Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:15:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STD] StandardCoin - BUILT-IN EXCHANGE - Permanently Rising Rate  (Read 47930 times)
appbox

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:23:30 AM

Sorry, but however this coin's scheme sounds at least interesting, it makes no sense what so ever.
It is a shameless self pump, actually, or maybe I name it wrong, but it is a failed design.

Imagine this coin from thermodynamic perspective, where your particular system (this coin system)
is a closed one. Now you put energy inside- namely- BitCoins. The total potential (value) of a system
over any available amount of time, stays exactly the same
-not taking into account any loss, or dissipation.
Now your system translate the potential (BTC value) into its own new scale- STD. Now the most important
part goes:
no matter to how many (thousands or millions) you divide those BTC, the total potential
(value) of a system stay exactly the same. It always will.

Now second most important part, that make me see this as a self pump: because of value of single
particle being connected with a fixed divider of the total potential of a system (value), you will gain
most buying those particles early/low (accumulation) then waiting for others to participate (add potential
to a system), and then dumping your particles
- namely- STD, which in turn render other coins to have
less total potential. After all, if you consider the edge of the example- someone will stay with ALL coins,
that has exactly 0 potential (0 BTC in system)
. It is the starting state of the system, and will be the
ending point of a system, like everything in nature.
The most important thing is to know, when to
go out, but you can easily use a half-life point of a system to get most of potential out with you.

If above is not working- then it is even worse! At this point it would be not only a fail, but also a scam.
Sorry, but however this coin's scheme sounds at least interesting, it makes no sense what so ever.
It is a shameless self pump, actually, or maybe I name it wrong, but it is a failed design.

Imagine this coin from thermodynamic perspective, where your particular system (this coin system)
is a closed one. Now you put energy inside- namely- BitCoins. The total potential (value) of a system
Now your system translate the potential (BTC value) into its own new scale- STD. Now the most important
part goes:
no matter to how many (thousands or millions) you divide those BTC, the total potential

Now second most important part, that make me see this as a self pump: because of value of single
particle being connected with a fixed divider of the total potential of a system (value), you will gain
most buying those particles early/low (accumulation) then waiting for others to participate (add potential
less total potential. After all, if you consider the edge of the example- someone will stay with ALL coins,
go out, but you can easily use a half-life point of a system to get most of potential out with you.

If above is not working- then it is even worse! At this point it would be not only a fail, but also a scam.

Many people do not notice this, but as long as the whole chain of work-money-spending is not running
directly in alt coin, the whole system, and each and every coin is exactly the same scheme.

And a simplified version: obstructing the market laws in an encapsulated system means it is dead on arrival.

But I do not mean to hurt anyone, it is really refreshing to see something new.

Also not wanting to lie that I undermined your ideas without any means of profit- soon you will
see something of a true value, something that will not try to hide the fact that it is designed to
scam BTC from others; but not from people who participate (investors, miners), but from the whole coin market,
mostly the ignorants, pump&dump'ers, lazy, and stupid people.
Many people do not notice this, but as long as the whole chain of work-money-spending is not running
directly in alt coin, the whole system, and each and every coin is exactly the same scheme.

And a simplified version: obstructing the market laws in an encapsulated system means it is dead on arrival.

Also not wanting to lie that I undermined your ideas without any means of profit- soon you will
see something of a true value, something that will not try to hide the fact that it is designed to
scam BTC from others; but not from people who participate (investors, miners), but from the whole coin market,

There is no chance that somebody will hold ALL coins with 0 values. The store always has enough BTC to cover all STD on the market.
Nobody except the store itself can hold ALL coins at a specific time.
At a point, when all miners and investors want to dump their STD. There will be 0 STD in circulation and 400,000,000 STD in the store.
The system won't even dead at this point because it's a golden moment for buyers when someone with a small amount of BTC can get a lot of STD from the store.

std is good concept.

but invest volume is too mush, i think pow need more coins.

if 1000BTC for 25% investment, just 1000 satoshi price.

but, the miner cost not just this price.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
loicatraile

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:29:16 AM

still .. the catch is that if everyone wants to withdraw there will be at some point no BTC to withdraw anymore.. so it´s a risky run .. who stays in longer ..make profit and can get the money out and who stays to long there

kind of like the system Smiley
I don't see any risk in the long run here since everybody can take their money out at anytime they like without affecting the GER, in other word: not affecting other investors. When somebody take their BTC out, there will be more STD for new investors, the only effect this action causes is: benefit the future investors.

the risk is .. what happens if there are no new investors comming?.. then you will have STD to sell but no one to buy them back so that the system freezes
BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:30:39 AM

part goes:

Nothing new under the sun, that's a good old Ponzi.

Two major flow to add:

- They can't centralize the exchange forever, it will leak sooner or later and there is nothing they can do about that.
- If miners leave the game for some reasons, the coin die.

Panic with a 75% premined coin (heavily controlled), ends up with tears.
standardcoin (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:31:25 AM

part goes:

There is no chance that somebody will hold ALL coins with 0 values. The store always has enough BTC to cover all STD on the market.
Nobody except the store itself can hold ALL coins at a specific time.
At a point, when all miners and investors want to dump their STD. There will be 0 STD in circulation and 400,000,000 STD in the store.
The system won't even dead at this point because it's a golden moment for buyers when someone with a small amount of BTC can get a lot of STD from the store.

std is good concept.

but invest volume is too mush, i think pow need more coins.

if 1000BTC for 25% investment, just 1000 satoshi price.

but, the miner cost not just this price.
Miners can always sell the STD at a reasonable price on third-party exchanges: craptsy, cryptoshit, etc..  just like any other clone-coin.
The point of the system is:
Investors know that their investment can only go up in time.
Miners are sure that their mined coins will worth some BTC.
And the manipulators (the whales) can't control the market, they can't just pump and dump the coin because once pumped, it can't be dumped.
standardcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:42:08 AM

still .. the catch is that if everyone wants to withdraw there will be at some point no BTC to withdraw anymore.. so it´s a risky run .. who stays in longer ..make profit and can get the money out and who stays to long there

I don't see any risk in the long run here since everybody can take their money out at anytime they like without affecting the GER, in other word: not affecting other investors. When somebody take their BTC out, there will be more STD for new investors, the only effect this action causes is: benefit the future investors.

the risk is .. what happens if there are no new investors comming?. then you will have STD to sell but no one to buy them back so that the system freezes
Did you know what they say about Bitcoin? What if no one wants to buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.. anymore? If it happens, your coins will worth nothing. Its value is 0.
StandardCoin is different, at least you know that your StandardCoin has some value even if no one want to buy it anymore. And you also know that your coin's value is rising continously.
StandardCoin is not just a coin. It's a system where your money is protected.
Gold Standard System didn't work well in the past. But Bitcoin Standard System, with helps from modern technologies, may work.
standardcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:48:11 AM

part goes:

Nothing new under the sun, that's a good old Ponzi.

Two major flow to add:

- They can't centralize the exchange forever, it will leak sooner or later and there is nothing they can do about that.
- If miners leave the game for some reasons, the coin die.

Panic with a 75% premined coin (heavily controlled), ends up with tears.
I suggest you read through the system first. If there is something unclear, I'll be glad to answer your questions.
BTCspoon

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:51:54 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 12:02:30 PM by BTCspoon

the risk is .. what happens if there are no new investors comming?. then you will have STD to sell but no one to buy them back so that the system freezes
Did you know what they say about Bitcoin? What if no one want to buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.. anymore? If it happens, your coins will worth nothing. Its value is 0.
StandardCoin is different, at least you know that your StandardCoin has some value even if no one want to buy it anymore. And you also know that your coin's value is rising continously.
Gold Standard System didn't work well in the past. But Bitcoin Standard System, with helps from modern technologies, may work.

Ok let's play your game a second, just to get some fun out of this mess.
Ok, I imagine that no one want to buy some BTC anymore and unfortunately the value fall to 0. STD is backed with BTC right? so?. Are you saying you backed up the coin with real money/silver/gold? Unicorn dust?

I suggest you read through the system first. If there is something unclear, I'll be glad to answer your questions.

You cute. I understand it, don't worry.  Derivative Ponzi scheme.
standardcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:01:34 PM

Did you know what they say about Bitcoin? What if no one want to buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc.. anymore? If it happens, your coins will worth nothing. Its value is 0.

Ok, I imagine that no one want to buy some BTC any more and unfortunately the value fall to 0. STD is backed with BTC right? so?. Are you saying you backed up the coin will real money/silver/gold? Unicorn dust?

You cute. I understand it, don't worry.

I am not saying any bad thing about Bitcoin or the cryptocurrency community. BTC in crypto world is like Gold in the real world. It has value because people believe it is.
Yes, STD is backed up by BTC, if BTC worth nothing than STD will worth nothing. Any other coins will worth nothing. The crypto currency community will collapse.
BTCspoon

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:04:36 PM

Ok, I imagine that no one want to buy some BTC any more and unfortunately the value fall to 0. STD is backed with BTC right? so?. Are you saying you backed up the coin will real money/silver/gold? Unicorn dust?

You cute. I understand it, don't worry.

I am not saying any bad thing about Bitcoin or the cryptocurrency community. BTC in crypto world is like Gold in the real world. It has value because people believe it is.
Yes, STD is backed up by BTC, if BTC worth nothing than STD will worth nothing. Any other coins will worth nothing. The crypto currency community will collapse.

Not what you are saying here, make up your mind.

Goldsnk

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:06:11 PM

CANT SYNC- PLZ HELP!
standardcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:08:08 PM

CANT SYNC- PLZ HELP!
What OS are you on?
userpacman1

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:09:17 PM

CANT SYNC- PLZ HELP!

Be glad you can't mine such a fraud coin, try a decent one.
Goldsnk

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:12:28 PM

CANT SYNC- PLZ HELP!
What OS are you on?
Win 7
standardcoin (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:16:33 PM

Check your firewall and connection. Are you able to connect to any node?
Check your connections by clicking Help -> Debug Windows
arz

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:56:01 PM

Premine?Huh?

Crypto enthusiast/part-time trader, iOS Developer
userpacman1

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:17:13 PM

Premine?Huh?

Why do you care about premine? They fixed price!

Nevermind their coin value can only go up, that's even better!

kache

Activity: 140

Bored

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:24:39 PM

Here's a full list of peers I have currently:

addnode=118.70.190.61:5333
addnode=212.187.104.200:57253
addnode=80.239.117.178:55459
addnode=178.49.118.233:5333
addnode=213.112.192.61:60587
addnode=98.126.190.28:5333
addnode=80.101.168.33:62551
addnode=148.251.80.245:50908
addnode=95.28.188.202:5333
addnode=80.128.87.185:57637
addnode=99.2.202.21:50229
addnode=67.241.250.139:5333
addnode=75.163.129.124:56092
addnode=148.251.80.245:45450
addnode=82.68.43.106:50560
addnode=216.121.249.83:50544
addnode=192.241.153.178:5333
addnode=71.8.44.246:54075
addnode=208.107.130.112:38684
addnode=123.243.191.143:5333
addnode=81.224.110.171:54132
addnode=86.158.183.80:60163
addnode=76.120.153.146:56901
addnode=109.158.148.120:53434
addnode=87.113.61.122:57573
addnode=184.171.213.239:56535
addnode=89.146.60.241:58078
addnode=87.187.7.116:50375
addnode=85.3.43.4:60391
addnode=134.3.176.190:52847
addnode=101.167.59.225:62175
addnode=83.82.233.102:62096
addnode=112.81.142.180:50138
addnode=75.108.19.106:5333
addnode=83.4.170.248:11610
addnode=151.225.170.191:56210
addnode=86.23.84.184:65011
Where do we put this? Sorry I'm obviously a noob at this specific detail.  Cheesy
%appdata%\Standardcoin\Standardcoin.conf
If doesn't exist, create it.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
kache

Bored

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:25:50 PM

Selling, PM with offers.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
zeetak

Merit: 12

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:29:00 PM

Why did i miss the IPO :S i would have loved me some cheap std, as i hope this coin will have a bright future Smiley
The IPO has just been started dude: https://standardcoin.net/price_valuation

how long is this initial price valuation period slated to be?

edit: found the answer here: https://standardcoin.net/exchange
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:30:11 PM

Premine?Huh?

Why do you care about premine? They fixed price!

Nevermind their coin value can only go up, that's even better!

The price can 'only go up?' LOL, where have we heard that before?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: