Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Security Director leaves for Coinbase  (Read 1227 times)
CoinRocka (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:21:59 AM

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/19/facebook-security-director-joins-bitcoin-startup-coinbase/

Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:31:13 AM

Boom!

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:34:25 AM

coinbase more secure thanks to FB security guy

coinbase expanding features and uses thanks to amazon director guy

looks like coinbase is heading in a more professional direction, which will giv it much needed cred and trust, since the gox fiasco..

i can see coinbase spearheading the next price rise and expansion of bitcoin services.

Cheesy

hmm bittburger said it better though

boom!

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:05:28 AM

Bullish!
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:11:19 AM

In other news, Facebook is less secure.  Cheesy

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
tslfins1

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:16:59 AM

Looks like he had "a stint at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago". Sounds like the right man for the job!
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:24:37 AM

Looks like he had "a stint at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago". Sounds like the right man for the job!

Well THAT sure crushed my initial enthusiasm about this news. Sad

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Dissonance

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:42:52 AM

I realize that most people in the forum are naturally suspisious of government and its not necessarily unjustified, however, not every G man is a bad person looking to crush your spirit and wallet.  This is big news for bitcoin as security is the biggest issue with mass adoption.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:45:36 AM

actually...

"leaving his role at Facebook as its Director of Security Incident Response"
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:03:48 AM

now Coinbase needs to focus on launching Litecoin support.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Morbo

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:08:07 AM

Take it easy, boys and girls.

A Microsoft scum left for Nokia. Then Microsoft bought Nokia after that scum destroyed it.

http://drunkyoda.tk/ - Bitcoin blog by newbie for newbies (no ads, no reflinks, no donation begging)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:28:04 AM

My experience with facebook security has been rather dismal:

http://metaversemusician.com/blog/hackers-steal-facebook-pages-creator-loses-administrator-rights/

I'm sure it'll be great for Coinbase in pulling in yet more investment. Based upon my personal experience, I don't expect customer service to benefit.

Anybody anywhere feel that facebook gives a crap how secure your account is?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:45:46 AM

holly molly!
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:39:02 AM

Great news, we need to suck more great tech talent into the crypto ecosystem

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:23:28 AM

VCs play crucial role behind these honcho moves....

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:12:01 AM

I realize that most people in the forum are naturally suspisious of government and its not necessarily unjustified, however, not every G man is a bad person looking to crush your spirit and wallet.  This is big news for bitcoin as security is the biggest issue with mass adoption.

Considering the man has been in the tech industry rather than government or banking for a while, I'm cautiously hopeful that he might actually be able and willing to enhance Coinbase security.

But as he has actually worked for the Fed, it's nowhere close to the almost-certainly positive event that I had thought at first. His background leaves serious room for doubt (it's not at all uncommon for key folks to leave banking, enter other domains and continue to represent the interests of the banking industry, if not their specific former employer. To not consider this a possibility, especially when it comes to Bitcoin, is to ignore that trend.)

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 08:14:07 AM

coinbase more secure thanks to FB security guy

coinbase expanding features and uses thanks to amazon director guy

looks like coinbase is heading in a more professional direction, which will giv it much needed cred and trust, since the gox fiasco..

i can see coinbase spearheading the next price rise and expansion of bitcoin services.

Cheesy

hmm bittburger said it better though

boom!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: