Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] MagicByt3 - refusing to honor his auction contract  (Read 883 times)
DaCryptoRaccoon

Activity: 1209
Merit: 591

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 01:28:06 AM

And I WON'T be held over the fire by you and your friends tecshare.

I'm not TECSHARE's friend by any means but it looks to me (as it did to pretty much everyone in your own auction thread) that you're the one stoking the fire.

Your auction format was ludicrous. At one point you seemed to recognize that but now you're trying to justify it again. Let it go. TECSHARE's bid was the only bid on that item anyway, so the format dispute doesn't even matter. He won the item, he paid, ship it. How much simpler can it possibly be? He even agreed to your condition of having the item shipped via escrow. The TXID doesn't matter. The escrow guarantees the payment.

On the other hand, if you want to back out of this deal then just say so, stop clinging to the TXID demand, let MJ return funds to TECSHARE, and get your deserved flag. You'll get it anyway if you don't ship - it's just a matter of time.

I don't want to back out at all. I have said I am happy to ship to MJ escrow but why did the other all supply TXID's for there escrow but these 2 won't

I also direct you to this post.. where another user agrees with me over the escrow not being correct.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5225031.msg53886116#msg53886116

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 01:29:36 AM

I don't want to back out at all. I have said I am happy to ship to MJ escrow but why did the other all supply TXID's for there escrow but these 2 won't

I also direct you to this post.. where another user agrees with me over the escrow not being correct.

Your demands are noted and rejected. Honor your contractual agreement.
DaCryptoRaccoon

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 01:33:52 AM

Your demands are noted and also rejected along with you bid..

No way to verify no sale simple..

The whole point of the escrow is to protect the BUYER & SELLER..

Right now I have to take YOUR word that you send funds to some escrow I have had NO dealing with in the past.
No way to prove there was any transaction so I won't be sending out my product without being able to verify the payment.

No one would do this no one..

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 01:41:52 AM

Your demands are noted and also rejected along with you bid..

No way to verify no sale simple..

The whole point of the escrow is to protect the BUYER & SELLER..

Right now I have to take YOUR word that you send funds to some escrow I have had NO dealing with in the past.
No way to prove there was any transaction so I won't be sending out my product without being able to verify the payment.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how auctions and contracts work. You don't get to unilaterally dismiss my bid after the fact. You are absolutely protected, by the most trusted member of the forum serving as escrow. Your claims of not being protected are fallacious. Honor your contractual agreement.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 01:45:15 AM

What are you talking about... many have used minerjones escrow, he's one of the most trusted here. You already agreed to use him as escrow. If this deal goes through, at one point he'd be holding BOTH the item and the funds so you have to trust him regardless of any TXIDs. Just drop this nonsense and ship it. No need to waste everyone's time on something so trivial.
DaCryptoRaccoon

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 01:51:04 AM

What are you talking about... many have used minerjones escrow, he's one of the most trusted here. You already agreed to use him as escrow. If this deal goes through, at one point he'd be holding BOTH the item and the funds so you have to trust him regardless of any TXIDs. Just drop this nonsense and ship it. No need to waste everyone's time on something so trivial.

Sent to MJ escrow... I await a reply.

Hello MJ.

What is you shipping address so I can have the bar send out on Monday.

It will require a signature on delivery to you.

I only wanted verification that escrow was holding payment nothing more.

You have been given good rep by a lot of people but I have had no dealing with you so  I hope you can understand my concerns over being able to validate the payment to you..

Can you send me where the bar is to be shipped to and on Monday I will provide you with tracking and proof of postage.

Best regards

Magic..

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
DaCryptoRaccoon

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 01:54:05 AM

4. Posted several of my PMs without permission.

So?  Hypocrite. 

Very...

He is good at manipulating situations with his rep from what I see too Vod.

I have sent a message to the escrow lets leave this here until I get a reply and I aim to have the bar out on Monday to the escrow.

What a horrible experience this has been It will be the last time I try do anything for this community again.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
kryme
Copper Member

Activity: 335
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 01:59:29 AM

Are there rules I can read about these contracts and bids on the forum? I'd like to know where it says a seller can't cancel someone else's bid?

DaCryptoRaccoon

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:01:00 AM

Are there rules I can read about these contracts and bids on the forum? I'd like to know where it says a seller can't cancel someone else's bid?

No there are no "official" rules other than the rules he and his other silver seller buddy's try impose on a new seller.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 02:05:06 AM

No there are no "official" rules other than the rules he and his other silver seller buddy's try impose on a new seller.

Yes, there are. It is called contract law. Auctions also have their own set of legal obligations. This is the case on and off of the forum. This is not some magical place where laws cease to exist.

Hello MJ.

You have been given good rep by a lot of people but I have had no dealing with you so  I hope you can understand my concerns over being able to validate the payment to you..

Can you send me where the bar is to be shipped to and on Monday I will provide you with tracking and proof of postage.

Best regards

Magic..

Wonderful. Thank you.
DaCryptoRaccoon

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:07:36 AM

Yes, there are. It is called contract law. Auctions also have their own set of legal obligations. This is the case on and off of the forum. This is not some magical place where laws cease to exist.

Hello MJ.

Best regards

Magic..

Wonderful. Thank you.

Let's just resolve this ASAP...I'm about done with the whole community at this point..

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
kryme
Copper Member

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:28:30 AM

Hello MJ.

Best regards

Magic..

Wonderful. Thank you.

You're literally an idiot if you think posting on a forum holds you to any legal obligation lmfao

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:29:52 AM
Merited by LoyceV (2), AB de Royse777 (2)

Magic, just ship him the bar. You can trust MJ, regardless of how you feel about the txid.... This insanity has gone on long enough. If you don't get your BTC, I'll fucking pay you instead, how's that? Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:31:50 AM

You're literally an idiot if you think posting on a forum holds you to any legal obligation lmfao

You are literally an idiot, then. When it is in writing, it doesn't matter if it is a text, a social media post or written on good old fashioned paper. A contract is a contract.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 02:36:34 AM

Magic, just ship him the bar. You can trust MJ, regardless of how you feel about the txid.... This insanity has gone on long enough. If you don't get your BTC, I'll fucking pay you instead, how's that? Roll Eyes

He already agreed so fingers crossed it works out for all involved.

A trade is a trade regardless if it's on a forum or in Micky D's parking lot. Granted it's unlikely they'd go to court for $100 but it would still be a breach of contract to not honor the deal.
kryme
Copper Member

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:37:03 AM

You are literally an idiot, then. When it is in writing, it doesn't matter if it is a text, a social media post or written on good old fashioned paper. A contract is a contract.

Contract laws vary country to country. Exactly whose contract law are we supposed to follow over the internet?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:47:03 AM

Contract laws vary country to country. Exactly whose contract law are we supposed to follow over the internet?
The law in any of the jurisdictions where either party resides, I believe. Perhaps it wouldn't be worth the time and expense to actually seek legal remedies. However, I think someone that has established a good reputation under one identity will have better luck than someone not honoring their deals and becoming fly-by-night newbies.
DaCryptoRaccoon

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:56:49 AM
Merited by AB de Royse777 (2)

The law in any of the jurisdictions where either party resides, I believe. Perhaps it wouldn't be worth the time and expense to actually seek legal remedies. However, I think someone that has established a good reputation under one identity will have better luck than someone not honoring their deals and becoming fly-by-night newbies.

I don't really know what you mean by this but I have send the escrow a message and await his reply.

Also a contract is only valid if BOTH party's agree on the terms and it's clear I don't agree but i'm being forced to agree by mob rule..

Lets not make this into another long battle.

I have agreed to send even though I have no proof the escrow holds the funds.

You can't expect a new seller to blindly accept what is being said about some escrow I never even knew about till the other day without verification.  

I'm going by the laws of bitcoin here with don't trust verify but that no longer seems to be valid here...

** Edit **

PS I don't have any noob alt's to post with so if that's what your trying to say then you sir are very wrong.  who ever that is posting is doing so of there own accord and nothing to do with me

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3901

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 02:58:42 AM

Finally something useful to see. I had to read all the posts made on this topic and all these were really unnecessary magic. Yes, some of your concerns looked valid (Sign on delivery) but when the escrow is holding both money and the item then it's not very necessary.
And talking about MJ - I do not think a single user in the forum who knows MJ will ever doubt about his escrow service. Besides  owlcatz gone extra mile. So smile and complete everything from your side that needed to close this deal.

Cheers ,

Edit:
You can't expect a new seller to blindly accept what is being said about some escrow I never even knew about till the other day without verification. 

I'm going by the laws of bitcoin here with don't trust verify but that no longer seems to be valid here...
Sorry that you are feeling this way but when you are accepting an escrow service then you really have to trust him. You will also not need to blindly accept something but you can just see some of the reference feedback about the escrow here MJ of course.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
DaCryptoRaccoon

OGRaccoon

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 03:00:17 AM

Finally something useful to see. I had to read all the posts made on this topic and all these were really unnecessary magic. Yes, some of your concerns looked valid (Sign on delivery) but when the escrow is holding both money and the item then it's not very necessary.
And talking about MJ - I do not think a single user in the forum who knows MJ will ever doubt about his escrow service. Besides  owlcatz gone extra mile. So smile and complete everything from your side that needed to close this deal.

Cheers ,

Did you miss the part where he wanted me to send direct to him not the escrow? without proof of payment to the escrow?

It was me who said no we use the middle man for both the bar and the funds..

he wanted the bar sent direct to him without signature. without proof of payment to escrow or anything..

That was the issues...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: