Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, today, Is OpenRigs.com a scam or not? Finally the truth  (Read 9632 times)
metraque (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:16:13 AM

I was searching for reviews and get tired of viewing threads with links to other endless threads, so... Is OpenRigs.com a SCAM or not?? Post your reasons down below.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metraque (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:57:48 AM

anyone? :C
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:48:29 AM

I wouldnt take the risk.
adamsworks

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:16:29 AM

I ordered 2 X frames on 12 Dec,  paid via paypal.  Shipping to Canada. Website stated product shipped 09 Jan.

The issue is that I still haven't received any package.  Tracking number has been provided, and it is confusing.  Either they are the victims of the South African postal system (likely the 2nd worst in the world...  North Korea likely has the worst),  or they are a scam.  My package is reportedly in Capemail as of 23 Jan.

Sent email today,  and still havn't heard anything.

Will advise when I figure out what is going on,

Ryan
irrational

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:17:19 AM

Is OpenRigs.com a SCAM or not??

If you have to ask the question, you probably already have your answer. When in doubt, trust your gut.

BTW, I know nothing about them... just speaking from previous experiences in general.
ndonnard

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:05:38 PM

No one wants to take the risk. Sorry dude!
metraque (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:06:41 AM

Thanks! Would like to hear a cheap option from China. But it seems it didn't exist. Why they not do alluminium rigs?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 03:47:28 PM

I ordered 2 X frames on 12 Dec,  paid via paypal.  Shipping to Canada. Website stated product shipped 09 Jan.

The issue is that I still haven't received any package.  Tracking number has been provided, and it is confusing.  Either they are the victims of the South African postal system (likely the 2nd worst in the world...  North Korea likely has the worst),  or they are a scam.  My package is reportedly in Capemail as of 23 Jan.

Sent email today,  and still havn't heard anything.

Will advise when I figure out what is going on,

Ryan

Packages are scanned when they *leave* an area, not when they arrive...so your item was put on a boat on Jan 23rd:) You can confirm this by tracking your order on the CanadaPost website - there are no status updates when it's in-between countries. Try tracking this one on CanadaPost, for example: CN025026803ZA (or, as a comparison, this EMS shipment to Canada: EE028408355ZA)

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

So many customers have reported receiving their units that the answer is obviously no. If you haven't received your order it is most likely that you selected surface mail during checkout (an extremely slow shipping method).

Examples of OpenRigs units in the wild:

http://www.republicofsoftware.com/rosrig01/
https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/6014-openrigs-review-lulz/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg5082140#msg5082140 & https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg5084496#msg5084496
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347756.msg4800434#msg4800434
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470944.msg5330069#msg5330069

Yes, there ARE customers that have ordered and chose surface mail without realising how slow it is. We have done our best to accommodate them and assist them, but ultimately there isn't much we can do - the shipping timelines are listed when you choose a shipping method. We've also removed surface mail as a shipping option, to our detriment, as we could no longer trust that people were choosing it knowingly and willingly - everyone suddenly claims ignorance when they realise that a published transit time of 6-10+ weeks means just that.

The vast majority of serious negativity has been courtesy of a known scammer that I "scorned" by calling him out, recalling his parcel before it left the country, and refunding him. All of his sock-puppet accounts have had negative trust ratings when they're spotted. More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484653.0

apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:03:51 PM

I would say they aren't a scam. I ordered in December last year and still haven t received my racks but I did receive the package that they sent for the mixup. So why would they send the brackets they sent me in good faith if the other was not on it's way.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
Datalore1

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:34:19 PM

Ordered my frame at the end of November during the sale and I'm almost four months out without receipt. That is far more than any possible surface mail estimates.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:41:52 PM

Ordered my frame at the end of November during the sale and I'm almost four months out without receipt. That is far more than any possible surface mail estimates.

Not so - our transit timelines on our delivery and returns policy (https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6) and when they are listed on each shipping method during checkout all state that they are transit timelines only, and exclude any other stages in the order. Specifically: "Shipping via regular surface mail typically takes up to 10 weeks (even longer if there are import delays at the destination country - the official stance from the post office is that it can take up to 13 weeks), and via courier typically takes a week or two at the most. Somewhat in the middle is EMS, which normally takes 2-4 weeks to arrive. Note that these timelines are from the day it leaves the country, and excludes the scheduling phase, fabrication, and customs pre-clearance."

Looks like yours has been in transit for around 8.5 weeks, so you should receive it in the next couple of weeks:)

Datalore1

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 07:55:14 PM

Not so - our transit timelines on our delivery and returns policy (https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6) and when they are listed on each shipping method during checkout all state that they are transit timelines only, and exclude any other stages in the order. Specifically: "Shipping via regular surface mail typically takes up to 10 weeks (even longer if there are import delays at the destination country - the official stance from the post office is that it can take up to 13 weeks), and via courier typically takes a week or two at the most. Somewhat in the middle is EMS, which normally takes 2-4 weeks to arrive. Note that these timelines are from the day it leaves the country, and excludes the scheduling phase, fabrication, and customs pre-clearance."

Looks like yours has been in transit for around 8.5 weeks, so you should receive it in the next couple of weeks:)

For my order, 10 weeks is up either Tuesday or Thursday of next week, depending on whether you use 1/14 or 1/16 as the date of shipment out of the country. I do not believe the "+" modifies the expectations of the customer, nor should it.

I will be glad to receive the frame if - and when - I finally receive it. But it has been so long now that I have had to go with other options in the interim. I understand some things are out of your control, but an entire third of a year has passed since I ordered the frame. That is simply incredible.

To answer the OP, and to be fair to fluffypony: are they a scam? No, I don't think so. But are some of us dissatisfied with the absurd shipping times we have encountered? Absolutely.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:57:41 PM

For my order, 10 weeks is up either Tuesday or Thursday of next week, depending on whether you use 1/14 or 1/16 as the date of shipment out of the country. I do not believe the "+" modifies the expectations of the customer, nor should it.

I will be glad to receive the frame if - and when - I finally receive it. But it has been so long now that I have had to go with other options in the interim. I understand some things are out of your control, but an entire third of a year has passed since I ordered the frame. That is simply incredible.

To answer the OP, and to be fair to fluffypony: are they a scam? No, I don't think so. But are some of us dissatisfied with the absurd shipping times we have encountered? Absolutely.

I fully agree - and that's one of the things that we're working hard at resolving in a permanent way, so that future orders won't experience the lengthy shipping times our early orders have. We'll get there - thanks for being patient with us!

csa1234

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:48:43 PM

Made my order in December 9th, 2013, today March 25th, 2014 NOTHING.... I MEAN NOTHING, ZERO, NADA has arrive to me yet

Bellow is my order history:

Code:
Order History
Date Added Status Tracking No. Comment
09/12/2013 Awaiting Bitcoin confirmations
09/12/2013 Processing and pre-fabrication
13/12/2013 Fabrication Aluminium has arrived (yay!), plastic is being moulded at the speed of soft thunder, and we're fabricating away!
06/01/2014 Shipped, pending customs check. Thank you for your patience over this holiday season. Your parcel has gone off to customs, who will now do a little x-ray (or whatever they do there) and a paperwork check to make sure all is in order. Once that's done we'll be given tracking numbers, which we'll send on to you:)
03/02/2014 Shipped to customer CN******ZA We've gotten your tracking number back from customs, and your parcel is on its way to you:)

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, THEY ARE SCAMERS

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 06:59:17 PM

Made my order in December 9th, 2013, today March 25th, 2014 NOTHING.... I MEAN NOTHING, ZERO, NADA has arrive to me yet

Bellow is my order history:

Code:
Order History
Date Added Status Tracking No. Comment
09/12/2013 Awaiting Bitcoin confirmations
09/12/2013 Processing and pre-fabrication
13/12/2013 Fabrication Aluminium has arrived (yay!), plastic is being moulded at the speed of soft thunder, and we're fabricating away!
06/01/2014 Shipped, pending customs check. Thank you for your patience over this holiday season. Your parcel has gone off to customs, who will now do a little x-ray (or whatever they do there) and a paperwork check to make sure all is in order. Once that's done we'll be given tracking numbers, which we'll send on to you:)
03/02/2014 Shipped to customer CN******ZA We've gotten your tracking number back from customs, and your parcel is on its way to you:)

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, THEY ARE SCAMERS

Scammers, with two m's, and no, we obviously aren't:)

A CN...ZA tracking number is surface mail. Per the delivery and returns policy (https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6) the transit period on that shipping method is 6-10 weeks (up to a maximum of 13 weeks). If your item has been in transit since the beginning of Feb it means it's only been in transit for 7 weeks, so you're just barely in the expected transit period.

When you made your purchase you had to choose a shipping method, and were reminded at several points to read the delivery and returns policy before you could do this. Before you could make payment you had to tick a box to indicate you had read and agreed to the delivery and returns policy, which you ticked.

If you haven't received the item within the maximum transit time you agreed to we can conclude your shipment has gone missing. In that event, please reach out to us and we'll file a claim with our cargo insurance to immediately refund/replace your order.

HashRateSolutions

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:39:44 AM

We are a US based company that makes quality open air GPU and gridseed mining frames.

Check us out at www.hashratesolutions.com,  Orders ship in 5-7 business days.

Here is the link to our main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439641.0
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:40:24 AM

We are a US based company that makes quality open air GPU and gridseed mining frames.

Here is the link to our main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439641.0

lol.

HashRateSolutions

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:57:37 AM

lol.

Smiley
Thyatis

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 01:58:30 AM

I will recommend hash rate solutions. They provided me with an exceptional rig within a week!

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: