Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KopiemTu 3.0 - ethash & equihash - NVIDIA USB linux distro  (Read 39764 times)
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:59:31 AM

Hi jk_14,

I'm trying to run KopiemTu with 2 GTX 1070 FE. Unfortunately every few minutes it switches algo and after few more minutes it restarts.
Also in web interface there is "2 GPUs not OK".
Also tried with only 1 GPU. Same behaviour.
I've tried to lower the power in /root/powerlimit.conf. Same behaviour.

I've noticed that /tmp/failover and /tmp/done files do appear.

Killing monitor seems to stop the algo switching and rebooting.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks,
Lastbit

probably your ccminer produce output, what monitor is not able to properly discover hashrates from,

just: monitor stop

(and remove files in /tmp like above: failover done reboot
it definitely should correct that issue, while killing monitor never stop the mining...)

P.S. in fact, there is so many new syntax in different ccminer clones, that monitor should be rewritten long time ago (instead of patching it)
I will do it some day - as it is not comfortable for me, too Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lastbit

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 11:52:58 AM

Thanks jk_14!
16c738a74ff2471ee0abd94d73bbdfa191bfebb7b779b345dc6a297c35dcadf9
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:19:01 PM

Thanks jk_14!
16c738a74ff2471ee0abd94d73bbdfa191bfebb7b779b345dc6a297c35dcadf9

thanks a lot, for six really good beers Wink
alexvachon66

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:55:34 PM

How install GUI on it Huh Is it possible to get a quick guide like first thing to do at first boot ( install GUI , how to start miner to mine exemple LBRY , how to see the web panel )

Just get some easy detailled info to start !!!

Thanks and i surely send you a 24 beer without problem !!! I need info quick , my miner was on windows and all always crashing now their offf sooo need to fox those as soon as possible !!!

Thanks again, Alex
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:39:07 AM

The idea of Kopiemtu is to NOT use a GUI, GUI requires resources, and adds unnecessary instability.
command line is the way to go for maximum efficiency.

so, login as root on the box, and do ipconfig | grep addr

copy that address (192.168.0.22 for example, yours would be different)

now get PUTTY (it's a free remote SSH tool, to connect to linux boxes from windows machines)

use putty to connect to the box from your windows machine, entering the ip address, user & pass (user always as root)

also get winscp, it's like a file copy utility, you get one screen is windows the other screen is the remote linux box, useful to edit configuration files from the linux box from the windows machine, it would make your life A LOT EASIER if you are not a linux person Smiley

it's also free, type of connection would be scp.

ok, back to business

you need to create a file in /etc/kopiemtu with the extension .conf that would represent every coin you are going to make.

i recommend look at the files that are already there, and modify them with your data (pool, wallet addr, coin, etc) following the format in the example.

then from the command line mine stop
mine switch several times until you get the file with the name of the one you have edited

mine start
that will start the miner automagically

note , you'll need to have the proper miner for your coin if the coin is not supported obviously will not work until you install, compile and configure the miner in the box,so better to mine a coin that it's already supported.

ok, you got enough to get your hands dirty, try all that and post back.
cya
indkt.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
alexvachon66

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:55:00 AM

Now all work for me in lbry !!!! But another question where and how i can Overclock Huh

And wich miner soft are allready ( wich algo can be mine with pre installed ) installed just to know because i cant compile for now hehehe need to learn again !!!
alexvachon66

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 03:07:56 AM

i got 2 question !!!

1: i installed the ewbf miner , and start it on 2 of my rigs and the 2 have worked , than i try to rechange to lbry and one of the rig doenst seem to start ( i reboot couple time and still the same ) on top of its says 6 gpu not OK. i really dont know why i made nothing wrong i think !!! is there a command to make them work Huh

while i was writting the post the miner has started to mine ( maybe i needed to wait a little bit more !!! ) but the 6 GPU NOT OK still appear but i have hashrate !!! do you know why Kopiem say their not OK Huhhttp://hpics.li/bab18e6

2: i tryed to place KopiemTu on my gigabyte 1060 rig on gigabyte mobo that was working good on windows but the rig dont want to boot its always stopping at ''R 4 line'' . Did this happens to someone ?? i tryed on hdd and ssd multiple time and still the same, tryed to change uefi and legacy too and still the same !!!!http://hpics.li/23ab800

induktor

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 02:02:00 PM

i got 2 question !!!

1: i installed the ewbf miner , and start it on 2 of my rigs and the 2 have worked , than i try to rechange to lbry and one of the rig doenst seem to start ( i reboot couple time and still the same ) on top of its says 6 gpu not OK. i really dont know why i made nothing wrong i think !!! is there a command to make them work Huh

while i was writting the post the miner has started to mine ( maybe i needed to wait a little bit more !!! ) but the 6 GPU NOT OK still appear but i have hashrate !!! do you know why Kopiem say their not OK Huh

2: i tryed to place KopiemTu on my gigabyte 1060 rig on gigabyte mobo that was working good on windows but the rig dont want to boot its always stopping at ''R 4 line'' . Did this happens to someone ?? i tryed on hdd and ssd multiple time and still the same, tryed to change uefi and legacy too and still the same !!!!

Hi
don't worry about the GPU NOT OK in this specific case es because of the hash threshold, jk_14 programmed a threshold, if the hashing is below a certain level, it will detect as the GPU is fucked up and report as "not ok" i will take a look at the code later, but you have hash, the temperatures indicates that all the gpus are working so, don't worry, it's just the hash detection threshold. (or the miner has different output (which is a pain to program because every miner dev nowadays code the output the way they like, instead of use a standard hehe)

about the second question:

use usb flash drive
disable UEFI  (set to legacy)
disable secure boot   (se to non-windows OS)
disable USB 3.0
disable SATA/AHCI interfase completely
connect flash drive on a usb 2.0 (even if the flash drive is 3.0, doesn't matter)
don't use kingston flash drives, they SUCK, use sandisk / adata, they seems to be the best.
don't use 16x risers, use only 1x Risers with power.

try that and post back Smiley
cheers
indkt

alexvachon66

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 11:13:08 PM

Its still not working really i cant figure out why !!! I will try redownloading the kopiem image maybe mine as been corrupted !!! If not work i will try booting on ubuntu ( if ubuntu work !!!

I really cant figure it out my mobo is gigabyte !!!

Please some one i really want to mine using kopiem really like how its made !!!

If not do you have an othernos i could try as windows alternative for easy stable mining ?
alexvachon66

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 11:49:42 PM

And i have an other question too !!! Why when im mining LBRY on suprnova its most of the time working first time !!!
than i installed EWBF and try to mine zcash on suprnova too and its not working !! some time its automaticly change for the zclassic default setting ( i didnt change them ) or its seems too work but hashrate is too high ( like 6500 sols for 6x1070gtx near imposible ) and when its like this on suprnova pool my workers are not active !!!

is someone know what im doing wrong Huh and what should i do if i want to mine on a pool that dont need password and dont need account ?? where i need to place my payout adresss !!!

and is it possible to get skype , google hangout , slack or anything that i can ask for help in real time Huh if it have a pro here that can help me figure out all my question and learn me all details i need to know on KopiemTu ( i can pay if needed ) , i really like the soft but it surely need some guide or something to help noob like me .

alexvachon66

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:31:18 PM

Can i have an exemple of file for exemple mining zcash on a pool that dont ask for user registration exemple nano pool ??

Where i place the coin adress and what do i do whit "pass" as we dont have for that pool ??

Thanks !
induktor

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:32:35 PM

Hi
If you have trouble with kopiemtu switching coins, stop the monitor (service monitor stop i think it is )

this also will stop some other functionality like restarting the miner if it stops working (which almost never happens anyway, i have it disabled) but it would prevent the coin switching which is a pain when it does not detect the hashrate like in your case (gpu not ok thing).

for help on how to configure on a specific pool, go to the pool, and look for help section, 90% of the pools have examples on how to configure every miner.

in the case of zcash , since the miner is very different from ccminer, it is very likely that you will need to modify by hand miner.sh in /opt/kopiemtu and add a line with the specific command of the miner.

if this is the case, analyze if it worth the trouble, unless you have good understanding of linux, it would be a pain to do so.

i have heavily modified kopiemtu 2.0 (to the extent that i no longer be able to use kopiemtu 3.0 because most of my crap does not compile on it hehe) so i cannot give you specific , clear commands to execute, sorry Sad

if the zcash miner is installed in kopiemtu 3.0 , then it's easier, just look on the pool help so you can know how to configure it, also every pool has it's thread here in bitcointalk.
sorry i cannot help you more on this
cya
indkt.
[EDIT] look 1 page back, there is a post of the dev on how to install EWBF miner on kopiemtu 3.0, i forgot about that Smiley

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 06:32:37 PM

well ...

after so many years of watching - im finally downloading this copy - and going to have a look ...

over the coming days - will be testing - and also modding where i can ...

time for an overhaul when thefarm is newly built i think Wink ...

#crysx

antho281

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:02:40 PM

well ...

after so many years of watching - im finally downloading this copy - and going to have a look ...

#crysx

Well hahaha Just downloaded my first copy as well after seeing it on Litecointalk for years !

Small world haha !
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 02:09:02 AM

well ...

#crysx

Well hahaha Just downloaded my first copy as well after seeing it on Litecointalk for years !

Small world haha !

it is mate ...

i never used it ( or any other ) for the simple fact that is uses a debian based dostro for the base os ...

im a rhel user - and fedora is the bleeding edge that we use for thefarm ... it would be interesting to see how this fares - and whether our miner can 'fit' into this distro as well ... though it wouldnt be a difficult thing to do - we dont like messing too much with 'standard' distros like this ..

it seems a job well done in any case - and id like to see how it performs ... as thefarm rebuild is is not an easy one - and having restart it with pascal gpus - this would be a nice addition if it works the way we want it ...

kudos to the dev - from what we have seen so far ...

would like to work towards a fedora / centos - rhel based distro though for us ...

when should we continue our chat over what we started to talk about a few months ago mate? ...

Wink ...

#crysx

alexvachon66

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 12:17:27 PM

Is someone is able to make some modification in this build ?? I really like using it and have lot of idea to make it better but i dont have the skills to realise them !!!!

I can pay if someone is able to make that work !

Thanks
lethax

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:46:40 AM

Ive been tweaking some builds of this for a bit now. I've got it working on multiple rigs. One of my rigs, though, only shows 3 GPUs in the monitor, but still outputs 6 GPU of hash to the pool. mine status and nvidia-smi show all 6 working. I can't get it to show all 6 in the monitor window. This is a clone of one I had for another rig and that one shows all 6. Any advice?

▃▃                             ▃▃                [OFFICIAL WEBSITE          ⬇Download MINEUM client⬇
 █     M I N E U M     █                                                                  Windows   Mac   Linux
▔▔                             ▔▔             BITCOINTALK THREAD
jk_14 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:01:23 PM

Hi,

let me share some newer miners I'm using now:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/oaprpp

Code:
root@kopiemtu:/tmp# tar -tf opt_miners.tgz
ewbf-0.3.3b/
ewbf-0.3.3b/ccminer
ccminer-2.0-tpruvot/
ccminer-2.0-tpruvot/ccminer
ccminer-alexis/
ccminer-alexis/ccminer
ccminer-1.8.4-tpruvot/
ccminer-1.8.4-tpruvot/ccminer
root@kopiemtu:/tmp#

and refreshed miner.sh and monitor:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4466bj

sorry for my long inactivity..
btw, nVidia + KopiemTu allows for 2 weeks of holiday without any hashrate impact for GPU farm Smiley

I have got nice amount of Verts by mining recently - thanks a lot! Smiley
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 01:48:54 PM

Hi,

let me share some newer miners I'm using now:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/oaprpp

Code:
root@kopiemtu:/tmp# tar -tf opt_miners.tgz
ewbf-0.3.3b/
ewbf-0.3.3b/ccminer
ccminer-2.0-tpruvot/
ccminer-2.0-tpruvot/ccminer
ccminer-alexis/
ccminer-alexis/ccminer
ccminer-1.8.4-tpruvot/
ccminer-1.8.4-tpruvot/ccminer
root@kopiemtu:/tmp#

and refreshed miner.sh and monitor:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4466bj

sorry for my long inactivity..
btw, nVidia + KopiemTu allows for 2 weeks of holiday without any hashrate impact for GPU farm Smiley

I have got nice amount of Verts by mining recently - thanks a lot! Smiley

jk ...

we need a chat Smiley ...

#crysx

mateusfmello

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:31:44 PM

Boot occurent error "not enough memory to load specified image".
Motherboard: MSI B350m Pro Gaming
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz

Has anyone had this problem? SO version 3.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: