Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:51:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DID YOU NOTICE ANY SCAM FROM BELOW?
YES - 16 (84.2%)
NO - 3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto giveaway scams and how to spot them  (Read 1301 times)
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 10:15:58 AM

Crypto giveaway scams have one thing in common, in the end you will be asked to make deposit, if you are the type living in greedy pool you will definitely get caught

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 10:26:54 AM

Still, people falling in this kind of trap or scam giveaway, if there are still people then they are not reading a lot of and they are not updated on what's going on, this is now old news but we have learned lessons here before you go for it, ask the community first and if it's too good to be true better think twice or do diligent research.

Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 11:23:06 AM

Crypto giveaway scams have one thing in common, in the end you will be asked to make deposit, if you are the type living in greedy pool you will definitely get caught
Scam giveaway will not only asked us to deposite some money to get our giveway but they may create a phishing site. that happened with some scam fork coins in the past. I remember there was an airdrop that used the name of ethereum create a scam site too. Scammer has various ways to scam people.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:04:48 PM

Whatever it is related to having to deposit first to take part in the Giveaway I think it's clearly a fraud and has happened a lot in some other social media, the scamer continues to convince the victim to make a deposit first with the lure of a big reward even though with a scheme like I think it makes no sense and invalid.

The important thing is we have to be able to differentiate and not be tempted by large amounts of giveaway let alone have to deposit first.

I'm always careful of whatever that will require me to involve with money to get a benefit or reward, that is a pure scam sign. However, people will keep falling for it as scammers keep coming up with new tactics of fraudulent activities.
Grizman25

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:33:16 PM

If a project sell coins in its telegram group, the so-called Selfdrop, its is a scam. I used to buy coins from different projects because I thought it was cheap, but in the end my wallet is now full of crap.
tbone777

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:35:12 PM

Its easy. if they are offer too much and spawning in comments on other page - scam
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 12:45:06 PM

Yeah, I encountered some of this scam mostly on twitter, Sometimes they comment on well-known projects, copying the name and change a little bit on their username same on telegram too. I often join giveaways with verified icon on twitter to avoid this scam, also I check the website for official twitter account I don't join right away I review it first. Scammers are everywhere they will pm you with suspicious links don't ever click a link from a suspicious account just blocked and report them.
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:07:19 PM

Yeah, I encountered some of this scam mostly on twitter, Sometimes they comment on well-known projects, copying the name and change a little bit on their username same on telegram too. I often join giveaways with verified icon on twitter to avoid this scam, also I check the website for official twitter account I don't join right away I review it first. Scammers are everywhere they will pm you with suspicious links don't ever click a link from a suspicious account just blocked and report them.
I think if you see people who do like that on Twitter it's better not to participate because it's safer to only be in this forum or you can participate in several websites that provide information about airdrops, usually only new traders will become victims because they don't have experience.
shollyen

Activity: 344

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:34:10 PM

So many of them would want you to get it done hastily. The reason being that, they know that their intentions can be revealed and foiled at any time. For instance, if you are asked to send money, they will time you and tell you that it will soon close. Had it been you were in doubt at the initial stage, this is where you should now be conscious. Also, they try to stress their intents and intentions.
They can sometimes be very professional at this, which is why you need to be patient.
t3m4nc0k

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

www.jacs.tech

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 01:41:15 PM

besides asking people to deposit money before receiving tokens sometimes they also send emails with names similar to the names of well-known projects

Denies Distro

Activity: 756
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2020, 02:03:23 PM

besides asking people to deposit money before receiving tokens sometimes they also send emails with names similar to the names of well-known projects
and also they change their email address as closely as possible to the original site, but if we look at it usually has a domain that has a character longer than the original domain.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 02:08:02 PM

Yes, twitter is a honey pot for scammers and so are Youtube. That's why it looks like Youtube is really tightening everything specially hacks accounts and channel. And would also suggest to the community that whenever you see one popup in Youtube, report it right away. Very easy to spot, from Vitalik to Elon Musk to Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos fake giveaways. We all know that those rich people are not easily going to give everyone free money. Same for twitter, you can also report those accounts after you block them.
AutomaticTrade254

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 06:00:12 PM

I read your article from beginning to end. As a result, I have realized that there are several ways in which we can be deceived. You have also given several examples, the most striking of which has caught my mind is the correct analysis. I will try to reflect on the facts by holding them in my heart. The point is, don't trust any giveaway blindly other than the official, first check their account than do some thoughts .

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 06:07:15 PM
Merited by hologram (1)

The point is, if a fraud that covers a kind of giveaway, we need to pay attention at the beginning of the prizes they offer to participants. I often see many people joining any giveaway or project that offers high rewards. logically crypto cannot make you rich overnight, so always consider before your time is wasted.

Metall303

Activity: 891

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 26, 2020, 08:01:43 PM

The point is, if a fraud that covers a kind of giveaway, we need to pay attention at the beginning of the prizes they offer to participants. I often see many people joining any giveaway or project that offers high rewards. logically crypto cannot make you rich overnight, so always consider before your time is wasted.
this is not always as you say) cryptocurrency can make you rich in one night) I have become rich several times in one night and then lost this money) this is a sad story but this is the reality of this market. we should be very smart at this market

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2020, 09:07:13 PM

Most times these fake give aways are from parody accounts. It's usually a twisted account they use to enginner a giveaway and they have their army of testifiers that post positive feedbacks to make it real and then the real targets falls in. No one will do a giveaway and ask you to send some amount first. That's the simple trick.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 02:23:59 AM

Asked here first and do research we have a large community here I'm sure that some members have encountered these scams give away one way or another and they have reviews of these scam giveaways whether it is legit or not, it always pays to ask people and do not fall on it fast.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
CrownMade423

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 05:37:50 PM

I read your article from beginning to end. As a result, I have realized that there are several ways in which we can be deceived. You have also given several examples, the most striking of which has caught my mind is the correct analysis. Consider it a scam because nothing on this beautiful earth is free without any purpose . I will try to reflect on the facts by holding them in my heart  everything free a scam / faulty one  .

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
AssociatesBumble579

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 06:38:48 PM

Such deception in social media is not something to be avoided. Again it must be acknowledged that social media cannot be blamed for this fraud. There is a person-centric fault. don't trust any giveaway other than the official, first check their account. I would say that you should think carefully before investing anywhere.

H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 03:46:50 AM

Actually we can spot it easily, the giveaway scam usually too good to happening.
If you require to send 0.1 eth to receive 1 eth, then it is clearly scam. Why don't they just give you 0.9 eth in the first place ?
Giveaway should be an easy task, just give your address and you get the reward, thats it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: