Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will the Halving affect the BTC price?  (Read 767 times)
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 773

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 02:00:10 PM

There are so many discussions already on that subject. To my opinion people are having too big expectations from halving and think that will produce some huge price jump similar to those at the end of 2017. Some positive effects will happen but not in such big extend and probaly the impact will not have a long term impact. That is my opinion but I allow the option to be surprised at the end, hope in positive way.

And because of 2017 effect many people speculates that there's something big gonna happen on these halving  year but unfortunately we cannot experience that on some matter since there still a big threat on the economy and yet many people cannot participate to buy bitcoins these days but lets just hope that there's a positive news and all worried from those affected country will be taken away.
It isnt surprising for people to think up that way yet we have seen the history on how the price performed after halving event.Just to say that the said upcoming event is somewhat being
diverted to the current issue we are facing now which is the pandemic thing.Come to know that we are only just 49 days left on the said halving.Nothing is assured when in talks
to the future we might either see an increase,decrease or even moving sideways.

Well if we are going to trace back btc halving history, it clearly we see an increased in btc price and in mining block rewards but we can't say that history always repeats itself all the time.
As i said earlier,nothing is certain but at least we do know deep inside on ourselves that there would be always a possibility on having the same
situation that we have faced into those golden days.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:22:05 PM

Well if we are going to trace back btc halving history, it clearly we see an increased in btc price and in mining block rewards but we can't say that history always repeats itself all the time.
Specially with this kind of market now?absolutely there will be no repeat happening this next quarter or until the last till december.
There are no cure for the sickness or for the virus so the dumping will continue until the cure finds.
But Halving will give us profit but when the time the Bull starts right after the crisis ends and the effect of halving will take place.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 25, 2020, 03:38:06 PM

Specially with this kind of market now?absolutely there will be no repeat happening this next quarter or until the last till december.
There are no cure for the sickness or for the virus so the dumping will continue until the cure finds.
But Halving will give us profit but when the time the Bull starts right after the crisis ends and the effect of halving will take place.

we are still on the first quarter of the year and it will take a long time for us to reach december and with this time span i think the virus will not exist anymore  .

there are now cures that i see online and on youtube but some of those sources are not yet verified  however if we look at china , how can people on those country got cured if no medicines for corona invented  ?

halving will not be postponed because of this virus and i still believe that halving can boost the price  of the cryptos   .
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 11:50:11 PM

Some being hopeless but many are also positive that this halving event could help much.
Might we say that this is just an assumption and yet, we are speculating the future of crypto? Either it happens or not, people will also have to accept it. Price fluctuation is inevitable, the trend keeps changing all the time. Therefore, we can't expect that halving will put as at ease and think that pumps will come along.

The previous halving has a positive result and I do believe that this could also the same but thinking how the price moves, it is a bit different from before. A lot of factors that could help to twist the market trend and so much more about how coronavirus makes it.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:09:45 AM

The issue is that many people are looking at crypto and how its correlated with the stock market. This is why we were tanking earlier however now that the stock indicies futures are open and they are not tanking we are actually rallying back up.

So if the situation gets worse and if SP500 keeps hitting new yearly lows every week or every other week then it won't be pretty for BTC since many consider it to be an risk-on asset and many sell those usually in recessions. At times like this many want to remain cash and rather buy stocks or cryptos at a fraction of the price sometime in the next 6 months or so.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 04:33:08 AM

If we trace back the previous btc halving, the price obviously rises just after the halving but we don't know how the market reacts on this coming halving event, so we have to take chances of course.
If the Pandemic stops this 2nd quarter then for sure there will be some changes mate and may see some good point on how the Halving will effect the growth of market again though nothing is certain.
Some being hopeless but many are also positive that this halving event could help much.
Might we say that this is just an assumption and yet, we are speculating the future of crypto? Either it happens or not, people will also have to accept it. Price fluctuation is inevitable, the trend keeps changing all the time. Therefore, we can't expect that halving will put as at ease and think that pumps will come along.
Maybe not along but will happen soon,if not in this year then the following will may right?
The previous halving has a positive result and I do believe that this could also the same but thinking how the price moves, it is a bit different from before. A lot of factors that could help to twist the market trend and so much more about how coronavirus makes it.
But the previous Halving take effect months after the event so realistically this will happen also now?anything can come now or in future but lets not lose hope.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 04:48:29 AM

If we trace back the previous btc halving, the price obviously rises just after the halving but we don't know how the market reacts on this coming halving event, so we have to take chances of course.
If the Pandemic stops this 2nd quarter then for sure there will be some changes mate and may see some good point on how the Halving will effect the growth of market again though nothing is certain.
Maybe not along but will happen soon,if not in this year then the following will may right?
But the previous Halving take effect months after the event so realistically this will happen also now?anything can come now or in future but lets not lose hope.

Most likely it won't stop in the 2nd quarter, maybe in the 3rd quarter. However the economic damage that it created can last for years. Keep in mind many people lost their jobs and it will take years to refill those jobs.

Usually businesses lay people off, say 100 people and then they start to hire people slowly, first 50, then 25 and maybe if business is good the remaining 25. Hence its a domino effect. Less people working, less goods and services pretty much.

Like I said before. The issue is that bitcoin is following equities, hence when its not going down. SP500 keeps printing higher and higher, however people are still losing their jobs. Eventually most earnings for companies will be negative and stocks will eventually stop rising and either go to new low or trade sideways and bitcoin will follow. Don't think the halving in 1 month will have much effect really. If stocks go up that day, so will bitcoin. If they go down, so will bitcoin.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 18, 2020, 07:58:44 AM

Most likely it won't stop in the 2nd quarter, maybe in the 3rd quarter. However the economic damage that it created can last for years. Keep in mind many people lost their jobs and it will take years to refill those jobs.

Usually businesses lay people off, say 100 people and then they start to hire people slowly, first 50, then 25 and maybe if business is good the remaining 25. Hence its a domino effect. Less people working, less goods and services pretty much.

Like I said before. The issue is that bitcoin is following equities, hence when its not going down. SP500 keeps printing higher and higher, however people are still losing their jobs. Eventually most earnings for companies will be negative and stocks will eventually stop rising and either go to new low or trade sideways and bitcoin will follow. Don't think the halving in 1 month will have much effect really. If stocks go up that day, so will bitcoin. If they go down, so will bitcoin.

It's interesting that stocks made two new local highs (on the 14th and 16th) but BTC didn't. Still all lower highs since the 7th. One has to wonder, is BTC still going up with stocks, or are stocks just keeping BTC from crashing?

We're now officially in earnings season too. It's going to be a brutal onslaught of horrible financials, so while I don't like to call tops, we'd better start getting ready for the inevitable reversal.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 09:30:27 AM

This is why we need to be conservative with our expectations with the upcoming halving. But I believe, the price of bitcoin will go up but not that so high as compared to some spectators going above 20k. There are a lot of factors to consider here as we are still in the pandemic situation experienced in almost all parts of the globe. Crypto users should not see this upcoming halving as potential to be a get-rich-quick situation for them because they might be disappointed with their expectations.
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 10:54:20 AM

Now, this will be more exciting as the next Bitcoin halving (a historic event wherein Bitcoin price soars up after that event) will ultimately prove or disappoint what most people expect. I personally believe the effects of incoming halving will definitely be in a greater magnitude so that I would assume that we will see Bitcoin reach a new ATH again. But I'm not so sure right now because of the current financial crisis.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 11:21:53 AM

If miners btc reward reduced from 12.5 to 6.25 using the same amount of electric energy and other resources, after selling at loss for a long time as 1 year, it is expected that the motivation will be low and transaction might also be slower. History showed that there might not be an instant price response and the recent pandemic may also affect investment in a space that had endured dump for that long. Since most fund in the past had always come from altcoins, I expect a steady altcoin season rise after the halving and pandemic is controlled. Investment in mining is more expensive and we have more wealthy miners that may not sell at the low price which could lead to more scarce asset, scarcity is likely to pump the price.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 11:27:26 AM

Now, this will be more exciting as the next Bitcoin halving (a historic event wherein Bitcoin price soars up after that event) will ultimately prove or disappoint what most people expect. I personally believe the effects of incoming halving will definitely be in a greater magnitude so that I would assume that we will see Bitcoin reach a new ATH again. But I'm not so sure right now because of the current financial crisis.
It is what everybody is expecting with the upcoming halving. We compare to the two halvings that happened in the past and both does have a great effect to the price of bitcoin.

Means that the next will actually affect the price greater and to the point of even more because the past two was great. There is a chance that it will surpass the past halving effect but as you have said, this is it, we will see if it's a make it or break it impact for the price.

coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 05:13:12 PM

Speculations will always happen, that is how they work and I think those are kind of the bread and butter of some of the traders because they really like to speculate and watch people make the moves they told them to do in order to make a profit. However, if we are too conservative with out predictions that would mean we may consider it going down as well and that is where I am drawing my personal line.

I think bitcoin will go up, I don't think it will be 20k neither but I think we are definitely going to see 10k and higher as well. In the end bitcoin is a great asset to have and everyone should put some aside, it is against inflation at the time of countries printing money as well so we can definitely say that bitcoin will gain value while fiat is losing its.
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 07:34:22 AM

Even before when the year is only just starting, we could see the massive increase in the standing of Bitcoin that certainly gave hope for holders and investors to stock Bitcoin for a possible high profit. But, as the year passes by, we observed how its price go down up ton$3,500 value, lower from the end of year 2019, this could have happened because of the pandemic, no one expected for it to happen.

Even though when there is still a pandemic around the globe, I think, that many are still hype for the future of Bitcoin, mainly because of the halving and it might be just right. Impending demand from the people affected by the virus in a quarantine + the coming halving would surely be a reason to still hold Bitcoin.
darewaller

Activity: 2828
Merit: 638

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 07:44:54 PM

Considering this is a long term thing the main idea is the minus profits of the miners that will be affecting in the long run. What people are considering the 100% affects of halving and what they imagine are different things, some people imagine it will skyrocket as soon as we move to half mining, considering we need to buy for bitcoin to increase, who the hell will buy as soon as halving happens?

However one thing is guaranteed which is miners will actually make less profit, which means they will try to increase the price, or at least hope the price increases and when that doesn't happen the worst case is they will stop selling for a while, keep the whole thing to themselves and wait for it to go up before they sell, they made enough profits already so they may hold for some time which could cause it to go up.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 09:01:23 PM

That was the usual market and that is what was expected this time around if the economic situation was strong but things have changed a lot in the past few months and it is eminent that we will be facing an economic crisis and how the bitcoin market will react to the recession is a big question for every bitcoin investor but if you are looking at the grand scheme of things the market will rise and all you need to do is to hold for a much longer period.
FanEagle
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1117

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 12:04:35 PM

That was the usual market and that is what was expected this time around if the economic situation was strong but things have changed a lot in the past few months and it is eminent that we will be facing an economic crisis and how the bitcoin market will react to the recession is a big question for every bitcoin investor but if you are looking at the grand scheme of things the market will rise and all you need to do is to hold for a much longer period.
If there were no corona outbreak then we can be sure about bitcoin markets to react the same manner how it has performed on two previous halving. But, we are into deep recession world wide. People may hesitate to invest into anything rather than spending for their living. Because things may cost more than usual and job lays off may happen at every sectors. So, we need to face anything after halving.

If there will be at least a slow down in the spread of corona and if governments restore at least 60% of usual activities then we can sure about bitcoin to perform like before. Because, people may not get many other tradition investment opportunities hence bitcoin may turn as their stopper; this is very much applicable to institutional fund as well.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1138

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 12:57:49 PM

If there were no corona outbreak then we can be sure about bitcoin markets to react the same manner how it has performed on two previous halving. But, we are into deep recession world wide. People may hesitate to invest into anything rather than spending for their living. Because things may cost more than usual and job lays off may happen at every sectors. So, we need to face anything after halving.

If there will be at least a slow down in the spread of corona and if governments restore at least 60% of usual activities then we can sure about bitcoin to perform like before. Because, people may not get many other tradition investment opportunities hence bitcoin may turn as their stopper; this is very much applicable to institutional fund as well.

Hesitance would really be there since we are in the middle of pandemic and as you said where people would prioritize their living first before anything else.
We cant still conclude that there would be no significant actions in the market on upcoming halving but basing on up the current condition then we can
somewhat say that its hard to believe or hope that much when it comes to price movement.This isnt the priority as of this moment thats why
most people doesnt hope that much.

joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 07:24:38 PM

No matter the dump in price that would come before this halving the price of bitcoin will certainly rise above $8K. For this I am very optimistic about and considering the fact that stocks are going down investors are definitely going to direct some funds into the crypto market to cut down the loss in stocks with the gains that they are going to make with the upcoming bitcoin halving.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 10:46:30 AM

No matter the dump in price that would come before this halving the price of bitcoin will certainly rise above $8K. For this I am very optimistic about and considering the fact that stocks are going down investors are definitely going to direct some funds into the crypto market to cut down the loss in stocks with the gains that they are going to make with the upcoming bitcoin halving.

I believe in much higher prices after halving, but not immediately! Effects on the price after halving will be
positive in long-term and that's all that should be matter for all of us. I know that some people wish to get
rich fast, and that high price will come right after halving, but I think it will take time before we see real
effects of halving on Bitcoin price!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████