Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using of Blockchain in Election  (Read 611 times)
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 03:00:03 AM

One usage of blockchain technology is for voting yet the majority still doesn't use blockchain technology during elections.
"India’s citizens will soon be able to cast votes from outside their city of registration thanks to a blockchain-based system."

Every election, we encounter some citizens who don't vote because of their reasons. It's either they don't want any candidate or they can't vote because they're living far from the voting places.
"The commissioner said that regulators are collaborating with the Indian Institute of Technology to develop a blockchain system that would allow citizens to vote remotely."

This can help those who have a problem with the distance from their house to the voting place and it's also a way to prevent multiple votings.

Source:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/indias-citizens-will-vote-with-blockchain-election-commissioner-says

The plan of using blockchain technology in voting is to make it more convenient for others and to make it fraud-proof. During elections, we can really see a lot of things happening, especially for those candidates who really want to win so they will manipulate the result. But with blockchain, it will be hard for them to change and manipulate it. With this, we can achieve more transparency when it comes to the votes.

As a concerned citizen, I know what my country is facing, and I feel bad for our situation because those who don't deserve to be in the position are sitting prettily in their thrones. I really think that the different governments should try exploring this technology to help them because it will totally make things easier and more accurate than the usual system where they can cheat. The government shouldn't be afraid of trying it unless they want to manipulate the results.

Photo not mine

Blockchain can be used in various field and one of that is voting. Although voting is one of blockchain's main usage, not everyone knew nor even aware of it. That's why further practices and studies should be done so they can maximize the use of blockchain technology. Just like what I have said, with this technology, it'll be easier to collect votes and it can't be easily manipulated by someone. I only have limited knowledge about the use-cases of blockchain and I still studying it.

PS: I'm not posting this to promote the site, I just want to share the news with everyone. Thank you!

This was a great idea and must be apply to every country. As we can observe, this was a common issue today. When the election comes, we can hear issues about manipulation of votes and this was hard to avoid because sometimes the people involved are the ones who are in the government. With blockchain technology we can probably avoid these problems and can result to a fair election.
indeed we must have breakthroughs such as the blockchain used for elections, because from experience, when the election is closed and followed by a quick count, justrupara candidates claim to win, and when the official results are announced the losing camp claims cheating, I think this is confiscating time, energy and of course cost. even a country can split

criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 04:03:05 AM

This could be a great idea but, such ideas should be tested first to know its effectiveness for the voting system because, elections are a delicate system a society has, one error could cause negative impacts in it. One thing I think is the problem here is, about the people who have no internet connection or have no internet reception in their area. Online applications of votes could also be a subject to fraudulent acts that could hinder the true votes of the participants and might be manipulated in some ways.

I don't disregard this great idea but, I think not all society are capable or ready for this innovation.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Vanessamix

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2020, 06:15:50 AM

This could be a great idea but, such ideas should be tested first to know its effectiveness for the voting system because, elections are a delicate system a society has, one error could cause negative impacts in it. One thing I think is the problem here is, about the people who have no internet connection or have no internet reception in their area. Online applications of votes could also be a subject to fraudulent acts that could hinder the true votes of the participants and might be manipulated in some ways.
I don't disregard this great idea but, I think not all society are capable or ready for this innovation.
Do you understand that people are just used to errors in current election system?
Blockchain elections for sure won't have same problems as our elections now, but for sure will have own problems that people will have to solve.
It's ok since blockchain ones are better and safer in the first place
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 05:51:21 AM

I think it would be a good idea and planning that election process will continue with blockchain. But think it need more time to start blockchain technology in election because everybody are not more sound in blockchain technology but everybody will take challenge gradually as it is latest technology.

thanks.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 08:45:17 AM

I suppose you know in countries that have not legalized the use of blockchain technology cannot adopt its use in an election. I believe the technology could be the best especially in countries that are known for massive rigging because I believe one of the features of them is an inability to manipulate data ones a smart contract is created and it could be a fastest and not too expensive way of voting.
FanatMonet

Activity: 742
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 12:31:51 PM

The most optimal option is to test the use of the blockchain in some not-so-large elections, as an alternative to simple voting in the precincts.
But countries in which they carry out falsifications, of course, will not accept such a system, or, they will try to somehow push it under themselves.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2020, 04:50:52 PM

The most optimal option is to test the use of the blockchain in some not-so-large elections, as an alternative to simple voting in the precincts

Blockchain has already been used in this scenario

A few American states like West Virginia have already tried it out for the US Congressional elections, if I'm not mistaken. And they are going to use the blockchain technology for voters outside the US territory (like the military and their likes) in the 2020 presidential election as well. Ironically, someone has also tried to hack the system and rig the results of the 2018 elections but failed miserably (well, as far as I know)

btc_angela

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 10:39:37 PM

I suppose you know in countries that have not legalized the use of blockchain technology cannot adopt its use in an election. I believe the technology could be the best especially in countries that are known for massive rigging because I believe one of the features of them is an inability to manipulate data ones a smart contract is created and it could be a fastest and not too expensive way of voting.

On the contrary, countries who rigged their elections will not suddenly adopt blockchain technology in their electoral process simply because the people behind will always wanted to continue their seat on the power, so I'm sure they are going to block (no pun intended) it by all means.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Arcas

Activity: 1036
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 04:43:28 AM

I think using blockchain in election is very good way because looks transparent for who the winner in election and will get very cheap cost each election process, most important is faster to know who is the winner in election system, I think my country have adopted blockchain in election way.
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 04:58:18 PM

Eehm... Blockchain will be good for voting but right now I don’t really know if we are ready to be making use of Blockchain for voting. I have read about it and the requirements is much, though it can be used in a simple way, but using it in a simple way means that it’s going to be easy for hackers to access. When using Blockchain for voting the voters are given tokens after they have verified their identity and the tokens are what they use in casting their votes. There have been some countries that have tested it out, just like Russia and some other organizations that have tried.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 09:44:19 PM

Blockchain and elections can be a great pair, but first, they need to be tested. Well, in any case, this version of the electoral system also has its drawbacks. Someone can arrange a DDOS attack by simply scoring the network so that it cannot process votes efficiently, or even gain access to part of the votes, and thereby undermine the election process.

So you will need to use a blockchain that has protection against DDOS attacks. Personally, I believe that it is not people but robots that should manage people because the human factor is too great for each individual taken. In the future, artificial intelligence on the blockchain will cope with this task much better than the people themselves. However, until this time, we should still live and do our best to translate this into reality.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██