Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:55:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MASS] Decentralized HARD DRIVE mining cryptocurrency | PoC | Low Energy cost  (Read 9308 times)
ChpCms

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2020, 11:17:23 AM

Has anyone tried mining this coin? Please share your experience about how it was like how much time you mined and what return you get.

You can try there mining pool https://masscafe.cn/ .
I am not advertising their pool, please DYOR before you Join that pool. It's from China and China is hub of all sorts of mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MineHunter12

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 01, 2020, 06:20:34 PM

Was looking forward to a new HDD coin...but...
Only pool requires your mobile number for login....can't imagine most miners being ok with that.
I managed to "plot" a few hunderd GB, but now it says "plotting" but nothing happnens, my plots have stopped growing.
Cannot withdraw coins until you reach 30, which according to the pool 1TB earns about 0.5 coins a day, so will take 60 days with 1TB.

All in all, pretty crap launch....oh, and already at block 443401 with diff 192,149,841,589,020,030, so it feels like some massive miners must be winning a huge amount of blocks.

If anyone knows how to mine this coin correctly please let me know....

Update, so i now have 0.24340604 MASS in my wallet but the pool says

云空间收益/pc端收益 (which translates to
Cloud space revenue / pc-side revenue
3.25368565/0.24340604

What the heck, so i am basically mining for someone else??? 3.25 MASS to the "cloud" and 0.24 MASS to me.....
What is going on.

They are in there initial stages probably that's why we are encountering such issues. Have you tried posting this on there TG t.me/massnetorg
I got my issues related to setting up miner fixed there. May be you can find a fix for this also. Or wait for moderator answer here.
MASSNET (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 31
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 02, 2020, 04:03:54 AM

Was looking forward to a new HDD coin...but...
Only pool requires your mobile number for login....can't imagine most miners being ok with that.
I managed to "plot" a few hunderd GB, but now it says "plotting" but nothing happnens, my plots have stopped growing.
Cannot withdraw coins until you reach 30, which according to the pool 1TB earns about 0.5 coins a day, so will take 60 days with 1TB.

All in all, pretty crap launch....oh, and already at block 443401 with diff 192,149,841,589,020,030, so it feels like some massive miners must be winning a huge amount of blocks.

If anyone knows how to mine this coin correctly please let me know....

Update, so i now have 0.24340604 MASS in my wallet but the pool says

云空间收益/pc端收益 (which translates to
Cloud space revenue / pc-side revenue
3.25368565/0.24340604

What the heck, so i am basically mining for someone else??? 3.25 MASS to the "cloud" and 0.24 MASS to me.....
What is going on.
Hi there, mining pool service is offered by third party. You should try to contact support. From my knowledge, the pool have been given free 1T cloud space for 3 days, the reward will be yours.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2020, 02:03:13 AM

at today's price 25 coins cost about 90 cents a day

Is that true and they are offering 1 MASS a week for legendary members for wearing their avatar and signature code that's 0.27 cents a week for wearing the signature code and avatar we don't know the price but if the price you mentioned is correct then it's not worth promoting this project at 0.27 cents a week.

kopisusu

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 02:19:01 AM

Is that true and they are offering 1 MASS a week for legendary members for wearing their avatar and signature code that's 0.27 cents a week for wearing the signature code and avatar we don't know the price but if the price you mentioned is correct then it's not worth promoting this project at 0.27 cents a week.
It's better to buy coins than to have to participate in the bounty of this project, whether the team is joking or insulting the bounty hunter because they only pay 0.27 cents/week Cheesy
bogdan198
Copper Member

Activity: 337
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 07:44:21 AM

at today's price 25 coins cost about 90 cents a day

from the messages of the telegram chat administrator, I realized that the bounty was organized not by the team, but by a pool that allegedly has nothing to do with the team

fortunecrypto
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2020, 10:03:55 AM

Terrible project....
I started plotting a 2TB drive, got about 200GB plotted (which took 7 hours) when i decided to add a second 2TB drive...for some reason when i next checked it had started from scratch again...
18 hours later, it has only done about 420GB but split unequally across the 2 drives....
Why can't this plots be done like BURST. I can plot a 8TB drive a day with BURST plots, i can't even plot 1TB a day with this
Why can't i decide what plots i want, and how i want to control them?
With this it like guess work controlled by someone else....
Also no exchanges yet, so don't see where the prices are coming from...but it 8TB earns only 90 cents a day then with power costs i will be -$1.50 a day, so completely pointless.
Why are all these new POC coins so poor.....
Just a simple BURST clone would be so much cleaner...simple plotting, simple mining, clear pools....no wonder most of crypto feels like a con at the moment.

Frustrating....

Thanks for sharing your experience, now those thinking of mining this coin will have something to think about if it's worth mining this coin, and those who will participate in the bounty campaign better think twice or look around if there are other projects worth your time and effort, 28 cents a week is not the price of your worth as a bounty hunter.

MineHunter12

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 05:05:05 PM

Terrible project....
I started plotting a 2TB drive, got about 200GB plotted (which took 7 hours) when i decided to add a second 2TB drive...for some reason when i next checked it had started from scratch again...
18 hours later, it has only done about 420GB but split unequally across the 2 drives....
Why can't this plots be done like BURST. I can plot a 8TB drive a day with BURST plots, i can't even plot 1TB a day with this
Also no exchanges yet, so don't see where the prices are coming from...but it 8TB earns only 90 cents a day then with power costs i will be -$1.50 a day, so completely pointless.
Just a simple BURST clone would be so much cleaner...simple plotting, simple mining, clear pools....no wonder most of crypto feels like a con at the moment.

Frustrating....

It's like betting I would say. You keep mining them on the hope that they may give you good price in the future once it's lifted on exchange. The same was said about bitcoin in its early days. Your choice!!!
ToothlessCoin

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

Crypto Mindset

View Profile
April 03, 2020, 05:21:12 PM

hi. my computer does not beckon at all, I bought 120 days for $ 60 8TB on this pool https://masscafe.cn/ and this is mining, the computer has nothing to do with it

Do you have any estimate of how many miners are in that pool? for how long you are mining on this pool?
fortunecrypto
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2020, 06:25:59 PM
Merited by invincible49 (1)

You only have to wear an avatar, text, and signature. Then pray for more participants to join the bounty. There is no limit of posts per week in stage 1. So I think it's not a bad deal. Still I don't qualify for that Sad
Not a bad deal?! you are getting paid 27 cents per week, you are lower than a slave if you think that way can I hire you for 27 cents a week for ten weeks posting 10 post a week let's see what will you feel , better stay a newbie if you think that way.

MASSNET (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 04, 2020, 03:04:56 AM

You only have to wear an avatar, text, and signature. Then pray for more participants to join the bounty. There is no limit of posts per week in stage 1. So I think it's not a bad deal. Still I don't qualify for that Sad
Not a bad deal?! you are getting paid 27 cents per week, you are lower than a slave if you think that way can I hire you for 27 cents a week for ten weeks posting 10 post a week let's see what will you feel , better stay a newbie if you think that way.
i'm so confuse about the 27 cents you always mentioned around, mass havent been listed, there is no price for now, did you got scam or something? did you really trade on that price? if you did, prove it, i personally will give double price to buy it from you.Smiley
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:14:47 AM

Terrible project....

Frustrating....

It's like betting I would say. You keep mining them on the hope that they may give you good price in the future once it's lifted on exchange. The same was said about bitcoin in its early days. Your choice!!!

It's nothing like betting at all.
When BTC was first mined it was mined directly using the wallet and you saw the results in front of your eyes. It was many months before it went to external cpu, and then had nearly 2 years mined with gpus, and pools....
As for this coin it is a POC coin not a POW coin. try doing some homework and look at BURST the original POC coin, and you will learn the differences, and why this one will most likely fail.
Or....simply flip a coin to pick your coins to mine....
it is great to hear from some real miner, it is not betting or it is betting it is not important, the truth is 1. from consensus algrithm layer we used time-memory trade off, it has significantly improvement in security which is different with burst. 2. the plotting speed is depends on the usage of your cpu, if you looking to the code, whichi is opern sourced, the full node mienr still lots of space for improvement in plotting speed, we are working on it, it would be great if you can help with coding.

Anyway to get to know the team. Can't find a mention or profile anywhere
MASSNET (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 07, 2020, 01:30:37 PM

To user MASSNET

Can you please tell users what files they should download, and how to use this coin please.

I have tried several ways but find the software buggy at best.

1).. "mass-wallet-full-node-1.1.0-mainnet-windows.exe" - Takes ages to sync on any windows PC regardless of spec, and provides an "address" OK....
2).."mass-miner-1.1.0-mainnet-windows.exe" - Same as aboce takes ages to "sync" but does nothing. I put say 10GB in "Preset Capacity" and my address from the above FullNode wallet into "Address" field, and then it asks for "passphrase" which i enter...a box saying "loading" with a ring of dots flashes in the background, but never does anything...

3).."pc-miner-win-latest.exe" terrible software. I have finally managed to PLOT 3TB, which has taken 5 days on a Ryzen 1800x with SSD and 32GB ram, but when i tried to take the external 4TB HHD it was plotting to, to transfer to a low powered PC so it could mine, it wiped the plots and started from ZERO again....
Since i started this project the sum total of my wallet is 9 MASS and the withdrawl min is 30...

So i can only conclude this project is some form of scam

So user MASSNET please explain what i am doing wrong. How do i plot the drives on a fast machine to then use on a low powered machine.
Why doesn;t the "mass-miner-1.1.0-mainnet-windows.exe" file work (I am using clean install Win 10, all defaults, no AV)

Why does "pc-miner-win-latest.exe" put a copy of itself in appdata local, and roaming....why is it writing many huge files there, the plotting should be done in ram and then written directly to the location the plot files are stored.

Also, why am i seeing a massive amount of internet traffic when running your software?
Why have i had to reinstall Microsft Edge" 3 times now because your software appears to overwrite it?
Why on a seperate Win10 pc 2c/4t which has been plotting using "pc-miner-win-latest.exe" has it worked for 3 days solid (only plotting 200GB thou) but when Edge broke and i reinstalled it, the plotting has now stopped and wont restart?

I think you need to explain what is going on with your software...

Hi, there thanks for your patient, before i answer your question, may i ask you a question that have you ever ran a bitcoin full node to mine bitcoin? BR
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2020, 04:55:29 PM

i'm so confuse about the 27 cents you always mentioned around, mass havent been listed, there is no price for now, did you got scam or something? did you really trade on that price? if you did, prove it, i personally will give double price to buy it from you.Smiley
hello sir, I think for your signature campaign it is very quiet or any other campaign because no one knows the total allocation of figures that can be calculated, you must act and make changes so that your supporters do not feel confused

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 09, 2020, 08:39:01 PM

where to trade???
exchange yet???
MASSNET (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 10, 2020, 09:06:30 AM

To user MASSNET

Can you please tell users what files they should download, and how to use this coin please.

I have tried several ways but find the software buggy at best.

1).. "mass-wallet-full-node-1.1.0-mainnet-windows.exe" - Takes ages to sync on any windows PC regardless of spec, and provides an "address" OK....
2).."mass-miner-1.1.0-mainnet-windows.exe" - Same as aboce takes ages to "sync" but does nothing. I put say 10GB in "Preset Capacity" and my address from the above FullNode wallet into "Address" field, and then it asks for "passphrase" which i enter...a box saying "loading" with a ring of dots flashes in the background, but never does anything...

3).."pc-miner-win-latest.exe" terrible software. I have finally managed to PLOT 3TB, which has taken 5 days on a Ryzen 1800x with SSD and 32GB ram, but when i tried to take the external 4TB HHD it was plotting to, to transfer to a low powered PC so it could mine, it wiped the plots and started from ZERO again....
Since i started this project the sum total of my wallet is 9 MASS and the withdrawl min is 30...

So i can only conclude this project is some form of scam

So user MASSNET please explain what i am doing wrong. How do i plot the drives on a fast machine to then use on a low powered machine.
Why doesn;t the "mass-miner-1.1.0-mainnet-windows.exe" file work (I am using clean install Win 10, all defaults, no AV)

Why does "pc-miner-win-latest.exe" put a copy of itself in appdata local, and roaming....why is it writing many huge files there, the plotting should be done in ram and then written directly to the location the plot files are stored.

Also, why am i seeing a massive amount of internet traffic when running your software?
Why have i had to reinstall Microsft Edge" 3 times now because your software appears to overwrite it?
Why on a seperate Win10 pc 2c/4t which has been plotting using "pc-miner-win-latest.exe" has it worked for 3 days solid (only plotting 200GB thou) but when Edge broke and i reinstalled it, the plotting has now stopped and wont restart?

I think you need to explain what is going on with your software...

Hi, there thanks for your patient, before i answer your question, may i ask you a question that have you ever ran a bitcoin full node to mine bitcoin? BR

Yes i have, many years ago before they removed that function.
I also currently solo mine over 200 coins.
ok let me answer your question.
1. full node wallet needs time to synch, same with bitcoin, the speed of synch is depends on the network enviroment, when more and more full node is setup nearby, synch would be quicker.
2. the same reason with 1.
3. the pc miner is a product from a third party mining pool, not from mass core team. i think they offer it to ensure that normal pc users who dont have much space can join in the network. it is linked to thier mining pool, so full node miner is still recommended, or you can build your own mining pool
MASSNET (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 12, 2020, 06:42:27 PM

Hi Guys,
Is anyone using the fullnode miner? If so how much are you mining per day with how many TB please?
I'm using 1TB and and mining ZERO.

J
1TB is too small to get block reward, right now the total storage is about more than 100PB
ST.RUF

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 10:26:31 AM

Hi Guys,
Is anyone using the fullnode miner? If so how much are you mining per day with how many TB please?
I'm using 1TB and and mining ZERO.

J
1TB is too small to get block reward, right now the total storage is about more than 100PB
Impossible,The Predicted Revenue per TB per Day is 0.499 MASS(Where you can find here:https://masscafe.cn/wepool/home).
The block reward for person who doesn't bind is 6 MASS.
So the total storage is 60*60*24/45*6/0.499 = 23086TB = 23PB.
Eventhough the 0.499 MASS is for person who binded,(Impossible,Actually,wepool doesn't support binding.),
The total storage should be 60*60*24/45*26/0.499 = 100 PB.
ST.RUF

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 01:57:58 AM

@MASSMINER

I think it's time you came clean about this coin.

This is supposed to be a coin for all miners, yet one guy claims he was earning 25-30 coins a day with 8TB, yet with 1TB i cannot mine any coins (wallet) and with 4TB on wepool i am getting approx 1 - 2 coins a day.
Now you are saying that 1TB isn't enough to mine anything, and that the net capacity is over 100PB ! So how is this a coin for everyone?

It is clearly yet another POC coin designed for huge server farms.....also for the capacity to be so large so quickly, when there isnt even a place to trade the coins yet, so they are worthless, that must mean someone has a mucjh faster plotter out there.
I wanted to believe this coin was different, but seems it is a simple scam like all other POC coins......

please if i am wrong explain to all of us...
Why havent you released a stand alone plotter yet? How come the mining process still isnt very transparent?

Also, who is buying and selling these coins?
One 8TB drive in the USA costs $200, so even if the coins were $0.5 it would take 400 coins to break even @ 2-4 coins a day that is 100-200 days, and thats before you add other hardware, power costs....oh, and thats IF the coins were $0.5 each, which is very unlikely.......luck to get $0.05 per coin, so that means 1000+ days to break even.....completely pointless.

Would love to know from amyone where these coins can be traded.

Thanks

Strongly agree. The project is not transparent.
Indacoin

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

https://indacoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2020, 03:48:28 PM

Good evening guys! When you will add your coin on exchange?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: