Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:13:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lightning Network - Thoughts?  (Read 1571 times)
Flux0z (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 09:06:02 AM

Who is hating Lightning Network? when we can save a lot of transaction fees although it has some limitations. But it could really help in a way, specially if we go on another parabolic run choking the network.

So if you wanted to pay someone, you can take advantage of LN, open a channel so that the other party can issue the payment without adding congestion to the network, p2p, off-chain transaction.
As mentioned the only issue with me is the limitations and trusting a random channel expecting that i could trust them. We are seeing the adoption for a while but for a major adoption we need to have a friendly interface and i expect electrum or similar companies to come up with Lightning Network integration that could help anyone to start a channel easily.

Right now the bitcoin transaction are congested and it is taking several hours to get a confirmation. I hope majority of the exchanges starts accepting LN to avoid the delay.

[..snip..]

That's awesome news, wasn't aware of that. Definitely good news whenever I see the Lightning Network intergrated in blockchain projects, wallets etc.

Electrum devs have been working since last year, and this is very much anticipated event specially if they can release and go live this year.

Regarding trust, well we can also say that to exchanges and wallets that we used. Can we trust a fully DEX exchange like Binance or Coinbase? Another good news is that Kraken, one of the biggest exchanges out there, has plans to roll out LN as well.

https://twitter.com/pierre_rochard/status/1265835635862093824

It will be huge for crypto community if this plan push through as well. And I'm sure other crypto exchanges doesn't want to be left behind and this will be the new norm in the future.

That's pretty dope man. I know Bitfinex also plans to support LN payments, if they don't already.

The Binance "DEX" is not decentralized, I hope you're aware of that by now, otherwise now you know. Truly decentralized exchanges doesn't need to be "trusted", since they are trustless.

I'm pretty excited for the release of the Stakenet Lightning DEX, I'm sure it will be a huge success. Been beta testing it for awhile, and it looks like it's ready for public release within a week or 2 max..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
June 07, 2020, 05:57:44 AM

Who is hating Lightning Network? when we can save a lot of transaction fees although it has some limitations. But it could really help in a way, specially if we go on another parabolic run choking the network.

So if you wanted to pay someone, you can take advantage of LN, open a channel so that the other party can issue the payment without adding congestion to the network, p2p, off-chain transaction.
As mentioned the only issue with me is the limitations and trusting a random channel expecting that i could trust them. We are seeing the adoption for a while but for a major adoption we need to have a friendly interface and i expect electrum or similar companies to come up with Lightning Network integration that could help anyone to start a channel easily.

Right now the bitcoin transaction are congested and it is taking several hours to get a confirmation. I hope majority of the exchanges starts accepting LN to avoid the delay.

[..snip..]

That's awesome news, wasn't aware of that. Definitely good news whenever I see the Lightning Network intergrated in blockchain projects, wallets etc.

Electrum devs have been working since last year, and this is very much anticipated event specially if they can release and go live this year.

Regarding trust, well we can also say that to exchanges and wallets that we used. Can we trust a fully DEX exchange like Binance or Coinbase? Another good news is that Kraken, one of the biggest exchanges out there, has plans to roll out LN as well.

It will be huge for crypto community if this plan push through as well. And I'm sure other crypto exchanges doesn't want to be left behind and this will be the new norm in the future.

That's pretty dope man. I know Bitfinex also plans to support LN payments, if they don't already.

The Binance "DEX" is not decentralized, I hope you're aware of that by now, otherwise now you know. Truly decentralized exchanges doesn't need to be "trusted", since they are trustless.

I'm pretty excited for the release of the Stakenet Lightning DEX, I'm sure it will be a huge success. Been beta testing it for awhile, and it looks like it's ready for public release within a week or 2 max..

Yeah, it's going to be big if they can roll it out this year, and for sure many DEX will follow on their path and implement LN itself. Binance DEX? I agree they are not that decentralised, they just put it up to attract traders, but a wise and intelligent traders knows what they are doing from behind.

Will keep an eye on the Stakenet Lightning DEX and do hope that it will be a huge success. It is very different concept (LN + MN), for sure everyone is excited about this one.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
LeoBTCGod

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 06:02:16 AM

[..snip..]

Yeah, it's going to be big if they can roll it out this year, and for sure many DEX will follow on their path and implement LN itself. Binance DEX? I agree they are not that decentralised, they just put it up to attract traders, but a wise and intelligent traders knows what they are doing from behind.

Will keep an eye on the Stakenet Lightning DEX and do hope that it will be a huge success. It is very different concept (LN + MN), for sure everyone is excited about this one.

It's a pretty damn cool project, and I still can't comprehend how everyone is missing out on this one. Literally solves the most important problems we have in the crypto space right now.
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 01:54:59 PM

[..snip..]

It's indeed a very interesting approach they've going on here, and from the tests I've seen on the DEX itself, I can safely say that it's going to be a game changer.

Anyone will be able to trade freely, instantly, and with very low fees, between all their favourite coins and tokens, doesn't get any more convienent than that!
criket

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 02:28:30 PM

It's indeed a very interesting approach they've going on here, and from the tests I've seen on the DEX itself, I can safely say that it's going to be a game changer.

Anyone will be able to trade freely, instantly, and with very low fees, between all their favourite coins and tokens, doesn't get any more convienent than that!
each exchange has a different advantage. some have a large list of assets. of course, that means there is support from many communities. There are also few assets but with low transaction costs. but DEX always provides the best for daily traders who want to buy and sell quickly and in high volume.
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 06:00:45 AM

each exchange has a different advantage. some have a large list of assets. of course, that means there is support from many communities. There are also few assets but with low transaction costs. but DEX always provides the best for daily traders who want to buy and sell quickly and in high volume.

You'll be able to buy from centralized exchanges via the Stakenet DEX. It runs through an API, so you can arbitrage back and forth, instantly over the Lightning Network. It's gonna be a real game changer, no doubt.
Taufik blackspade team

Activity: 431
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 03:17:42 PM

You'll be able to buy from centralized exchanges via the Stakenet DEX. It runs through an API, so you can arbitrage back and forth, instantly over the Lightning Network. It's gonna be a real game changer, no doubt.
it looks like in the future this kind of trading will indeed be very in demand. all traders are looking for profit, and now we can see ways to make a profit more easily.
LeoBTCGod

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 01:47:25 PM

it looks like in the future this kind of trading will indeed be very in demand. all traders are looking for profit, and now we can see ways to make a profit more easily.

True. Speed of trading is essential if we want to get the masses to trade on DEX's ultimately. Traditional atomic swaps on some chains are simply way too slow
BTCXRPADA

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2020, 09:01:32 AM

Trading instantly between "heavy" chains such as BTC and LTC is pretty important, and most likely why we haven't seen any REAL usage of DEX's as of lately. CEX's are just way faster to transact on, which is why people just use them instead.
The Lightning Network isn't easy to deal with as well as a standalone thing on top of BTC, so what these guys are working on, is pretty important for ALL DEX's in general.
Flux0z (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 03:20:31 PM

Trading instantly between "heavy" chains such as BTC and LTC is pretty important, and most likely why we haven't seen any REAL usage of DEX's as of lately. CEX's are just way faster to transact on, which is why people just use them instead.
The Lightning Network isn't easy to deal with as well as a standalone thing on top of BTC, so what these guys are working on, is pretty important for ALL DEX's in general.

True. Stakenet's DEX Aggregator is what will change everything, and make DEX's as easy to use as ANY CEX out there.

Wh00re

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 06:21:51 PM

Definitely. Trading needs to be  a EASILY accessible for everyone, which is what Binance did back when they launched. Their exchange got popular because it was easy to navigate a part from alle the marketing efforts.

When you look at how smooth the DEX works, there's no doubt that it will be a massive game changer for people looking to trade on DEX's either manually or with trading bots.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 08:03:45 PM

The lack of adoption of Lightning network is as a result to poor marketing, this is what Ethereum does better than any project in the space, I think the team think they only need to build the network and users would rush using it when there are many competing solutions in the space.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2020, 06:34:47 PM

The lack of adoption of Lightning network is as a result to poor marketing, this is what Ethereum does better than any project in the space, I think the team think they only need to build the network and users would rush using it when there are many competing solutions in the space.

Adoption is lacking because there's no way to use the Lightning Network in an "easy" way. In other words any newbie in crypto wont be able to make use of it. Stakenet changes this, and makes the whole network extremely user friendly to use, which will undoubtfully make big waves in the crypto communities.
Wh00re

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 19, 2020, 01:00:23 PM

There has been very little marketing thus far, but mind you I believe it will pick up, once the tech is easily accessible for the "average Joe"
2020Crypto

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 06:54:48 PM

The Lightning Network is not used by any people because it's not easily accessible, and useable for newbies. Stakenet is building the infrastructure to bring Lightning Network to the masses.
You'll see  Wink
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1022

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2020, 03:00:35 AM

It's real Bitcoin does, no marketing, and no endorse. this point made the public has the result to directly pure confidence.

Adoption is lacking because there's no way to use the Lightning Network in an "easy" way.
you must know custodial and how easy to use

There has been very little marketing thus far,
unfortunately, I never seen any marketing for that. are you?, explain me what marketing do you mean?, bounty? airdrop?

The Lightning Network is not used by any people because it's not easily accessible, and useable for newbies.
you must try it, same as you first time using myetherwallet,metamask,coinomi and other.

2020Crypto

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 06:12:18 PM

It's real Bitcoin does, no marketing, and no endorse. this point made the public has the result to directly pure confidence.

Adoption is lacking because there's no way to use the Lightning Network in an "easy" way.
you must know custodial and how easy to use

There has been very little marketing thus far,
unfortunately, I never seen any marketing for that. are you?, explain me what marketing do you mean?, bounty? airdrop?

The Lightning Network is not used by any people because it's not easily accessible, and useable for newbies.
you must try it, same as you first time using myetherwallet,metamask,coinomi and other.

I for sure will try this out once it goes public. Been following the progress on the sideline, and it looks VERY promising!
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 04:19:06 AM

The Lightning Network is not used by any people because it's not easily accessible, and useable for newbies. Stakenet is building the infrastructure to bring Lightning Network to the masses.
You'll see  Wink

Poor marketing for Lightning Network? Trust me,,, there is no need to market that just as there was no need to market Segwit. Users choose with the wallet and once Lightning wallets are easier and adopted by wallet providers, they will be the ones doing the "marketing". A lot of Stakenet talk I did not know it uses Lightning?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1022

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2020, 05:10:24 AM

I for sure will try this out once it goes public. Been following the progress on the sideline, and it looks VERY promising!
It's not like you mean. The Lightning Network isn't ICO or something like a marketing product. this is the technology behind Bitcoin where people call it side chain. LN already on public, people use it for fast light payment, you can google it for more info or read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5158920.0

BTCXRPADA

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 06:18:33 PM

You'll see  Wink

Poor marketing for Lightning Network? Trust me,,, there is no need to market that just as there was no need to market Segwit. Users choose with the wallet and once Lightning wallets are easier and adopted by wallet providers, they will be the ones doing the "marketing". A lot of Stakenet talk I did not know it uses Lightning?

Read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/heiw9j/lightning_dex_now_plugged_into_binance_to_ensure/
witho
What Stakenet is doing here is fucking amazing. Basically makes you trade from your OWN wallet, using all centralized exchanges without KYC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: