Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: localbitcoin steals me?  (Read 447 times)
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 03:14:36 PM

Hey OP, can you specify which new terms and conditions are been implied by localbitcoins to you? I do not really think that localbitcoins might imply any inappropriate terms and conditions to the user account so why are you not ready to accept those terms and conditions?

You should always try to follow the rules and regulations of each respected exchange so that you never face any problem of rules violation over there and for it, you should go through each terms and conditions before starting with the exchange. Localbitcoins does not seem shady to me and hence they might release your funds if you have no shady activity over the account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paddy_exchange (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:08:58 AM

Localbitcoin is very dangerous for your bitcoin....

So two weeks after, did you finally agreed to their new T&C?

With the current ban wave from what I see from tickets number they are getting around 4000 a day, they even have an alert about it on their website, if you don't want to agree with them your only way would be account deletion which would take another two weeks, then waiting for the bitcoin to be returned ....
Better to simply agree to those damn terms, get your bitcoin and be done with them

No. Do not accept the T&C
I received the bitcoin
Too many days without my money.
But I already have it.
I have moved between 50 BTC and 100 BTC in localbitcoin
1% is between 0.5 BTC and 1 BTC in commissions for localbitcoin
Never more. They lose

paddy_exchange (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:13:43 AM

I am also facing this but thanks God as I was able to withdraw my all coins now already deleting my account as they are saying they have no time frame for next update about these 22 countries in market many options available for this all we have to use them.
But you withdrew before they decided to make everyone do the KYC or lose their coins, right? Or did they let you not accept the T&C, withdrawal and close the account?

In the end yes.
I could withdraw my bitcoin without accepting the T&C
It was illegal to force me
closed localbitcoin. never more.
I have generated between 0.5btc and 1btc in fees. Never more

paddy_exchange (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:15:38 AM

One of the saddest part is about those using LBC as their main wallet and ignore the risks expected. Am telling this because i know how much traders started their careers with LBC since old days 2014 and before, as i have met many of them in my local marketplace, and they fully trust the platform despite all the warning flags here and there .
What is actually happening with LBC can occur with all the other alternatives, so if you may lose the chance to use the p2p exchanges then please avoid to use them for holding big amounts. I would share the news in my local groups because unlikely most of the users in recent banned countries don't yet know about Tos change .

people are lazy
and later Sad

paddy_exchange (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:19:00 AM

I am also facing this but thanks God as I was able to withdraw my all coins now already deleting my account as they are saying they have no time frame for next update about these 22 countries in market many options available for this all we have to use them.
But you withdrew before they decided to make everyone do the KYC or lose their coins, right? Or did they let you not accept the T&C, withdrawal and close the account?
KYC is actually mandatory on localbitcoins according to my point of view. I have seen a number of sellers selling localbitcoin accounts and this is not at all tolerable. How could anyone sell false identity to make their own profits? People have used localbitcoins for a lot of illegal activities like buying with fake credit cards, etc.

This would have forced localbitcoins to start implying KYC verification to each and every registrant and this is actually not so bad as they would never leak your documentations but they would be stored in secure servers and would be used only when needed. This might also eliminate the fake accounts over there leaving clean and positive trades between real identities.

You can't know that.
They may have a security flaw.
They can have a dishonest worker
They can simply sell them
When we send our documents online. We can't know your future. There are thousands of people selling documents ...
It is not fortuitous.

paddy_exchange (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:26:16 AM

Hey OP, can you specify which new terms and conditions are been implied by localbitcoins to you? I do not really think that localbitcoins might imply any inappropriate terms and conditions to the user account so why are you not ready to accept those terms and conditions?

You should always try to follow the rules and regulations of each respected exchange so that you never face any problem of rules violation over there and for it, you should go through each terms and conditions before starting with the exchange. Localbitcoins does not seem shady to me and hence they might release your funds if you have no shady activity over the account.

I do not know. It was not important. And they were not in my language.
But I must be able to say no.
And that is what I defend.
can say no.
I said no and localbitcoin have blocked my bitcoin all these days.
no shady activity to say no ...
I already received my bitcoin
But it is not acceptable. Block a person's bitcoin for no reason.
This time they have blocked my bitcoin for half a month for no reason. What can localbitcoin do tomorrow?

paddy_exchange (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 01:30:26 AM

Summarizing.
Bitcoin already received
In the almost 5 years I was in localbitcoin I paid between 0.5 BTC and 1 BTC in fees
never more
localbitcoin lose
and if everyone said no
localbitcoin would lose more ...

coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 03:03:29 AM

Summarizing.
Bitcoin already received
In the almost 5 years I was in localbitcoin I paid between 0.5 BTC and 1 BTC in fees
never more
localbitcoin lose
and if everyone said no
Glad to hear that you have received your deposits from localbitcoins. I could understand your angryness.
I can guess that the problem is actually persistent for hundreds (maybe thousands) of users who may not be aware of their accounts being frozen. I tried to share the info everywhere i could reach .
This is why i want to know if you did received alerts from localbitcoins by email. Does there a possibility for licalbitcoin banned users to not get the information about their frozen accounts or the TOS chaNge ?
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 07:43:42 PM

Localbitcoins.com is in trouble as they are facing some good drop in trading volume nearly 50% which is hurting them so now they are doing suspending accounts without notice.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/localbitcoins-quietly-suspends-accounts-in-multiple-regions-without-notice
paddy_exchange (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 10:41:06 PM

Summarizing.
Bitcoin already received
never more
localbitcoin lose
and if everyone said no
Glad to hear that you have received your deposits from localbitcoins. I could understand your angryness.
I can guess that the problem is actually persistent for hundreds (maybe thousands) of users who may not be aware of their accounts being frozen. I tried to share the info everywhere i could reach .
This is why i want to know if you did received alerts from localbitcoins by email. Does there a possibility for licalbitcoin banned users to not get the information about their frozen accounts or the TOS chaNge ?

they didn't inform me of
"your account is locked"
Do not.
when I enter localbitcoin.
a message from: "accept the changes"
to refuse
and what you have read

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: