Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: REALT - Fractional and frictionless real estate investing - MY EXPERIENCE  (Read 922 times)
btcltcdigger (OP)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 07:50:50 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2020, 10:52:42 AM by btcltcdigger
Merited by xandry (2), Daniel91 (1), cryptofrka (1), marlboroza (1), Blacknavy (1)

History:

Few years ago, I've worked with an individual from US who had, at that time, an idea new and interesting to me. This idea was to buy some property, divide it into shares, and sell shares to anyone willing to invest.
The premise was, that property value was equal to sum of all shares. So each share had a value directly proportional to the value of the property.

Meaning, if property X was valued at $100k at time of purchase, and we decided to split it in 100 shares, each share would be valued at $1k.
If the property market was good, and value of the property was now assessed at $120k, this means each share would now be valued at $1.2k.

In addition to that, the property, would be rented out. The rent would be collected by the company, management fee's subtracted, and what's left would be divided into Y parts, where Y was the number of shares for this property. Then, depending how many shares of the property you own, you would get as big of a slice of the rent money.

Present time:

Few days ago, I came across an article that mentioned the idea above, but tokenized and on blockchain. Which means, shares could be purchased with crypto, as well as fiat.
This article was talking about https://realt.co/
I've spent days looking at the website, trying to figure out if it's a scam or legit.
So far, all of the facts point that it's legit.

Few days have passed, and i decided to give it try. I purchased several shares of this estate: https://realt.co/product/20200-lesure-st-detroit-mi-48235/
Payment was done via coinbase widget, i chose payment in ETH. I bought total od 3 shares for i think $208, aka 1.09 ETH at that time.
The website is promising $7.11 per token per year. So tehnically this will be 0.058 cents per day. Lets see...

The idea of this thread will be to give you guys review of the process, and if in fact the whole idea is legit or not. I'll try to give as much info as possible, and try as many options as possible.
If everything checks out, this could prove to be a really nice long term passive income stream, so I'm giving it a go and hopefully will be able to provide insight. Worst case, i lose some money.
I'll be posting updates every so often, but my main goal here is to see:
- if i really do get the tokens
- if i really do get daily interest
- if i can in fact sell the shares i bought, and hopefully make some profit on it

This is a live feed how much DAI & USDC i have made from the property:

(if the image doesn't load, just refresh)

Update#1:
After completing my purchase, the website requested i do KYC. No problem, KYC info submitted, waiting for further details...
Update#2:
Their support claims that they have an issue with KYC, and should be resolved by the end of the day. Lets see... (screenshot)
Update#3:
KYC system still broken, KYC still not done. Hopefully today is the day
Update#4:
KYC has been approved, and legal document has been issued for digital signature between me and the realt.co. My side is signed, waiting for them to sign.
Update#5:
Documents have been signed by both sides, and tokens have been sent to my ERC-20 wallet.  (screenshots)
Update#6:
My daily DAI interest has arrived at my ETH wallet. (screenshot)
Update#7:
DAI is coming every day.  Granted, it's only been 3 days, but still, shows promise (screenshot)
Update#8:
The payout was switched to USDC while DAI peg to USD is unstable
Update#9:
Bought additional tokens which should increase my daily revenue to 13 cents
Update#10:
Bought additional tokens which increased my daily revenue to just under 20 cents (screenshot)
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 07:51:00 PM

Reserved
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 08:29:08 PM

Adding screenshot of their live support chat, where they inform me that kyc processing might take longer than expected due to kyc system error.
As can be seen here:

Utoy101

Activity: 368
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2020, 09:22:15 PM

I hope the whole thing works out. This is an amazing innovation towards bringing cryptocurrency and blockchain to mainstream adoption. With tokenization of asset, it will provide everyone with the oppotunity to own fractional properties irrespective of location. This will also serve as a sure means for cryptocurrency investors and whales to diversify thier portfolio and investment without leaving the crypto universe.
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 06:04:15 AM

KYC is still not verified. Last message i got is that it will be done ASAP, but probably tomorrow. Still keeping my hopes up high
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 06:10:47 AM

It's same idea with chellecoin, the rewards is very reasonable, nothing too good to be real there and team are very serious as well, informations about bought properties are damn real that's why chellecoin is still the most serious real estate project on blockchain so far, maybe I will look into realt.co too

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 07:01:33 AM

Isn't this a DeFi thing? Or is it on coinbase? I think I saw a promotion on real estate company on defi twitter some weeks ago. I wasn't too sure though, probably due to legal challenges, the way the house was built, and location matter too.
I think I would prefer crypto properties to be far away from developed places. Maybe just build few mobile homes on rich lands in isolated areas, and rent them out or sell to people who understand the value of decentralized mobile homes and sustainable living. One of the most important thing is to get the areas connected to the internet, and provide some other basic infrastructures.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 07:08:40 AM

7$ on 200$+ investment? It seems staking coins have higher returns than this real estate project, I can make more from Tezos and few new proof of stake coins on binance, actually I haven't seen any real estate project that is not a scam, they always have good start and end up scamming people

btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 07:15:59 AM

7$ on 200$+ investment? It seems staking coins have higher returns than this real estate project, I can make more from Tezos and few new proof of stake coins on binance, actually I haven't seen any real estate project that is not a scam, they always have good start and end up scamming people

Actually it's $7 per token. $200 is 3 tokens, so it's actually $21

It's 10% interest per anum.
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 08:27:16 AM

Isn't this a DeFi thing? Or is it on coinbase? I think I saw a promotion on real estate company on defi twitter some weeks ago. I wasn't too sure though, probably due to legal challenges, the way the house was built, and location matter too.
I think I would prefer crypto properties to be far away from developed places. Maybe just build few mobile homes on rich lands in isolated areas, and rent them out or sell to people who understand the value of decentralized mobile homes and sustainable living. One of the most important thing is to get the areas connected to the internet, and provide some other basic infrastructures.

Having property in remote locations would be bad IMHO.
Yes, i see the appeal of it, but you gotta remember that the main source of income for this kind of business is rent which the tenant is paying.
And more often than not, tenants want urban locations. Plus, rent is usually much higher in the city
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 08:54:02 AM

10% interest per annual is something that POS coins offers but since the token can become more valuable because of its use case I will try to check the project out, I'm lost too many money investing in new projects since 2019, it's time I move entirely back to old altcoins

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 09:42:34 AM

10% interest per annual is something that POS coins offers but since the token can become more valuable because of its use case I will try to check the project out, I'm lost too many money investing in new projects since 2019, it's time I move entirely back to old altcoins

That's exactly why i made this post.
Wait couple of days till i can get a sense if this is legit or not before investing.

Also, if you plan to invest here, i'd appreciate you using my REF link Cheesy (will be sent via PM if you want)
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 04:42:53 PM

Finally the KYC has been approved and everything is fine.
The next step is to sign an actual contract with them.

You receive an invite in the email, asking you to use a digital signature service.
You're presented with a lenghty contract, and it's advised you read it.
Even better, if you have access to an attorney, have him read it and interpret, as it's filled with "legal language".

Signing of it is pretty simple, you click on 3 check-boxes and then provide a signature, which you can either draw, upload or write and choose a "handwriting like" font.

After you submit it, the other side (realt.co) needs to sign as well. ATM waiting for them to sign
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2020, 08:50:49 PM

The document has been signed, and the tokens have been issued.
I can confirm that I see both tokens in my ERC-20 wallet, and i see it shown on my portfolio on the realt.co webpage.
So far so good.

Also, since the website has an option to sell your tokens, i wanted to see what the price was, and believe it or not, they offered me the exact value i paid.

Next thing would be to wait couple of days to see the interest coming in (apparently, it's paid daily) and to see after some time if the property price would change value and how it would affect the price of my tokens
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2020, 06:42:58 PM

snip..
I am very interested in the concepts offered by REALT, which are very easy to understand.

btw.. @OP thank you for sharing, if the investment that you show is proven to be paying, then I am interested in becoming one of the members  Grin

btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2020, 11:27:05 PM

snip..
I am very interested in the concepts offered by REALT, which are very easy to understand.

btw.. @OP thank you for sharing, if the investment that you show is proven to be paying, then I am interested in becoming one of the members  Grin

I just received my 1st payment. It's not much, but it's what i calculated it would be.
It would seem they are true to their word and they're paying daily interest in DAI

Now only thing left to do is wait to see if the payments will be constant, and in the end, if the property value will increase in time.

So far, everything checks out and is legit.

However, there is one possibility left, and that's that they're actually giving me back my money (what i invested, converted to DAI) and there's no property involved.
At some point, if the price of property goes up, i might decide to sell a share or two to see what will happen.
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 06:25:59 PM

It's been 3 days now since i passed KYC and officialy got the tokens. And each day, DAI came

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 09:46:04 PM

Have you analysed and checked their licensing from the relevant authorities, even though this project is based on blockchain tech and revilves around tokenization of real estate assets for fractional ownership but still this type of business model needs proper licensing and registrations from all related authorities from the local area from where they are operating, if you share there authentic licenses and approval from official regulatory bodies then it would be great.

btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2020, 12:07:00 PM

Have you analysed and checked their licensing from the relevant authorities, even though this project is based on blockchain tech and revilves around tokenization of real estate assets for fractional ownership but still this type of business model needs proper licensing and registrations from all related authorities from the local area from where they are operating, if you share there authentic licenses and approval from official regulatory bodies then it would be great.

I have not checked. But feel free to do so.
As stated in the beginning, i'm not promoting this project, just testing it to see if it's legit or not
btcltcdigger (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2020, 06:17:30 PM

I've put an auto generated image in the OP that will reflect in real time my DAI balance.
This balance represents gains from the property
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: