages back where i said my YTD deduction are already over $35k?

Guess we could tweak that number a bit if we're just looking at accidental deaths by firearms.  Since we know this wont stop the criminal.
Accidental firearms deaths per year  = 495.   https://www.aftermath.com/content/accidental-shooting-deaths-statistics/

Now we take that 495 accidental firearms deaths per year against the 327,000,000 population.... and here's the percent of US citizens it affects   0.00015137614678899082%

Tell that to the victims of Sandy Hook, Pulse Night Club, Las Vegas, and the countless others that it don't mean nothing.
fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 10:39:45 PM

Let's start with this...

Why is that not so smart?

Oh, I remember...

https://thehackernews.com/2017/07/smart-gun-hacking.html

Actually, I meant "domain" in the sense of "geographical domain."
I'm glad you brought the article. It just means the technology can be improved.

Look at the locking feature on iphone and how far that technology has come. Why can't we have that feature (the thumb lock) on guns?
PopoJeff

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 10:45:24 PM

Tell that to the victims of Sandy Hook, Pulse Night Club, Las Vegas, and the countless others that it don't mean nothing.

There you go thinking with feeling rather than fact.

The facts show this "problem" is statistically insignificant.

Of course it's significant to the people that are affected.
 But now, all of the locations you mentioned were the result of acts committed by a criminal.  You have still failed to show how this will prevent a criminal from committing a criminal act

fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 11:49:51 PM

But now, all of the locations you mentioned were the result of acts committed by a criminal.  You have still failed to show how this will prevent a criminal from committing a criminal act
That may be so, but how about the crimes or accidents that are committed by stolen guns? Or how about the case where the criminal overpowered the owner and used his gun against him?

Oh right, it don't matter because statistically speaking the numbers are too low to count.
PopoJeff

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 11:53:17 PM

That may be so, but how about the crimes or accidents that are committed by stolen guns? Or how about the case where the criminal overpowered the owner and used his gun against him?

Oh right, it don't matter because statistically speaking the numbers are too low to count.

All the numbers are above.  495 accidental, 14500 homicide.... what you describe now is somewhere in between.  Still statistically not a big issue.

And STILL waiting for you to explain how you will prevent the criminal from being a criminal.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:03:03 AM

Tell you what. What if there was everywhere, some "smart dust" that would instantly clog the mechanism of a firearm if the dust was ordered to do so.

Who would be in control of it? What should they  tell it?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:36:51 AM

All the numbers are above.  495 accidental, 14500 homicide.... what you describe now is somewhere in between.  Still statistically not a big issue.

And STILL waiting for you to explain how you will prevent the criminal from being a criminal.

Those stats don't include cop homicides that are not adjudicated to be so... but really are.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:37:12 AM

I never said the technology will prevent the criminal from being a criminal. A criminal don't care about that.

The technology will prevent the gun from firing when the gun ends up in the wrong hands; besides the owner. i.e. A five year old who got a hold of his daddy's gun. Is the five year old a criminal?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:38:37 AM

I never said the technology will prevent the criminal from being a criminal. A criminal don't care about that.

The technology will prevent the gun from firing when the gun ends up in the wrong hands; besides the owner. i.e. A five year old who got a hold of his daddy's gun. Is the five year old a criminal?

Of course, the criminal will make his guns out of pipes, if necessary.

Cool

fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:47:57 AM

Tell you what. What if there was everywhere, some "smart dust" that would instantly clog the mechanism of a firearm if the dust was ordered to do so.

Who would be in control of it? What should they  tell it?
ROFLMAO! "smart dust!"Good one! lol
PopoJeff

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:51:22 AM

Guess we could tweak that number a bit if we're just looking at accidental deaths by firearms.  Since we know this wont stop the criminal.
Accidental firearms deaths per year  = 495.   https://www.aftermath.com/content/accidental-shooting-deaths-statistics/

Now we take that 495 accidental firearms deaths per year against the 327,000,000 population.... and here's the percent of US citizens it affects   0.00015137614678899082%

But now, all of the locations you mentioned were the result of acts committed by a criminal.  You have still failed to show how this will prevent a criminal from committing a criminal act

All the numbers are above.  495 accidental, 14500 homicide.... what you describe now is somewhere in between.  Still statistically not a big issue.

Why do you act like such a tool?
Did I ever call a 5 year old a criminal?

Let me spell this out for you, since you are missing the most basic of facts laid out in front of you.
I've told you already, if you want to do this for the sake of the 5 year old who gets daddy's gun...cool... go for it. Make the gun, sell it, and let those who think they're not smart enough to own a real gun buy it for the added protection.
But to force it upon the entire country, at the cost of of about 100 billion dollars (approx 300mil guns, avg low price $350ea)... AND expect the government (tax payers) to fund it. For something that affects .00015% of the population..... is absolutely ludicrous.
   (A $30 gun safe/ gun vault offers the child protection your looking for)

And thats just the cost of the guns, not even factoring in your cell phone tech with the call centers and employees, and god know what else.

I'll stop here, as more than one topic point seems to screw up your OODA loop.

fatsy (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:55:07 AM

Of course, the criminal will make his guns out of pipes, if necessary.

Cool
Maybe he was Macgyver lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: