News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trust USDT?
Yes - 175 (70.3%)
No - 41 (16.5%)
Not sure - 33 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 249

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust USDT?  (Read 7039 times)
Towerbreeze

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 03:22:17 PM

I use stable coins for trading only and USDT is my favorite because it's supported on many exchanges and also have better volume too, I don't know how strong usdt connection to regulations is but even if there will be any problem in future it will be resolved

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 06:26:04 PM

The whole point of decentralized identity is missing its point when it comes to cryptocurrencies So buying USDT I think you will be safe the issue is You cant profit holding it If you want to trade then get comfortable with the volatile market,if not Sell to USDT and hold

CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2020, 06:31:43 PM

July, 26. From my twitter time line.
"150,000,000 #USDT (149,631,845 USD) minted at Tether Treasury"

Minted every weeks. Man, USDT minted can exceed the amount of $ already printed. Not mention one of the advantages possessed by USDT. USDT teams can freeze the USDT you have, even though the USDT you have is in your personal wallet. You guys can check this thread as comparison : [UPDATED] PSA: Most Stablecoins Can Be Frozen, Even in Your Own Wallets.

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 06:57:45 PM

I know Tether has its issue and not 100% perfect but what I do not understand is that people still feel USDT is a scam, with $10 billion MCap the team must know what they are doing, just wait and see this is going to surpass the Mcap of Ethereum, to me I still trust Bitfinex more than any exchange in the space, just look at their order book and see what I mean, unlike the so called big exchanges in the space

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2020, 08:10:00 PM

To me usdt is my most preferred stable coin and the traffic is huge as many prefers Ur so if there are issues with that coin I don't think people will easily accept because it has captured slot if hearts and has built huge trust. I don't see it as a scam till it scams anyone. Till date usdt is still my best stable coin.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 05:54:49 PM

There are some discrepancies about USDT but personally I trust USDT and most times uses it to avoid loss when not so sue sure of which coin to invest in, thought when I Tether I don't make profit
Mostly it can be used in case when the price of a coin isn't stable and you want to take your profit with you, then you can switch to USDT for safe keeping and when the entry is right then again you can buy back the coin that you were investing into. Problem with USDT is that I always think that its value isn't actual at all, it is super hyped and the tether org is manipulating it's price so as to keep it stable all the times, whereas it used to fluctuate a lot in the starting days.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
0verseer

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 05:59:04 PM

I don't trust it completely but I don't think it was a scam, also. I do understand USDT and stable coin but I wish there could be a different way to nail the dollar to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Never brought their self proclaim of "backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio" and I doubt any sane enough to trust that.
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 05:59:50 PM

I trust and really like USDT because it gives you a lifeline when the market is dumping. You can sell your altcoins for USDT to preserve their monetary value and then use the funds to buy back at the bottom.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 06:11:23 PM

I trust and really like USDT because it gives you a lifeline when the market is dumping. You can sell your altcoins for USDT to preserve their monetary value and then use the funds to buy back at the bottom.
The aspect you are telling is true to the core, everyone is using USDT as a reserve currency to hold the value but the problem is that they cannot be trusted as they already faced legal actions against the asset funds they are holding and if something happens then the entire market will crash. The cryptocurrency market needs a trust able stable currency and we are yet to see one.
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 07:01:16 PM

As long it fills its goal, I don't have any complaints for the stable coin like USDT. They might not have enough dollar at 1:1 ratio because every time the total cap raises for crypto, they have to 'printing' more. But look, how many time they did that already and it still works fine up today.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 07:07:38 PM

I  do use it for day trading but if I were to hold longer term any stablecoins it wouldn't be Tether. I would prefer a stablecoin that has a better history. If you see now the BTC pump was created by Bitfiniex printing a whole lot of Tether and flooding the market with it, inflating the price of BTC. They can do a massive dump anytime, like the one massive red wick that happened this morning. So do I trust USDT? Not as much as I trust other stablecoins but it has become a necessary evil as most usd pairings are with this stablecoin.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Leo

Activity: 620

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 07:16:06 PM

Avoid id usdt if you have a large portfolio. Use usdc, busd, pax,All stable coins are supposed to be audited by an auditing firm(NYFDS). Every coin minted must be backed with a dollar in reserve. Usdc, busd, pax and one other coin are the ones that passed the auditing. Usdt has no record of being audited whatsoever. Which means it could disappear anytime

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 07:29:18 PM

Usdt is a reliable Stable coin but centralized which is why many don't like the stable coin but the only people that needs to be worried are those who are into illegal activities like stolen funds, hackers and drug dealers, USDT team can freeze any funds that's from illegal sources

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 07:43:44 PM

USDT is a good stable coin apparently the best stablecoin but I do not trust it because of the centralized nature it has, meaning anything can happen to users funds and no questions will be asked since the team have every power to do so, it happened few weeks ago but on a different stablecoin where the user's wallet was frozen. Also, although I don't have any trust for USDT but I won't call it a scam coin, because I have not heard nor seen anyone saying he was scammed by USDT, so I would say that scam and trust are two different words and I know the one to use in regards to USDT.

nicedreams

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 08:24:10 PM

You know even fiat have an inflation rate each year. I think USDT doesn't have a gold reserve or actual dollar reserve to exchange for 1:1 rate. You shouldn't trust any on their claim and only hold a low percent of USDT when needing it.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 02:49:16 PM

I trust USDT but i don't consider it is real USD backed. We use USDT to calculate our assets' value in portfolio. As we know, crypto is not supported by real USD. So, we need to calculate our BTC, ETH and altcoins' value in USDT. It is one of the top 10 coins in crypto markets.
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 11:44:00 AM

I certainly believe it USDT. But I believe it is only helpful to calculate if you believe in BTC or Etherium or other alter coins.It basically works in the case of conversion.It serves as one of the most helpful alternatives.I know that crypto World never supports Real USD.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Kopetunto

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 01:48:40 PM

I certainly believe it USDT. But I believe it is only helpful to calculate if you believe in BTC or Etherium or other alter coins.It basically works in the case of conversion.It serves as one of the most helpful alternatives.I know that crypto World never supports Real USD.
all traders and investors still believe in USDT, so I also as a newbie still believe, because it's easy to keep coins stable,
and USDT has a lot of volume on coinmarketcap, so why not believe it?

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 02:10:05 PM

I trust USDT but i don't consider it is real USD backed. We use USDT to calculate our assets' value in portfolio. As we know, crypto is not supported by real USD. So, we need to calculate our BTC, ETH and altcoins' value in USDT. It is one of the top 10 coins in crypto markets.
why do you think they cannot be backed by real dollars. I think that over the entire existence of USDT at the market, they have already made so much money that they can easily provide themselves with real money

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
princecharles
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 02:24:19 PM

USD Tether is a Bitfinex issued ERC-20 token which is claimed to be backed by dollar at 1:1 ratio. There are controversial opinions about this and some say it's a scam.

Do you trust USDT or believe it might be a scam?

I don't think USDT is a scam. The coin should be the fourth most popular coin, since its the fourth highest based on the coin market cap. I don't think there's any reason for one to be scared because this issue of their reputation has been called to question several times and in all these, they've come out stronger. I do hope that we focus on the aspect of the project that matters more and not their reputation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: