Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:26:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PoW] Ergo - Welcome to Smart Money!  (Read 2012 times)
SteamCoin

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 09:31:15 AM

I've heard it's time to buy erg

Haha, it's just about time  Grin
True, but I believe now we have the great opportunity to watch economy collapse and die, so we should be ready)
I agree. The main thing is that they do not miss good chances of development.
Well, we can only hope and watch.
But is there no insider information about new listings? Or it only becomes known when they announce it publicly?
Ofc no, it would be really weird, so we just hope about better future xd

It's not just weird, it's against the law

All I fear is that the Russian government have would understand the value of Ergo, and will try to take it away

I think that's an exaggeration. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the project de jure is not under Russian control
Yeah but still u know..government

It won't always be like this (at least I hope so).
talkmeout

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 05:41:39 PM

True, but I believe now we have the great opportunity to watch economy collapse and die, so we should be ready)
But is there no insider information about new listings? Or it only becomes known when they announce it publicly?

All I fear is that the Russian government have would understand the value of Ergo, and will try to take it away

I think that's an exaggeration. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the project de jure is not under Russian control

Yeah and actually I see no reason to strangle this project
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 06:58:56 PM

Yeah and actually I see no reason to strangle this project
Well, in general there are some, but Ergo is unlikely to have problems in the future
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2020, 05:22:25 AM

Guys, take part in the voting for our favorite project! https://atomars.com/currency-voting
talkmeout

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 05:18:22 AM

Guys, take part in the voting for our favorite project! https://atomars.com/currency-voting

I do it every day!  Roll Eyes
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2020, 02:41:08 AM

But, unfortunately, we are losing  Undecided
talkmeout

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 09:08:29 AM

But, unfortunately, we are losing  Undecided

By the number of votes, we can see that the community is already there and soon one will be even more, and this is very good!
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 06:13:21 PM

Ergo now is listed on Coinsbit, nice!
talkmeout

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 02:29:58 AM

Ergo now is listed on Coinsbit, nice!

Yeah, and this's pretty awesome!
garyfan

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 08:27:33 AM

simple?? solid and innovative cryptocurrency??

To run this node, and wallet, I need to set the profile to be connected to the node in a specific link. Why can't you just double-click to open it, and then click to create a wallet? In a word, I think you should design it more simply and easy to use! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
talkmeout

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 07:28:17 PM

To run this node, and wallet, I need to set the profile to be connected to the node in a specific link. Why can't you just double-click to open it, and then click to create a wallet? In a word, I think you should design it more simply and easy to use! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
It would be too easy
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2020, 01:11:12 AM

Interesting feedback. Maybe they'll get familiarized with one, or you need to try tweeting with them
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2020, 12:18:25 AM

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin
talkmeout

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 07:10:46 PM

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin
haha I know right, everything is how it should be
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2020, 05:17:12 AM

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin

Although about simplicity, he's right, it would be nice if it were simple and many people could use blockchain technologies
talkmeout

View Profile
May 19, 2020, 08:59:58 AM

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin

Although about simplicity, he's right, it would be nice if it were simple and many people could use blockchain technologies

Btw, the blockchain, already an awesome technology, but still very far from ideal and many companies still prefer traditional methods (and somewhere blockchain is not needed at all)
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 12:36:02 AM

It would be too easy

Lmao, you're right  Grin

Btw, the blockchain, already an awesome technology, but still very far from ideal and many companies still prefer traditional methods (and somewhere blockchain is not needed at all)

Simplicity is one of the main requirements for technology, and Ergo is moving rapidly towards simplification of technology and, in turn, the adoption of the blockchain in general!
kushti (OP)

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 09:32:40 PM

- New Proof-of-Work scheme, Autolykos – a variant of Equihash with better ASIC-resistance

How does it have better ASIC resistance, when Equihash is claimed to have superlinear time-memory tradeoffs (TMTO)
while Autolykos can be solved with no memory and constant slowdown?

IMHO it's closer to Ethash than to Equihash.

Sorry for the long reply, had problems with recovering the password!

Autolykos is based on k-sum problem and not very different from generalized based problem based Equihash then. Can you explain about "no memory and constant slowdown" please?

Ergo Platform core dev. Previously IOHK Research / Nxt core dev / SmartContract.com cofounder.
kushti (OP)

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2020, 09:43:40 PM

- New Proof-of-Work scheme, Autolykos – a variant of Equihash with better ASIC-resistance

How does it have better ASIC resistance, when Equihash is claimed to have superlinear time-memory tradeoffs (TMTO)

Autolykos is pretty close to Equihash, it is based on k-sum problem , but also adds a signature component for somewhat pool-resistance. Parameters are chosen in order to be much more memory-intensive (and memory-bandwidth intensive) than ZCash's and other popular Equihash coins PoWs.

Autolykos is very different from Equihash in memory requirements.

Equihash searches for an arbitrary size 2^k subset of indices,
whose corresponding items must xor to 0 (as well as satisfy
other conditions on the ordered binary tree of indices and items).
Memory is needed to sort and combine partial solutions.
Without memory, finding a solution would take longer than the age of the universe.

Autolykos instead generates the possible subsets as genIndexes(m||nonce),
as shown in Algorithm 1 of https://docs.ergoplatform.com/ErgoPow.pdf
The element at an index j is trivially computed as H(j||M||pk||m||w)
No memory at all is required for that.
It could be used to cache the hash computation of elements, but that is at best
a constant factor speedup.

Ah I see. We're discussing it, see https://github.com/ergoplatform/ergo/issues/1100 (are you BigEvilSoloMiner aka AsicResearcher maybe though? )

Ergo Platform core dev. Previously IOHK Research / Nxt core dev / SmartContract.com cofounder.
SteamCoin

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2020, 05:58:33 AM

Autolykos is pretty close to Equihash, it is based on k-sum problem , but also adds a signature component for somewhat pool-resistance. Parameters are chosen in order to be much more memory-intensive (and memory-bandwidth intensive) than ZCash's and other popular Equihash coins PoWs.

Autolykos is very different from Equihash in memory requirements.

Equihash searches for an arbitrary size 2^k subset of indices,
whose corresponding items must xor to 0 (as well as satisfy
other conditions on the ordered binary tree of indices and items).
Memory is needed to sort and combine partial solutions.
Without memory, finding a solution would take longer than the age of the universe.

Autolykos instead generates the possible subsets as genIndexes(m||nonce),
as shown in Algorithm 1 of https://docs.ergoplatform.com/ErgoPow.pdf
The element at an index j is trivially computed as H(j||M||pk||m||w)
No memory at all is required for that.
It could be used to cache the hash computation of elements, but that is at best
a constant factor speedup.

Ah I see. We're discussing it, see https://github.com/ergoplatform/ergo/issues/1100 (are you BigEvilSoloMiner aka AsicResearcher maybe though? )

Wow, you're here, that's awesome! Thank you for your work, you do great!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: