Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:11:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackcoin and why it could be really big // Intro to Blackcoin  (Read 3863 times)
MuffinMaster (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:17:55 PM

So why is blackcoin better than anoncoin?

Check the top post...

blackcoin can only be bought or staked, anon coin can be mined into oblivion

minerfool

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:30:16 PM

so you can no longer mine it?

How long did the mining period last?

Soepkip

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:34:14 PM

The original mining was 10000 blocks.
Now we can mine once again via http://bcmultipool.com Smiley

████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████

->  BLOCKTIX  ->  Ticketing platform with a dual blockchain on Ethereum for event hosting
-> WEBSITE - SLACK - TWITTER - FORUM
-> Join our community to learn about our upcoming ICO
minerfool

Activity: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:52:11 PM

10000 blocks is only about 6-7 days.

so yeah like everyone else is saying ... instamined ...

And why 1%, no one is going to hold the coin for 1% annual interest

MuffinMaster (OP)

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:57:07 PM

I think we have a last place finisher in the reading comprehension race.

fyi.. there was 23 gh on BC at one point. there is a ton of people with coins, which I explained on the first post, no 1 person holds more then 2%. Very few hold more then 500k (less then 20)

CrazyEyes

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:06:02 PM

This currency does not differ alot from every other alternate currency. And you know it, so stop pretendeing. Sorry, but someone has to say it.

Humble regards
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:09:34 PM

fyi.. there was 23 gh on BC at one point. there is a ton of people with coins, which I explained on the first post, no 1 person holds more then 2%. Very few hold more then 500k (less then 20)

How do you know no one person holds more than 2% and few hold less than 500k ... can you prove it?

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:48:32 PM

How do you know no one person holds more than 2% and few hold less than 500k ... can you prove it?

If you have enough determination try check history of all top bags.
I have observed them and i can tell you that many 1st top place was big GPU/ASICs farm  but they
 almost all cashed out that is why price was driven to 500...
when they went out price recovered.
BTW Blackcoin in 5day had 50Ghs / 400+ diff !! when price was about 3500 sat.
average speed was 10-20 Ghs... (with maybe 2-3 days of 3-9Ghs)

Later price was sitting @500 not many were interested so not us fault that some has missed train Sad
You can always wait to next correction to jump but price can be much higher than now.

Sorry brothers that wasn't instamined... Like (PLNc hundred block in few mins)
I was there and i can assure you it was hard to mine BC it was sometimes profitable sometimes i have mined below cost especially last days...
10-12Ghs network and price 1000sat.
Most miners dumped BC as soon as they could and jumped to another coin.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:27:45 PM

This will make anyone who invests in it very rich. Thats my opinion. The idea for the multipool is the most brilliant thing I have ever heard. They are taking value out of other shitcoins and I think everyone can support seeing Doge get sucked into the black hole!! In reality... all that needs to happen is the devs need to stay focused and honest. I really hope they do because they have come into something very brilliant that other coins will only want to copy. I saw black perform well in a down market! That says something. Their pool will easily become the biggest.

Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:48:59 AM

Nice writing up this piece  Smiley

Check the blackcoin thread for more info
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.0

MuffinMaster (OP)

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:02:56 PM

Nice writing up this piece  Smiley

Check the blackcoin thread for more info
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.0

I have that on the OP Smiley

Some hilarious drama from yesterday that was used to as an excuse to load up on cheap coins. Price is sitting where it was yesterday morning.

humaniterrian

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:33:16 PM

• First ever PoS coin to have solved the forking issue (almost 30 days old and no fork)

Can someone explain what makes this POS more immune from forking than other POS?

Reading this post, there seems to be concerns and realities that pure POS can run into "nothing at stake" attacks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316813.0

So, is the fact that there is no fork, just luck, or some inherent function in the programming?
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:30:32 PM

• First ever PoS coin to have solved the forking issue (almost 30 days old and no fork)

Can someone explain what makes this POS more immune from forking than other POS?

Reading this post, there seems to be concerns and realities that pure POS can run into "nothing at stake" attacks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316813.0

So, is the fact that there is no fork, just luck, or some inherent function in the programming?

I think it might be partly due to staking being possible every 8 hours. Not sure though.
yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 02:13:06 AM

I believe BC has a chance. I think they fucked up BIG TIME by putting out the beta multipool. That was a unique idea that they should have done everything they could to perfect during a private beta. Now, other coins have multipools up doing the same thing as blackcoin while the blackcoin pool is down to finish development. Is MintCoin's multipool in beta or perm?

Either way, BlackCoin shot itself in the foot and now has to hobble along hoping it heals right.

The hash rate isn't nearly the same, and Mintcoin still has still a hybrid so doesn't benefit as much from the multipool as blackcoin does. I agree though the launch could have went better.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:19:17 AM

so why would people mine altcoins and get paid in blackcoins? if you have to sell blackcoins to get a return doesnt that defeat the point of the coin?

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 02:21:00 AM

so why would people mine altcoins and get paid in blackcoins? if you have to sell blackcoins to get a return doesnt that defeat the point of the coin?

Stable store of value in the long run and its a currency that has a very small energy footprint.

Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:22:39 AM

Stable store of value in the long run and its a currency that has a very small energy footprint.
the energy footprint of blackcoin is irrelevant if the mining is done using other coins

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 02:28:03 AM

the energy footprint of blackcoin is irrelevant if the mining is done using other coins

Not exactly true, because as other coins realize their strategy cannot stand up to POS + multipool mining it will begin to phase out POW cryptocurrencies. Overall it will cause a decrease in the amount of energy spent on cryptocurrencies. This is one of the many reasons its such a powerful idea.

Eganwp

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:43:35 AM

Basically Blackcoin is just a rip-off of everything that MINTCOIN already does, including the "all ALT coin conversion to MINT" pool...

Go mine the MINT conversion pool if your going to bother...
The Fat Miner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:22:16 AM

So what your saying is , This coin can't be mined because a load of early adopters jumped in a rinsed the shit out of it, Taking a ton of coins, Which we can now be paid back with for mining 24-7 on Alt coins ! lol this is a joke.

I hope nobody buys any of these coins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: