Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KopiemTu 3.0 - ethash & equihash - NVIDIA USB linux distro  (Read 39764 times)
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 09:37:27 AM

Interesting, 750ti in windows 55-65sols (65 with overclock) , in linux 27-30 only.

SOLVED
In background was running another miner Sad Now ~59sols

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:27:02 PM

Hi jk_14

did you try EWBF zcash cudaminer on kopiemtu?

if you did, did you get some output from it? because I mine fine but there is no output at all

nothing with screen -r, and nothing on syslog, i call it from /opt/kopiemtu/miner.sh with.

mine --parameters 2>&1 | logger

works fantastic with all the other miners that does not output directly to syslog, but i get nothing with EWBF miner, I only get some output parameters are wrong of if it cannot connect for some reason it will be visible from syslog otherwise i get no output.

i posted on EWBF thread here, but there is so much spam on that thread that it is very unlikely that the dev will see it hehe.
maybe you solved it  Grin

cheers
Indkt.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:43:50 AM

Hi jk_14

did you try EWBF zcash cudaminer on kopiemtu?

if you did, did you get some output from it? because I mine fine but there is no output at all

nothing with screen -r, and nothing on syslog, i call it from /opt/kopiemtu/miner.sh with.

mine --parameters 2>&1 | logger

works fantastic with all the other miners that does not output directly to syslog, but i get nothing with EWBF miner, I only get some output parameters are wrong of if it cannot connect for some reason it will be visible from syslog otherwise i get no output.

i posted on EWBF thread here, but there is so much spam on that thread that it is very unlikely that the dev will see it hehe.
maybe you solved it  Grin

cheers
Indkt.

Yes, I did it, EWBF out-of-the box with monitoring support is here:

Code:
cd /root; mine stop; monitor stop

wget http://mbl.cash/ewbf.tgz
tar -xPf ewbf.tgz
mine switch
mine start

also I would like to inform you all, that my other project MobileCash is in very interesting phase.
It seems the first real case while crypcryptocurrency is available to "Average Joe" with single-click, for "free",
more details here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1182734.msg17437384#msg17437384

Thank you for spreading the word
(and mining MBL Smiley )

agarwalajay

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:03:51 PM

I cant boot into KompiemTu 3.0 pendrive. I am getting error as 'Boot Error.
UEFI is enabled, Pendrive is selected as 1st option for boot.
Any ideas?
bughatti

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:15:21 PM

does this OS have support for more than 6 GPUs
bughatti

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 12:30:22 AM

Trying your software out I followed the instructions to use ewbf and was able to switch and start with zcl on suprnova.  I see it on my suprnova graph,problem is my miner webpage shows this

Also I noticed it is 150 or so SOL/s slower than Win 10.
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:38:32 AM

does this OS have support for more than 6 GPUs

Hi,

as far as I remember - 6 GPU is the driver limit
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:40:02 AM

Trying your software out I followed the instructions to use ewbf and was able to switch and start with zcl on suprnova.  I see it on my suprnova graph,problem is my miner webpage shows this

Also I noticed it is 150 or so SOL/s slower than Win 10.

such screen means your monitoring process is stopped, so just type such command:

monitor start
groovy1962

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:22:56 PM

Can someone point me to the repo for this?  Or build instructions to build from scratch?

If this is an open source project, I will contribute to it (beyond the six beers, I'll help with code, etc.)

But if it's closed source, I'm going to try and get going with ubuntu instead.

Primary reason for running linux is it is open source and thus more vetted.
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:48:03 AM

Can someone point me to the repo for this?  Or build instructions to build from scratch?

If this is an open source project, I will contribute to it (beyond the six beers, I'll help with code, etc.)

all sources are included, check /opt/kopiemtu directory
induktor

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:51:43 AM

I have been runing JK_14´s Kopiemtu distro for years, and it's rock solid.

you can build your own if you are too paranoid, the scripts are open, the programs he use includes the source codes, so you can see
how he did it.

i can vouch for him and his work, but of course you don't know me either Grin i understand! (there are not a lot of people more paranoid than I am)

all my miners runs on the previous kopiemtu version (2.0) mainly because it is heavily modified for my needs (automation, power metering, lcd display control, etc)

EWBF miner is closed source, there is a ZCASH opensource solver opened recently by nicehash but does not have the miner part AFAIK, for what I've tested, EWBF closed source still is the best way to mine, and yes, i prefer to compile myself as well. (reason why i use genoil's for ethereum instead of claymore  Grin , nah besides genoil's ETH miner works very well! and i already customized enough for my needs hehe)

regards
Indkt

groovy1962

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:42:21 AM

all sources are included, check /opt/kopiemtu directory

Thanks, that's appreciated, and I'm sure this seems ungrateful or I may sound like a jerk.  That's not my intention.  Hosting on Github or Gitlab lets you get pull requests, and lets people look at the development of the software over time.  I think it would benefit you by getting more people helping you. And it makes it easier to do releases and the like. (People can file issues and all that, a lot easier than this mega thread.)

Anyway, I have downloaded it.  I needed to get going this weekend so I've done that, and for my next rig I will use Kopiemtu and learn how it works.
groovy1962

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:45:14 AM

All--

I'm going to build two more rigs.  I'm not satisfied with the motherboards I have now (they were leftover from another project).

So, since these will be NVIDIA rigs, I would like to get recommendations from all of you.

- What motherboards are you using with KopiemTu
- Have you run 6 cards on your motherboard? (and if so, what did you need to change to enable it)
- Any feedback or suggestions for what I should buy.

I'm thinking of either spending real money and getting a Z270 (more PCIe lanes, even though I can't seem to make use of them) and thus maybe more future proof. Or going cheap and getting cheaper motherboards-- especially if I can only get 4 GPUs per board.

Thanks in advance!

(I would search but unfortunately board search doesn't work for me for some reason- takes me to empty google page.)
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:14:06 AM

All--

I'm going to build two more rigs.  I'm not satisfied with the motherboards I have now (they were leftover from another project).

So, since these will be NVIDIA rigs, I would like to get recommendations from all of you.

- What motherboards are you using with KopiemTu
- Have you run 6 cards on your motherboard? (and if so, what did you need to change to enable it)
- Any feedback or suggestions for what I should buy.

I'm thinking of either spending real money and getting a Z270 (more PCIe lanes, even though I can't seem to make use of them) and thus maybe more future proof. Or going cheap and getting cheaper motherboards-- especially if I can only get 4 GPUs per board.

Thanks in advance!

(I would search but unfortunately board search doesn't work for me for some reason- takes me to empty google page.)

I work with used Supermicro X9SCM-F or -iiF, 4 PCI-e, IPMI (remote access to BIOS), stable as rock
induktor

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 12:11:51 AM

Hi jk_14 Smiley

I am working on trying to control fan on the rigs due to shitty GPU fan speed curve on the bios.

most cards runs at a ridiculous low fan speed to enforce planned obsolescence "prevent noise" or so they say, the result is, the card is hot as fuck, and the fan runs at 20 or 25% speed at the most, plain stupid.

this is what i got so far:

activate cool-bits 28:
Code:
service lightdm stop
nvidia-xconfig -a --cool-bits=28 --allow-empty-initial-configuration
reboot

now we can use this to control the fan

Code:
nvidia-settings -a '[gpu:0]/GPUFanControlState=1'

nvidia-settings -a '[fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=80'
this will set fan speed to a fixed 80% PWM.

remember that once GPUFanControlState is set to 1, if you don't set GPUTargetFanSpeed the fan will remain off (0% ) even if the card is burning up!!! so remember to execute both at the same time or before the miner starts.

now this works fantastically well when i have the monitor connected, but if i don't  connect the monitor i get this error (this is where i'm stuck)

Code:
/usr/bin/nvidia-settings -a '[gpu:0]/GPUFanControlState=1'
No protocol specified

** (nvidia-settings:2680): WARNING **: Could not open X display
No protocol specified

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `/usr/bin/nvidia-settings --help` for usage
       information.

I tried to export DISPLAY=:0 but no success.
any ideas?
i don't know what to do, if the monitor is plugged in i can control it fine, but if not, i have that error.
so far i tested it on only one GPU, dunno what will happens when i try to set all the cards but only one connected to the monitor.

will i need HDMI dummy plugs? those are impossible to find here Sad

any ideas greatly appreciated  Grin
cheers
indkt.

induktor

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:29:40 PM

UPDATE on the fan control business  Grin

I managed to force load X even without a monitor connected.

procedure:

this is to explain how to force EDID on XORG.conf so X will run even if you don't have a display attached to it.

we use nvidia-settings from X, go to the panel configuration and top right (sometimes off screen) are the button: Acquire EDID

save the file with the name of our monitor and exit.

now we feed it into the xconfig:

Code:
nvidia-xconfig --custom-edid="GPU-0.HDMI-0:/home/live/Desktop/LG-MonitorEDID.bin"

this will write the new custom edid setting into the xorg.conf (in /etc/X11/xorg.conf)

NOTE: you need to specify properly the GPU number and port type, HDMI-0 or DFS-0 (for DVI) and the correct port number, check that on the nvidia-settings from X screen, that also means that you need one line like that for every GPU you have replacing GPU-0 for GPU-1 and so on.

now
Code:
sync && reboot

once it started you can see with nvidia-smi that /usr/bin/X is running!

Ok that's what i have so far, now i tried to run the:
nvidia-settings -a '[gpu:0]/GPUFanControlState=1'
nvidia-settings -a '[fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=60'

from /etc/rc.local, without sucess, i need to run it in a way that it will be seen from the X display, i have no idea how to do that (yet)
i'll post as soon as i have that, if anyone reading this knows how, please post!  Smiley

NOTE that even if i have the monitor attached, if I ssh into the box from another computer, and try to run nvidia-settings it fails too!!, so there has to be a way to execute commands via SSH that can be seen by the OS as from X, i tried ssh -XY host but doesn't work either.

induktor

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:06:12 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2017, 06:45:21 PM by induktor

UPDATE2 manual control fan

I found it, it seems that you need permissions for connecting to the display, and actually the display is like a tcp socket  Shocked so you need to specifiy it.

(i know i'm clueless, but i can get rid of it by researching which is what i am doing hehe)

this works (as user live):
Code:
nvidia-settings -c :0 -a [gpu:0]/GPUFanControlState=1 -a [fan:0]/GPUTargetFanSpeed=60

but if i try to run it as root, it doesn't.
it seems that you cannot connect to the X display as root.
i have seen references that configuring xhost + will allows you to do that, now... where THE HELL will i put xhost + command on?? WTF?
i have no idea.

i'll keep diggin'it and post here.
but at least i can control the fan now from SSH (have to login as live though) but i wanted to automate it, and i can't until i found the way to run the command as root.

EDIT: progress!
as root:
edit /etc/profile and add this at the botom.

Code:
export XAUTHORITY=/home/live/.Xauthority

now i can run those commands as root via ssh, without the monitor connected Grin Grin

however, if i put them on rc.local, they don't work, damn!, what am i missing?

jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 09:39:39 PM

Hi jk_14 Smiley

I am working on trying to control fan on the rigs due to shitty GPU fan speed curve on the bios.

most cards runs at a ridiculous low fan speed to enforce planned obsolescence "prevent noise" or so they say, the result is, the card is hot as fuck, and the fan runs at 20 or 25% speed at the most, plain stupid.

Hi, Induktor!

very thorough investigation, thanks a lot Smiley

btw: for you card is hot at what temperature?

I have now 65-70C and fan in 40-50% with bios settings, so not too slow it seems, and not too fast neither (for longer life of fans)
induktor

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:54:10 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2017, 11:37:39 PM by induktor

Hi jk_14

evga sc operates at 72 C (with 25C ambient) and the fan is at 28 %, shittiest temperature curve i have ever seen.

even worst than gigabyte, so far the best cooling solution is the asus strix.

Now i am at 55% fan, manual speed and card is at 56C, huge difference!
if i go up to 60% fan, temp lowers even more, to 53C but at 60% the fan starts to make some noise
 (nothing unbearable but noticeable, at 55% does not).

i think 70C is insane, it will kill the GPU in less than a year, keep in mind it's not he gpu but the mem and even more, the vrm/mosfets that usually are 20C above the temp of the gpu core, very close to the mosfet limit (max junction temp).

you know me, i babysit my cards  Grin Grin i am happy if they are below 60C, anything above it, it triggers my OCD rig temp!  Grin

btw: still haven't found a way to automate it, no matter where i put it, it will not auto execute, i have to manually ssh into the box, and run the script i made for it
Code:
./speedset 55

Smiley
cheers
indkt.

lastbit

Activity: 206

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:27:23 PM

Hi jk_14,

I'm trying to run KopiemTu with 2 GTX 1070 FE. Unfortunately every few minutes it switches algo and after few more minutes it restarts.
Also in web interface there is "2 GPUs not OK".
Also tried with only 1 GPU. Same behaviour.
I've tried to lower the power in /root/powerlimit.conf. Same behaviour.

I've noticed that /tmp/failover and /tmp/done files do appear.

Killing monitor seems to stop the algo switching and rebooting.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks,
Lastbit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: