Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone still mining with GPUs?  (Read 934 times)
sad_miner (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

Some personal text

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 09:22:15 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

I've mined with a few ASICs before, which was nice and easy.  I find GPU mining a bit more difficult, for lack of coins and software.  For instance I can't modify an old Bitcoin release and use an old Bitcoin GPU miner to experiment with (or any coin that uses same proof of work).

GPUs should be quite flexible (still) if not profitable.  I'm fascinated with the subject and would like to learn a bit more, so after changing the proof of work in some version of Bitcoin, I could try and verify it with GPU mining software.

Maybe if there's a good keccak/something else GPU miner, I could rip out SHA256d and try that out.  Not sure what GPU mining software is flexible enough to handle a lot of algorithms though. Can anyone recommend a good GPU miner?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 04:09:13 AM
Merited by nc50lc (2)

if you have nvidia cards
i will suggest checking out ccminer
specifically alexis build
ccminer also supports majority of algos
MinerPath

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 05:10:58 PM

I've mined with a few ASICs before, which was nice and easy.  I find GPU mining a bit more difficult, for lack of coins and software.  For instance I can't modify an old Bitcoin release and use an old Bitcoin GPU miner to experiment with (or any coin that uses same proof of work).

GPUs should be quite flexible (still) if not profitable.  I'm fascinated with the subject and would like to learn a bit more, so after changing the proof of work in some version of Bitcoin, I could try and verify it with GPU mining software.

Maybe if there's a good keccak/something else GPU miner, I could rip out SHA256d and try that out.  Not sure what GPU mining software is flexible enough to handle a lot of algorithms though. Can anyone recommend a good GPU miner?

Thanks

If you find GPU mining difficult I can point you to my blog where I'm listing the best and easiest mining software to use- https://bitcoinminingsoftware2019.com. I personally use Kryptex, but CudoMiner is also great, and there are several other alternatives that you can test out.
sad_miner (OP)

Activity: 48

Some personal text

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 08:22:11 PM

Thanks!

I appreciate the responses, I'll give it a shot.
Herry Toms

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 05:04:41 PM

if you have nvidia cards
i will suggest checking out ccminer
specifically alexis build
ccminer also supports majority of algos

I have Nvidia cards but never tried this CCminer, is it have all algo's? I'm specially asking for the CryptoNight algorithms.
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 08:10:57 AM

I would recommend you leave the GPU, because it's been quite a long time, and I think there are also many better developments from the GPU, it's just that it depends on the needs and money you have to get maximum mining results.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 08:47:30 AM

I've mined with a few ASICs before, which was nice and easy.  I find GPU mining a bit more difficult, for lack of coins and software.  For instance I can't modify an old Bitcoin release and use an old Bitcoin GPU miner to experiment with (or any coin that uses same proof of work).

GPUs should be quite flexible (still) if not profitable.  I'm fascinated with the subject and would like to learn a bit more, so after changing the proof of work in some version of Bitcoin, I could try and verify it with GPU mining software.

Maybe if there's a good keccak/something else GPU miner, I could rip out SHA256d and try that out.  Not sure what GPU mining software is flexible enough to handle a lot of algorithms though. Can anyone recommend a good GPU miner?

Thanks

If you find GPU mining difficult I can point you to my blog where I'm listing the best and easiest mining software to use- https://bitcoinminingsoftware2019.com. I personally use Kryptex, but CudoMiner is also great, and there are several other alternatives that you can test out.

Noob page, with noob software for kids XD

If you're having trouble mining with GPU, you'd better not start mining with it Roll Eyes

Learn the basics!
Herry Toms

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:11:09 PM

I've mined with a few ASICs before, which was nice and easy.  I find GPU mining a bit more difficult, for lack of coins and software.  For instance I can't modify an old Bitcoin release and use an old Bitcoin GPU miner to experiment with (or any coin that uses same proof of work).

GPUs should be quite flexible (still) if not profitable.  I'm fascinated with the subject and would like to learn a bit more, so after changing the proof of work in some version of Bitcoin, I could try and verify it with GPU mining software.

Maybe if there's a good keccak/something else GPU miner, I could rip out SHA256d and try that out.  Not sure what GPU mining software is flexible enough to handle a lot of algorithms though. Can anyone recommend a good GPU miner?

Thanks

Noob page, with noob software for kids XD

If you're having trouble mining with GPU, you'd better not start mining with it Roll Eyes

Learn the basics!
I think this was not the right answer, for monero I'm using XMR-STAK-RX which is free and going great till now, what he needs to do is to search for best mining software on google there would be the better answers.
x3t9fi

Activity: 414
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 12:50:17 PM

Are there any really lucrative GPU coins left? I guess not, right?

> Alles im Universum ist entweder eine Ente oder nicht. <
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1405

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 03:02:21 PM

depending on the point of view, the main point is the cost of kw / h is low?

profitability has improved significantly in the last 30 days prices went up: ETC +146%, XZC +86%, ETH +37 %

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2020, 07:03:26 PM

profitability has improved significantly in the last 30 days prices went up: ETC +146%, XZC +86%, ETH +37 %

As I always said, it depends how much you are paying for electricity, for me it's not worth anymore, I pay 0.20cents USD kw, but for a guy who pays 0.5c can be profitable

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 05:09:30 AM

Yes the price might of went up by +146% but look at the difficulty,
https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/ethereum-classic/difficulty-chart

In the last 30 days it went from 120T to 230T which is almost 100% gain. So the profitability only improved slightly, also keep in mind there are still miners which will make the switch.

The issue with ETC is the small miner reward, if ETH had a gain of 100% then the profitability would be much much better.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 06:29:14 PM

I've been mining with the same 120 gpu's for 3 years.  I pay 6 cents a KHW and its the only reason they are still running.  Things are improving slightly but not enough to buy more gear or upgrade.  I'd love to expand or upgrade but but can't justify it right now.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 06:38:04 PM

Much better if you want to find which miner is the best or good miner use awesomeminer to find better GPU miner.
Awesomeminer is a good tool for GPU you will see all listed miner from their tool and it is free to use for one rig.
Official thread is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0
You can also use their tool called benchmark under that tool where you can benchmark which miner and algo will make you more profit today.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
ZombieWorm

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 11:04:43 PM

I've been mining with the same 120 gpu's for 3 years.  I pay 6 cents a KHW and its the only reason they are still running.  Things are improving slightly but not enough to buy more gear or upgrade.  I'd love to expand or upgrade but but can't justify it right now.

This is a great second income. Congrats, its what mining was meant to be until everyone got wind of it and over-saturated the space.
Herry Toms

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 05:37:57 PM

If your elec costs are low and you have long-term perspective then try out GPU mining and check out CN coins such as RYO or any other.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 08:18:01 PM

I am still doing GPU mining. Now mining profitability has fallen dramatically, but I do not turn off my farms because they bring me a small income in the form of ETH. Although for me now, GPU mining is an interesting creative activity and not earnings.
Nasimalika

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:38:58 PM

List of models and their features:
    * AMD Radeon VII – high independent hashrate, increased power consumption;
    * AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 – high efficiency, low price in comparison with analogues;
    * AMD RX580-balanced features made this card one of the most popular;
    * AMD RX480-one of the advantages is the cost, low overclocking is attributed to the disadvantages.
There are also intermediate video card models, but their advantages do not cover the disadvantages. According to statistics, although with a small percentage, AMD products outperform GeForce analog cards in popularity.
One of the main advantages of "red" cards is called a higher overclocking potential, which is very important for mining. For AMD cards, the choice of additional utilities, programs, and firmware is extensive. A good help for a novice miner is a quick payback. AMD cards are cheaper than green cards. The rating of models is specified on special sites that are in the public domain.
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 11:56:09 PM

List of models and their features:
    * AMD Radeon VII – high independent hashrate, increased power consumption;
    * AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 – high efficiency, low price in comparison with analogues;
    * AMD RX580-balanced features made this card one of the most popular;
    * AMD RX480-one of the advantages is the cost, low overclocking is attributed to the disadvantages.
There are also intermediate video card models, but their advantages do not cover the disadvantages. According to statistics, although with a small percentage, AMD products outperform GeForce analog cards in popularity.
One of the main advantages of "red" cards is called a higher overclocking potential, which is very important for mining. For AMD cards, the choice of additional utilities, programs, and firmware is extensive. A good help for a novice miner is a quick payback. AMD cards are cheaper than green cards. The rating of models is specified on special sites that are in the public domain.

Don't buy the Radeon VII, I had 12 had to RMA 8 of them.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 01:34:54 AM

I stopped mining few months ago, but will comback soon since i'll be having a free electricity for my farm. Small profit still a profit =D
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: