Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IF YOU LOST YOUR ZEIT COIN BALANCE ON CRYPTORUSH>IN PLEASE RED THIS  (Read 1667 times)
florin227 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:43:30 PM

Like many others I have been scammed by cryptorush.in and lost a considerable balance of Zeit coin. I am tiered of all these bitcoin / altcoin scams and I will not let this one go. I do not care about the flaw in the wallet, in my opinion the only responsible is cryptorush. I sent my bitcoins to them and they should be responsible for this.

Despite their public statement and their terms and conditions on their website they are still running an online business and there are laws and regulations that protect users and consumers against abuse and fraud.

We have made a preliminary due diligence and found the following:

1. The owner of the website is believed to be Patrick Austin, residing in Sloe Lane, Crundale, Kent, Great Britain. This could be a registrar name - but a legal action would easily disclose the real name
2. At least one of the employees, called Robert Keith Christopher Jr is residing in Lake City, Florida, USA
3. The fraud involves at least 2 billion Zeit coins which at current market rate means 60 BTC or almost USD 40,000

I Invite all users who suffered damage from cryptorush to:

1. send an e-mail to: zeit.against.cryptorush@gmail.com with your contact details, proof of damage ( print screen, transaction history, etc ).

2. File an official complaint for fraud to:
- FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
- UK Police Internet Crime Unit: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud 

What actions we are willing to take:

1. File an official complaint signed by all users who suffered damage from cryptorush to FBI, UK Police ( internet crime units ) and tax authorities in both countries ( IRS and HMRC )for fraud and running a business without any registration or license
2. File an official complaint to the hosting provider
3. Take legal actions against Patrick Austin and Robert Keith Christopher Jr both in UK and US. If none of them is the real owner of cryptorush they will be forced to reveal his identity
4. After correctly identifying the owners of the website, sue them and ask for compensation against suffered loss at the maximum price Zeit coin had since the incidend which was 0.00000005 BTC, but could be more in next days

Anyone who want to support this action and make a stand in stopping cryptocurrency related frauds can make a donation at the following addresses:

BTC address: 1JeZV8buuS4rNPpXiDAegZbJvNVU6ziEZZ
ZEIT address: Min9va3ujwLRsTgwPNyU9qVYJdWvd9Lp3Q
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:46:06 PM

The fault lies with the shitty developers of the coin who decided to issue a fork with no prior warning.

Cry about it, kid.

808shark

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:55:07 AM

CryptoRush is a scam without notice or proper email to customer they will take coins off the market and blame someone else. File complaint, Report to FBI etc. put these people to jail. i have lost my bitcoin trading at cryptorush i would not trade at Cruptorush.

drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:15:39 AM

ZEIT coins are worth 1 satoshi, lol 20bill is about 20btc I believe and should be dead soon, so I doubt anyone cares

I had some zeit on cryptorush but I moved it out of there when I heard about the wallet flaw and its not like they didn't give me a chance to take it out
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:36:07 AM

The fault lies with the shitty developers of the coin who decided to issue a fork with no prior warning.

Cry about it, kid.

There was never a fork. The exchange screwed up.

And by the way, ZEIT is one of the upcoming currencies. Check back in 2 to 3 weeks....
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:48:53 PM

Cry about it, kid.

There was never a fork. The exchange screwed up.

And by the way, ZEIT is one of the upcoming currencies. Check back in 2 to 3 weeks....

+1. No fork. I love it when people regurgitate false information. Take a look through the altcoin forum and you will see no less than three threads about cryptorush and problems the site is having and problems other people are having with them. I'm holding my Zeit because I'm smart enough to see the long term potential. No pump and dump for this guy. The devs have been nothing but upfront and honest with us. Cryptorush is to blame for this, not the devs.

linkandzelda

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 03:50:27 AM

I'm going to make a public reply to this about the issue. I'm the main developer and owner of Crypto Rush. I'd like to point people to the public statement I made about the issues we had with Zeitcoin.

https://cryptorush.in/documents/ZeitcoinPublicStatement-March6th2014.pdf

This document states that an update we did caused the daemon to malfunction and all users trades in a period of 24 hours were reversed. This means that everyones coins that they sold that day they got back while keeping the BTC, and everyone who bought coins lost them, while still losing the BTC. This is what caused us to lose over 1.6 billion coins because people like to withdraw what they know does not belong to them.

Zeitcoin then issued a public statement of their own in reply to it.

https://cryptorush.in/documents/ZEITofficialstatement.pdf and if you don't trust our servers you can find it on the Zeitcoin site too http://zeit-coin.com/ZEITofficialstatement.pdf

They instructed users who had lost out to email them at zeitloss@zeit-coin.com. After people did this they reported that they heard no reply. I don't know how much Zeitcoin they refunded people. We also left Zeitcoin open for a long time to allow people to withdraw as much as possible, until we ran out. We also refunded people who bought coins that were not able to be reversed from our own pockets, costing us about 30 BTC in losses. 24-30 hours is a lot of time for trades to happen on a coin that just launched.

This is the statement we've been issuing via our Support System for people asking about Zeitcoin http://pastebin.com/wDfPWxp7

So why did this problem happen in the first place, it's because the Zeitcoin developers pushed an immature update to their public github which required a fork because of it made a change to the TX fee for all transactions. The person running the coin at launch was someone called Darren. I dont know how many people knew of him or his name but this is the person who we collaborated with for the launch of Zeitcoin. Either way, he is the one that instructed us to update the coin so we did. Everything appeared to run fine until 24 hours later we discovered that none of the withdrawals were making it onto the blockchain. So we immediately put the coin into maintenance mode to figure out what was wrong. This is when the second update was released which apparently "fixed" the bug with the TX fees, so we updated to this one again at the instruction of Darren. This is what messed up the whole thing, and every internal wallet transaction that was done during this time was lost; we use internal transactions for user trades because it has a much higher integrity rate than a global wallet + database. The daemons don't lie about transactions and neither does the blockchain. Either way, that's what screwed us over.

I tried my hardest to think what we did wrong in this situation, and I can't think of what. We were following instructions from the main figure behind the coin at the time, who was certain this would be ok. We are supposed to trust the coin developers right? Obviously not.

Let's fast forward to now where people still blame us for the troubles, and it seems the natural thing to do. you sent coins to us, so it looks like our responsibility. I just wish people saw it from our side of the table as well, and that we're not in a position to refund people any more Zeitcoin that have been lost. It cost us way more than we earned from Zeitcoin to refund the users we did refund. I'm sorry to every one of the users that we didn't refund.

3 days ago the @Zeitcoin twitter handle sent us an @ reply that they would contact us within 24 hours. You can see the tweet + a couple of replies here https://twitter.com/ZEITCOIN/status/446785670531383296 We heard nothing from them after 24 hours so we tweeted at them again that we're still waiting https://twitter.com/TheCryptoRush/status/447148468956844032. It's now been over 3 days and we have not heard from anyone on skype or any potenital contact from the Zeitcoin team. So I decided to reach out myself to the #zeitcoin channel on freenode.

Here's the long unfiltered log I had with a couple of OPs and users, one of which appears to be the new developer or at least involved with current development. http://pastebin.com/Fbw0kraP there may be some irrelevant conversation but most people will know the relevant conversation.

This also brings about another piece of information: all the attempted withdraws during this 24-30 hour period of time, the coins never returned to us when we removed the transactions/performed the upgrade. We collectively decided not to put this information into our statements because announcing the reason people couldn't withdraw is because the coins literally "vanished" would not go well for anyone and would make us look like a joke, even though that's what actually happened.

TL;DR version: they seem to think it's the exchanges job to audit their github pushes and their code, as well as testing it fully to make sure it actually works. They also seem to think that I should be auditing their coins code and should be able to recognise code that would break something. I don't know about you guys, but I never coded a coin or looked at the source code. We simply compile the coins that people release, and if they don't work we contact the developer: the person responsible for creating the code. The most shocking thing about this is, because we're an 'exchange' we're not classed as an end user to them like everyone else, although as someone pointed out in the chat that we all use the same piece of software in the exact same way. I hope people agree with me here that this is no way to treat an end user such as myself when dealing with a large sum of lost coins. We test every one of our daemons to make sure they find the correct blockchain and respond to RPC calls and work with our system of managing user balances and trades. We don't check outbound transactions and, but we do check inbound transactions when a bounty is involved, in this case we received a 15 million Zeitcoin bounty. What we don't do is check inbound/outbound transactions on wallet daemon upgrades. We hope that the coin developer has enough sense to make sure this basic functionality is working. It would be pretty useless if you couldn't do transactions properly don't you think? This is why we take this for granted on incremental updates. They are also all mostly forks of a working coin (Bitcoin/Litecoin based) so the coin would be pretty bad if basic functions were broken (and believe me we've seen that too).

After this conversation with the people in #zeitcoin I searched my skype logs for the contact of the original developer hired to work on Zeitcoin. Here's the log of that conversation which his name changed to "Old Zeitcoin Dev" http://pastebin.com/XMtcuH2C

He seemed to understand the issues that Crypto Rush is going through.

Anyway, this post is long so I'll bring it to a close with the following point: I really want to restore the faith people have in Crypto Rush as an exchange and also restore the respect we had with the Zeitcoin community. If I had the coins to refund people then I would do it right away. I'm considering re-opening the Zeitcoin trading on Crypto Rush with the long term plan to use the fees generated to pay back affected users who lost their coins. At this point, unless the Zeitcoin devs step up with another solution it's all I'm in a position to offer. What do people think about this idea? I'm interested on peoples thoughts on the matter.

Regards,
LaZ
Crypto Rush
dmgta

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:05:07 AM

What I don't get is this every open source piece of software has a terms of use so does ZEIT

https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/blob/master/COPYING

Even if it is the devs fault by publishing something it doesn't mean Cryptorush isn't at fault to pay back their users.

This statement alleviates responsibility from any member of the ZEIT team

Copyright (c) 2014 Zeitcoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2009-2012 Bitcoin Developers

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

We need to put the blame where it needs to be on the exchange it's their service their software and they owe us!!!
MeesterMagiks

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:41:33 AM

What I don't get is this every open source piece of software has a terms of use so does ZEIT

https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin/blob/master/COPYING

Even if it is the devs fault by publishing something it doesn't mean Cryptorush isn't at fault to pay back their users.

This statement alleviates responsibility from any member of the ZEIT team

Copyright (c) 2014 Zeitcoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2009-2012 Bitcoin Developers

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

We need to put the blame where it needs to be on the exchange it's their service their software and they owe us!!!

To be fair, every exchange also has ToS, and in Cryptorush's:

2. While we are always testing our software, issues can arise. Crypto Rush holds no responsbility for coins being deposited, coins earned or lost through trading or unforeseen circumstances, such as 3rd party software/hardware failure. Crypto Rush will give a valid wallet address to send to, after that Crypto Rush has no control until the coins are reflected in the system. We hold no responsbility for despoting to or with drawing to wrong addresses. If a trade happened and wasn't what the user intended that is beyond our control, however if many users are being affected we will work on getting that fixed. All currencies listed on here are based on the bitcoin software. If you believe a coin to be affecting you or your subsidaries directly, please have the developer of the coin contact us to have it taken off.
Machete

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:56:28 AM

So what is the deal with the latest BTC withdrawal issue? I can not withdraw for days now, no info about it, no response to ticket, nothing.
Building a scam here? Another 'sorry we lost your BTC' by the book scam?
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:29:21 AM

I had a bunch of Zeit lost to CryptoRush, got no response from the email I was supposed to email, figured I'm fucked.
Machete

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:43:10 AM

Ok, I saved my ass by changing BTC to other crypto and made a withdrawal of that crypto.
It is pretty obvious they are insolvent with BTC so SAVE YOUR ASS AND ABANDON SHIP!
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 11:50:01 AM

It is obviously the devs' fault for fucking up the coin daemon so badly.

I'm assuming you mean Cryptorush's devs.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:39:36 PM

I sent an email but the guy never answer me

Fucking coin

stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:30:31 PM

I sent an email but the guy never answer me

Fucking coin

Be more specific. Who did you email, and what was the purpose of the email? And why say "Fucking coin?"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: