Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:27:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: and this is why we're still flying under the radar  (Read 2558 times)
foodies123 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:54:18 AM

in case you're wondering what coin it's about, it's myriadcoin, a coin that is every miner's dream and yet is largely unknown because it's not a pretty shiny animal / country / ipo / premine / giveaway / bribing / copy-paste clone / hype / celebrity / [insert other shit clones here]

I'm not here to hype or boast a coin, I'm not a bag holder I just mine what more and more people like me see as the future for crypto miner, a coin that gives gpus and cpus a fair chance agains asics without excluding asics but by embracing them and giving them a fair share of the pie, a coin with such a fair distribution no one can even muster slightly bad comment about ...

fuck yeah ... myriadcoin ... because everyone on the forum bitches about shitcoins but when a coin that embraces the concept satoshi nakamoto wanted for bitcoin, but failed because he didn't take asics into account is released 90% of the mining comunity ignores it because they're all too busy mining shit for a few bucks and then start bitching about it because they're left holding bags of exactly what they mined ... shit ...

enjoy the rest of your day Smiley

nope
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:24:19 AM

Myriad does indeed look interesting.  I'd suggest posting some information about it here; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519658.0  if you haven't already.  A legit exchange that is asking what makes the coin worthwhile to add, instead of simply demanding bribes to get something listed.

While I'm sure all the exchanges are doing it (hell many just have it all automated via votes now), I'll never be using atomic for my personal or pool trading.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:24:38 AM

part 2 (sort-off  exhonerating atomic-trade):

nope
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:27:50 AM

Myriad does indeed look interesting.  I'd suggest posting some information about it here; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=519658.0  if you haven't already.  A legit exchange that is asking what makes the coin worthwhile to add, instead of simply demanding bribes to get something listed.

I've contacted the OP in that thread via PM and he said he's interested in the coin and is watching it ... we have no chance being noticed in the thread itself because of the flood of crapcoin supporters spamming their coins so I didn't insist. It fills my heart with great joy to see nearmiss from hashcows taking a liking into myriad after others like ahmed_bodi joining the comunity. Thanks for your reply.

nope
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:41:05 AM

Nearmiss: 64K DialUp Tongue

Foodies. glad u screenshotted that. i wont be using atomic trade either. thats just scammy asking for 1.5btc upfront

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
TheNexusProtocol

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 01:43:24 AM

Dear users,

We will add your coin to our exchange for free. If this is backed by old schoolers like ahmed_bodi and others and actually helps the community we will be glad to add it. At least you can have some sort of stable exchange. We are doing huge upgrades at the moment due to our environment coming out, but our exchange is completely secure currently.

Kind Regards,

The Nexxus Corp.
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:46:50 AM

Dear users,

We will add your coin to our exchange for free. If this is backed by old schoolers like ahmed_bodi and others and actually helps the community we will be glad to add it. At least you can have some sort of stable exchange. We are doing huge upgrades at the moment due to our environment coming out, but our exchange is completely secure currently.

Kind Regards,

The Nexxus Corp.

thank you.

nope
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:24:00 AM

see ? this is what I mean ? everybody watches ... nods their head and moves along this thread has 100+ views but only 3 users replied + me, everyone complains that too many coins with no real basis to be mined are ejaculated onto them daily (haha I said ejaculated) but no one hass the cojones to support a coin who has to potential to rise on inovation alone with no other gimmick behind it.

nope
TheNexusProtocol

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:44:14 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 05:00:08 AM by TheNexusProtocol

Dear users,

Innovation of Myriad with the integration of all protocols is pretty much revolutionary at this point and pretty much offers versatility for everyone in the cryptoworld. In a region of stagnation you have created a really interesting coin from a marketing and computational science level. You guys should be proud of yourselves, we will definitely support this, we will give your users an online wallet and a major pairing on an exchange. It will be added in around a day.

Kind Regards,

The Nexxus Corp.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:17:04 AM

I think the main problem with myriad coin is there is just too damn many of them, the market is saturated with I think over 60 million coins now and it's only a month old? Hardly bears well for creating a scarce crypto currency to sit alongside Bitcoin. It may be fun for miners but what is the practical use for consumers, why should they want to exchange it for goods or services?
anyone4u

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:25:18 AM

I read about it a while back.
Something like this:
can be cpu mined
can be gpu mined
can be asic mined
can be hash farm mined

This is what sets it apart, larger gpu farms and asics can mine more than cpu mining or 1 gpu miners can get. We are the future. Everyone gets equil, yay for us. Invest more money into miners and you can get more also. We are not another scamcoin.

Thats where i stopped reading and exited the page, when = means regardless of setup you have, they only count 1gpu/person and can verify, then that is equil, otherwise its not =.

I_AM_AT_WORK_NOW_

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:28:05 AM

I think the main problem with myriad coin is there is just too damn many of them, the market is saturated with I think over 60 million coins now and it's only a month old? Hardly bears well for creating a scarce crypto currency to sit alongside Bitcoin. It may be fun for miners but what is the practical use for consumers, why should they want to exchange it for goods or services?

The actual quantity is irrelevant when it'd digital and divisible.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:01:56 AM

It's relevant when there is no illusion of scarcity. Also why should consumers care if the coin is good for miners, people forget crypto is designed to be used as a currency, not a plaything or science project for miners, do you imagine the average person who knows nothing of SHS-256, Scrypt or CPU vs GPU mining wanting to use Myriad? I respect technical innovation but it still has to serve an end use at the end of the day.
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:27:25 AM

I read about it a while back.
Something like this:
can be cpu mined
can be gpu mined
can be asic mined
can be hash farm mined

This is what sets it apart, larger gpu farms and asics can mine more than cpu mining or 1 gpu miners can get. We are the future. Everyone gets equil, yay for us. Invest more money into miners and you can get more also. We are not another scamcoin.

Thats where i stopped reading and exited the page, when = means regardless of setup you have, they only count 1gpu/person and can verify, then that is equil, otherwise its not =.

I think you haven't managed to grasp the concept nothing you said is what myriadcoin does ... actually it might be because I just woke up but I don't really understand what you said ...

It's relevant when there is no illusion of scarcity. Also why should consumers care if the coin is good for miners, people forget crypto is designed to be used as a currency, not a plaything or science project for miners, do you imagine the average person who knows nothing of SHS-256, Scrypt or CPU vs GPU mining wanting to use Myriad? I respect technical innovation but it still has to serve an end use at the end of the day.

so there's 3% of the coin mined in 1 month , MINED ... distributed to miners ... there's coins with more premine than that that have been launched and are more widely adopted as for scarcity ? I think that it was about time that a coin with more than a few tens of millions came out, a coin that can be valued somewhere between 10c and 1$ so as not to make the divisions so long and hard. and as for the average person part, the average person doesn't understand shit about how btc or ltc or even doge works and they don't care, a crypto coin's base comunity will be made of miners not of average persons, average persons will invest in a coin that is backed up by the biggest comunity and the the one with the most promising features.

nope
luck5

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:34:56 AM

you have no point here mate, sorry.
First of all, why should there be the need of "a scarce crypto currency to sit alongside Bitcoin"?? Do u want a scarce crypto currency?
You have bitcoin already. Period.

(You dont like bitcoin for whatever reason? Then you have UNO, FRK, 42 etc etc, see? scarcity is not a point for value)

As for a currency, i think it's better to see a price of lets say 1.99 MYR for a pizza than 0.00978327 BTC

The amount of coins is not a point, the value is just according to it, you just pay less satoshis to buy it

Miners dont mine for fun. It's an investment, so the more miners a coin is able to attract the less coin you mine, and the more expensive it gets. That gives a floor to the value of the coin, and security to the coin structure

The point of MYR is that its mining design brings back the equality concept that satoshi intended when he designed bitcoin, but could not predict the impact of asics.
PLUS (and this is a HUGE plus that is going unnoticed) it preserves the huge amount of money invested in mining hardware.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:43:21 AM

Myriadcoin is indeed interesting.

It would be great if some independent party could answer my questions here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522096

Because those points I raise could be a huge marketing advantage.
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:09:07 PM

Myriadcoin is indeed interesting.

It would be great if some independent party could answer my questions here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522096

Because those points I raise could be a huge marketing advantage.

and you have your answer from ahmed... are you satisfied with it ?

nope
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:53:36 PM

Hi foodies, thank you for the information and starting of this enlightening thread. You do a very good job at promoting myriadcoin Smiley

foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:55:02 PM

Hi foodies, thank you for the information and starting of this enlightening thread. You do a very good job at promoting myriadcoin Smiley

thank you for thanking me and noticing my thread:)

nope
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:57:34 PM

Anyway, why is Cryptsy not adding yet? I see no voting on Myriadcoin, although it is on the Coinmarketcap already. Should I email them or start a threat on their forums?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: