Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to mine Ethereum.  (Read 411 times)
YourKarma (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2020, 12:01:13 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Hey everyone.
Im new to crypto and new to mining. Past couple of month was studying crypto and think i now understand it quite well. I have made decision to get into ETH mining. I was reading that mining isnt that profitable, but some posts i found in 2017. People where making fortune. And now i think i understand how the mining works. If you are in mining already , when coin price skyrockets you make lots. When coin price down you make nothing. I have very good rate of electric, so i think im ahead of most of the mining farms. I have 40kw available at 0.04 cents.
Could you please recommend GPU for mining Ethereum.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1303

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2020, 12:39:46 PM

As I always recommend: https://whattomine.com/coins
You can see all the GPUs and compare which one is the most profitable at the moment

There's a lot of options to chose, you can buy very cheap AMDs RX 580 or 570 used, to mine Ethash coins
You can buy Nvidias to have more coins to mine...it depends how much are you willing to spend

You have a good electricity rate, you can gain some money with that, but remember, if you are gambling on the future, it's better to buy the coin and hold

Why don't you start small? Start mining with a card you already have and start learning with practice

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 04:12:07 PM
Merited by nc50lc (2)

I don't recommend the RX 570 GPU as suggested above 4gb card is no longer supported on mining ethereum.

If you want to mine Ethereum the best cards to mine Ethereum are both rx480 and rx580 that has 8gb memory. and I think you can buy 2nd hand which is super cheap and make you profit with 0.04cents.

Use calculator like the tool mention above and this one coincalculators.io to calculate how much you can make daily with these cards.

According to calculator this is your daily profit without Electricity $1.36 and with electricity $0.97.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2020, 04:47:48 PM

I don't recommend the RX 570 GPU as suggested above 4gb card is no longer supported on mining ethereum.

If you want to mine Ethereum the best cards to mine Ethereum are both rx480 and rx580 that has 8gb memory. and I think you can buy 2nd hand which is super cheap and make you profit with 0.04cents.

Use calculator like the tool mention above and this one coincalculators.io to calculate how much you can make daily with these cards.

According to calculator this is your daily profit without Electricity $1.36 and with electricity $0.97.

Don't forget that RX 570 have both versions, 4gb or 8gb

I used to mining with some 570 8gb and were very good cards to achieve power efficiency

Both cards (570 and 580) have 4gb and 8gb versions

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Herry Toms

Activity: 236
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 06:47:44 PM

I think RX 580 is still the best GPU to mine ETH you can try it with that. But no one knows when its price will go up Smiley
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 08:21:00 PM

get a rx580 or rx570 8gb variant with dual bios
dual bios is very important as you are going to flash a modify bios to get the best possible hash rate
YourKarma (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 10:13:33 AM
Merited by mineshop.eu (1)

Thank you for the suggestions guys.
Think RX570 is quite good choice for my electric rate. RX5700 is not far of price per hash and they at least are latest technology.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

Activity: 398
Merit: 56

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 10:17:53 AM

I would go for RX5700. Couple of benefits :
  • if you are planing to use all 40kw, then with RX5700 you would get more total hashrate
  • price per hash is about the same
  • RX5700 has less power usage watt per hash
  • RX5700 better resale value

rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 05:37:17 PM

Thank you for the suggestions guys.
Think RX570 is quite good choice for my electric rate. RX5700 is not far of price per hash and they at least are latest technology.

Just need to add a tip, to take a look at another cards and coins to mine to not depends exclusively on ETH, with Nvidia cards you can mine some another great coins

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 10:34:54 PM

Hey everyone.
Im new to crypto and new to mining. Past couple of month was studying crypto and think i now understand it quite well. I have made decision to get into ETH mining. I was reading that mining isnt that profitable, but some posts i found in 2017. People where making fortune. And now i think i understand how the mining works. If you are in mining already , when coin price skyrockets you make lots. When coin price down you make nothing. I have very good rate of electric, so i think im ahead of most of the mining farms. I have 40kw available at 0.04 cents.
Could you please recommend GPU for mining Ethereum.

There is some basic things you need to understand before get into mining Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2208927

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Ripster

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 03:22:14 AM

Im currently running about 50 Sapphire RX470's 8GB, there rock solid at 29Mh/s @95-100 watts per GPU from the wall. I find there also more affordable then the 580's, i had a dozen 580s, i myself couldn't push more then 30 ish, Mh/s and there were all around 110-120 watts per GPU

This was about a year or two ago, there are a lot more experienced miners then my self, with AMD cards its all about the right bios and under-volting

As mentioned earlier in this post, dont consider any 4GB GPU, they wont be able to mine with in another year or two.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 05:11:47 AM

Yes it is obviously true that when price sky-rockets you make lots however keep in mind that how high do you think ETH will reach in 2020 or 2021? You need to be realistic and realise that the bull run in 2017 which took ETH from $10 to $1400 won't happen again.

It would mean that ETH would need to go from $180 to $25200 per ETH, which is a figure that BTC might not hit anytime soon. So sure if you mine today per GPU you make like $0.25/per GPU/per day. So if you hold all these coins you would make $35/per GPU/per day.

However if you invested $10000 into the coin directly then you would net $1,400,000. Which is way more than you would get from mining. Keep in mind those figures most likely will never occur.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 06:20:54 AM

I wouldnt buy gtx 1080ti for mining,because it is difficult ROI and power hungry cards are has more chance to fail.Best option is rx5700xt and rx5600.rx5700 and gtx 1080ti nearly same hashrate on ETH and price, Better get new rx5700xt instead used nearly dead gtx1080ti.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2020, 01:04:52 PM

Yes it is obviously true that when price sky-rockets you make lots however keep in mind that how high do you think ETH will reach in 2020 or 2021? You need to be realistic and realise that the bull run in 2017 which took ETH from $10 to $1400 won't happen again.

It would mean that ETH would need to go from $180 to $25200 per ETH, which is a figure that BTC might not hit anytime soon. So sure if you mine today per GPU you make like $0.25/per GPU/per day. So if you hold all these coins you would make $35/per GPU/per day.

However if you invested $10000 into the coin directly then you would net $1,400,000. Which is way more than you would get from mining. Keep in mind those figures most likely will never occur.
Think we are in bull run already. Not sure where we are going to top, wish i knew Smiley But we dont need to reach so high to make same gains as 2017. You need actually lot more hardware as the total network hash-rate is growing to kill profitability, then when network is smaller. 2017 /2018 there was no gpus available anywhere. So what would happen if we would need twice as many gpus as they where demanded end of 2017.

miramon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 09:34:18 PM

I also want to start mine ethereum, i don't know how to setup program for it. Which program to use?
rdluffy
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2020, 09:47:35 PM

I also want to start mine ethereum, i don't know how to setup program for it. Which program to use?

I used to mine with Claymore, look in this section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

With some time and patience reading the manual, you can easily mine with a few hours
You can watch some videos on youtube too

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2020, 12:52:12 PM

Using HiveOS , easiest mining software to use .
installation guide here.

YourKarma (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2020, 12:57:33 PM

installation guide here.

Does this software supports hardware monitoring , looking for some kind of automated solution.
mineshop.eu
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2020, 09:31:38 PM

installation guide here.

Does this software supports hardware monitoring , looking for some kind of automated solution.
We are in mining since 2015, and have used many king of mining software. This is one of the most advanced and has the most features in it. It is good for operating/monitoring your mining farm remotely. It has many great features auto reboots, temperature control, watchdog etc...
Only thing its free until 4 mining rigs after that you will need to pay 3usd a month for one mining rig.

VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 06, 2020, 08:17:19 AM

For how long are you willing to mine Ethereum? because very soon your mining rigs won't be able to mine Ethereum because of the upcoming upgrade called ETH 2.0, the only way to get Ethereum will be through Proof Of Staking algorithm
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: