Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:39:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in Alts instead of Bitcoin for far greater returns (or losses)  (Read 1449 times)
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 12:09:50 PM

actually you are not stupid because putting money on lots of altcoin but this is too dangerous, maybe you can have a lot of money if altcoin also pumps in 2020 but if altcoin only has prices like now or more down then you will regret it. if I were you I would still choose bitcoin as the largest portfolio

Actually if a person has no purpose of his money, it's his freedom to take full responsibility of the money he owned. What I analyze with alts investments when bearish market is dominating aggressively, losses is always taking the lead and won't give you such profit compared with bitcoin as an asset.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 02:36:59 PM

well no one can conclude what you are doing now because we will see the results later, but yes it is a bit risky if putting all your investment in ALT would be better if you put 50-60% in BTC the rest in ALT. anyway goodluck for your investment.

Many people are splitting their investment into more than 10 cryptocurrency because they are never sure with one coin analysis, crypto price could always suprice us even with a great analysis and good news a coin could be dropped because dumped by whales. So if we want to survive in cryptocurrency, never putting so much expectation in one or 2 coins only
It's better to diversify your funds than investing it in two or three altcoins. Invest more on bitcoin and choose the best altcoins you think that would give you the profit you wished you could get during the bull run. Don't trust too much on altcoins because most of them are just following the trend of bitcoin. So always stay in bitcoin no matter what.
Indeed, most altcoins are like shadows of bitcoin's price movement so i am a little bit against the OP's decision to choose altcoins rather than bitcoin to be in his portfolio. Making your money go to multiple cryptocurrency can help you maximize your profit and minimize your loss so i agree that you put large percentage of your total asset in bitcoin maybe 40%-60% range and then choose good looking altcoins like ETH and XRP and others to complete your portfolio.
I don't actually trust too much on XRP but there are better alts than Ripple anyway. Ethereum is quite good for a first altcoin in your blockfolio then choose the other altcoins that would really give the best profit just like in the past when there's a bull market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Landak

Activity: 1386
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 02:42:07 PM

you a combination of the three and you are not stupid because that is your decision. I guess it's fine if you do that, investing in bitcoin and altcoin. many people also do that, but in choosing altcoin they usually have thought carefully and do research so as not to suffer a lot of losses. in other words, don't randomly invest in altcoin.

HILIH                                                                                                                                                                 KINTIL
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 02:44:29 PM

Well taking about alts, I see ETC as still a good entry, cause if will be implemented on the sharding ETH becoming 2.0, there will be a new ATH for ETC for sure

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 03:12:15 PM

Over 90 percent of Altcoins are scam or useless. anyone else who tells you differently is a fool. Maybe some of them actually have good intentions and one day if some of them prove to be legit, but until then.This is a game in which the goal is to accumulate as many Bitcoin as possible. You're allowed to use fiat directly but you can also buy altcoins, pump them and sell them for Bitcoin before the 3rd Halvening. I am sure, in the end, only Bitcoin will be valuable.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 04:06:17 PM

i am bitcoin bully,but i don't wanna spoil a chance to profit good in market when altcoin has a chance as well.

for now i am looking at Ethereum 2.0 to give altcoin enough signal to move up ,together with the growth of market from Bitcoin Halving.

i may suggest diversifying our investment and just leave 50% for bitcoin and the rest is for altcoins
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 05:05:57 PM

Investing alts is not always profitable and if you are planning to hold for a longer time then it is never a good idea. Holding more than 80% of your portfolio in Bitcoin is always preferred. Alts may give you a higher profit but dont forget that it can go down anytime and you will never get back your investment.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 10:15:06 PM

Investing in top altcoin is a good tactics. Assuming you've much of altcoin token in your portfolio, like about 30,000 tokens. And the bull run starts. It happens that each of the altcoin goes above 80x as the profit. What exactly will be your stories.
It's not about investing mostly on bitcoin, but at times you gat to channel your investment to top altcoin

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 05:17:33 PM

If the main goal of your investing is to have a secured income for a future, you better go to bitcoin since it is a long term investment unlike altcoins that increases its price for a short period of time. Also, the altcoin price is having a hard time to recover when the price of it goes down unlike bitcoin since it has a help coming from its trusted investors. So I would suggest that go to bitcoin or split your investment into bitcoin and altcoin.

nekonyun

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 06:25:10 PM

your decision is good and brave, I myself also hold altcoin top coinmarketcap which has cheap prices such as, xrp, bat, eos, xlm because altcoin top coinmarketcap will not die unlike shitcoin which every day trading volume decreases and finally shitcoin die
Hairynipples (OP)

Activity: 362
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 07:02:16 PM

your decision is good and brave, I myself also hold altcoin top coinmarketcap which has cheap prices such as, xrp, bat, eos, xlm because altcoin top coinmarketcap will not die unlike shitcoin which every day trading volume decreases and finally shitcoin die

You and I are on the same page Smiley   I too only invested in top Alts from the top 13 at CMC with real use cases such as ETH,BNB,TRX,EOS and ADA.

sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 07:08:47 PM

At the risk of going against what most Crypto investors suggest, I've decided to keep the majority of my portfolio consisting of projects from the top 20 Alts (apart from BSV and BCH which are shitcoins) working on the assumption that many of them are down by a far greater percentage in the last few years than bitcoin which has actually gone up Smiley

I'm well aware its a gamble but I'm prepared to run the risk of either making insanely large profits or losing my $2K investment especially after watching the markets the last few days, Alt prices have gone up and down faster than a hookers knickers  Grin

Your thoughts peeps? am I stupid, brave, a pathological gambler or a combination of the the three?

Possibly all 3, but aren't we all. Most likely outcome will be that you don't lose much in dollars but you lose a lot against btc value unless there will be insane alt season from out of the blue. But i think that's still far away so there might be a pump but that might as well be a lot less in btc pair.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 10:53:21 PM

I'm still invest in bitcoin but of course we can see that some altcoin that have a great value that will good to invest. It depends also in the situation of the crypto market. Also we know that all is most focusing in bitcoin price than to alts so some investors still choosing bitcoin to invest.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 11:53:44 PM

You are BRAVE, based on the trends in the last 5 years, investing in altcoins is more profitable than investing in bitcoin.
True that you are talking a higher risk than investing with bitcoin, but the amount of profit would be enormous if every you succeed, the good thing is you can afford to lsoe your $2000 and you let go of it.

choosing the top 20 in the market is a wise choice IMO, you are clever enough because when times that market turns into bullish, those major altcoins will always lead the way.

some facts.

https://qz.com/1169000/ripple-was-the-best-performing-cryptocurrency-of-2017-beating-bitcoin/

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 07:20:24 AM

At the risk of going against what most Crypto investors suggest, I've decided to keep the majority of my portfolio consisting of projects from the top 20 Alts (apart from BSV and BCH which are shitcoins) working on the assumption that many of them are down by a far greater percentage in the last few years than bitcoin which has actually gone up Smiley

I'm well aware its a gamble but I'm prepared to run the risk of either making insanely large profits or losing my $2K investment especially after watching the markets the last few days, Alt prices have gone up and down faster than a hookers knickers  Grin

Your thoughts peeps? am I stupid, brave, a pathological gambler or a combination of the the three?
20 altcoin is too much, and we don't know whether the percentage will be even or not. more filtering among the 20 altcoins and holding back better, that's only advice, you can take it, and you can skip it. so far, I've only held bitcoin and ethereum. I focused on the two coins because I think this year, an increase in the price of altcoin will make these two coins rise. however, I think you need to include BCH and BCH SV in your portfolio. This month the two coins that you consider junk have a greater percentage than the other coins, even bitcoin.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 08:03:13 AM

Investing alts is not always profitable and if you are planning to hold for a longer time then it is never a good idea. Holding more than 80% of your portfolio in Bitcoin is always preferred. Alts may give you a higher profit but dont forget that it can go down anytime and you will never get back your investment.

No, but as people start to cash in their profits from holding Bitcoins, they'll start to look at other places to make a little bit of profit from. Most of them will invest in other top coins and that will help the price of altcoins out tremendously. I think as we get over $10,000, we'll start seeing people cashing out their profits from holding Bitcoin for the last while and buying into other coins to try and match that profit.
Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 08:12:49 AM

actually you are not stupid because putting money on lots of altcoin but this is too dangerous, maybe you can have a lot of money if altcoin also pumps in 2020 but if altcoin only has prices like now or more down then you will regret it. if I were you I would still choose bitcoin as the largest portfolio
altcoin has greater risk and reward. I think as long as we have strategy to do with alt, it is not wrong
We must know what we are doing in investing. Bcz we can evaluate if there is mistake happened
Actually, no matter the price up or down. Bcz in crypto can take long and short position. The matter is how we predict the price well and using money management
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 04:05:41 PM

altcoin has greater risk and reward. I think as long as we have strategy to do with alt, it is not wrong
We must know what we are doing in investing. Bcz we can evaluate if there is mistake happened
Actually, no matter the price up or down. Bcz in crypto can take long and short position. The matter is how we predict the price well and using money management
High volatility of the markets opens doors for a lot of investors to make quick profits from the ups and downs. There are chances to lose those amount we invested but if we can afford to make huge research about the coin we are investing into than we would never face any loss.

You should have the ability to understand the technical analysis and also to dig some background research about the coin to find out their product, actual demand for their product, accumulation of big whales, etc. Also as you mentioned, we can surely have profits from the bear markets too and thanks to leverage trading but never assume leverage trading as the easiest trading. There are huge risks hidden in leverage trading too.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 05:49:50 PM
Merited by FanEagle (3)

Aren't we all taking a bit of a risk here? Wasn't bitcoin essentially build around people who took risks as well? I am not saying you should do it, if you feel you would be doing something too risky maybe this is not for you however what people are doing is not weird, it is what bitcoin was build upon.

When Satoshi Nakomoto first created bitcoin, only a handful of people knew about it, with time it got wider audience and even started to worth some money and one day it went to 3 dollars per bitcoin, people were really shocked but wanted a taste of it, nowadays that bitcoin worths close to 9 thousand and was once 20 thousand dollars each. Top 20 is not the bad horrible coins, sure there are some like bch and bsv or even xrp if you ask me that are scammy and shady but the legit ones are actually trustworthy coins that worths the risks.
TemTum

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 06:31:22 AM

Temtum has gone 3x since it’s launch on coinall nearly a year ago, with the price steady and rising it might be one of the less risky alts out there but certainly has room to grow - much like bitcoin did in the early days
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: