Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys, be aware of a new scam! Stay safe with your funds!  (Read 601 times)
Xampeuu

Activity: 1400
Merit: 116

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 03:47:42 AM

Thank you for the info. although I haven't got it, but of course all things we have to think back logically, it would be unreasonable if we get rewards for free, staking even through the specified conditions, or bounty hunter must also work before getting rewards. but I admit the idea of ​​fraud is indeed smart

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 03:56:03 AM

This is good advice because lots of people don't know the difference between a legitimate proposal and a scam, but generally if it sounds too good to be true, that's because it probably is so make sure you stay away from these types of offers
But becauase the channel has a lot of  followers they will think this is legitimate and that's the problem even its too good to be true there still people greedy to try it and they will only realise that its scam once the eth send to the provided address.

Although if the channel has a lot of followers, it doesn't mean they are legitimate and look legit because we know that the followers can be bought from the other services. We need to search for the other news about that so we can know if they are telling the truth or not, and we can follow the step to make money.

We need to be careful if we want to follow the giveaways because not all giveaways are true. There is no easy money that we can earn from doing an easy way. All the things we do will need time to earn some money, and we need hard work to earn that money.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 03:58:08 AM

This is good advice because lots of people don't know the difference between a legitimate proposal and a scam, but generally if it sounds too good to be true, that's because it probably is so make sure you stay away from these types of offers
But becauase the channel has a lot of  followers they will think this is legitimate and that's the problem even its too good to be true there still people greedy to try it and they will only realise that its scam once the eth send to the provided address.

In the beginning, every admin seems to be very active until they raise money. Till now, we have seen many companies done the same thing and once after raising money, they will stop communication with their customers, that's how the telegram will end. That's why we should be very careful with the telegram groups.

thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 06:01:36 AM

I feel sad when a YouTuber knows that his YouTube account has been hacked by a scammer, I once found a channel with subscriber 300k streaming giveaway and after seeing the views wow I was surprised to see many people watching. Even after that youtube account is difficult to recover.
And for the crypto community, don't believe in CZ giveaway or anything that's not from official account because most scammers do giveaway using the name CZ.

You are right, CZ is very common name for the scammers, most of the time scammers act like CZ, They use CZ's name and tweets! Though nowadays Vitalik, Roger is being used by them! Actually, This is not one or two people behind this scam method, a large number of people are working together in these scams!

I hope people will research more before sending a single penny! Everyone must verify any kind of the giveaway from the official account of those projects'! I was shocked by seeing that lots of greedy people fall in this scam, how can they believe in 2020 that for 1 ETH someone will give them 5 ETH!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 06:07:30 AM

Thank you for the info. although I haven't got it, but of course all things we have to think back logically, it would be unreasonable if we get rewards for free, staking even through the specified conditions, or bounty hunter must also work before getting rewards. but I admit the idea of ​​fraud is indeed smart
Yes, the idea of the fraudsters is clearly very clever because they are always looking for new prey to be victims, and for bounty hunters I think they work according to the rules set out in the bounty program they follow, and that is clearly very logical.
zhagedus

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 06:13:55 AM

The one question I ask myself right now is, if I have up to 1 BTC will I ever send it out to get it doubled? I never worked for it, this is not trading, it will be first thing that will come to my mind, greediness in people is what makes them fall for all this crap schemes

Correct, many have been found victim of this trend and its caused by greediness which us a human nature.  Whenever I see many of such promise, I tell myself that,  how do they relate this with their own mindset, that, you send 1bitcoin and get 2bitcoin: you don't trade with this money to say profit is involve, so, those greedy humans can always fall for this type of scams around this industry. I say never you send anything to get double of what you set: its arrant scams and should be avoided.
rahmatullah9305

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 06:28:55 AM

Correct, many have been found victim of this trend and its caused by greediness which us a human nature.  Whenever I see many of such promise, I tell myself that,  how do they relate this with their own mindset, that, you send 1bitcoin and get 2bitcoin: you don't trade with this money to say profit is involve, so, those greedy humans can always fall for this type of scams around this industry. I say never you send anything to get double of what you set: its arrant scams and should be avoided.
This is certainly very difficult to get rid of, because greed arises from the desire of someone who wants to get rich quick in the near future, so that someone can do anything and trust in anyone who offers benefits doubled with the amount of capital they have.
zhagedus

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 06:33:37 AM

Although personally I wouldn't think I will fall for such scam due to the fact that, the channel had many followers. But we should also know that, account hacks are rapid these days and should be more careful than ever. One time in the history of humans race, one most popular YouTube account was hacked and many gullible were scammed, this I will always remember. We should always lean to research into offers before we venture into it.
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 06:50:26 AM

As the crypto community become smart, scammers are not just sitting there. They are making new plans to scam people. Recently a smart scam idea they whelp and that is youtube live streaming! Lots of people are falling those scams even one of my crypto mentors shared that link to participate!

Scammers are hacking youtube channels which have at least 10K subscribers to 80K! Then they collect some famous crypto meetup or interview videos! Later they make live streaming with that downloaded video, and announce a giveaway of 100K BTC or 100K ETH, BCH, XRP and so on! Can you imagine how smart this shit idea is? However, at the corner or left side of that live streaming they add a live transaction banner where you can see that if you send 1 Ethereum, you will get 5 or 10 Ethereum instantly!

If you ever fall in that trap means you are done, you fall in the scam and lost your money forever! Guys, be aware, always check a coin's official twitter handle to verify every giveaway! Don't fall in the scam, let scammers cry and die!
After all the hacks it will still come down to asking you to send an amount of Bitcoin to double or triple your Bitcoin, this is not a new trick at all, in the past many got scammed using this trick in early 2017, I never let my greed to consume me till today, greedy people get eaten my greed all the time

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 08:12:47 AM

if you send 1 Ethereum, you will get 5 or 10 Ethereum instantly!
This isnt new for me. Anything too good to be true rewards is obviously a scam. Tempting even you can see the transaction but that isnt a solid groujd for investment wise. As an investor and trader, we should be cautious to activity we are doing. I dont know why some believe this 500% gain. Even on bank and business this isnt possible.

The fraud is very professional but I think our logic should also work, how is it possible to just send 1 Eth to get 5-10 Eth is not logical. But it has to be more careful, especially in the crypto world with almost no guarantees, only capital to believe.
Professional indeed but acting isnt gonna save them. Yes they can put some cash first on the first one but no, this is possibly their controlled addresses and fooling those who check the tx in eth scan. Be warn with this.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 08:22:20 AM

The one question I ask myself right now is, if I have up to 1 BTC will I ever send it out to get it doubled? I never worked for it, this is not trading, it will be first thing that will come to my mind, greediness in people is what makes them fall for all this crap schemes
Hardly will you see anybody that really works hard to get 1 BTC and will want to get it doubled without working for it. Most people that fall for all this cheap scam are the one that might have luckily fortuned from such gambling before so it will be a normal game for them but by the time they lose their money, their eyes will be widely opened and that is when they will realize they have been making a big mistake. Anyway, BTT has become a home whereby every phase of scamming methods is documented and this will really help people from scammers.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 08:33:32 AM

we must not believe regardless barkers who offer stellar earnings on the various youtube channels regardless of whether they are real or fake of hacked channels...
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 11:19:21 AM

i think the moment you see a banner which tells you to deposit  eth or btc to get double or triple of it should immediately tell you that this is scam and the person should stay away, the sign already there to tell people this is fake but only the person that is greedy will want to still try it out, i hope some people will read this warning and take note not to fall victim.
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:26:56 AM

As the crypto community become smart, scammers are not just sitting there. They are making new plans to scam people. Recently a smart scam idea they whelp and that is youtube live streaming! Lots of people are falling those scams even one of my crypto mentors shared that link to participate!

Scammers are hacking youtube channels which have at least 10K subscribers to 80K! Then they collect some famous crypto meetup or interview videos! Later they make live streaming with that downloaded video, and announce a giveaway of 100K BTC or 100K ETH, BCH, XRP and so on! Can you imagine how smart this shit idea is? However, at the corner or left side of that live streaming they add a live transaction banner where you can see that if you send 1 Ethereum, you will get 5 or 10 Ethereum instantly!

If you ever fall in that trap means you are done, you fall in the scam and lost your money forever! Guys, be aware, always check a coin's official twitter handle to verify every giveaway! Don't fall in the scam, let scammers cry and die!

Scammers will keep looking for ways to act on the intelligence of people and one of this ways is displaying that which attracts most people. Just like you said, they know the value of ETH and thus display to all those who cares to listen what is in for them, but those people who always fall for such fails to ask themselves questions such as, how can a project afford to spend such amount of ETH when there is no promotion or marketing going on, just send 1 and get 5 ETH just like that. Let's be careful of what we crave for and the information we listen to as most are a medium to get to us.

Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:49:40 AM

Now especially that we are in the golden years of crypocurrency scammers will be back with a better revenge on investors, I just hope that investors aren't as stupid and lazy as they always are in 2017/2018, hope they've finally realized the importance of research

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 12:02:17 PM

Lchino, I hear for the first time about this type of fraud, perhaps because I personally do not go to such meetings. But if this is true, then the scammers are really getting smarter before our eyes and come up with new schemes. I know for sure that now you need to protect yourself and your social networks from hacking, for this you need to set strong passwords and put protection in the form of SMS alerts or 2fa. Unfortunately, I personally know people who will not miss the temptation to go to such a meeting and try their luck and they will fall into the hands of scammers. All this is sad, but do not despair and you need to know more about scammers and their schemes and inform the community.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 12:16:48 PM

Now especially that we are in the golden years of crypocurrency scammers will be back with a better revenge on investors, I just hope that investors aren't as stupid and lazy as they always are in 2017/2018, hope they've finally realized the importance of research

Investors who have long been in the cryptocurrency market are increasingly aware of how scams occur and their mode. What newbies in the crypto market need to pay attention to is that they are not interested in promotions or airdrops that look too good to be true.
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 12:28:49 PM

Any person, organization or entity that asked to send ETH or BTC to an address to get more in return is nothing but a scam, no matter how strong they seem to look, nothing is really free in this world, you will only get caught in this scam if you yourself has a greedy heart
Asuspawer09

Activity: 1652
Merit: 426

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 12:41:42 PM

Exactly what happened in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5227737.0

This is Exodus wallet is the one that hacking youtube channel having their Livestream promoting the wallet. Look ironic since people will not trust this kind of wallet if they are promoting it from a hacked account.
But also I see a post from Exodus wallet Fb page that they see youtube channel get hacked and pretending to be exodus wallet...

I follow a video editing channel on YouTube from a guy called Jack Cole. Recently his channel completely changed. The image and name were set to Exodus Wallet and they delisted all of his videos. He has more than 200k subscribers and now they are live streaming some fake promotional Exodus stuff where you click a link and go to a fake Exodus page where you are prompted to input your seeds.

Please help take this down immediately as some beginners might lose their money falling for the scam.

Here's the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKcDKZHZP10

Here's the scam page: [DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO HERE]  https://exodus.promo/

Here's a legit video from the original channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbnh8-T2wn4

If you Google "Jack Cole Video Editing YouTube" you will find the name of the channel is still Jack Cole but when you click it you see it's been hacked.

HUGE
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:04:30 PM

Although if the channel has a lot of followers, it doesn't mean they are legitimate and look legit because we know that the followers can be bought from the other services. We need to search for the other news about that so we can know if they are telling the truth or not, and we can follow the step to make money.
I highly suspect that this is why Youtube has a case with cryptocurrency and crypto related channels in the past where they deleted all of its content regarding cryptocurrency. Although the scam scheme is true, Youtube considered it and put it back. Seems like the scammers are getting hard time to catch ignorants and keep upgrading their scheme but if you are not new with this industry, you will notice it easily with the "Send first" procedure lol. There are really gullible people especially when they are trusting the website ( Youtube, Facebook etc.)

We need to be careful if we want to follow the giveaways because not all giveaways are true. There is no easy money that we can earn from doing an easy way. All the things we do will need time to earn some money, and we need hard work to earn that money.
Giveaways are true I can assure you that but it does not comes with huge amount since they are not giving it on a single person. Giveaways that are too good to be true is the scam one, it tends to look catchy and interesting at first but when you go deeper to it you'll see how shit it is.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: