Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:58:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: > 2.1: temporary manipulative bailout or sign of reversal?  (Read 3657 times)
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 02:09:02 AM

Back up to $2.20 with a 50k wall at $2.
So much for the $1.xx prices so many of you were hoping for.
Not tonight anyway.

From the steps Im seeing on MTGox live i think our manipulator is getting back in it. Just when I thought he was gone for good.

Yeah, watched that happen here too.  Looks like he decided to show everyone who really owns the market Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 02:09:52 AM

"Game over": A phrase used to describe the Bitcoin price changes past December 21, 2012.
In other words, a meaningless catch-phrase that people toss around for whatever reason people toss such things around.  That was my suspicion.

It's the minting cut. And I don't think it's meaningless, not if people dump coins the way they do now. Less coins, less room for inflation.

Game over, because it got real. That's what the post probably meant. Wink
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 02:10:23 AM

Whats wrong with a little meme trolling?  Grin

Anyway the wall is back @2

Correction 2.2
LOL

Shit!  I had just gotten myself genuinely convinced that I really did want to see things deep into the $1.xx's.  But the weekend is yet young...and the wall seems cyclic and ratcheting the price in a 'favorable' direction.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 02:12:04 AM

"Game over": A phrase used to describe the Bitcoin price changes past December 21, 2012.
In other words, a meaningless catch-phrase that people toss around for whatever reason people toss such things around.  That was my suspicion.

It's the minting cut. And I don't think it's meaningless, not if people dump coins the way they do now. Less coins, less room for inflation.

Game over, because it got real. That's what the post probably meant. Wink

Bitcoin

brought to you by the manipulator

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 02:20:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee7NvZM_mGk&feature=related

theme of the day  Grin
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 02:20:52 AM

ROFL  Cheesy

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 02:21:40 AM

From the speed Im seeing these walls move I think the manipulator is using some sort of software or bot to move and set up these walls.
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 02:24:56 AM

From the speed Im seeing these walls move I think the manipulator is using some sort of software or bot to move and set up these walls.

Definitely. It wouldn't be difficult to write yourself up a custom script to control and interact with the mtgox API. You could have the script set up your positions and remove them with a single click. Any manipulator worth his salt would be doing something like this.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 02:36:35 AM

Things are going to get interesting... Stay tuned.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 02:41:59 AM

Things are going to get interesting... Stay tuned.

They aren't already?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 03:27:29 AM

Definitely not reversal.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 03:31:39 AM

Definitely not reversal.
My take on the market (disclaimar: I have no experience) is that if we break 2.3 we have crossed the resistance line and are likely to reach 2.6 where the next resistance is.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 03:37:52 AM

Definitely not reversal.
My take on the market (disclaimar: I have no experience) is that if we break 2.3 we have crossed the resistance line and are likely to reach 2.6 where the next resistance is.

In that market I can't even make up any resistance level.
I think, right now the price could move between 1.5 and 3 based on the decision of the guys cornering the market.

What you'd have to do is try to predict what they'd do next, not easy...
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 03:40:37 AM

I have found that doing the opposite of what is said in this subforum usually pays off.
Perhaps the 'manipulators' are watching this place like hawks, trying to trade against the general sentiment. Who knows.

I am 50% in fiat and 50% in bitcoin right now. That is the best way to deal with uncertainty like this.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 03:51:37 AM

Hardly anyone (bidding), other than bot orders, will go anywhere near these steps. The majority of the volume is coming from people selling into the steps. There has been very little positive movement since they were placed.

I have found that doing the opposite of what is said in this subforum usually pays off.
Perhaps the 'manipulators' are watching this place like hawks, trying to trade against the general sentiment. Who knows.

I am 50% in fiat and 50% in bitcoin right now. That is the best way to deal with uncertainty like this.

I try to take read all the ideas, then sift out the BS, and compare with available info to make my own predictions. There is so many conflicting arguments in here, you can't just pick one and roll with it. That would be silly!

mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 04:02:23 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2011, 04:05:32 PM by mjcmurfy

I try to take read all the ideas, then sift out the BS, and compare with available info to make my own predictions. There is so many conflicting arguments in here, you can't just pick one and roll with it. That would be silly!

Lately, all the ideas seem to have been extremely bearish with some prolific loudmouthing going on. There has been very little bullish sentiment around this place for a while. I'm far from a permabul, but it's hard to get a word in edgewise with the lust for cheap coins whipping the bears up into such a frenzy.

All I'm saying that if there was ever a time to take advantage of the general consensus, today was it. Everyone was talking with such certainty that we would see <$2, and boasting about their shorting positions. You should never claim to be as certain as some of the people here seemed to be.

We might well see <$2 though, and I will be ready to take up appropriate positions - but not without a fight apparently.

gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 04:08:12 AM

Lately, all the ideas seem to have been extremely bearish with some prolific loudmouthing going on. There has been very little bullish sentiment around this place for a while. I'm far from a permabul, but it's hard to get a word in edgewise with the lust for cheap coins whipping the bears up into such a coin-frenzy.

All I'm saying that if there was ever a time to take advantage of the general consensus, today was it. Everyone was talking with such certainty that we would see <$2, and boasting about their shorting positions. You should never claim to be as certain as some of the people here seemed to be.

We might well see <$2 though, and I will be ready to take up appropriate positions - but not without a fight apparently.

very clearly we would have seen < 2 today if there would not have been mr. supermanipulator funded with 200.000$ cash, setting up insane arbitrary walls.
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 04:11:54 AM

very clearly we would have seen < 2 today if there would not have been mr. supermanipulator funded with 200.000$ cash, setting up insane arbitrary walls.

Yet, there they stand. Just because we 'would have... if', does not make it so unfortunately.

Like others have been saying, it is trivially inexpensive to do this. So how can people expect that a 'manipulator' with potentially tens of thousands of coins is going to sit back and let his investments sink lower when he can simply spend a puny few thousand dollars to raise the price each time the water is tested?

He has made enough fiat profit to do this for as long as the bears are willing to try. Well, maybe. We will all find out soon enough.

Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 04:19:28 PM

I was watching just as it happened, btc prices were tumbling down, and then all of a sudden 100k usd just showed up, dispensed between 2.00-2.20.

As long as things lump sum is in place, you will not see <2.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2011, 05:41:38 PM

I really think $2 is tough to pass.  I continue to transfer more money up to mtgox.  If these things his $1... I think I'll have trouble not selling my car to get more cash to buy them...

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: