Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:07:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to survive if you lose more than 80% of your Capital?  (Read 1686 times)
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 03:25:29 PM

There will be no problem if you are long term holder but if you hold a shit coin, I guess there is no chance to recover your loss in the future because most of the shit coins are dying.
Agree to that. And if you are already sure that you are holding shit project better to sell it out instead of being trapped and don't have anything to get back from your investment. Shit coin died naturally and there's no chance to pull your money so best to assess and take your decision if you are still working with good project and the team behind are still in it's progressive development.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 03:44:40 PM

You will for surely gonna have a hard time trying to survive after a big loss. What you need to do is to use the rest of your money and start to invest on another coin again. This time, you must be really studying the coin that you are going to invest to and you should be aware if it has a better future or doesn't have one.

judaspriest

Activity: 1330
Merit: 100

C O M B O

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 03:45:29 PM

If a trader lost more than 80% of his capital the better he do is to keep holding the coin if that potential. But if not ,better to give up and the rest of your money when you sell your coin and try again to pick up another new potential coin and wait to it to rise to getbback your capital that you lose that is one of the way you can do or you can add more capital to the coin you bought or ads another capital.

depending on what coins he has at the moment, if he holds popular coins in Coinmarketcap,
such as Ethereum, Waves, Atom, BNB, Monero, I think it's better to hold them

abeecrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 242
Merit: 18

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 05:03:12 PM

Yes, it is all about patience. Especially for those who hold reasonable coins. You won’t lose if you sell at the right time.
Pick the right coin and invest in it; apply some twinge of patience and wait for it to be worth selling; and reap the benefit. And this will be a lot more possible if you invest your spare money. So, you don't have easily run out of patience.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 05:23:44 PM

Anyways past can't changed. If you are still try to keep you alive in crypto is keep calm, Trust in your choice, and HODL it. One more thing you should be in
a very potential coin, if you are HODLING shit coins, So you need to be brave and jump into a better coins.

Hope this will help you.

You can survive if you invest what you can afford to lose on the time that you are investing, but if you are not it's hard to keep up, investors should always be aware of this advice, even if the coin that you are going to invest look safe, and have a good potential you never know what's going to happen next in the market.

Always pack this advice up. Keep it always in your head, and I bet your journey will be safe. What most people missing here, is that, they buy recklessly, going side to side on where hypes are on fever-pitch leaving the right consciousness on dealing with short term trend. Thus, lead to a severe loss, then going to feel sorry with themselves. That is why I agree with the statement above, if people are going to buy out on what they can afford to lose, their journey, would totally be fine. Nothing to worry for such loses anymore. How about on losing streak? That's totally unfortunate, but whatever it is. Just keep on going out to an amount of you can afford to lose, it is what it is.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1101

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 05:34:43 PM

If you lose 80% of your capital it's time to stop

I have to agree with this. It's really hard to lose 80%, you have to be really unlucky or really stupid to do it and in both cases you should get into something else. It's like when you're a cook and most of your pastry comes out burned. You either fucking learn to do it and fast or look for another job.
One more thing. Don't ever give up. 80% or 90% it doesn't matter as long as you're still kicking.

ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 05:35:34 PM

patience is the most important thing in investing in the world of cryptoqurrency because if not then you will easily experience losses, but on the one hand patience is not enough to solve them, you need to monitor the assets that you invest in and also always renew them. because not all coins can last long, now many coins lose their value so you need to reconsider so that you don't experience a big loss.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 05:52:34 PM

There's only one way of surviving an 80% loss in capital which is realising what led to such loss if a trader held onto the idea of a bounce back that should be avoided moving forward. One a trade goes against set trade parameters its best to exit such trade because there's always another good entry. Secondly if a trader had no trading experience or target, such a trader should develop one.
Spider A4

Activity: 657
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 06:15:47 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2020, 06:26:21 PM by Spider A4

No such incidents have not experienced with me. If 80% will be loss in your initial amount, i don't think it can be recover. I never continue to trade with only 20%, i do not deal with these situation. Even if you will hold these coin, i think difficult to recover fully.
if you coin is BSV than it can possible to recover in bull run. Crypto is volatile so no need to invest which amount we can not afford.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 06:47:45 PM

~
The coins invested initially that led to loss, might be as a result of some mistake made. Before switching over to another, which you feel is one of the ways that will bring about the recovery of lost funds, it will be better to look back and try to see where you have made mistakes. Not realising the faults with previous investment that went bad, might make you to repeat the same mistake. Afterwards,you can now work on how to avoid repeating the same.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 08:20:54 PM

Well, you always survive unless you decide to commit suicide.
Let's say that life is a gamble, so sometimes you win and sometimes - maybe more often - you lose.
If you don't like this, then don't play

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2127

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 10:25:30 PM

Anyways past can't changed. If you are still try to keep you alive in crypto is keep calm, Trust in your choice, and HODL it. One more thing you should be in
a very potential coin, if you are HODLING shit coins, So you need to be brave and jump into a better coins.

The only coin worth hodling is Bitcoin. If you try to hodl alts, and if you are in red because you bought close to the ATH, you are setting yourself up for a 100% loss - because chances for seeing those prices again are extremely slim. The only right course of action is to dump your alts, buy BTC and try to hodl it up until the new peak of the bull market cycle. Good traders know when to cut their losses and look for new opportunities, bad traders are fixated on their investments and wait for them to recover even if it can't happen.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
February 02, 2020, 11:29:54 PM

still hold and wait until the price of the coin we invest increases, but we also have to see the progress of the project, if there is no progress then my advice is better you sell it and buy another coin, because the price of the coin will definitely be difficult to increase, but if the project of the coin has progress, so I suggest you to hold it, because the price will definitely be easy to increase and give you profit even though it takes a long time.
Reatim

Activity: 2786
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 03:05:01 AM

actually if there is a chance that you can still hold then Hold mate that is the only way that you will not lose your capital,because as long as you are Holding the currency you are not losing anything it is just the market who is changing the value but your Holding will remain.
for me?i will rather keep my funds intact when the market fall bad because all i invest in here are the amount i can afford to lose.and that is a responsible investing strategy.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 05:37:10 AM

It is really difficult to cope with such a huge loss of funds, but the best option here is to sell all the shitcoins from your portfolio and to to choose new coins for investment like Bitcoin and Ethereum. They will not show 1000% growth during a single month, but it will be a safe investment.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 06:37:43 AM

What I am doing so far despite losing almost 90 percent investment in coins is hope and patience. I invested in many coins some three and a half years ago. But since then I have been suffering a great deal of loss. But I do not give up on what I believe. As positive signs of mass adoption of cryptocurrency are showing, my wish of recovering my losses will come true.

tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1652

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2020, 09:49:58 AM

...What was we need to do there was only patience. Because every coin always give you a chance to be survive your self by bouncing back near your buy rates...

This rule is not always correct. If you bought a coin at the maximum price, then you will have to wait a very long time for the coin to be traded again at this level. Keep in mind that some coins may fall to the bottom after reaching the peak and stop trading.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mttewndew

Activity: 433
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 11:01:40 AM

It is really difficult to cope with such a huge loss of funds, but the best option here is to sell all the shitcoins from your portfolio and to to choose new coins for investment like Bitcoin and Ethereum. They will not show 1000% growth during a single month, but it will be a safe investment.
Everything constantly comes down to Bitcoin and Ethereum. Are there really no other coins worthy of investment? Is it worth it to deal with other coins initially?
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 11:20:47 AM

...What was we need to do there was only patience. Because every coin always give you a chance to be survive your self by bouncing back near your buy rates...

This rule is not always correct. If you bought a coin at the maximum price, then you will have to wait a very long time for the coin to be traded again at this level. Keep in mind that some coins may fall to the bottom after reaching the peak and stop trading.

It's better to wait at the support price if you want to buy it, it's very safe and your risk of losing money is getting smaller,
I know 80% of your capital is lost, but it's not the time for you to give up

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
joeperry

Activity: 2072
Merit: 461

Contact me in Telegram: @JperryC

View Profile
February 03, 2020, 11:45:17 AM

You should first consider which type of trader you are if you're a swing trader I think there's a medium risk for you and for a long term you have a high risk but high profit and if you are a day trader you are at low risk and low profit this is the safest I think.

You should consider as well your risk and reward ration you should set an amount that you would jump if the price drops in this way you could control your loss and you will not end up losing almost of your capital actually HODL is not applicable always sometimes you needed to jump and cut your losses rather than risking all of your capital.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: