Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Alterdot(ADOT), Web3 using Blockchain and IPFS, CPU Mining, Masternodes  (Read 4166 times)
mrankin (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 10:43:49 PM

The price in altmarkets is very low right now. I understand that you just got listed. But you started low here. What are the strategies from the dev's end to boost your value in the trading market? Aside from looking in mn site listings, how about real application of your coin? That might help in elevating the value of your coin.

I agree 100%. For now I see the real application being in used for online payments as that was what the code was designed for. Need to make some changes to make it more appealing for this use-case. Any changes would still have to be voted on and approved by the community, but as I see it the block time of 128 seconds is to high for transactions, and I'd also like to see the transaction fee lowered considerably. If this is the road that we are going to head down then we need to ensure that the coin is ready for use rather then trying to make it fit as it is.

Happy to discuss further in Discord.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2020, 07:55:44 AM

I will be following this thread as i joined as a community manager. I'll try to answer any question as fast as i can.

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2020, 11:43:38 PM

i saw in roadmap

Q4 2019
Community Poll on remapping the emission of BitCreds and changing from PoW + Masternodes to PoS + Masternodes or PoW + PoS + Masternodes
Community Poll on PoS details (inflation, rewards, etc.) if approved at the previous Community Poll

right now have POS or only Pow and Masternodes?
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2020, 03:55:04 AM

i saw in roadmap

Q4 2019
Community Poll on remapping the emission of BitCreds and changing from PoW + Masternodes to PoS + Masternodes or PoW + PoS + Masternodes
Community Poll on PoS details (inflation, rewards, etc.) if approved at the previous Community Poll

right now have POS or only Pow and Masternodes?

The poll was completed with the majority opting for no change to the PoW + Masternodes rewards. No plans for changing the rewards in the future. I'll update the Roadmap now, thanks for pointing this out.
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2020, 11:52:23 PM

Just an FYI to all that the BitCreds Explorer is offline as we are rebuilding it to include Masternode stats. Will update this thread when it's back online again, should be less than a week.
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2020, 01:00:26 AM

Bitcreds' new explorer is live, but still indexing the last couple of months of chain, should be up to date within a few days.

https://explorer.bitcreds.org/
MNRank

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2020, 04:37:45 PM

BitCreds (BCRS) has been listed on #MNRank

https://mnrank.com/coin/BCRS/

Welcome
@bitcreds

MNRank.com - maternodes ranking, stats and monitoring service.
-10% for listing on https://crex24.com/     -10% for listing on https://stex.com
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 05:22:25 PM

Explorer not working
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 10:12:01 PM

Explorer not working

I can't see any issues with the explorer - https://explorer.bitcreds.org
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 04:28:33 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2020, 09:36:00 AM by mrankin

Here are the results of the Bitcreds MN Collateral increase poll -

As such, we are working on v1.6.0 now which will have the MN collateral increased from 5000 to 50000 at block 850,000.

UPDATE - Code for v1.6.0 is now released, compiled versions coming in the next 24 hours.
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 12:43:00 AM

BitCreds version 1.6.0

BitCreds version 1.6.0 has been released! This is a compulsory update that includes a hard fork at block 850,000 that will change the masternode collateral from 5,000 BCRS to 50,000 BCRS. The code doesn't enforce MN payments so it is expected that the first few hundred block past block 850,000 will not include any MN rewards as there won't be any MN's enabled at that point.
Please update all your nodes ASAP. Documentation can be found at https://bitcreds.org/#documents

https://github.com/Bitcreds/BCRS/releases/tag/v1.6.0.0
MNRank

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 03:42:59 PM

Explorer for BitCreds (BCRS) has been activated on MnRank Explorer:
https://explorer.mnrank.com/explorer/BCRS

MNRank.com - maternodes ranking, stats and monitoring service.
-10% for listing on https://crex24.com/     -10% for listing on https://stex.com
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2020, 05:09:57 AM

All nodes currently on v1.5.0 or older are now being banned for 1 year from all my nodes due to the upcoming fork at block 850,000. To be unbanned contact me in Discord.
mrankin (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 12:50:13 AM

Hard Fork at block 850,000 completed. The masternode collateral required is now 50,000 BCRS. Website and all documentation has been updated to reflect this.
andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 02:40:02 PM

Hello there fellow cryptocurrency enthusiasts, I would like to tell you that I have returned to the project as the main developer and I am bringing some good news Smiley with me regarding the general direction the team has decided upon for Bitcreds.

The project will extend to include more than just the blockchain infrastructure and this is where IPFS, the InterPlanetary File System, comes in to play. You will receive more details about how exactly we're going to merge IPFS and blockchain together in the following announcements but be aware that for now most of them will come through our Discord server.  Here is the invite link in case you missed it: https://discord.gg/M2pyPDr

We're going to change some of the main parameters of the network to better suit us for the future and for the new direction, we are going for a lower annual inflation (lower block rewards and an increased block time), a hardened Argon2d algorithm and a lower Masternode collateral as currently the number of possible MNs on our network is too small. This new direction also implies an eventual change in the overall indentity of the project.

Last thing you might want to know is that the new functionalities will imply burning of coins and you will have to burn them in order to use the new services we're going to offer.
cryptomaxsun
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387

Ukrainians will resist

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 04:32:13 AM

Hello there fellow cryptocurrency enthusiasts, I would like to tell you that I have returned to the project as the main developer and I am bringing some good news Smiley with me regarding the general direction the team has decided upon for Bitcreds.

The project will extend to include more than just the blockchain infrastructure and this is where IPFS, the InterPlanetary File System, comes in to play. You will receive more details about how exactly we're going to merge IPFS and blockchain together in the following announcements but be aware that for now most of them will come through our Discord server.  Here is the invite link in case you missed it: https://discord.gg/M2pyPDr

We're going to change some of the main parameters of the network to better suit us for the future and for the new direction, we are going for a lower annual inflation (lower block rewards and an increased block time), a hardened Argon2d algorithm and a lower Masternode collateral as currently the number of possible MNs on our network is too small. This new direction also implies an eventual change in the overall indentity of the project.

Last thing you might want to know is that the new functionalities will imply burning of coins and you will have to burn them in order to use the new services we're going to offer.
Great news! Could you provide a timeline? When can we expect all these innovations?
And will there be a marketing campaign? It's no secret - few people know about the project,
you need to convey information to the masses, but this requires money and a certain budget.
How do you plan to solve this problem?

❘|❘ Cлaвa Укpaинe! ❘|❘ Glory to Ukraine! ❘|❘
❘|❘ КaPФaгeн дoлжeн быть paзpyшeн ❘|❘
andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 07:22:44 PM

Great news! Could you provide a timeline? When can we expect all these innovations?
And will there be a marketing campaign? It's no secret - few people know about the project,
you need to convey information to the masses, but this requires money and a certain budget.

I stated on Discord that this was more of a pre-announcement and that for now this is the only information I'm willing to offer. The timeline depends a lot on how many people join me on this quest so to speak.

For now, we will be working on the next big release of information about the project and I will continue to develop the codebase myself so that we have a solid starting point. There's a saying that goes along the lines that first you should lead/help yourself and then others will follow therefore after the following announcements I plan on taking some new people with me on this endeavour.

As a final note, we're mainly looking for C++ and JavaScript developers and I think it will be not just a job for them but something to look up to with a big smile. Grin
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 11:42:28 PM

I stated on Discord that this was more of a pre-announcement and that for now this is the only information I'm willing to offer. The timeline depends a lot on how many people join me on this quest so to speak.

For now, we will be working on the next big release of information about the project and I will continue to develop the codebase myself so that we have a solid starting point. There's a saying that goes along the lines that first you should lead/help yourself and then others will follow therefore after the following announcements I plan on taking some new people with me on this endeavour.

As a final note, we're mainly looking for C++ and JavaScript developers and I think it will be not just a job for them but something to look up to with a big smile. Grin

What particular use cases in the market are you going to explore this time? What do you think will be your main business to focus with so as to ensure that this platform will not gonna die? Most alts are dying because they can't venture a specific use case successfully. If you can get at least one strong use case in the market, I believe you can survive a lil bit long than others.
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 11:25:40 AM

What particular use cases in the market are you going to explore this time? What do you think will be your main business to focus with so as to ensure that this platform will not gonna die? Most alts are dying because they can't venture a specific use case successfully. If you can get at least one strong use case in the market, I believe you can survive a lil bit long than others.

I understand your concerns/curiosity when it comes to tackling these real world (existential) problems, but do not forget that projects start out from passion. Andrew2k has been with BCRS from the start but he was never in a leadership role making executive decisions, the project has been adrift from the start.

Now that Andrew2k has stepped up we can expect developments with a sense of direction, this is not to say that this project will be a success but it does say that time and effort will be spent. The onus is on him including the entrepreneurial risk that comes with the job. Let's give it some time and see where he leads it.  Grin

mrankin (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 08:19:46 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2020, 08:42:45 PM by mrankin

MANDATORY UPDATE

@everyone, new update, this one brings with it changes to several network characteristics that will be applied in a two-step process (two hard forks).

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: