Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:13:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people still fall victim to obvious scam?  (Read 5068 times)
KaratX

Activity: 252
Merit: 29

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 05:49:49 PM

Ninety nine percent of every crypto investors fall to scam traps in crypto space so for all newbies there will be mistakes, once bitten is twice shy for those who are ready to learn from their mistakes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 06:48:56 PM

The Greed for easy money is one of the things that pushes people into making such bad decisions, how can you trust someone on Twitter to the extent of sending your BTC to help you trade, I think this can happen to only newbies although I might be wrong. Also, I agree with you, it is either you take the pains and make efforts to learn it or keep falling victim of scams. For everything in this world have a knowledge backing it up, and it must be learnt to be perfect in that field; the crypto space isn't exempted either.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 08:06:36 PM

All I can say about this is that greediness is the major cause of people getting scam,  imagine someone giving you ridiculous discount that an exchange cannot give you in buying bitcoin or other altcoins,  some people got scammed by joining ponzi also despite all what they have seen from people who had got scammed,  all they keep saying is that they just wanna cash out once then stop,  whereby they won't have the opportunity to cash out at all, Greediness is what led most being scammed

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 08:38:36 PM

It obvious that scam will never end as long as business is concern but at the same time with some level of due deligence and deep search one can easily dictect a scam from legit. Trading in as much as it deserve some level of expert still can be learn instead of sending found to another person to trade for you which most time lead to scam.
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2020, 09:23:46 PM

Smile! Once you are looking for the fastest way to make more money within tinkle of an eye you will definitely fall victim. Is better for you to learn and know more about crypto before you start investing in it.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 10:23:05 PM

Why do people still fall victims to obvious scams? Especially on twitter people are still sending bitcoin to traders, no one is a perfect trader, do not send bitcoin or other coins to people to trade for you, its stupid and foolish idea

Today a bitcoin trader on twitter exit scam and delete all traces off social media, i heard its about 53bitcoin, here is the link to the news

https://coinnewstelegraph.com/bitmex-bitcoin-fund-manager-exit-scams-before-christmas/

Pls stop, there is no such thing as easy money, its either you learn or you quit or else you will keep losing money

very stupid if someone is fooled by the lure that does not mean sense. basically do not turn to crypto at all if you do not know anything before it is learned.
sending bitcoin to strangers is a reckless act.
naureen978

Activity: 490
Merit: 1

I love to trade crypto & hold it for future profit

View Profile
April 24, 2020, 11:42:30 PM

Why do people still fall victims to obvious scams? Especially on twitter people are still sending bitcoin to traders, no one is a perfect trader, do not send bitcoin or other coins to people to trade for you, its stupid and foolish idea

Today a bitcoin trader on twitter exit scam and delete all traces off social media, i heard its about 53bitcoin, here is the link to the news

https://coinnewstelegraph.com/bitmex-bitcoin-fund-manager-exit-scams-before-christmas/

Pls stop, there is no such thing as easy money, its either you learn or you quit or else you will keep losing money

I think now a days as we know most of the countries are lock-down due to COVID-19. Therefore new people trying to join different online projects, airdrops, bounties, giveaways etc. New people haven't guideline regarding projects that's why they are participating in fake and scam project.

─────────   CitizenFinance.io   ─────────
A DECENTRALIZED GAMING PLATFORM POWERING
THE NEXT-GEN NFT-BASED UTILITIES
cute nmp

Activity: 1666
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 06:58:14 PM

One will seriously think about this that why will people fall for crypto-scams nowadays .People are scammed by many fraudsters almost every day.This is a very common occurrence in crypto-currency.I don't know why people fall again and a gain for these scams.People should be careful to avoid been scammed.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
ReliabilityAlert222

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 11:09:23 AM

There are still victim to obvious scam in the crypto project . The reason behind this because of greed and selfishness . Another reason is due to their ignorance as everyone is not aware of most of new cryptocurrency. Do a research first , than make some decision to go . So be careful don't be a victim to obvious scam !!

Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 11:42:01 AM

I myself consider a pro crypto investor and trader but I too has been scammed multiple times. Most of the times it was avoidable. The largest mistake I make is to believe in something and act quickly. Acting quickly can be good for a trade but you need to be sure you are sending your money to the right place. Attractive investment, cheaper exchange rates and too good to be true promises should be double checked.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Grizman25

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:36:48 PM

It’s easier for people to cheat than to work honestly. My conscience would never allow me to deceive a person, which is probably why I am still poor ....
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2020, 01:27:56 PM

The reason is that, greed remains one of the basic human traits. You can claim otherwise, but the truth is that every single human being is cursed with greed. The level may vary. Now what makes scams possible is the deadly combination of greed, lack of intelligence and inexperience. People with all these three characteristics have a much greater chance of getting scammed, when compared to the others.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:47:46 PM

It’s easier for people to cheat than to work honestly. My conscience would never allow me to deceive a person, which is probably why I am still poor ....
And there's nothing wrong about it, you should stand proud despite of having such status Smiley! Remember that MONEY isn't everything in this world. Yeah it was essential for living but life is more than that. If I have to choose, I would still go with clear conscience despite of being poor because the fulfillment of having pure heart is the real happiness you can get Smiley.
Continue playing fair and square.
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:50:14 PM

Question level "why is the sky blue".
How does it work? Cryptocurrency is constantly gaining popularity -> new people come with zero iq -> fall into a new environment of “fast money” - > get scammed -> cry on the entire Internet that BTC is only for drug market and human trafficking, and  there are only scammers
Scammers as club security who don't let people in who don't pass the iq test.
Grizman25

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:53:45 PM

And there's nothing wrong about it, you should stand proud despite of having such status Smiley! Remember that MONEY isn't everything in this world. Yeah it was essential for living but life is more than that. If I have to choose, I would still go with clear conscience despite of being poor because the fulfillment of having pure heart is the real happiness you can get Smiley.
Continue playing fair and square.

I just want to say that the world is not fair. Those people who cheat, live well, who honest is constantly experiencing difficulties not only financially. What is it? Paradox or modern pattern ?!
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:07:35 PM

The reason is that, greed remains one of the basic human traits. You can claim otherwise, but the truth is that every single human being is cursed with greed. The level may vary. Now what makes scams possible is the deadly combination of greed, lack of intelligence and inexperience. People with all these three characteristics have a much greater chance of getting scammed, when compared to the others.
the outline is gluttony. however, I agree if the other factor is ignorance of what is invested and in a hurry. they are not looking for information about it. however, it's okay to be greedy, but it needs to be combined with the knowledge, and also patience. however, the greedy nature of humans is very difficult to remove.
cute nmp

Activity: 1666

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 09:41:50 PM

People fall victims of scams mostly because of greed,many are in a hurry to make lots of money in a short  period of time and scammers used that chance to cheat people of their hard earned money.People should be careful and stop been in a hurry to make alot of money in a short time to avoid been a victim.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 09:59:22 PM

Because the lure of doubling the money becomes the attraction of scamers to deceive many people. I think only people who have just joined the crypto are easily fooled by scamers because they don't understand enough. Scammers continue to outwit everyone in crypto, so always be careful and do not easily believe in investment invitations that are not clear.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 02:27:07 AM

Because the lure of doubling the money becomes the attraction of scamers to deceive many people. I think only people who have just joined the crypto are easily fooled by scamers because they don't understand enough. Scammers continue to outwit everyone in crypto, so always be careful and do not easily believe in investment invitations that are not clear.
I remember when doublers are a thing before, even myself fell for the scam because i don't have experience. Those people will learn real quick if they got scammed, like me i never fell for a scam again. As people getting smarter scammers also needs to innovate to scam more people, but this also exist in real life not just in crypto.
Mealea

Activity: 300
Merit: 11

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 05:10:48 AM

You might be able to identify a scam when you see one but there are so many newbies coming into crypto on a daily basis, those set of people might still fall victim of a scam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: