Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One Million Trees  (Read 559 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 05:08:20 PM

God Bless, Move Forward!

The trees will make beautiful stumps in a few decades and the wood can be used for human purposes.

Trees have a nasty tenancy to damage concrete of which NYC has an abundance as the roots grow.  But that just creates more jobs for people tearing up the sidewalk and re-doing it.

Concrete itself requires quite a large input of energy which will increase the 'carbon footprint'.  That would be a negative if CO2 had anything to do with 'global warming', but the whole 'man-made global climate change' thing is a laughable hoax promulgated by, among others, the multinational energy companies themselves who's board-members thought up the scheme decades ago in order to consolidate, magnify, and solidify the power they'd amassed during the industrial revolution.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
jstern (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 02:25:01 AM

God Bless, Move Forward!

The trees will make beautiful stumps in a few decades and the wood can be used for human purposes.

Trees have a nasty tenancy to damage concrete of which NYC has an abundance as the roots grow.  But that just creates more jobs for people tearing up the sidewalk and re-doing it.

Concrete itself requires quite a large input of energy which will increase the 'carbon footprint'.  That would be a negative if CO2 had anything to do with 'global warming', but the whole 'man-made global climate change' thing is a laughable hoax promulgated by, among others, the multinational energy companies themselves who's board-members thought up the scheme decades ago in order to consolidate, magnify, and solidify the power they'd amassed during the industrial revolution.

Omg, the other day I was thinking about how the tress also destroyes the concrete, and they recently fixed this block because of it. But I never thought of the fact that the concrete requires a large input of energy that increases the carbon dioxide. I will take some pictures of some of the things I talked about here.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 05:38:29 AM

God Bless, Move Forward!

Omg, the other day I was thinking about how the tress also destroyes the concrete, and they recently fixed this block because of it. But I never thought of the fact that the concrete requires a large input of energy that increases the carbon dioxide. I will take some pictures of some of the things I talked about here.

I don't think I really even read the initial post.  My bad.

Trees are nice and they make a more pleasant surrounding for most people.  That in and of itself is adequate reason to try have them.  One does not need a bunch of pseudo-scientific (at best) hype about 'carbon footprint' and general virtue signaling which is disgustingly obvious a phony.

It is better to just make good engineering decisions about how to use trees for what they are good for and try to minimize the negative aspects of them of which there are plenty.  The disadvantages are even greater when trying to dense-pack the plebs into UN Agenda 21 'human habitats'.

The shade effect of trees is great.  One can achieve that with awnings which capture rain-water and they can house solar panels (if/when economically feasible) as well.  My current house has a lot of concrete and awnings over most of the property.  That has it's advantages as well, and in my current location especially.  I've got some modest sized trees in barrels (which makes me feel like I am torturing them), and one large shade tree which, sadly, I'm going to need to get rid of for certain development work.  In another decade it really would be creating a genuine hazard to life and limb for both myself and my neighbors.

It is worth note that trees themselves are a significant detriment to smaller plants.  They get big in order to maximize their gather of solar energy so they starve out everything below them, or try to.  What most 'modern eductated' people fail to realize is that if you cut a tree, a ton of other plants below it start to grow like crazy.  Very little solar energy ever touches bare ground in any circumstance.  So-called 'clear cutting' does NOT leave a lifeless piece of ground for more than about a week (unless it is followed up by dosing with defoliants which is common and is, in my opinion, sort of a problem.)  Logging tends to promote 'biodiversity' since it gives environments for 'fringe' plants and animals to live for a while until the forest grows back again.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Zrobey

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 09:31:22 AM

It seems to me that if every person on the planet is attached to the fact that he planted at least 1 or 2 trees during his life, it would qualitatively be able to change life on the planet. We need to take care of more than one city, such as new York, we need to do it all over the world, because the Earth is our common home.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2020, 10:08:37 AM

It seems to me that if every person on the planet is attached to the fact that he planted at least 1 or 2 trees during his life, it would qualitatively be able to change life on the planet.
I myself have planted exactly 251 trees, so I guess at least 100 people can have a pass there.
Here is this little to known fact about trees, anyone that is aware of the existence of geological era know as carbon, can ask himself this question. From where and why all this coal that we mine comes from? Those are millions and millions of metric tons of coal we are talking about. As we know, this mineral has formed about 360 millions years ago, from fallen trees and other plants. Turn on your imagination now; what happened that all those plants felt simultaneously, throughout entire planet? What forced them to slip underground and turn in to a "rock"? Answer may surprise you, modern scholars are of opinion that trees (and those where some really massive trunks, 2,3 times bigger than those of today) overgrew the planet's capability of their sustainment! Trees caused natural yet cataclysmic climate change to a point of crash and extinction. Trees are killers dude! Wink My point is, exaggeration in any direction can lead to bad things, let's not plant in to oblivion because it's trendy, reason is the key.     

GideonGono

Activity: 2044
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2020, 08:09:24 AM

It seems to me that if every person on the planet is attached to the fact that he planted at least 1 or 2 trees during his life, it would qualitatively be able to change life on the planet. We need to take care of more than one city, such as new York, we need to do it all over the world, because the Earth is our common home.

That was impossible to happen because we have a limited location to place in the future. It's surely cut again but that was good idea for atleast the number of trees would be grown.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 06:04:20 PM

Here in NYC there's an initiative of planting one million trees. And I'm all for planting more trees, but not just for the sake of it, and for the celebrity behind it to feel good about herself. If a home owner plants a tree there's a lot of planning involved. They analyze the perfect spot, how it matches the surrounding, if it's needed, etc. But in this situation it just plant one million trees for the heck of it. Cut a square, throw a bunch of dirt, the spot doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if it's in front of a stoop creating multiple bottlenecks in a busy block. The dirt gets all over, and half of the trees die anyway.

It really shows that human nature of not really thinking about your surrounding. In this case instead of causing pollution it's trees.

Random example, though not the best because if not a busy sidewalk.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6757113,-73.9857819,3a,75y,242.04h,83.79t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suHVYMwoyioFEW5PQqyvkfw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

A million trees would be about 16 square miles at 20' intervals. However, if we planted the seeds at 1" intervals, it would only take 1/6 of one acre or an area about 70 x 100'. So, this is starting to look interesting. One person with an average size piece of dirt could plant the million trees.

Are those NY political hacks paying for this or giving tax discounts? Because if the sole requirement is the "planting", there's one heck of a deal here. Plus, think about all the delicious tiny shoots that the rats, squirrels and rabbits can eat.
antonytar81

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 01:00:59 PM

We need to consider tree planting in more detail.
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 02:10:47 PM

Trees help save our lives We take oxygen from the tree Therefore the more trees we plant the more beautiful our surroundings are going to be there's no comparison of Paris in terms of tree planting. Not just road ghats but just rows of trees next to everyone's house which is extremely nice that's why we all got to stop killing forests and plant more trees.

Mauser

Activity: 1806
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 02:45:23 PM

Trees help save our lives We take oxygen from the tree Therefore the more trees we plant the more beautiful our surroundings are going to be there's no comparison of Paris in terms of tree planting. Not just road ghats but just rows of trees next to everyone's house which is extremely nice that's why we all got to stop killing forests and plant more trees.

Trees don't live forever it makes sense to eventually clear forrest, as long as you plant more new trees than you harvet.

Some trees even need wildfire to actually spread. The Sequoias in California need a lot of space to grow and only release their seeds during fires.

We should take care of our evironment, which doesn't mean to never use wood again.

I have been planting trees once a year since I was a kid. It's a great way to do something for nature will spending a weekend outside.
NicolaTesla

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 01:31:46 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2020, 07:16:18 AM by NicolaTesla

Trees are very important for us and our health and only when people will understand this thing we will have everywhere only trees. I guess that then people will stop thinking that trees are not living forever and that we need to take care of them and at the same time to plant the others. You know I always tried to make my garden full of trees and plants. Even recently I ordered from here https://www.plantingtree.com/blogs/gardening/thuja-green-giant-for-sale thujas and I cannot wait to see how they will look in my garden. I learned everything about them from that site and now I know what they like. I'll keep you in touch.
Natsuu

Activity: 1134
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 05:13:24 PM

I think planting trees is always good, whether you're trying to say it's to reduce co2 or for shade, etc. The problem is when it's not properly planned. For example the trees should be planted in areas where they are expected to not be disturbed for decades. No point in planting them near road that might be widened a few years later.

Planting on side of the road is the best spot for trees to be planted, but how can you even know if an area will be widened few years later. It's like saying that there is no point in planting trees in an open lot when later on, subdivisions will be built in that area. Acting for the presents issue will be the best, we can move trees if they will widen the roads in the future.

That was impossible to happen because we have a limited location to place in the future. It's surely cut again but that was good idea for atleast the number of trees would be grown.

In our university, it is part of our graduation requirement to at least plant 5 trees before the end of the final semester. And no student ever disapproved of this idea, every student actually agrees, and love this idea that they even take time to visit mountain areas that was subjected in illegal logging to be planted by trees who has no worth when cutted.

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 10:04:47 PM

Planting trees and creating a healthy ecosystem which won’t interfere with the region is what should be done. The amount of trees planted doesn’t mean anything if they aren’t planted efficiently. Timber mills plant tons of trees to use them in 30 years, but it doesn’t help any because there is no ecosystem in these
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 10:08:20 PM

Trees are very important for us and our health and only when people will understand this thing we will have everywhere only trees
You are right now we have new government and they are also doing some good work for this project they have target of 1 Billion trees in next few years because its really need of time and better future of next generation we are doing some hard work hopefully we will achieve this target and have really good number of trees in next few years.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 06:03:17 PM

Trees are very important for us and our health and only when people will understand this thing we will have everywhere only trees
You are right now we have new government and they are also doing some good work for this project they have target of 1 Billion trees in next few years because its really need of time and better future of next generation we are doing some hard work hopefully we will achieve this target and have really good number of trees in next few years.

It's been calculated that as little as 1/8" of live green stuff on the land of the Earth would completely zero out the additional Co2 from our activities.

But as tvfcov noted it doesn't have to be trees. It's really just us humans that like the trees better than pond scum.
Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 04:28:51 AM

We have been familiar with the slogan plant trees save the environment since childhood trees are human friends a unique gift of nature primary is taught trees give us flowers fruits shade from an early age early children understand that trees are above flowers fruits and shade. Trees are our bulwark forests are the only alternative to forests to deal with natural disasters like cyclones there is no substitute for trees to maintain the balance of the environment, to keep the water cycle in order to protect it from the elements to keep the fauna alive that is why the government of each country is calling for more trees to be planted.
yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 06:18:25 AM

I don't really know if it's gonna make some changed in the current state of your place however you could make a progress later if you start now. You could start alone and after some time many people will follow your footstep if they saw some progress from you are about to do. Just like these couples who manage to revive an abused mountain from illegal logging and they work hard to make plant trees and years passed, you can see the fruit of their hard work.

https://www.intelligentliving.co/couple-brazilian-forest

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Bvvvp009

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 01:38:37 PM

At least they are trying to plant, and some one thinking about dirt getting all over, and some legendary person even counting for the CO2 emissions, trees not only responsible to reduce not only CO2 emissions. They create a biodiversity.

Some more advantages:

01.TREES COMBAT CLIMATE CHANGE
Excess carbon dioxide (CO2) is building up in our atmosphere, contributing to climate change. Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing oxygen back into the air. In one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the same amount of CO2 produced when you drive your car 26,000 miles.

TREES CLEAN THE AIR
Trees absorb odors and pollutant gases (nitrogen oxides, ammonia, sulfur dioxide and ozone) and filter particulates out of the air by trapping them on their leaves and bark.

TREES PROVIDE OXYGEN
In one year an acre of mature trees can provide enough oxygen for 18 people.

TREES COOL THE STREETS AND THE CITY
Average temperatures in Los Angeles have risen 6°F in the last 50 years as tree coverage has declined and the number of heat-absorbing roads and buildings has increased.
Trees cool the city by up to 10°F, by shading our homes and streets, breaking up urban “heat islands” and releasing water vapor into the air through their leaves.

TREES CONSERVE ENERGY
Three trees placed strategically around a single-family home can cut summer air conditioning needs by up to 50 percent. By reducing the energy demand for cooling our houses, we reduce carbon dioxide and other pollution emissions from power plants.

TREES SAVE WATER
Shade from trees slows water evaporation from thirsty lawns. Most newly planted trees need only fifteen gallons of water a week. As trees transpire, they increase atmospheric moisture.

TREES HELP PREVENT WATER POLLUTION
Trees reduce runoff by breaking rainfall thus allowing the water to flow down the trunk and into the earth below the tree. This prevents stormwater from carrying pollutants to the ocean. When mulched, trees act like a sponge that filters this water naturally and uses it to recharge groundwater supplies.

TREES HELP PREVENT SOIL EROSION
On hillsides or stream slopes, trees slow runoff and hold soil in place.

TREES SHIELD CHILDREN FROM ULTRA-VIOLET RAYS
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. Trees reduce UV-B exposure by about 50 percent, thus providing protection to children on school campuses and playgrounds - where children spend hours outdoors.

TREES PROVIDE FOOD
An apple tree can yield up to 15-20 bushels of fruit per year and can be planted on the tiniest urban lot. Aside from fruit for humans, trees provide food for birds and wildlife.
TREES HEAL
Studies have shown that patients with views of trees out their windows heal faster and with less complications. Children with ADHD show fewer symptoms when they have access to nature. Exposure to trees and nature aids concentration by reducing mental fatigue.

TREES REDUCE VIOLENCE
Neighborhoods and homes that are barren have shown to have a greater incidence of violence in and out of the home than their greener counterparts. Trees and landscaping help to reduce the level of fear.

TREES MARK THE SEASONS
Is it winter, spring, summer or fall? Look at the trees.

TREES CREATE ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES
Fruit harvested from community orchards can be sold, thus providing income. Small business opportunities in green waste management and landscaping arise when cities value mulching and its water-saving qualities. Vocational training for youth interested in green jobs is also a great way to develop economic opportunities from trees.

TREES ARE TEACHERS AND PLAYMATES
Whether as houses for children or creative and spiritual inspiration for adults, trees have provided the space for human retreat throughout the ages.

TREES BRING DIVERSE GROUPS OF PEOPLE TOGETHER
Tree plantings provide an opportunity for community involvement and empowerment that improves the quality of life in our neighborhoods. All cultures, ages, and genders have an important role to play at a tree planting or tree care event.

TREES ADD UNITY
Trees as landmarks can give a neighborhood a new identity and encourage civic pride.

TREES PROVIDE A CANOPY AND HABITAT FOR WILDLIFE
Sycamore and oak are among the many urban species that provide excellent urban homes for birds, bees, possums and squirrels.

TREES BLOCK THINGS
Trees can mask concrete walls or parking lots, and unsightly views. They muffle sound from nearby streets and freeways, and create an eye-soothing canopy of green. Trees absorb dust and wind and reduce glare.

TREES PROVIDE WOOD
In suburban and rural areas, trees can be selectively harvested for fuel and craft wood.

TREES INCREASE PROPERTY VALUES
The beauty of a well-planted property and its surrounding street and neighborhood can raise property values by as much as 15 percent.

TREES INCREASE BUSINESS TRAFFIC
Studies show that the more trees and landscaping a business district has, the more business will flow in. A tree-lined street will also slow traffic – enough to allow the drivers to look at the store fronts instead of whizzing by.

TREES CAN LIVE WITHOUT HUMUNS , HUMUNS CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT TREES.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 07:03:15 PM

It's been calculated that as little as 1/8" of live green stuff on the land of the Earth would completely zero out the additional Co2 from our activities.

But as tvfcov noted it doesn't have to be trees. It's really just us humans that like the trees better than pond scum.

Basically, if something doesn't form coal beds (like, say, peat bogs) then it is carbon neutral.  Doesn't matter if it is an old-growth forest or an inch of slime.  When things fall to the forest floor, they rot and the carbon is released right back into the atmosphere.  And a lot of forests burn regularly which simply speeds make the process more of a step-wise function.

People have a tendancy to think in timeframe terms they are familiar with; a few decades.  Trying to map these geological timescale systems to human timeframes is just stupid.

All of the carbon given off by people on a yearly basis + the vastly more given off by completely natural things (like seasonally cyclic decompositions) + all of the oil and coal reserves under the surface of the earth are completely dwarfed just by the amount of carbon disolved in the waters of the ocean.

Then you have to consider that sequestered by animal activity such as all of the karsk deposits (limestone) which is a massive amount (but nothing compared to that disolved in the ocean.)  This is probably one of the main reasons that available atmospheric carbon availability is at historic lows in geological timeframes.

The long and the short of it is that the 'footprint' of humans in the whole carbon cycle analysis is completely trivial and meaningless.  That is in terms of both geological timerframes AND human timeframes.

Anthropogenic climate change via carbon dioxide is as big a shame as 'covid-19', and is brought to you by the very same people and for the very same reasons:  Seeking to legitimize their power-grabs and scapegoating average people as one of the devices used in their efforts.  It's ridiculous and it's sick.

When it comes to trees, it's worth note that the same tiny group of oligarchs who own the mineral wealth also own vast forests (e.g., Weyerhauser in my area.)  They simply don't want the competition from state and national forests so they get a bunch of eco-simpletons to worship trees.  Note that the greenies almost never hassle to large forest corporations anymore.  It's almost always in a national forest where they go 'owl spotting' and such-like.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 07:12:05 PM

Basically, if something doesn't form coal beds (like, say, peat bogs) then it is carbon neutral.  Doesn't matter if it is an old-growth forest or an inch of slime.  When things fall to the forest floor, they rot and the carbon is released right back into the atmosphere.  And a lot of forests burn regularly which simply speeds make the process more of a step-wise function.

People have a tendancy to think in timeframe terms they are familiar with; a few decades.  Trying to map these geological timescale systems to human timeframes is just stupid....

It's true, until I started to read about and actually understand geology, I didn't even understand rocks. Let alone green stuff like trees.

But it's nice we have so many that know it all. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: