Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GreenAddress: open source multisig wallet service  (Read 28197 times)
tryexcept (OP)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:35:51 PM

Added support for manual fees (per tx or per kb) in advanced view.

tryexcept (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:30:06 PM

Recent Interview:

Press Release multisig exchange and instant: http://blog.greenaddress.it/2014/09/16/the-rock-trading-exchange-implements-instant-transaction-confirmation-and-safer-customer-deposit-with-greenaddress/

rd809

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:38:29 PM

This is very good
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:57:29 PM

I just wanted to share this quick anecdote.

I've been using GreenAddress as my preferred mobile wallet for a little while now, and I've been quite happy with it.

I ran into a small issue on Friday that was preventing me from creating a transaction. It was easy to find a workaround though, so it wasn't tying me up. I did a little bit of troubleshooting, but eventually gave up.

I sent an email to their general support box on a Friday at 6pm (my local time) along with the steps to reproduce the issue, and I explicitly mentioned that it wasn't really affecting me, so it didn't matter how long it might take for a response.

To my surprise, I received a pretty detailed response back by 8am Saturday morning listing out a few different bugs (all relatively minor) that they had found and fixed, as well as an expected release timeframe for the updated version (about a week).

I just wanted to post here to commend them -- I was really impressed that they took the time to read my email and reproduce the issue, and that they got back so quickly (even though it wasn't a big deal to me). All this , and it's a free service.

So anyways, thanks for a great piece of software and a great service!

All the best,
Chris
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:50:42 AM

Any way to import a private key from Blockchain.info?
I tried several times but it did not work, apparently the format is not supported.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 10:41:19 AM

I see that Blockchain.info is giving different options from the export function:
- Base58
- Bitcoin-Qt Format
- Base64
- Hex
- Leave Private Keys Encripted

Did you try all of them?

I also found this:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet_import_format
http://gobittest.appspot.com/PrivateKey (I'm not sure that this is secure)

Maybe there are some ways to convert at least one of the blockchain.info formats to the WIF format.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:48:01 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 06:24:11 PM by conspirosphere.tk

I tried several ones, including screencapturing its QR-code, but none worked.
If anyone find a way plz post it.
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 09:11:35 PM

Any way to import a private key from Blockchain.info?
I tried several times but it did not work, apparently the format is not supported.

Blockchain.info is a strictly non-BIP32 wallet (an older method of creating addresses which requires frequent backups), and with the exception of vouchers*, GreenAddress.it is a strictly BIP32 (newer backup-friendly address creation) + multisig (much better malware protection vs. non-multisig wallets after enabling two-factor auth) wallet. There is no way to import/export between the two of them. If you'd like to switch from one to the other, you'll have to send btc from one to the other and stop using any old addresses (or continue to use both).

* Although I think you could technically create a voucher at GreenAddress and import its private keys into Blockchain.info, I have no idea why anyone would ever want to do this....
Billyboy402

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:14:23 PM

does Green address it have the saem RNG problems that blockchain.info has ?

looking at changing over with my mobile wallet

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
tryexcept (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:30:06 PM

GreenAddress uses RFC 6979 (deterministic signature) on all signatures (including hardware wallet like HW1) and uses only secure RNGs. 
If a secure RNG is not available the platform is simply not supported.

All client code is open source (https://github.com/greenaddress) and feedback is welcome!

Disclaimer: I'm the founder of GreenAddress.

Billyboy402

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:51:41 PM

GreenAddress uses RFC 6979 (deterministic signature) on all signatures (including hardware wallet like HW1) and uses only secure RNGs. 

All client code is open source (https://github.com/greenaddress) and feedback is welcome!

Sorry but any one that would be using your wallet are Noobs , why else would they not be running there own client on there own PC  Smiley Cheesy

so could we please get a Noob friendly answer ?

i am confused with all the blockchain.info talk out there

btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 11:21:41 PM

Sorry but any one that would be using your wallet are Noobs , why else would they not be running there own client on there own PC  Smiley Cheesy

so could we please get a Noob friendly answer ?

i am confused with all the blockchain.info talk out there

There are two ways of creating a bitcoin transaction. The (generally considered older) way requires a very secure RNG (an unpredictable random number generator), and for this reason it's considered a bit more risky. This is the method that Blockchain.info uses, and a recent change inadvertently broke their RNG for a little while.

The other way is what tryexcept mentioned -- it doesn't need any RNG for creating a transaction, and is generally considered safer (although since it's also newer, not every wallet uses it). It's also much easier to write tests for, if the developers use an automated testing tool to make sure that no bugs creep in.

(There are other ways too, but they're worse than the methods above, so they're rarely used.)

(You do still need a good RNG when you first create your wallet though.)
Billyboy402

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:01:52 AM

So not been bias - greenaddress.it would be a safer option then say blockchain.info
As a mobile wallet ?

I am guessing nothing is 100% but ATM green doesn't have any known flaws ?

btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 02:10:10 AM

So not been bias - greenaddress.it would be a safer option then say blockchain.info
As a mobile wallet ?

I am guessing nothing is 100% but ATM green doesn't have any known flaws ?

Technology-wise, they check off a number of boxes which Blockchain.info misses.

I don't think they have any black marks in their history (BC.i has a number of them), but they're also much younger than BC.i. Short of an independent audit... it's awfully hard to say.

Having said that, they are the mobile wall that I've chosen to use, so I at least think that they're a safe option.

If you do go with them, please be certain to:

• Write down your "mnemonic" as soon as you can. It's your backup, your password (PIN) recovery, and it's the only way you can log into your wallet from new devices. Don't save it to your PC (or learn how to use strong encryption if you must).
  • Don't be afraid of using the PIN quick login option, it may seem like weak security but it's actually quite strong (and convenient). (If you enter your PIN in wrong just 3 times, it becomes useless and you'll need your mnemonic which you wrote down earlier.)
  • Enable email notification for both inbound and outbound notifications. Each email notification contains a special recovery file which you'll need should GreenAddress ever disappear from the net (heaven forbid, of course).
  • If you intend on using GreenAddress from a desktop, enable two-factor authentication. For a mobile, I'd be less concerned about two-factor.

That's my 2 satoshis...
tryexcept (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:51:34 PM

New Android app coming!

Click to see a short demonstration with a (optional) Trezor!

Want to try it now?

The app is actually available in early Beta for both Testnet and Mainet on a G+ community (requires to join the community to download the app)

G+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/114049784968466332392

Testnet https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.greenaddress.greenbits_android_wallet.testnet

Prod https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.greenaddress.greenbits_android_wallet

All feedback and feature requests are welcome!

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 03:55:29 AM

The android app looks sweet, can't wait to try it out!
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 08:24:28 AM

This new one is very user-friendly Smiley

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Not working for me.

I started with a blank Trezor,  upgraded to 1.3.0 firmware and everything was working well using desktop chrome + the chrome extension.  I was able to generate a 24 word seed on trezor and login.

Using the same trezor on a Note 4, the trezor is detected and I was able to login to the desktop chrome extension wallet

When I plug in the trezor to my note 4 via OTG, the Greenbit (mainnet) app does pop up and ask's me to follow the commands on Trezor's screen and greenbit fades away after 1-2 seconds.

Unplug/replug doesn't help. Only the lockscreen on Trezor. 

Wiping Trezor and starting blank, has the same problem.

On a lighter note, HW1 plus desktop chrome extension works well, and this sane HW1 works with android wallet Cordova. The android app can't seem to initialize a blank HW1 like the desktop extension can.

LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:36:25 PM

New Android app coming!

Click to see a short demonstration with a (optional) Trezor!

Want to try it now?

The app is actually available in early Beta for both Testnet and Mainet on a G+ community (requires to join the community to download the app)

G+ community https://plus.google.com/communities/114049784968466332392

Testnet https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.greenaddress.greenbits_android_wallet.testnet

Prod https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.greenaddress.greenbits_android_wallet

All feedback and feature requests are welcome!

Great. I will test it out soon.

So this is the official application from Greenaddress?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
tryexcept (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:40:09 PM

On a lighter note, HW1 plus desktop chrome extension works well, and this sane HW1 works with android wallet Cordova. The android app can't seem to initialize a blank HW1 like the desktop extension can.

Correct, only the desktop app can currently initialize an HW.1 or Ledger or Trezor for that matter.
In the future the functionality will be added to the mobile apps too.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work with the Note 4.
As you know GreenBits is still in Beta and Trezor support is very recent but we tested the functionality on both a Nexus 5 and a Galaxy S5 so far and it works for both Mainnet and Testnet.

One thing to notice is that currently if you try to access your wallet with a Trezor but on the wrong network, i.e. use a testnet seed on prod or viceversa, then the app currently doesn't show an error, just redirects to the first screen where you can create a new wallet or access your existing one. I take this is not what you are seeing as you spoke clearly about mainnet.

We'll try on more devices but one thing to keep in mind is that this is not something we can test with the Android emulator as far as I know and obviously we don't have all Android devices at disposal.

It would help if you could provide an adb logcat trace, to see if anything that goes wrong is visible in the logs.

If this is too much to ask we understand, after all normally people don't have adb or Android tools installed on their computer Smiley

I have a feeling I know what it could be, I'll test on a Nexus 7 today to see if it has to do with larger layouts in which case we should be able to fix this quickly.

Thanks for trying it!

So this is the official application from Greenaddress?

Not yet but it will be eventually. Currently the new app, called GreenBits, is still in Beta and does not support all features offered by our other GreenAddress app for Android but it is already much better for a snappier user experience on the go.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: